seanjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanjames
stevesds wrote:Are these as uncomfortable and tinny as they look??

I used to have a pair fo these (which I returned) because they were the most uncomfortable headphones I had ever worn. I don't know if it's the shape of my head or what, but they were cutting into the bones behind my ears pretty awfully. I tried to get used to it for a few days but they just weren't worth it.

Meggeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meggeler

Well, I have got to defend these headsets. I bought a pair last time Woot had them.

I wear glasses and a 7 1/2 hat am 6' tall and find them very comfortable. I wear them at least every other day for an hour exercising. You MUST pay attention to how you put them on - RTFM or sheet!

Audio quality is fine for my 'tin' ear. I don't uses them with a phone. They do really well attenuating the background sounds, especially when sweat begins to seal the ear bud in

jamessondag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamessondag

I owned these but took them back to costco for a refund. Not because they are uncomfortable, they're actually really pretty great when you get the fit correct after some trial and error. My problem was that they go over your ears and my bike helmet would rub up against them making them unwearable on bike rides.

If you plan on using them for runs, this is actually a phenominal deal, but they are worthless if you plan on biking with a helmet while using them.

drukepple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drukepple

I wore these regularly for about 3 or 4 months while running and road biking. Keep in mind that I sweat a lot, and that I run a lot, so I logged quite a few hours on these headphones in those months, and they got their share of sweat.

They started to fail on me, and I assume it's because of the moisture, despite Motorola's claim that these are sweat-proof.

The first problem I had was that the red light seemed to die. It became difficult to know when the 'phones were on or off, but I could figure it out because the blue light still worked. Then the blue light died, too, and I could only tell if they were on by checking my phone for connectivity. Still, they worked just fine otherwise.

The next problem was that they suddenly weren't able to charge. It started innocuously, as I would plug them in they would work, but during one run they started beeping and suddenly died. They hand't been charging for a little while, apparently, and finally ran out of juice. They haven't charged since.

The good news is that I contacted Motorola's support and after the typical "have you tried resetting it?" type of response, they agreed to replace them for free.

If you want to use them for physical activity (and you already do said activity with your phone), then these are good headphones. It's great to not have that cable bouncing around while I run, or getting caught on my bike. I wouldn't use them for regular listening; they're less comfortable and not as good sounding as any of my other headphones. I would suggest that, at $25 a pair, pick up more than one, so that you have a backup when (if) they fail, and you're waiting for your replacement.

Betty0076

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Betty0076

What does, "you found the Easter egg" mean?

izzypoobah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages izzypoobah

I've had these headphones for a little over a year, and they can go die in a fire:

-They are very uncomfortable from the pinch of the ear loops on the top of your ears, especially after an hour or so
-The earbud material is poorly chosen, as it is thick and stiff, and creates a very poor seal. In addition, the seams aren't finished very well and can chafe a bit. They also tend to pop off when jostled during storage. I even tried getting the replacement earbud set from Motorola ($20!), which helped a little in terms of size, but the rest of the issues remained.

-They can only be paired to one device at a time. Switching devices requires a pairing reset. So it was very inconvenient to switch between my phone and my computer as an audio source.

-The mic is useless, and picks up lots of environmental noise. It's only worth using if you really hate your caller and want to punch them in the eardrum.

In summary, you should only pick these up if you really hate your money and yourself. So really the best use case would be to call yourself while buried in a pile of your own flaming money, so you and your headphones can DIAF together.

liubd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages liubd

I bought one last time when they showed up at Woot. It is very tight to me although I am a not big size man. Now it sleeps in my deep drawer.

Meekrob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Meekrob

Would these work with PS3? I would like to play at night without waking the house :P

cruiz7197

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cruiz7197

I have two pair and rotate/cycle them. I wear them every day at my gym, and I paid $125 for the first pair. I love them

akboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akboy

Superglue?

jflunkhtm wrote:Mine will not connect to my iPad 2. Have tried everything.

