drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

A very fortuitous Woot! offering for me. My new laptop arrived this morning, and I was thinking about getting a mouse for it. It has bluetooth, so this way I can avoid needing to use up one of its USB ports for the mouse receiver. In for two!

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon
CowboyDann wrote:A great item for a great price. I'm gonna go ahead and call it now. This item will sell out, maybe before you wake up, more likely around lunch time. There's no way these will last 24 hours.

I see you're no Nostradamus. Maybe you can save one of your predictions, since you made 3, if it sells out by midnight CDT.

MisterRon

divinicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divinicus

Good Afternoon, does anyone know what's the dpi specification of this mouse?

Markguns

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Markguns
cannedpoo wrote:Hahahaha, ever actually own one?

As PT Barnum said..."there's a sucker born every minute".Don't be a sissy, go ahead buy it, hahahhahha
Make good cat toys!

PT Barnum most likely never said that... ;-) History, unfortunately, has misdirected this quotation. Barnum never did say it. Actually, it was said by his competitor.

ferralll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferralll

I needed a new mouse since my wife did a little bit of breaking of my old one.

In for 3. One for me, one for the wife, and maybe a stocking stuffer or something.

joedogjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joedogjoe
Does anyone know if this mouse has an on/off switch?

Yes - look at the pics.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
MisterRon wrote:I see you're no Nostradamus. Maybe you can save one of your predictions, since you made 3, if it sells out by midnight CDT.

Haha, I was just coming back to say they have 54% left, I'm guessing they bought out over 10,000 of these. Last time they had cheap mice for sale they sold out in all the popular colors before I woke up, and sold out of the rest by 12 PST.

It Could still sellout but it's less likely.

ehansen9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehansen9
VolleyB wrote:So, when you pair this with your tablet or phone, do you then get an on-screen pointer? Or do you have to d/l an app to enable that functionality? I've got both an android phone and tablet and would like to be able to use this.

Thanks!

Android 3.0 and up has built-in mouse support. Anything below that is hit or miss depending on the device. A cursor will show up and only the left mouse button will work. There is no right click yet in Android.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
CowboyDann wrote:It Could still sellout but it's less likely.

The optimism pleases me.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mjhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjhead
NascarDad wrote:Wish they had had this a month ago would have saved me 40 bucks

Ditto here. But I am still going to pick up a couple of these!

uncletupelo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uncletupelo

It's late in the day, so i know nobody cares at this point, but i have one of these - it came in a package deal with a moto BT keyboard.

This is totally worth the money - I've got a bunch of android tablets & it works well with all of them - it also works great with a windows 7 netbook & a windows 8 tablet. It's not too light, has an on/off switch to save battery, good tracking, pairs easily, size makes it a good pocket/travel mouse.

Someone asked about on of the buttons being raised - not sure why the picture is like that, the actual mouse is not.

tl;dr: good mouse; good buy.

cmcniece

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmcniece

I don't know what kind of voodoo you're working w00t, but I came home and my Microsoft USB mouse I use with my laptop was dead.

in for 2

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges

WANT. This is exactly what I'm looking for to use when I DJ. Frees up an extra USB port for my WootOff siren lights! (Seriously. They keep people from bumping into the table.)

runge99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runge99
zikzak wrote:chalksondkd is pretty much correct. It would be highly unusual for a Bluetooth-equipped PC or Mac to be unable to use this mouse. It should work.

I'm currently using a nice $35 Microsoft Bluetooth mouse with my MacBook Pro and I'm thinking of picking up this $5 mouse as a spare for other bags or work locations.

Does anyone know if this mouse has an on/off switch? The specs don't say. I had an old Bluetooth mouse without a switch and that meant the batteries drained in the bag as the buttons got hit. The Microsoft mouse has a power switch.

Yes it does have an on/off switch, you can see it in the picture of the bottom of the mouse.

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333
ThunderThighs wrote:FYI, the other key is that we won't show a list price on refurbished items.

HI TT DO THESE COME IN A RETAIL PACKAGE ? BOX OR BLISTER PACK ?
OR ARE THEY OEM WHITE BOXED ?
THANKS... EDDIE ^i^

garylehr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garylehr

Can I put in a request now, like mailing a letter to the woot Santa Claus on the Woot pole, for a BT keyboard to go with the mouse? For $5 I can pick up a mouse that isn't a great need, but I neeeeeeeeeed a BT keyboard for my old HP Pavillion with a busted-up one!

ricknm505

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricknm505
zikzak wrote:chalksondkd is pretty much correct. It would be highly unusual for a Bluetooth-equipped PC or Mac to be unable to use this mouse. It should work.

I'm currently using a nice $35 Microsoft Bluetooth mouse with my MacBook Pro and I'm thinking of picking up this $5 mouse as a spare for other bags or work locations.

Does anyone know if this mouse has an on/off switch? The specs don't say. I had an old Bluetooth mouse without a switch and that meant the batteries drained in the bag as the buttons got hit. The Microsoft mouse has a power switch.

I'm sure you've been told 500 times so here's 501, the third picture in the description shows an on off switch.

canis39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canis39

Don't really get why a tiny, tiny, tiny mouse is so popular. For my desktop, I have a normal mouse. For my laptop, I have a slightly smaller but still decent-sized mouse. For my touchscreen devices...uh, why would I need a mouse for those?

Do people just like tiny electronic products?

Have to laugh at all the sellout predictions, too. Classic.

