Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

I still have my 5" Galaxy Tab that I got here last year....like it, very portable, but soon got tired of the small screen. I'm sure this one is nice but I moved up to the Toshiba Thrive 10 inch..on it right now and am happy with it.

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

Oh...and I guess by Apple's 'logic' only One company is allowed to make a washing machine!? Or a toaster...a car...etc.

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
bjfranck wrote:Google Play does not have to be downloaded. Its stock.

Hmm, that must be new. I had to download it. But we bought ours in May or so, it first shipped in March or April. This is a Samsung device, it runs a modified version of Android. It is not "stock Android" like the Nexus. There are all these useless Samsung apps, too.

midnight917 wrote:2 questions

1. Does this support flash or not? I've read mixed things, even from 2 different users. My understanding was that Adobe no longer supports flash for new models/OS (past 4.1) but since this has 4.0, it should still support it.

2. Powerful enough to play netflix/streaming video?

1. Ours does some flash. But it doesn't work with many of the games my son wanted to play. Mobile flash was never completely compatible, and now they've ended it.
2. Yes, used CONSTANTLY at my house.

Batman4oz wrote:Oh...and I guess by Apple's 'logic' only One company is allowed to make a washing machine!? Or a toaster...a car...etc.

You're misunderstanding that situation.

If people are going to rail about the Apple v Samsung case in California, you may want to look into the actual facts. Samsung didn't just think the iPhone was worth imitating, they sat down and went through every minute detail of the hardware and software and attempted to copy it. Even Google wrote emails to them saying, tone it down, you can't "copy" that closely.

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

My acer iconia tab500 has both. Frye. Frye....

redstang wrote:Nexus 7 - no expansion slot - FAIL!!!
GTab2 - proprietary dongle - FAIL!!!

Can't someone make a decent tablet device that has a standard USB port (and no, I don't want to carry a stupid adapter) AND an SD slot? Anyone? Bueller?

dvyi83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dvyi83

Battery drain on a quad core chips can just as often use less battery if the correct software is used. These applications and roms will know to to more efficiently turn on cores for specific tasks etc. Multiples cores have more potential to save power rather than use it up.

adamms222 wrote:@retired51: We just bought one last week, and love it. Fast processor and not a battery drainer like a quad core. We were considering the Nexus 7, but a few things swayed me - dual core vs. quad core is going to be mainly noticeable in battery performance, not app speed; reviews say that the virtual keyboard is better on this than on the Nexus; front-facing and rear cameras on the Tab 2; and biggest of all... expandable memory on the Tab 2, so all our movies & music are stored on a separate 32GB microSD, leaving the full on-board storage to be devoted to apps. P.S. Squaretrade offers a very good price on 2-year warranty.

redstang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redstang
MITCHELLWOOT wrote:My acer iconia tab500 has both. Frye. Frye....

I should have clarified - a 7" tablet, but since you bring up Acer, after checking their site I think the Iconia A100 fits the bill. Looks like that's been out for over a year, so maybe a new upgraded model with ICS pre-installed is in the works.

Timing is everything - especially when wOOting!

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
Spiky wrote:You're misunderstanding that situation.

If people are going to rail about the Apple v Samsung case in California, you may want to look into the actual facts. Samsung didn't just think the iPhone was worth imitating, they sat down and went through every minute detail of the hardware and software and attempted to copy it. Even Google wrote emails to them saying, tone it down, you can't "copy" that closely.

If you don't think that Apple ever reverse engineered something you are greatly mistaken. Everyone does it. Apple ripped off Kodak patents. Apple is a prima donna bully. This will put it more into perspective:
Who invented capacitive touch, multitouch, pinch to zoom etc?
http://marypcb.livejournal.com/393543.html

downsouth2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages downsouth2012
mhcaillesrn wrote:Touch screen problem, I got mine and it's broken already, I can't have it repair I bought mine out of country, Samsung has no international warranty. My screen got moisture inside so the touchscreen was unusable. My Samsung is used as a paper weights now, instead of throwing it away :-(

stick your tablet in a container with rice covering it completely leave it in there for a week, and it should work fine after that

downsouth2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages downsouth2012
downsouth2012 wrote:stick your tablet in a container with rice covering it completely leave it in there for a week, and it should work fine after that

it will take the moisture out

angik313

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angik313
kmf600 wrote:Ok, so my question is, will my 8 and 6 year old girls be able to play Angry Birds and listen to Pandora without complaining about how crappy this is? I don't care about screens, operating systems, or that it didn't work after your dog chewed the corner off after your kid dropped it in the pool.
Thanks

Both of my boys play the heck out of Angry Birds (and Where's My Perry) on this thing and I've never had a complaint. We don't do Pandora on it, but for what it's worth, they also like to watch short movies, and the audio sounds good enough to me.

r81984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r81984

I cant tell if it is a Samsung Picture frame (Created before the ipad) or an ipad???

pflieger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pflieger

Including shipping, this is the same price as Newegg's 16GB refurb for the old Tab 7.0!

Newegg

halamahmoud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halamahmoud

it is scam i ordered me and my friends 2 and it came the first generation p 1000

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

halamahmoud wrote:it is scam i ordered me and my friends 2 and it came the first generation p 1000

You haven't made a purchase from this account. If you did purchase the item and feel that you didn't get the item advertised, email service@woot.com for assistance. They'll need the account name/email from which you purchased the tablet and the order number.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

move2ri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages move2ri
Mogul345 wrote:If you're wiling to flash custom firmware.

How does one do that????

move2ri

theguruguys wrote:I'll not argue that point, perhaps because my experience is with other 10" tablets, and not with the Galaxy Tab 2 directly, I thought otherwise (the Nexus 7 screen looks great to me). Its definitely better than my Touchpad's screen, as well as Kindle Fire, Nook Color, etc. Not as good as newer ipad screens, but for the price what to expect.

I'm happy that there are now multiple tablets nearing the $150 price point that are actual REALLY good, the days of having to deal with cheap Arcos, Coby, etc. tablets on a budget will soon be gone.

What are the new ones for 150 that have good memory and expansion slots and sd card upgrades?

move2ri

halamahmoud wrote:it is scam i ordered me and my friends 2 and it came the first generation p 1000

You seem to like to complain! DO you like that without any validity?

halamahmoud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halamahmoud
move2ri wrote:You seem to like to complain! DO you like that without any validity?

nop my friend bought it from her account and she told me she would return it not me to be honest

kyles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyles

Mine came in yesterday, and it looks great! No noticeable flaws. Apps are working like they are supposed to. It upgraded itself to ICS 4.04.
Thanks woot!

brnemery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brnemery

I am have a problem with the galaxy tab 2 7.0 I got here. I cannot connect the wifi it will see it but try to connect it will say out of range when sitting next to the router. I have updated the firmware to 4.0.4 using samsung kies

harlgal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harlgal

Hi was thrilled to get the Galaxy tab 2 7.0 ! I own several Samsung products already including the GAlaxy SII skyrocket. I am however having some issues since receiving Tuesday and I am not sure if it's me or the tablet. It is my 1st tab. Wondering if anyone else had these issues.
1. Chrome keeps crashing. Haven't done much yet, email games-not nearly what I do on my phone. Started crashing within the hour of setup. But, I can play music for hours or movies no problem.
Chrome is not my 1st choice of browsers but Firefox will not successfully load on here no matter where I try to get from.
2. My chat on does not send the verification to either voice or text so I can connect...yes I know there's a number to call just thought I'd ask.
Thanks!