PeterGysegem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeterGysegem

I bought one of these last time they were offered and while it appears to work fine, it are so tight that it is painful to use. And forget about using it lying down which I sometimes do for long conversations with family and friends. I guess if you have a small head (mine's about average) and always stand or sit, these are fine. Otherwise...

centhetik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages centhetik
slickvikd wrote:Anyone know if these are good for running?

They fit fine but just a little sweat and all the buttons quit working. I have already had Motorola send a replacement pair and they have the exact same problem. The new pair stopped working in the first mile of my run.

ambartek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambartek

Would these work for wireless headphones with our auto DVD player? Or is that different from infrared headphones?

homestar0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages homestar0001

Ughh, these headphones again? I bought these at BestBuy for $80 and I can't stand them.

They are very uncomfortable to start off with. I don't have a large head but even still, these headphones have very little flexibility. They tend to press on the sides of your head just above your ears. Quite painful over time.

I was planning on using these headphones with my Droid X so that I could listen to music while walking to class on campus. Works great in theory, not in reality. Maybe it's just my phone but these headphones would skip like I was using a CD player instead of an MP3 player or phone. Couldn't go one song without hearing a skip at least once or twice.

Overall, I'd give the headphones a 1/5. They sound alright, but that's it. There's a reason they're still $25 AND refurbished..

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125

Bought a set of these a few months ago and they work very well. As other people have noted they can get tight over time so you have a large cranium like myself I wouldn't recommend for prolonged use.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125
ambartek wrote:Would these work for wireless headphones with our auto DVD player? Or is that different from infrared headphones?

No, they will not. These use bluetooth tech which can only pair with other bluetooth devices. I've never seen a dvd player with bluetooth so I'd assume "No".

Wicked Gollum

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wicked Gollum

My two cents.

I bought them the last time as I needed to replace the first pair I originally purchased.

Sooooo, Purchase 1 (P1) had a speaker go out after about 3 months of use (I bought those on 4/20). Do note that I sweat like a pig on the way to a luau and can possibly attribute the speaker dying to that. Additionally, the play time on that set was only around 4-5 hours.

I picked up Purchase 2 (P2) on 7/6 and so far these suckers have been great; nearly 8 hours of playtime!

I will say that on both sets the buttons have always been difficult to de-press and send a signal. However, I easily over look this as..well...I'm working out and just need something blaring in my ears so my musical "workout set" is good enough and I don't need to skip or go back a lot.

-Duncan

--
.:d:.

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and narrow-mindedness. Broad, wholesome and charitable views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one tiny corner of the globe."
-- Mark Twain

dustball3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustball3000

yes, I bought them last time they were on here, and i stopped using them after one day. They're way too small for a man's head and caused pain and discomfort.

SurplusHP

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SurplusHP
brcline89 wrote:I run with them almost daily! Great for running!

I am having a hard time seeing an advantage to powered headphones on a run, where you still need to carry a music source.

Are you saying the extra weight of these headphones is less hassle than a wire from your music source to typical cheapie earbuds?

sanalmg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanalmg

I bought them the last time they appeared in Woot. I tried my best to make them work on my Samsung Galaxy S2, then on my HP Presario laptop and then on my new Dell XPS. Nothing worked! I do not know how can I return them or get replaced! Sanal MG

Councelor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Councelor

Add me to the uncomfortable list BUT they work well as a stereo bluetooth in other ways... and who works out THAT long!?!

Also, they are a lot harder to lose (or accidentally run over, step on, etc.) then traditional mono bluetooths.

amiable1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amiable1

I bought a pair of these the last time they were on Woot. Refurbished. They died on me and I needed to return them to Motorola after only a month.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

I bought these from Woot about a year or so ago. I still use these as my primary Bluetooth. Yes, they can be a little tight but I have never found them to be uncomfortable, they just fit snugly over the ear. If you wear them for hours at a time I am sure it would get a little annoying.

