hayesadrian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hayesadrian

They are terrible for exercising. If they get wet too many times (do you sweat?), the volume up button randomly triggers and blows your ears out. They are uncomfortable. And refurbished headphones? ew.

dblaa2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dblaa2000

Bought 2 pairs last time. First pair has died after about a month won't recharge. They don't sound too great either, not very loud and thin all midrange. I don't know if I can return these or if there is a warrantee but I would avoid like plague.

tveye52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tveye52

My friend owns an Airport Wireless store @ the Orlando Airport. He tell me the markup on most of his phone and bluetooth devices is 1000%. No typo. His earpieces cost him $2-3, sells for $29.95. On sale for 50% off, wow!

lindyp330

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lindyp330

I bought two pair last April. Both are used regularly for 2 hour bike rides or gym workouts. Two very different sized heads find them comfortable with acceptable sound quality. I wear mine up for the gym and up side down for biking. Experiment and find what works. I also wear these around the house while the Roomba is running or while gardening. For the price, we are very satisfied.

kickerdad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kickerdad

Love mine. Fit well (and I have a big head, but that doesn't matter so much since they go around the back of the neck). Awesome for running or working out - not so much for relaxing since you can't recline your head easily with them on. I was worried about audio quality but I've been very happy.

bamadog101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamadog101
damaka wrote:They are actually pretty comfortable and my head is quite big (that's what she said). I own a pair of these and have been using them for about a year now and they work ok, specially for a sweaty man like me. These are much better than the older model (S9) as are more water resistant.

These headphones are VERY uncomfortable. They compress your head and I cannot stand to wear them for more than 5 or 10 minutes. Not worth the price!

mantorp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mantorp

I got these last time and they are strangely uncomfortable. Hurt like crazy if I don't move while using them, but feel OK while running (maybe because everything else hurts).

kat8480

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480
itoastie wrote:If you care about sound quality for music at all, don't get these.

I'm used to crystal clear sound coming from $100 ear buds.

I understand it's because of the Bluetooth, but for $25, I can't complain that much. They're perfect when I mow the lawn or go running.

I received these as a gift about a year ago. I tried using them with my Motorola ACTIVE (gps/ipod). They kinda sucked so I gave them back to the guy who bought them. He paid $100+ for them.
After seeing them for $25 I bought two during a Woot off. I figuired Ill give one to my daughter and try the other again, I needed a charger anyway. Well they suck just as bad. Im not so concerned about the bulky fit as I cant hear them when Im running. If NO cars are around and the birds dont chirp then maybe I can hear back ground noise. As for mowing the lawn? You must have a MAGIC lawnmower with a super magic muffler.
Bottom line save your money for a better bluetooth unless you need a charger also, that works great.

mornoiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mornoiz

I had a previous model of these..and once i go them to work with my ipod it was great, but would only work indoors.till i started to run (treadmill) with them, then they fried...so i hope this newer model will work outdoors and endure my sweat!

pinkerton151

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkerton151

Ok, so I bought some of these new about 2 years ago from Best Buy. I had to return them 3 times (directly to motorola), for various defects. 1. weak plastic supports (broke the FIRST TIME I PUT THEM ON, while walking out of the store.)2. & 3. Stopped working after about 2 months of use. I used them while running. No longer even accept a charge. I paid $100 for them.
THESE ARE JUNK DO NOT WASTE YOUR MOOOOOLLLAAAA!

formidable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages formidable

I'm happy to go out of my way to give this poor product a review.

I purchased a pair of these a few weeks back and both my wife and I despise them. I wish I could get my $50 back.

They fit poorly and are uncomfortable. I love the idea of wireless headset especially for workout times. I carted them to Gym for a month before I gave up on them. They don't fit well in our ears and after about 30 minutes or so the pressure points above the ears become uncomfortable.

Since their fit isn't snug and the volume is weak, they're no fun to use in the gym because we can still hear the (bad) gym music.

The sound quality and max volume are low.

The rubber ear cushions are some kind of joke. They fall off on a whim. I've wasted too much time searching for dropped ear pieces after pulling this device out of my bag and discovering that one of the little rubber cushions has gone missing.

There are plenty of other products on Woot I wish I'd spent that $50 on.

