WardCleaver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WardCleaver

Ok I finally got this to connect to my 2 Windows 7 machines. Turn on bluetooth. Go into control panel and select devices and printers. Choose "add a device" When "Motorola Bluetooth mouse" appears, right click choose properties, then services and wait for options. Click box for "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc, (HID)" Device drivers will download. The mouse will appear in your list of devices and printers with a small clock in the corner, wait for it to disappear and you should then be able to connect. Still no go on the Adroid devices yet.

dibe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dibe
WardCleaver wrote:Ok I finally got this to connect to my 2 Windows 7 machines. Turn on bluetooth. Go into control panel and select devices and printers. Choose "add a device" When "Motorola Bluetooth mouse" appears, right click choose properties, then services and wait for options. Click box for "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc, (HID)" Device drivers will download. The mouse will appear in your list of devices and printers with a small clock in the corner, wait for it to disappear and you should then be able to connect. Still no go on the Adroid devices yet.

thanks. That worked perfect on my windows 7 machine.

WardCleaver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WardCleaver
dibe wrote:thanks. That worked perfect on my windows 7 machine.

You're welcome, glad it worked! Now for Android. I'm running Gingerbread and can't get it to work. Anyone had success with Honeycomb?

bartsimpson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bartsimpson

All right, if I may recap, it appears that with all of your help, those of us experiencing this bizarre broadcast-and-pair-but-not-finish-connecting issue are now able to complete connection with a full PC running WinNT6.0 or later. What remains is to establish a complete connection to a Sony PS3 or an Android OS or HP/Palm webOS tablet. Can anyone else offer any additional assistance?

Thank you all in advance.

gtg840x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtg840x
WardCleaver wrote:Ok I finally got this to connect to my 2 Windows 7 machines. Turn on bluetooth. Go into control panel and select devices and printers. Choose "add a device" When "Motorola Bluetooth mouse" appears, right click choose properties, then services and wait for options. Click box for "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc, (HID)" Device drivers will download. The mouse will appear in your list of devices and printers with a small clock in the corner, wait for it to disappear and you should then be able to connect. Still no go on the Adroid devices yet.

Do we have any instructions on how to do this on windows XP?

swingline007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swingline007

Anyone experiencing the thing going to sleep as soon as you start typing and when you try to use it again it takes 5 to 10 seconds for it to wake back up? Win7 HP Elitebook 8560p

jyonno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jyonno

Thank You

BobK54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobK54

I'm experiencing delivery creep. The first FedEx report said the 3rd (holiday, not happening), then it said the 4th, then the 5th, now it says the 6th. Glad I'm not in a hurry!

siris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siris

I'm having problems with it randomly deciding to stop working too. If left idle it seems like it just stops working. It shows as still paired, but the pointer is not responsive. It seems that if I use the touch pad for a few seconds the mouse will eventually respond. Seems like the quickest way to wake it up.

I can't imagine anyone would design a mouse to go to sleep after a few minutes.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

Arrived today, doesn't work on my android(YP-G70 aka Galaxy player 5.0).
I can pair it but it won't connect.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

doorock42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doorock42

This worked really well last night, but today when I got home from work, it only worked for about half an hour before losing its pairing. I "forgot" it and re-paired, and now it's seeing it but not connecting, and then when I click "continue" to try again, it doesn't find it until I turn BT on and off. I've rebooted, and I've swapped out the batteries.

MBP 10.7.4.

Blog || Quote Blog || Twitter

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie

Got mine this afternoon, no problems connecting to my HP TouchPad running ICS. Works well with my keyboard attached at the same time. Since this has become my defacto laptop since mine homework the bed, yay!

luthergaylord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luthergaylord
WardCleaver wrote:I finally got this to connect to my two Windows 7 machines:

(1) Turn on bluetooth.
(2) Go into control panel and select devices and printers.
(3) Choose "add a device"
(4) When "Motorola Bluetooth mouse" appears, right click and choose properties, then services and wait for options.
(5) Click box for "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc, (HID)" Device drivers will download.

The mouse will appear in your list of devices and printers with a small clock in the corner, wait for it to disappear and you should then be able to connect.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You rock, sir.

silvercros1929

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silvercros1929

As im using this mouse it will just randomly stop working, sometimes even while im scrolling or actually using the mouse. whenever this happens I have to forget the device and re add it very annoying

riverajm1959

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riverajm1959

I just got this mouse and paired, the pc shows in the list of devices, but the mouse is not moving the pointer at all nor the left and right buttons wrok.
The led on the bottom of the mouse does not lit. I believe I just got a faulty one. Can somebody point me in the right direction to have it either fixed or replaced?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
riverajm1959 wrote:I just got this mouse and paired, the pc shows in the list of devices, but the mouse is not moving the pointer at all nor the left and right buttons wrok.
The led on the bottom of the mouse does not lit. I believe I just got a faulty one. Can somebody point me in the right direction to have it either fixed or replaced?

service@woot.com should help you out!

