kopek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kopek
retiredrobb wrote:I just got off the phone with Tomtom support. After 15 minutes on hold, the rep quickly (~ 10 minutes) had me ready to roll!

45 minute call this time, but not getting a signal on a hilltop in Austin so can't complete activation. Need to try driving somewhere else. I specifically avoided the word refurbished, and claimed "I can't remember where my wife bought it". They had me take a picture of the woot box and send it to them in a ticket - tried to avoid capturing the word "woot" in the picture. I think they just wanted to see I had bought it and it wasn't stolen or had in large font "refurbished", it's not exactly a current model.
They had me delete the ephem directory on the device, then do updates.
So far, 1.5 hours on the phone or hold. JD Powers award winning support, well, they have been polite and I can't disagree with that.
If it works, I should have some form of data plan, making it a good purchase.

paullvll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paullvll

Error 22/ 107/ No Live Service/ Server Down, Times out, etc!

Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues with this. I received mine on Sat 1 September, and it hasn't been 100% at all since I've had it. First, plugged in via USB, did all the updates. Then, GPS worked but no Live Service- so I called TomTom and they straightened it out over the phone, same SIM problem I think. Then had me do a soft reset, login to my account, etc. It worked for a few hours. I switched it off, put it away and went to use it the next morning and the traffic bar just sat there spinning, never able to pick up LIVE signal. GPS works fine. Now a few days later after resetting again, updating with all available updates, etc still the LIVE services work maybe 25% of the time, IF that. I have an open case with TomTom but I haven't heard back yet. Will call again today. Mine just times out when you try to use any of the LIVE services- even logging into your account via the Preferences Menu. And- I'm in the DC Metro driving on the Beltway- there is no reason I shouldn't get a signal.

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson

Finally got through to service on phone. We did the reboot, connected to my computer for the latest software, still broke. I have to ship it back to TOM TOM for a "new" refurbished unit. Customer PAYS shipping, I think that is kinda cheap! If anyone else has a touchscreen calibration issue, I can save you some time. Send it back to TOM TOM.

jfeuling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfeuling

Ordered one on 8/28. My card was charged. Woot still says "Awaiting Shipping". Is this normal? Am I being impatient? Maybe I need to see a Dr. I feel lost without my new (refurbished) GPS.

Fardinando

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Fardinando

Well, bad experience so far on this one.

First off, I ordered two of these, and I had to create a separate account for each, for which I have to have a separate e-mail account. What kind of BS is this? I guess Europeans have less than one car, so would never buy more than one device. "Please DON'T buy more than one item from us. Buy Garmin instead."

In their support forums, they say "it doesn't even have to be a real e-mail address!". Well, turns out it does, because the second one doesn't frickin' WORK, so I need to communicate with tech support through the alternate e-mail address now. (Too bad the first one wasn't the broken one.)

The first one updated correctly after an initial backup that took over an hour (to my Intel Core I7 laptop). Once updated and verified, I backed it up again, which took over an hour. I spent an entire evening setting up the first device.

The second device IMMEDIATELY told me that my six-month current map guarantee had already expired. From the way it occurred, I am almost certain that it has confused one device with the other somehow because I am using the same computer to manage two devices, even from two different accounts.

Thus far, I have no idea if my 1-year traffic subscription exists on either device, but I don't think it does. Neither TomTom account says anything about me having any valid subscriptions.

I have e-mailed TomTom from my alternate e-mail account. If they can't fix it remotely, both devices are going back. I'm going to have ten hours invested just initializing a couple of GPS's?

I never realized until now what a great device my 5 year old Magellan with the 7 year old maps was.

bline4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bline4

Just opened mine up today. Besides the SIM card issue, the suction cup won't stay locked when it's placed on the windshield. Guess I'll be calling Tom Tom tomorrow...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

haveabigjohnson wrote:Finally got through to service on phone. We did the reboot, connected to my computer for the latest software, still broke. I have to ship it back to TOM TOM for a "new" refurbished unit. Customer PAYS shipping, I think that is kinda cheap! If anyone else has a touchscreen calibration issue, I can save you some time. Send it back to TOM TOM.

If you haven't already done so, email service@woot.com to see if they have some other options for you.

jfeuling wrote:Ordered one on 8/28. My card was charged. Woot still says "Awaiting Shipping". Is this normal? Am I being impatient? Maybe I need to see a Dr. I feel lost without my new (refurbished) GPS.