Dilcue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dilcue

I do have a large head, but these are uncomfortably tight on the ears; reminescent of when Dr. Kelso punctured his brain.

dgc27185

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dgc27185

Boyfriend bought this new at BestBuy (they were selling it for $89, on sale for $79 ... they price-matched to Frys though, so we got it that day for $59). In any event, his review was that they were a bit uncomfortable for the first couple of days, but after that, they were flexible enough to be comfortable. Sound was good, mic still picks up background noise. His only complaint - he hears static in the background regularly. Not sure if it's something with the headset, his iPhone or what..but he says he hears that on a regular basis.

mcrockett16

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcrockett16

Bought these last time. I use them every day.

General fit: 2.5/5 woot monkeys
Ease of use: 4.5/5
Convenience: 5/5
With (sun)glasses: 0/5
Jogging: 1.5/5
Music quality: 2/5
Audiobook quality: 5/5
Phone quality: 3/5

Summary, they're worth $30 if you use them like I do, mostly walking listening to audiobooks. Not if you want them for music, exercise, phone calls, or with glasses.

kvnmcg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kvnmcg

Bought these a month or so ago when they were on here last. It's a great idea and the technology isn't far off...but these are really quiet headphones. can't hold a candle to traditional corded earbuds like the Creative EP-830s. Maybe it's just me but I need/like my music LOUD.

rehudson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rehudson

I bought two of these just a few weeks ago when they were up on Woot! Unfortunately I have a relatively large head and they are quite uncomfortable for any more than 15 minutes. The sound would be pretty good if the earpiece could make better contacdt with my ear, but, due to the size of my noggin, they never completely seal.

rebontheweb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rebontheweb

I bought these for my tween daughter at Costco a month ago for $70. I tried them and instantly wanted to return them because they were horrendously uncomfortable, but she liked them and insisted on keeping them (and still uses them, seemingly without any problems). But with the Woot price almost a third of what I paid, I feel a little sick now.

komodopb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages komodopb

I bought these the last time around and I'm extremely happy with them. They function flawlessly on my iPhone 4 and all the controls work as they should.

Having no cord is great when I'm mountain biking or mowing the lawn. When riding, I'm able to keep my phone safe in my backpack while hitting the trails.

I'd say I've had these for about 2 months now and use them 2-3x a week. Each time I have sweated on them profusely. I was afraid they would be damaged but as of yet, I've had no problems.

I've read some posts of people being concerned that it's disgusting to use other peoples headphones. When I got these, they looked flawless without a mark on them. The ear buds were brand new and packaged in a sealed bag. No problems there.

The sound quality is pretty good. I'm not an audiophile but they are about as good as most headphones that I've purchased. I've certainly had worse.

Battery life - I've never taken notice so that must be a good thing. I charge them and they work. A couple of days or even a week later I use them again and they work. Charge for an hour or two and repeat.

Another plus is this makes for a great bluetooth phone headset. The microphone is extremely clear and I'm able to walk around my house with the phone in the other room. The range is exceptional and this goes for music as well. I tested this out by putting the phone on the opposite side of my house and I never lost the signal (granted my house is about 1000sq feet) but it's good enough for me.

The only downside I have is comfort. They are good for about 2 hours but start to feel a little uncomfortable after that. But it's a small price to pay for the convenience of having no cord. Plus, my workouts are pretty much finished by the time this happens.

If you were on the fence about getting these, I say go for it. The price is great.

bad65tiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bad65tiger
jds4life wrote:Why are these type of headphones always earbuds? I simply can't stick something in my ear canal without feeling intense pain after 10 minutes. I can't be the only one. Why can't someone make an affordable set of bluetooth headphones that are not ear buds but also not a headset that covers the entire ear?

If you don't like ear buds or over the ear type, what's left? Have you tried the different sized ear pieces that come with it? Try putting on the larger ones so it sits at the ear opening instead of going inside the ear.

johnpaulmoore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnpaulmoore

These didn't work at all. Got them and super excited, they worked at first. Went for the real test and drove to the gas station. I barely got out of the house and they quit working. I ran back up to my apt to check my phone to see if maybe the song was buffering. Well it wasn't. For being wireless, you can't leave your phone at home at all. Whats the point.

elveez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elveez

Bought these last time and here are just my $0.02 about mic capabilities - not bad at all, people I talk to have no issues hearing me fine.
Better than expected.

---
elveez is alive

feciii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feciii

I bought a pair last time and like them so much I just snagged another. They fit snugly but don't hurt at all. It stays paired with my iphone better than my bluetooth headset and the sound quality is great. I've had zero problems. They're currently about $70 at Costco. The only thing I have to watch for is that I tend to leave my iphone on the treadmill and walk away.

theeone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theeone
stevesds wrote:Are these as uncomfortable and tinny as they look??