I'm just hanging out, really.

pkoumas13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkoumas13

Does anyone else have issues with the mouse randomly lagging or just freezing up? This is very annoying and if this is going to continue, I don't think this mouse is worth the $5.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

pkoumas13 wrote:Does anyone else have issues with the mouse randomly lagging or just freezing up? This is very annoying and if this is going to continue, I don't think this mouse is worth the $5.

We're sorry to hear you might be experiencing issues with your order. Have you tried contacting Motorola regarding the issues with the product?

omh1009

weird, typing the model number at the bottom of the mouse just gives me results in Chinese

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=1&gs_mss=sjyn081&tok=qyoVhYOqorcKfmyoLyAehA&cp=9&gs_id=a&xhr=t&q=sjyn0817a&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=sjyn0817a&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=cc0242f8fe0a60ac&ion=1&biw=1142&bih=892
The mouse is lagging on my old G5 Mac pro. This is a backup mouse for non-precision work.
Since the only person who has it working on an android device has ICS, I'm going to give up trying it on my Gingerbread Galaxy player 5.0

RonGee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RonGee

Just received my 3 mice today. Packaging is just bubble wrap, which means you can't give it away as a gift without looking really cheap.

After putting in the batteries, I was a little concerned when I couldn't see the orange indicator light that the instruction booklet was talking about, but then I noticed the blue flashing indicator light in the seam between the two mouse buttons.

I had no problems pairing it with my Win 7 laptop, just clicked on the Bluetooth icon in my task panel, selected Show Bluetooth Devices, then Add a Device, then picked the mouse. Windows took a couple of minutes to download/install the driver, and then everything was copacetic.

I cannot see any visible light coming from the LED on the bottom. I don't know if that means the mouse is using a wavelength of light that's outside the visible spectrum (IR?), but the mouse still works. Very different from my wireless mouse which emits a blue light from the LED, or other mice which uses a red LED.

Haven't noticed the mouse going to sleep, yet, but I've only been using it a few minutes, so far. The pointer tracked really fast, so I had to go into the Control Panel to adjust the speed. Don't really like how clickity the wheel sounds and feels when scrolling up; it's very audible. Not so noticeable scrolling down. And I also miss the left side button on my other wireless mouse that allows me to go back one web page.

So far it's looking like a really good deal for me. I've freed up one of my USB ports where my other wireless mouse's dongle used to reside. I'm planning on taking one of the other mice into work and leaving it there, and then I won't have to take a mouse back & forth from home. The third mouse I'll probably sell to a co-worker.
___

Edit: Day 2

I've noticed the mouse going to sleep, but it takes about a second for it to activate again.

Also installed the second mouse (the one I'm taking to work). Again, it installed effortlessly (I'm on a Lenovo T61 with a built-in Bluetooth adapter). It had to go through the whole process of downloading & installing a driver, again; don't remember if it was any faster than the first time.

Over 100 Woots since 2005 ... does that make me a Wootaholic?

chaospearl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chaospearl

No luck with this whatsoever. Win7 won't recognize it. I followed the instructions exactly -- control panel, devices and printers, add a device. The mouse is blinking blue, Windows is searching for a device, but nothing comes up, it can't find it. And I know my bluetooth works fine because I'm using a freaking BT keyboard! What a piece of crap.

cgurreri03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgurreri03

I am having the exact same problem. Any help would be great.

shriiraam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shriiraam

Trying to use it on Windows 7...at first the mouse would stop working after inactivity for a few minutes. Now it just plain doesn't work. If I try to reconnect the device I get an errorcode back. This is my 2nd woot purchase that has bombed. Time to unsubscribe from woot.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

shriiraam wrote:Trying to use it on Windows 7...at first the mouse would stop working after inactivity for a few minutes. Now it just plain doesn't work. If I try to reconnect the device I get an errorcode back. This is my 2nd woot purchase that has bombed. Time to unsubscribe from woot.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your purchase. We recommend you contact Motorola, and if you have encounter any issues with the manufacturer, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad help you out

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

johnnylately

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnylately
swingline007 wrote:Anyone experiencing the thing going to sleep as soon as you start typing and when you try to use it again it takes 5 to 10 seconds for it to wake back up? Win7 HP Elitebook 8560p

I have Win7 and Elitebook and I am experiencing the same issues. After it sits for 10-15 seconds it is unresponsive until I move it around or click the button. I have a cheap BT mouse and it did the same thing with another laptop. I have used Microsoft wireless mice (not bluetooth) and they have worked great. I am not sold on bluetooth, I will stick with wired mice.