Go ahead and email service@woot.com and they can check on it for you. Mondays are a bit busy for them so allow 24-48hrs for a response.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

psiwuc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psiwuc

Works well out of the box.....in a language I don't understand!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

psiwuc wrote:Works well out of the box.....in a language I don't understand!!!

You can change that in Settings most likely.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

psiwuc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psiwuc
ThunderThighs wrote:You can change that in Settings most likely.

Yeah First you have to order Rosetta Stone for Nederlands or read a real user guide online but it is buried deep!!!

pvoors

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pvoors

Had the same issue. After several calls and trying to work through the same issue with TomTom, I finally had to send it back to them for a new unit.

smokkeyy wrote:I received my TomTom XL340S today and plugged it into the computer for updates which went well. I am having an issue with the LIVE services that shows me Error Code 22 "Something wrong with your SIM card". Read the forum which reveals that I will have to call customer service and see if I can get the SIM card re-activated. Apparently the refurbished units have SIM cards that were once active and get shut down after 3 months. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this yet? Calling Customer service in the a.m. http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/LIVE-Services-HD-Traffic-and/Error-code-22-Something-wrong-with-your-SIM-card/m-p/3781#M139

summerperk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages summerperk

I have spent over an hour and a half on the phone with customer support and my unit still does not work (live services=error messages). What a waste of time and a disappointment. First time I've ever bought anything refurbished. I thought refurbished meant that it was fixed? Last time I will ever buy anything refurbished. So frustrated.

Melinda Perkins

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

summerperk wrote:I have spent over an hour and a half on the phone with customer support and my unit still does not work (live services=error messages). What a waste of time and a disappointment. First time I've ever bought anything refurbished. I thought refurbished meant that it was fixed? Last time I will ever buy anything refurbished. So frustrated.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing some problems contacting TomTom. Please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we can see if you can answer any concerns or questions you might have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

lndelk2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lndelk2

Ya, Same problem here this sucks royally. Created an account and updated. Now I'm not sure if this thing even will get satellite signal. The live services never did work definitely doesn't now...wow woot you're blowing it for me. You really over sold this thing. What a disappointment. Sent an email to tomtom if they don't resolve this I'm gonna club a baby seal.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lndelk2 wrote:Ya, Same problem here this sucks royally. Created an account and updated. Now I'm not sure if this thing even will get satellite signal. The live services never did work definitely doesn't now...wow woot you're blowing it for me. You really over sold this thing. What a disappointment. Sent an email to tomtom if they don't resolve this I'm gonna club a baby seal.

If you don't hear back from TomTom, please email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

haveabigjohnson

Well my ongoing saga with this DOA unit. So I sent it back to TOM TOM. They have had it for almost a month. Email them and they say it should be shipping. Week later nothing still. I write a scathing semi threatening email. They respond by shipping me a xl340 because the xl340 live is out of stock! So don't expect to get one anytime soon, I guess. No ETA on it. I guess at least they are "loaning" me one. I don't plan on paying shipping again when the new one comes in. Overall customer satisfaction -10. They have held my unit hostage so Wakko Talks Faboo! else can I do? Aquiring signallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll............

haveabigjohnson

Well, I don't know if anyone will end up reading this but I wanted to update my situation. I received an email today stating,
"I'm glad to let you know for the inconvinience you have with the XL 340 LIVE out of stock we will compensate offering you a upgrade for a GO LIVE 1535 M new."
Finally some redemption! I guess after 90 days, some broken english conversations, and a "loaner" model I ended up very satisfied in the end. This model is way better than the other and lifetime maps. SUCK IT!

KSieredzin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KSieredzin

Doesn't work. It's a piece of CRAP! I wanted to return is but couldn't find out how where to return it to. Woot was no help.

[u]This is crazy![/u]

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
KSieredzin wrote:Doesn't work. It's a piece of CRAP! I wanted to return is but couldn't find out how where to return it to. Woot was no help.

First stop: manufacturer!
Second stop if they're no help: support@woot.com

Hope that helps!

I'm just hanging out, really.

tnavas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnavas

I've used it may be 10 times in the 8 months that I had it, and it now died. I don't recommend it for anyone.