So what do I use these for? I go shopping with my wife and she ends up going through shoes, clearance racks and all sorts of stuff that usually involves me holding a purse outside a changing room. (With me guys?) With this device, I connect it to my HTC EVO, and listen to whatever podcasts or music I want to listen to. Lately its been either Kevin Smiths Smodcast or Tales from Lake Woebegone. I see my wife speaking to me and smile and nod and the time goes by as I listen while my wife shops.

This impresses my wife as I seem to be a patient husband and the rewards are awesome.

Today is my 22nd Anniversary and I believe part of what helped us get there were these headphones.

So will 24.99 save your marriage? I don't know but it certainly helped mine!

dwijal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwijal

I bought two of these on two seperate Woot offs. My wife and I wear these when at the gym or running the occasional 10K. I really like not having the wire dangling around. The fact that I can take a call is nice also since it has a mic. The quality of sound is acceptable for me but could be sub par for an audiophile. Love the battery life. I once listened to it without charging for 4 days (2 hours each day) so thats plenty for me. Ear buds can get a little uncomfortable after prolonged use and since these go behind the ear it is uncomfortable to wear sunglasses while concurrently using these head phones. Aside from that, they are solid.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Betty0076 wrote:What does, "you found the Easter egg" mean?

Where are you seeing that?

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kay6692

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kay6692

How is the speaker? I mean can people hear you? I don't see where it is.

lightsabr2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightsabr2

I bought one of these last time they were up, and couldn't be happier. I leave my iphone in my gym bag, and can run the 1/8 mile indoor track at my gym with uninterrupted signal. I can go through the whole downstairs weight lifting area and be perfectly fine. This is so much simpler than using wired headphones and having to keep my device with me. Great signal strength, battery life, and quality of music. Highly recommended.

Edit: Yes, I can be heard just fine when answering calls as a handsfree device. I just looked at mine, and don't see the mic, so it must be something internal.

Raydr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raydr
izzypoobah wrote:I've had these headphones for a little over a year, and they can go die in a fire:

-They are very uncomfortable from the pinch of the ear loops on the top of your ears, especially after an hour or so
-The earbud material is poorly chosen, as it is thick and stiff, and creates a very poor seal. In addition, the seams aren't finished very well and can chafe a bit. They also tend to pop off when jostled during storage. I even tried getting the replacement earbud set from Motorola ($20!), which helped a little in terms of size, but the rest of the issues remained.

-They can only be paired to one device at a time. Switching devices requires a pairing reset. So it was very inconvenient to switch between my phone and my computer as an audio source.

-The mic is useless, and picks up lots of environmental noise. It's only worth using if you really hate your caller and want to punch them in the eardrum.

In summary, you should only pick these up if you really hate your money and yourself. So really the best use case would be to call yourself while buried in a pile of your own flaming money, so you and your headphones can DIAF together.

I concur. I really, really wanted to love these (especially since I bought them to replace some 6 year old Logitech Headphones I got from woot a long time ago. Note: They still work fine! I just wanted something more modern...)

Sadly the single pairing issue and the pain after wearing them for a while make this a purchase I can't recommend.

kay6692

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kay6692

MUCH Thanks!

lightsabr2 wrote:I bought one of these last time they were up, and couldn't be happier. I leave my iphone in my gym bag, and can run the 1/8 mile indoor track at my gym with uninterrupted signal. I can go through the whole downstairs weight lifting area and be perfectly fine. This is so much simpler than using wired headphones and having to keep my device with me. Great signal strength, battery life, and quality of music. Highly recommended.

Edit: Yes, I can be heard just fine when answering calls as a handsfree device. I just looked at mine, and don't see the mic, so it must be something internal.

dbetanc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbetanc

I wasn't so lucky with these. I've returned them twice already to Motorola for replacement. The first ones I got from WOOT had something wrong with the right speaker. The high frequencies would come on and off randomly. Then Motorola replaced them for another refurbished unit and they had the volume buttons dead. I'm waiting for the 3rd replacement to arrive.

