trafarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trafarin

How do I know if my laptop will accept a bluetooth mouse? Right now I have a wireless mouse that connects through a dongle. It would be nice to free up the USB port. Please tell me how I can find this out. Thank you.

danbooke2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001
holdingontowater wrote:what is all this talk about a mous for a touch screen? isn't a finger poke quicker?

I was thinking the same thing, there isn't anything I would/can do on my phone or tablet that would require me to need this that my finger can't do just as well. Including editing documents. Unless you have a bluetooth enabled PC, this just seems pointless.

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0
CharlesP2009 wrote:So on August 20th Woot bestowed upon me a $5 coupon code but reading the email I don't see an obvious word. Anyone else get the email? Did Woot actually forget to put the code in the email or am I too daft?

Yes, the code was accidentally let out of that email. Check the deals.woot forums and the code is int here. Jumbowoot admitted it was an error and it is listed by many people in that discussion.

zacanderson45

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zacanderson45
VolleyB wrote:So, when you pair this with your tablet or phone, do you then get an on-screen pointer? Or do you have to d/l an app to enable that functionality? I've got both an android phone and tablet and would like to be able to use this.

Thanks!

No app for my Nexus 7 running Jellybean!

Just connected my bluetooth mouse and a pointer appeared. What is really cool is when the screen is turned off and you wiggle the mouse it wakes up the screen. nice on battery life

BTW: if you move scroll wheel it cycles through android home screens

dicksondkd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dicksondkd
trafarin wrote:How do I know if my laptop will accept a bluetooth mouse? Right now I have a wireless mouse that connects through a dongle. It would be nice to free up the USB port. Please tell me how I can find this out. Thank you.

Go to your "Devices and Printers" page (Mac users, you're on your own) and see if there's a bluetooth card of some sort listed there. If you have Bluetooth, your computer will take a Bluetooth mouse, almost guaranteed.

noah914

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noah914
danbooke2001 wrote:I was thinking the same thing, there isn't anything I would/can do on my phone or tablet that would require me to need this that my finger can't do just as well. Including editing documents. Unless you have a bluetooth enabled PC, this just seems pointless.

I have a MOTO Razer and a few docking stations with big screens, keyboards and USB dongle mice. The Razor is BT ready so it will free USB ports in the desktop docks and will allow me to use a mouse with the car docks and THAT'S a big deal.
I took 3 and would have bought 5 if allowed. Not pointless for me.

holdingontowater

quality posts: 2 Private Messages holdingontowater
noah914 wrote:I have a MOTO Razer and a few docking stations with big screens, keyboards and USB dongle mice. The Razor is BT ready so it will free USB ports in the desktop docks and will allow me to use a mouse with the car docks and THAT'S a big deal.
I took 3 and would have bought 5 if allowed. Not pointless for me.

well I'm glad they were able to find a niche

-badda bing

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333
ThunderThighs wrote:Are you talking about the @jumbowoot coupon? He forgot to include it. Info at that link.

TT I JUST BOUGHT A SECOND MOUSE AND THE CODE [ DWJULY12 ] DID NOT WORK ! AND IT CHARGED ME ANOTHER $4.99 AND DID NOT EVEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE CODE ? IT JUST PUSHED THE SALE THROUGH AND CHARGED ME ???

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

EddieAngel333 wrote:TT I JUST BOUGHT A SECOND MOUSE AND THE CODE [ DWJULY12 ] DID NOT WORK ! AND IT CHARGED ME ANOTHER $4.99 AND DID NOT EVEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE CODE ? IT JUST PUSHED THE SALE THROUGH AND CHARGED ME ???

Our coupons are assigned directly to a person's account. If you did not receive the email from @jumbowoot for a coupon, you cannot use it.

If you did get the email and the coupon didn't work, email service@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
yerbluesjosh wrote:Gross, those weird grooves are going to fill with mouse gunk.

Suggestion= WASH YOUR HANDS !

PJE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PJE
flaherbear wrote:Did they really use a photo of a broken one? Why is one of the clickers raised up?

I had this mouse on my Android Tablet, The top comes off to insert the battery (held on at the back by magnets and the front by two clips). It looks like they did not clip the top on correctly for the photoshoot...

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
apportum wrote:

They pair easily with everything and anything.

Jerry

As long as it's not an IPAD. You wouldn't want to upset the Apple Gods that determine what peripherals you can and cannot use with your device.LOL

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

As they say,
What the hay?
I'm in for three today!

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
EddieAngel333 wrote:TT I JUST BOUGHT A SECOND MOUSE AND THE CODE [ DWJULY12 ] DID NOT WORK ! AND IT CHARGED ME ANOTHER $4.99 AND DID NOT EVEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE CODE ? IT JUST PUSHED THE SALE THROUGH AND CHARGED ME ???

Inside voice please !

gak0090

trafarin wrote:How do I know if my laptop will accept a bluetooth mouse? Right now I have a wireless mouse that connects through a dongle. It would be nice to free up the USB port. Please tell me how I can find this out. Thank you.

If you are running windows, just go to your device manager and see if something appears as "Bluetooth devices". If that is there- then you have bluetooth.

jschlere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jschlere

I'm in for three!

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Wish they had had this a month ago would have saved me 40 bucks

hamjudo

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hamjudo

I'm in for 3.

I like cordless mice, but I forget which dongle goes with which mouse, or lose the dongle outright.

