2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola Bluetooth Headphones
$24.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

stevesds

quality posts: 18 Private Messages stevesds

Are these as uncomfortable and tinny as they look??

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

You get what you pay for on this one, some people complained about them being uncomfortable if you wear glasses or have a big head.

For the price it might be worth taking a shot, but don't expect to have great quality for making phone calls. This is more of a headphone set they slapped mic capabilities on.

Read more the last time they were up

damaka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages damaka
stevesds wrote:Are these as uncomfortable and tinny as they look??

They are actually pretty comfortable and my head is quite big (that's what she said). I own a pair of these and have been using them for about a year now and they work ok, specially for a sweaty man like me. These are much better than the older model (S9) as are more water resistant.

scrawford66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scrawford66

Yes....I ended up giving them to my 12yr old for his iPod touch. They fit my wife but no way are they large enough for a normal sized man.

Overall sound is not too bad on them though.

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg

For some reason in the ear headphones never looked as comfortable as over/on the ear.

damaka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages damaka
scrawford66 wrote:Yes....I ended up giving them to my 12yr old for his iPod touch. They fit my wife but no way are they large enough for a normal sized man.

Overall sound is not too bad on them though.

It felt a bit too small at first but, luckily, they are quite flexible and you get used to it. It wraps behind your head tightly. Audio quality is so so... depends a lot on the earbuds that you are using.

jbgroup1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jbgroup1

If you mean tiny then yes but they are not as uncomfortable as all that. They do take some getting used to but after a few days of wearing them they get very comfortable.

If you meant tinny then they are somewhat tinny but with the proper ear buds they can sound decent.

Chi. Yes, I want you to do something for me. I want you to go in my room, look over my suits, in the ceiling, up on the ceiling you'll see a key stuck there. I want you to take it down and bring it to me. Meet me at the Total Experience in one halfa hour. Can you dig it?

Ultraglyd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Ultraglyd

If you have a small to medium small head then they fit fine, and the sound is actually pretty good. BUT, if yo have a normal American head, or larger as befits us, these will become unbearable in a few short minutes. I got some at Costco, and returned them the same day. The lady at the counter said that their small size was a big complaint, and many of them were returned.

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee

These things are great, this is a good deal.

I bought a pair of these a while back.. here is what I had to say...

People of Woot hear me. ITs time for me to eat a little crow. After complaing about the fit of the ear sets and grumbling about return policy and wut not, I read a few reviews on other sites about these things. Turns out I was wearing them wrong. I was wearing them with the back hanging down my neck, not correct. The loops do not go around the ears, they go Above the ears and protrude forward. Most of the discomfort eliminated. Sound quality great, phone functions awesome.

I am very sorry Woot, please accept my apologies, my dad was right (he is an old as dirt wooter) he said you wouldnt steer me wrong and I am sorry I bashed you.. I hate it whn my dad is righter than me.. anyway, I also want to add that I complained direct to Motorola about the fit and they immediatly offered to exchange them for an over the ear model.. I passed, as the setup seemed the same with the exception of the speaker placement.. again, I eat crow.. Motorola rocked as well...

Here is the permalink to the post..

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5067672&pageindex=7&replycount=254#post5122479

west3man

quality posts: 6 Private Messages west3man

I think they're of exceptional quality,

dhpersonal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dhpersonal

I bought one of these the last time they were offered, despite the warnings that they could be painful to wear. My experience with them has been that I can only wear them for an hour or two before they get too uncomfortable to continue using them. The sound from them isn't great, but works well for the purposes for which I purchased them, which was for when I'm taking a walk, cooking, or working out. I haven't noticed too many issues with them falling off or failing due to sweat in a workout. I think they're worth the price, but only as secondary headphones for specific purposes.

slickvikd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slickvikd

Anyone know if these are good for running?

TimJDav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TimJDav

Great price, great sound...but very uncomfortable for me. I had a pair of the S-9's and LOVED them. They fell apart after a few YEARS and I got the s-10's...I had to give them to my sister because the left ear piece would not stay in my ear right and it was soo soo tight. Very poor design.

jdesimone523

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jdesimone523

Own them and they are not too bad. The fit does leave something to be desired and I do not get anywhere near the play time of 8 hours mentioned. Closer to 5-6 at most.
Also the controls were and are pain to use. On second though, I don't like the as much as I did when I first started this message.

thenagman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thenagman

I've got a pretty normal sized head for a 6 foot 2 inch tall guy, these were like putting my head in some kind of torture device. I tried multiple ear pieces, and several positions for the loops (above ears etc). They were given to my wife after a fruitless battle trying to make them fit. She likes them just fine.

jds4life

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jds4life

Why are these type of headphones always earbuds? I simply can't stick something in my ear canal without feeling intense pain after 10 minutes. I can't be the only one. Why can't someone make an affordable set of bluetooth headphones that are not ear buds but also not a headset that covers the entire ear?