Yes. Bought them last time and they're just sitting in a cup on my desk. Used them twice, music quality sucked and they hurt like hell or wouldn't stay in my ears, depending on which size ear buds I used.

subslug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages subslug
aaee wrote:These things are great, this is a good deal.

I bought a pair of these a while back.. here is what I had to say...

People of Woot hear me. ITs time for me to eat a little crow. After complaing about the fit of the ear sets and grumbling about return policy and wut not, I read a few reviews on other sites about these things. Turns out I was wearing them wrong. I was wearing them with the back hanging down my neck, not correct. The loops do not go around the ears, they go Above the ears and protrude forward. Most of the discomfort eliminated. Sound quality great, phone functions awesome.

I am very sorry Woot, please accept my apologies, my dad was right (he is an old as dirt wooter) he said you wouldnt steer me wrong and I am sorry I bashed you.. I hate it whn my dad is righter than me.. anyway, I also want to add that I complained direct to Motorola about the fit and they immediatly offered to exchange them for an over the ear model.. I passed, as the setup seemed the same with the exception of the speaker placement.. again, I eat crow.. Motorola rocked as well...

Here is the permalink to the post..

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5067672&pageindex=7&replycount=254#post5122479

I was about to inform you, you were crazy but then I went and got my set and tried them as you say and crap! You might be right.
So I too have been wearing these wrong for 4 months now?
I wondered why the volume UP button was on the bottom, just didn't jive to me.
I need to try them like this for a while, maybe this is why they are pain to wear.
Thanks for the tip.

sfoust66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfoust66

Bought a pair of these the last time and they won't pair. Waste of money.

zott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zott

I got these from woot back in April and I am now on my third set. They are AWESOME for running and I use them daily. They really are easy to use and good for music. Here is the problem....both pairs I have had started having problems after about a month and a half of use. They seem to have a mind of their or about volume, beeps, audio from one side or another....possessed.... Motorola has replaced them twice but return postage is starting to get expensive....

EdJaegers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EdJaegers

Wish they were S9s - then I'd been in for 2 at this price. I've tried the S10s - they are much too small and much tighter. If you have a small to normal sized noggin, the redesign of the headset is very nice and they should be good for you.

As far as sound quality - they not for audiophiles, but subjectively, they sound good to me.

sagce

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sagce

People that complain about it, what do you expect for $30? No cord, great battery life, sound over lawnmower or anything else, yet can hear anything that might run you over, and yet you still want sound like you are at a symphony and an air-less feel on your head or ears. What are we talking about people? These are headphones with no cords for 30 bucks. As for defective refurbs that don't last, you pay for what you get for. Buy new ones at Best Buy, don't work or like, return them for full credit. This is Woot and this is one of their better buys, quality product for a very reasonable price. Buy them..

knight73

quality posts: 1 Private Messages knight73
stevesds wrote:Are these as uncomfortable and tinny as they look??

I bought these headphones a few months ago for $29.95. After a month or so, after twisting the bad-fitting ear pieces to fit my head, the microphone wire broke and no longer works. The fit is 90% BAD...yes they will hurt your ears...yes, they are extremely difficult to get on / off. The range was good...100' or so. They don't fit in your ears properly, regardless of the difference ear bud pieces...so you won't get a good bass experience. I see BestBuy has 'em for $100, so this seems like a deal. I wouldn't recommend, nor buy again.

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

I paid more than 2x this amount for mine at a big-box store last month. They work as advertised, good, but not great. The fit around your head is "eh" and having the battery pack bouncing around the back of your head takes some getting used to.

junyo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages junyo

Purchased two of these the last time Woot had them. Distinctly meh. Haven't had the reliability issues others have, but don't use them that often. Sound quality is adequate, calls are okay but the mic is doesn't work well in noisy environments. The point about people with large heads is very true, they will be uncomfortable over time on any head even slightly larger than average. And you may as well consider the ear cups a consumable, since they come off at the slightest provocation; my backpack, my pocket, taking off, putting on... I've never made it through a day without having an ear piece come off.

FirstCavWife

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FirstCavWife
aaee wrote:These things are great, this is a good deal.

I bought a pair of these a while back.. here is what I had to say...

People of Woot hear me. ITs time for me to eat a little crow. After complaing about the fit of the ear sets and grumbling about return policy and wut not, I read a few reviews on other sites about these things. Turns out I was wearing them wrong. I was wearing them with the back hanging down my neck, not correct. The loops do not go around the ears, they go Above the ears and protrude forward. Most of the discomfort eliminated. Sound quality great, phone functions awesome.