I just ordered 6 bluetooth dongles on ebay for $7.58 total (that works out to $1.26 each). Not the cheapest, but I chose a vendor in a near by state, so I'll get them in one or two days.

I've got a couple Raspberry Pi computers and a bunch of older laptops that I use with robotics. The great thing about bluetooth, is that any mouse will work with any bluetooth. The mice will continue to be useful even as I lose the dongles.

gak0090

ThunderThighs wrote:Our coupons are assigned directly to a person's account. If you did not receive the email from @jumbowoot for a coupon, you cannot use it.

If you did get the email and the coupon didn't work, email service@woot.com for assistance.

How about the rest of us not getting any love from jumbowoot. I guess we are not good enough?

PengLord

quality posts: 8 Private Messages PengLord

Android note:
Stock (vanilla) Android did not support mice until Honeycomb (3.0.1, IIRC). Older versions may support mice if they are using an OEM layer/skin/interface, but you should expect that they won't unless you can find confirmation.

kzjunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kzjunk

LIES! LIES! I see NO teeth on this mouse, especially blue ones.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
gak0090 wrote:How about the rest of us not getting any love from jumbowoot. I guess we are not good enough?

You are correct sir !

cemx86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cemx86
ronfronberg wrote:Since google bought motorola, would this be a google mouse?

Google on bought 1/2 of Motorola. The cellular part. Thus this is either a Googorola or a Motoroogle mouse.

adhurt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages adhurt

I have this mouse and have it paired to my Droid Razr and my HP EliteBook. The Razr is comically fun as the cursor is a tiny little mark on the screen.

Anyway, connectivity is decent. It doesn't seem to connect quickly on the elitebook, but the razr's connectivity is basically instant. Range is limited to typical bluetooth distances (10 - 12 feet). The mouse seems to track well and is a very acceptable web browsing mouse.

Very nice Woot today.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..." Lazarus Long

vibes4me

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vibes4me

Anyone thrown this mouse on the grown to see if your wife jumps up on a chair and starts screaming? That's what I am looking for ya U-All.

doreentorok

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doreentorok

just wanted to know if this was wireless.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
ronfronberg wrote:Since google bought motorola, would this be a google mouse?

... And therefore, please note you'll need to log into your google profile before this mouse will work.

... And further note that depending on the patterns your mouse traces on the desktop, you'll be served up a corresponding set of advertisements.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

In for three. Many multiple sales- i predict sellout by 2 pm woot time.

Post your sellout time prediction and if you are correct, you win an attaboy.

hec24000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hec24000

Will it work on a kindle fire?

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
doreentorok wrote:just wanted to know if this was wireless.

The lack of a wire might be a hint. The name "Bluetooth" might also be a clue.

klarsp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klarsp

Does this have the annoying delay in connecting of a couple of seconds that some other Bluetooth peripherals have or is that more of a function of the device you are pairing it with?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kzjunk wrote:LIES! LIES! I see NO teeth on this mouse, especially blue ones.

Little bit of acrylic paint will fix that right up.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cathammer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cathammer

Buy this if you:
A) Bought an HP Touchpad in one of the previous Woot deals (me).
or
B) Plan to buy an HP Touchpad the next time Woot offers them up.

geofuzzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geofuzzy

With Android you get an onscreen pointer. Looks like a little arrow, pretty much what you are used to, also the click wheel work for scrolling down and through apps/targets when you are on your homescreen

VolleyB wrote:So, when you pair this with your tablet or phone, do you then get an on-screen pointer? Or do you have to d/l an app to enable that functionality? I've got both an android phone and tablet and would like to be able to use this.

Thanks!

pretzelbag

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pretzelbag

Can someone who owns one of these grab a ruler provide me some dimensions? I got out some AAA batteries and put them next to my current mouse but can't seem to get the proper scale/perspective.

I'm currently using an Apple BT mouse (white magic mouse?) with my Windows PC and it's a little short for my liking (not tall enough); plus it has no scroll wheel.

If this Motomouse is not too short it might be a good replacement. The Moto looks taller, slightly wider, and shorter lengthwise.

zikzak

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zikzak

chalksondkd wrote:Go to your "Devices and Printers" page (Mac users, you're on your own) and see if there's a bluetooth card of some sort listed there. If you have Bluetooth, your computer will take a Bluetooth mouse, almost guaranteed.

chalksondkd is pretty much correct. It would be highly unusual for a Bluetooth-equipped PC or Mac to be unable to use this mouse. It should work.

I'm currently using a nice $35 Microsoft Bluetooth mouse with my MacBook Pro and I'm thinking of picking up this $5 mouse as a spare for other bags or work locations.

Does anyone know if this mouse has an on/off switch? The specs don't say. I had an old Bluetooth mouse without a switch and that meant the batteries drained in the bag as the buttons got hit. The Microsoft mouse has a power switch.

BSquared6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BSquared6

found dimensions: 95.65 x 56.14 x 35.19 MM, per the Verizon wireless site. http://www.verizonwireless.com/motorola-bluetooth-reg-mouse.shtml#reviewsTab

cabrerajay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cabrerajay

In for 1...hope it works with my mac mini...

Sue Esponte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sue Esponte

"Turbo Boost, KITT"
"That's not funny, Michael."

Okay, maybe I'm a child of the '80s but am I the only one who thought "Knight Rider" when they saw that picture of the mouse on the splash screen?

-Eric

pretzelbag

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pretzelbag
Does anyone know if this mouse has an on/off switch?

The third picture shows an on/off switch on the bottom of the unit.