Burman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Burman

Anyone know how thee compare to the Delton X9 over on Tech?

mkiisupraman18

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mkiisupraman18

Damn my wife and her setting a woot allowance!

These are awesome in every sense of the word. I've got quite a large noggin and I think they are still very comfortable for extended use. I wear mine while doing all of my outside jobs (washing the cars, mowing my 7 acres, cleaning out the chicken coop, weeding the garden, etc) I had been told that my voice sounded funny during calls, but it was more convenient for me so it was mainly their porblem.

I purchased mine from BB and got the extended warranty and had to return a set after about 6 months due to the volume buttons giving up the ghost, but for $25 you will not go wrong. I may return to purchase a 2nd or 3rd set as backups/gifts. I'm thinking I paid for one set what the 3 would cost from Woot.

phlaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phlaw

I've stopped using these completly. I bought them about 4 months ago here, and at first they weren't that bad, but once the shine wore off I quickly noticed how horrible these were. The sound quality / bluetooth were nice features, but ow!

danbooke2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001

Motorola bluetooth mouse, then Motorola bluetooth keyboard, now Motorola bluetooth headphones - what's next the Motorola bluetooth vacuum?

Cause you know we haven't seen a vac in a while guys, I'm disappointed...

brcline89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brcline89
Ultraglyd wrote:If you have a small to medium small head then they fit fine, and the sound is actually pretty good. BUT, if yo have a normal American head, or larger as befits us, these will become unbearable in a few short minutes. I got some at Costco, and returned them the same day. The lady at the counter said that their small size was a big complaint, and many of them were returned.

I bought a pair of these on here in like March, and I have used them quite extensively and in very sweaty environments. Sound quality is great, fit was a bit uncomfortable right above the ears (squeezed a bit) the first 10 hours or so of use they received, but then they stretched out a little and became quite comfortable. I run and lift with them all the time and they have no issue of falling off mid workout.

Reliability could be an issue because mine seem to malfunction occasionally and beep multiple times right after pairing as if I'm pressing multiple buttons. They sometimes call my last dialed number. ALso the buttons randomly do not work.

I think they were a well spent $30. I Just wish they didn't goof up occasionally. I actually bought a second refurbished pair off here july 6th to replace the first pair whenever they finally kick the bucket.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thenagman wrote:I've got a pretty normal sized head for a 6 foot 2 inch tall guy, these were like putting my head in some kind of torture device. I tried multiple ear pieces, and several positions for the loops (above ears etc). They were given to my wife after a fruitless battle trying to make them fit. She likes them just fine.

Because I was watching the Three Stooges Movie today, my first thought was this classic scene.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joshs8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshs8

Very uncomfortable!

brcline89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brcline89
slickvikd wrote:Anyone know if these are good for running?

I run with them almost daily! Great for running!

mnkycmkydu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnkycmkydu

I had a pair of these, originally received as a gift. Found the fit to be too tight and uncomfortable in a gym environment (especially running). Also the earbuds became painful after some time, it felt like forceps going straight for my ear canal.

I opted for the Jabra BT620s, much better fit and incredible battery life after all of these years!

FrossetMareritt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FrossetMareritt
scrawford66 wrote: ... no way are they large enough for a normal sized man.

When I was stationed with the Marines, I could fit a medium cover normally, but I would wrench a small on my head (without hurting myself) since I never wanted the wind to take my cover. But, this is how I felt when I first put these headphones on. (0:37 mark since the link isn't completely working.)

They did start fitting better later on, but it really sucked at first. I couldn't have them on my head longer than a few minutes at best. Now I can go maybe half an hour before my head starts hurting. I did expect them to be sizable like a normal set of headphones, but I guess I was mistaken.

The sound quality is fine. The buttons do take a bit to get used to and I wish they had a docking station (even if separate) since I hate looking for the cord.

All-in-all, these aren't bad per se and they are $10 cheaper than what I paid for mine.

flyleaffan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flyleaffan

I bought a pair of these Friday. I like them, but they're a little small for my head. And they sort of hurt my ears, but my ears are weirdly shaped. Tempted to buy a pair here and return the pair I receive to the place I paid more for them...