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
gak0090 wrote:How about the rest of us not getting any love from jumbowoot. I guess we are not good enough?

This one was my first one, but from what I've read, you get them almost by a secret trigger that is supposedly different from month to month?

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

In general, it's activity on deals.woot that earns the $5 Jumbowoot coupons, but what exact activity varies from month to month.

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg
aacidusx wrote:Google only acquired Motorola Mobility, meaning, only the cellular phone division.

thanks for the information

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
garylehr wrote:Can I put in a request now, like mailing a letter to the woot Santa Claus on the Woot pole, for a BT keyboard to go with the mouse? For $5 I can pick up a mouse that isn't a great need, but I neeeeeeeeeed a BT keyboard for my old HP Pavillion with a busted-up one!

You could check some other DOD websites. Tanga is having a bluetooth sale today. Mostly earpieces, but they do have a keyboard.

http://www.tanga.com/deals/5bcfd20aab/motorola-bluetooth-keyboard

k1ska

quality posts: 1 Private Messages k1ska
danbooke2001 wrote:I was thinking the same thing, there isn't anything I would/can do on my phone or tablet that would require me to need this that my finger can't do just as well. Including editing documents. Unless you have a bluetooth enabled PC, this just seems pointless.

It's not pointless at all. It works amazingly for Splashtop 2 HD (on my Nexus 7) and for streaming games on OnLive. It's great for document editing as well.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
cannedpoo wrote:Hahahaha, ever actually own one?

As PT Barnum said..."there's a sucker born every minute".Don't be a sissy, go ahead buy it, hahahhahha
Make good cat toys!

Thanks for the heads up Mr Poo.

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak
pretzelbag wrote:The third picture shows an on/off switch on the bottom of the unit.

Thanks, yeah, I should have looked at all the pictures.

In for two...

blaber4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blaber4

www.1saleaday.com has got better deals than woot!

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99
canis39 wrote:Don't really get why a tiny, tiny, tiny mouse is so popular. For my desktop, I have a normal mouse. For my laptop, I have a slightly smaller but still decent-sized mouse. For my touchscreen devices...uh, why would I need a mouse for those?

Do people just like tiny electronic products?

Have to laugh at all the sellout predictions, too. Classic.

pompous much?

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29

It must be a sign that these haven't sold out yet. In for 3!

arestice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arestice
dfunk29 wrote:It must be a sign that these haven't sold out yet. In for 3!

Yes I was surprised these weren't sold out, just got a laptop with bt and almost bought a $40 bt mouse for it.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
blaber4 wrote:www.1saleaday.com has got better deals than woot!

well, yeah... but you have to pay shipping for all additional items, which tends to botch the deal somewhat.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
kuma99 wrote:pompous much?

Yup,have to agree with your assessment.

dphillips47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dphillips47

I use a logitech bluetooth keyboard with my laptop. This will free up a usb port.

I just got some eneloop AAA rechargeables at costco on clearance . . . nice

enmonter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enmonter
blaber4 wrote:www.1saleaday.com has got better deals than woot!

Yeah, and the last time I bought with them took 2 weeks just to tell me they are sending my stuff (a lie) so I ended cancelling all the deal, since then I will never buy anything from them. Good luck with them and their lies.

porsche558

quality posts: 0 Private Messages porsche558

I didn't think that at first but now that you mention it. All it needs is a red scanning light under the 2 mouse keys.

Sue Esponte wrote:"Turbo Boost, KITT"
"That's not funny, Michael."

Okay, maybe I'm a child of the '80s but am I the only one who thought "Knight Rider" when they saw that picture of the mouse on the splash screen?

stdeke00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stdeke00

yes it does...it says "on/off" they hid it right in the middle of the underside in plain sight

jezebelstorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jezebelstorm
dfunk29 wrote:Anyone got one of these? I was wondering if it'd be good with my Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet.

I bought one and just received it today...and am trying to find out how to send it back! When it works it's fine...but it usually decides to NOT work!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jezebelstorm wrote:I bought one and just received it today...and am trying to find out how to send it back! When it works it's fine...but it usually decides to NOT work!

Sorry for the problems. You can email service@woot.com for assistance.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bartsimpson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bartsimpson

My package arrived today. Try as I might, I am unable to complete pairing with any BT-capable host. I tested with a HP TouchPad, a Sony PS3, and a WinNT6.0.6002 system. The MOTO BT Mouse does broadcast its presence. All hosts successfully detect it, initiate the process to pair, then just stay in that state indefinitely, and never actually and successfully complete the process. Does anyone have any hint? (Yes, functional batteries, charged LSD Ni-MH and new alkaline, were tested in the mouse.)

WardCleaver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WardCleaver
bartsimpson wrote:My package arrived today. Try as I might, I am unable to complete pairing with any BT-capable host. I tested with a HP TouchPad, a Sony PS3, and a WinNT6.0.6002 system. The MOTO BT Mouse does broadcast its presence. All hosts successfully detect it, initiate the process to pair, then just stay in that state indefinitely, and never actually and successfully complete the process. Does anyone have any hint? (Yes, functional batteries, charged LSD Ni-MH and new alkaline, were tested in the mouse.)

Im having the same problem, pairs, wont connect.

dibe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dibe

Same here. I tried on a windows 7 laptop and a windows xp one. All BT drivers are up to date. The Xp machine won't even recognize it. The windows 7 machine will show that it installs it and that it is available in the devices and printers menu but the blue led on the mouse keeps blinking like its still in pairing mode , so it won't fully connect and work.