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie

Petersrole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Petersrole

My wife took my new mouse away after I spent a minute smashing it against the table during one of its little timeout sessions. Three hours of using it now and I never know when it is going to work or not when I come back to it after reading or typing. My first Woot dud. :-(

If anyone solves the problem then please post. Or maybe $4.99 was just too good to be true.

solderzzc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solderzzc
Petersrole wrote:My wife took my new mouse away after I spent a minute smashing it against the table during one of its little timeout sessions. Three hours of using it now and I never know when it is going to work or not when I come back to it after reading or typing. My first Woot dud. :-(

If anyone solves the problem then please post. Or maybe $4.99 was just too good to be true.

1. Pair with Laptop.
2. Wait the blue led stop blinding.
3. Connect again.
then would works fine.

tastypotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tastypotato

Got the mouse and I'm having the time-out issues that everyone else is having. Mine takes a good 5-10 seconds to 'wake up' and when it does it throws the cursor all the way across the screen which is quite annoying.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

These mice, to use the technical term, "suck".

Yeah, I got them to pair up; tit seems it takes the system a minute or two to recognize them as mice even after the drivers are installed. But the worst part is the constant freezing of them.

Yeah, I see the other complaints, too. But I wanted to add yet another data point.

Too bad, I was looking for some decent cheap bluetooth mice to use on my systems. Back to my Razers...

Hopefully if anybody else learns anything from Motorola they'll post it here.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

tastypotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tastypotato

Well, and now it seems that the mouse is now dead.

Won't pair with anything, it used to pair with my Galaxy Nexus and my Windows 7 machine, but now it fails on my GNex, and on Windows 7 it throws an error code "0x80004005"

What a waste of money. :/

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

In transit in Shawnee Mission since the 1st. They have had time to circumnavigate the entire town 3116 times assuming an average of 30mph and hitting EVERY SINGLE LIGHT!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MISRy wrote:In transit in Shawnee Mission since the 1st. They have had time to circumnavigate the entire town 3116 times assuming an average of 30mph and hitting EVERY SINGLE LIGHT!

You might contact the shipper (not sure if it's with FedEx or your Post Office or...?). If they can't find it, email service@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

daveninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveninja

Worked fine for me for a day. Now it wont connect to either of my computers (os x or Win 8). can items be returned to Woot or do we have to deal with Motorola?

ThunderThighs

Staff

daveninja wrote:Worked fine for me for a day. Now it wont connect to either of my computers (os x or Win 8). can items be returned to Woot or do we have to deal with Motorola?

It may be worth contacting Motorola support to see if they can help. If that doesn't work, email service@woot.com and they'll give you some options.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy
ThunderThighs wrote:You might contact the shipper (not sure if it's with FedEx or your Post Office or...?). If they can't find it, email service@woot.com for assistance.

TT, I thought you were vacating. Anyway they're here, (haven't tried them yet, dealing with naughty servers), but as Bob is my witless, next time I'm only gonna give them NINE days before I get cranky. 8-B

ThunderThighs

Staff

MISRy wrote:TT, I thought you were vacating. Anyway they're here, (haven't tried them yet, dealing with naughty servers), but as Bob is my witless, next time I'm only gonna give them NINE days before I get cranky. 8-B

Oh good. Yeah, still vacating but doing the midnight rollover stuff and a poking my head in now and then. Take care!

FORUM MODERATOR

omh1009

Ubie wrote:Huh, that is not the model number of the mouses i received, i have model number SJYN0767A

So I guess I got some sort of ASIAN VERSION that pairs but doesn't connect to GingerBread 2.3.5. Just my luck.

jphj44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jphj44

Just another unhappy customer. When it works, it works well. The problem is it frequently doesn't work. I will be contacting customer service.

gregorydavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregorydavis

I'm seeing the same thing with the freezing. Or at least I was yesterday. Today I can't get it to work at all. Does anyone else notice that there's no IR light at the bottom? I wonder if that's the problem? It seems to maintain a bluetooth connection but it's the core mouse function that's not working. Anyone had any luck with either Motorola or Woot support on this one?