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany

Yes they are sir. I can't stand wearing them. and the little clear bud's fall off when you move the headphones around.

I strongly dislike this product. also came to be with the left Channel dead. to be fair woot replaced it ASAP.

TheAlphaRaptor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheAlphaRaptor

I thought they were supposed to rest on the back of my head. Trying to accomplish this pulled on the tops of my ears and was uncomfortable. I tried just letting it rest where it wanted to go and it stopped pulling on the top of my ears and the back of it doesn't make contact with my head. This is NOT for use while doing any sort of rigorous physical activity. The bass is lacking, unless you bury it in your ears and remain still, and the buttons are difficult to differentiate by touch. But, for $25 it's an OK deal, not great.

JReedNet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JReedNet

I bought these a while back, got the red pair but wanted the white pair.

Some facts about me:
I am a same sapien
I wear glasses
I have a 7 1/2 hat size
I consider myself somewhat of an audiophile
I use these almost exclusively to workout/run (on a treadmill)

Some say they are painful, specifically for eyeglass wearers. I wore these for a while the first day I got them and they were extremely painful. This quickly faded as either they stretched or I learned to wear them (in conjunction with picking the right set of ear pieces).

I currently use the largest pair in the package because I feel they give me a good fit and isolate outside noise the best out of the 3 of them. (There are 4, but the pair on the headphones is duplicated in the spares.)

They are no longer uncomfortable to wear, but I wouldn't say anything exceptional about how comfortable they are. I wear them running and they manage to stay put pretty well with a little bounce in them.

The sound is mediocre. My main pair of 'phones is a set of Shure earbuds. These Motorolas were more than half as cheap as them. The Shures were the cheapest item that they sold at the time and sound great.

I have no problems using the buttons, but pressing them is a task because it pushes my frames into my face, and that brings some pain. I'm really only ever using the forward skip button.

Bottom line, this is a great priced pair and a quality build but one of those cases where the cost to benefit ratio is swayed significantly by the low price.

DaPCWiz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DaPCWiz

I bought these the last time they showed up on woot.

Good:
- The fit was better than I expected and I find them comfortable.
- Had to fiddle with the pads a bit, but I found a set that fit my ears correctly, and they fit well
- Wireless headphones are super convenient
- I rode with them running through a ~30 minute downpour, and they had no issues with the rain.
- I just toss them in my cycling bag when I'm done, and they seem to be flexible enough not to take any damage.

The Bad:
- I'm not terribly impressed with the sound quality, it just isn't that good. It is sufficient for motivational music when I'm working out, but that's about it.
- It did take a few rides before I got them to fit right

The okay:
- I wear then when I ride my bike and the battery lasts 2-3 ~1.5 hour riding sessions.
- I have an android phone running ics, and the music control buttons on the right side don't work with all apps.

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Maybe it is just me, but I find the idea of refurbished EARBUDS quite GROSS and UNSANITARY! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!

JReedNet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JReedNet
ActorTom wrote:Maybe it is just me, but I find the idea of refurbished EARBUDS quite GROSS and UNSANITARY! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!

The idea of refurbished is to take an item that works and make it like new again, which often includes replacing worn parts like screens or cases or cables and giving you new ones. The earbuds are new. (And I suspect so is the plastic exterior)

dhogue14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhogue14

Picked these up last time, I have a large noggin and I find them very comfortable. I use them every day biking to work. When I wear them correctly, there is too much wind resistance reducing sound quality (only when bikibg). I just wear them "upside down" and they sound great, highly recommend.

blcsfo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blcsfo

These were selling on Woot in early July. I purchased two of them. I usually walk 5 miles every day and used one set during such a walk. I found the headphone too heavy as it wraps around your head, and lies on your neck. After walking around for 2 hours, this gets tiring. If you're lying down, or sitting reading the paper, it's OK, but for walking or running, wearing these headphones are terrible. #fail

Woooosh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Woooosh

Easy connection to Vizio TV and PC. Could be louder.

itoastie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itoastie

If you care about sound quality for music at all, don't get these.

I'm used to crystal clear sound coming from $100 ear buds.

I understand it's because of the Bluetooth, but for $25, I can't complain that much. They're perfect when I mow the lawn or go running.

Impulse Buyer

alanbard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alanbard

bought my first pair for $80 new... theme song:: got no strings on me.. bought three more sets the last time they came up on woot... You every tried to split logs, chop wood, etc with stupid little strings hanging down from your ears? the one time I had a problem with the first ones, phone call, replacement sent out... but they don't come in blue, just the red and white... well, you can't have everything...