I am very sorry Woot, please accept my apologies, my dad was right (he is an old as dirt wooter) he said you wouldnt steer me wrong and I am sorry I bashed you.. I hate it whn my dad is righter than me.. anyway, I also want to add that I complained direct to Motorola about the fit and they immediatly offered to exchange them for an over the ear model.. I passed, as the setup seemed the same with the exception of the speaker placement.. again, I eat crow.. Motorola rocked as well...

Here is the permalink to the post..

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5067672&pageindex=7&replycount=254#post5122479

?????
This is what I found about them...on the Motorola site. http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=fz6&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=rcs&biw=1600&bih=730&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=XH7YJeuwgHXunM:&imgrefurl=https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58425/~/wearing-the-s10-hd&imgurl=http://motorola-global-eng.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/s10_placement.jpg&w=273&h=283&ei=rng_UO-TCeS02wX0q4DYDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1270&vpy=391&dur=2541&hovh=226&hovw=218&tx=93&ty=242&sig=116296033619936458288&page=1&tbnh=125&tbnw=121&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:30,s:0,i:169

Sorry, too pre-caffeine for me to post the pic or do a better url link. X-/

qjuantum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages qjuantum
paxt0n wrote:Do these work the the iPhone #4 and #4s? What about the "new iPad"? Do you expect them to work with the long-anticipated iPhone #5?

Serslee? They'd work with anything that wears Blue-Tooth

kevslider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevslider

Mine lasted for a year and then died. I bought them through a deal via Motorola/Amazon and lost the e-receipt, so they wouldn't even send a refurbished pair to replace it. I won't ever buy this brand again.

gunslingerpc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gunslingerpc

I bought these last time around, and I like them. They are good for their intended purpose: wireless listening during physical activity. The fact they are sweat/moisture resistant was the key feature for me. Once I experimented with different earpieces they are comfortable enough for prolonged use (2 hours mowing the lawn). I ended up using a different earpiece for each ear. Not the greatest sound in the world, but good enough. Bass was better than I expected, although not great. Overall for $25, a good deal if they last. Motorola's rep for quality makes me think they will.

fmcneely

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fmcneely

Size Matters, and these are for very small heads. Maybe it's my ego but these things never fit me or my wife who has a smaller head than I. If your hat size is large or larger, don't bother.

wmoeckel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmoeckel

I bought these the last time around and they are worth the $25. I would not have been happy had I bought them new like some have for $80ish. I bought 2 pairs, one for me and one for my wife. I like it but she didnt. The size feels small initially for a man but they break in and are suppose to be tight so they dont bounce around. Other note is that one of the headphones came defective (only one ear worked) but woot made it easy to return. Audio quality is average to good, not great. Overall good for the money (on Woot) if you want to be free of the wires.

mroyt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mroyt

Can I use this to listen to music on my Lenovo PC (in addition to my iPhone)?

kinderdm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kinderdm

These don't look too bad but I just recently bought (waiting to receive) a plantronics pair refurbed that was listed on deal.woot They were $20 and free shipping. They also have the ability to fold up with the bulk of electronics near the ear (off the neck) which is what I prefer. Having not tried them yet so I cannot attest to comfort but I have had other plantronics bluetooth headsets and never been disappointed by any of them. I still actually have all of them but wanted something for music at work. One headset stays in my car and the other at home for use with the ps3. I would maybe give these a try as they seem a good price but timing was in the plantronics favor, much to my satisfaction.

bootney

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bootney
damaka wrote:It felt a bit too small at first but, luckily, they are quite flexible and you get used to it. It wraps behind your head tightly. Audio quality is so so... depends a lot on the earbuds that you are using.

i concur...at first they felt awkward and weird...once i got used to it, was great.

but on to the headphones

they're good, definitely worth $25. spend some time trying out the different sized ear bud. i made the mistake of switching to a different size, then going to the gym only to have them not stay in my ears. take them all with you to your workout and figure out which ones work best for the type of activity you are doing. sounds is so-so, again depends on the buds and how tight they fit. i will reiterate, for $25 you get wireless, rugged headphones for working out, it's a no brainer...if you want something for the commute or just lounging around, prob not the best choice.

also if your head is huge, look somewhere else. i'm a full grown man, with a avg sized head and they are a little tight. big head, prob won't be too comfy.

but back to the headphones....