They sound OK, but the refurbished ones seem to have a lot of quality issues.

subslug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages subslug

As far as bluetooth headphones that I've bought off Woot, this being the third pair, these are actually the best. Now that's not saying a whole lot since the other 2 pairs were terrible. These aren't comfortable at all, the sound is decent. The first time they were difficult to get connected, I didn't realize you needed to hold the power button on a second or two after they power on to get to the syncing stage. After that they re-connect to phone,PC,TV just fine.
These are bluetooth headphones, don't expect these or any BT headphone to sound like your 7.1 surround sound system.

dlehrner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlehrner

First, a little about me. I am a XL clothes wearing male that uses these exclusively for running. I have used these during several Ragnar races and two Half Marathons and the battery life has never been an issue. I used to pair them with my iPod Touch but I now just use my work BlackBerry and Pandora. I owned the S9's and LOVED them until the battery started to fail and would only last for approximately 20 minutes. I bought a set of the S10's and they are not as comfortable as the S9's but they are tolerable. The sound quality is noticeably worse then the S9's but those were incredible. If it sounds like I wish they never replaced the S9, you're probably right but I still think the S10 has been the best headset available for running for me. I really like the over the ear style as this is the only headphone style that will stay place throughout an entire run without having to readjust. The real concern I have with these headphones is that I am already on my third set because the first two pairs stopped powering on overnight. After shutting them off they would never respond to anything, no charge led, no audible pairing noise, nothing. With that said, for $30 grab them and use them until they die it will make your run more enjoyable. I would never expect these headpones to be good for phone calls but the few times I received phone calls while running the caller did not know I was on a headset until they asked why it sounded like I was out of breath.

billblinn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billblinn

Even worse. As headphones go, these should. They would make great paperweights if they weighed more. I bought 2 and gave both of them away to Goodwill. Yuk.

HongKongPhooey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HongKongPhooey

I bought these because they were "sweat proof" only to find out they are incredibly uncomfortable . They may be good for people with narrow heads or children.
For an adult male it's probably a little too narrow.

I got the Platronics ones, they fit great and seem to be pretty sweat resistant if your careful

Minvox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Minvox

*Review*
I bought these last time they were on Woot. They are not as comfortable as you'd hope but once you find your fit with the earbuds and the whole over your ear behind your head thing, you'll be good. I can and do comfortably wear these at work and for running for 2-3hrs before they become a pain. They have an awkward rubbing pressure point on my ears but its not too bad that I won't wear them. Kinda like bowling shoes, you notice how bad they hurt after you take em off. By far the winner here is the wireless. I will never run or work with wired headsets again. The sound is moderate. Whatever youd expect from some nice sealing earbuds for $20. The sound for bluetooth audio period isnt that crisp but these sound allright. The clarity is there and the bass comes in once you get the right earbuds. And the fact that these work as a talking headset make these a total winner for working or working out. Must have for the music lover that continuously rips out there buds by the cable.

tryitsniperz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tryitsniperz

Anyone know if these would be good with a bicycle helmet? That is the only reason I would want them. As for comfort, Anything of this style takes a few weeks to get used to, I have a lot of wireless headsets i use for work and they always take a week or two to get comfortable in your ear.

NicholasDM

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NicholasDM

Does anybody know if these are motorcycle helmet friendly? I see the play/pause/skip buttons are one of the arms.

I've unfortunately yet to find any earbuds that match the quality and helmet-friendliness of JVC Air Cushion headphones, and they do an outstanding job of isolating wind noise. Trying to find replacements.

Thanks!

dchaosblade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchaosblade

I used to own one of these. They're handy, the sound is decent (though not great - audiophiles wont be happy) and not horribly uncomfortable. That said, if you have a larger head they can be tight (and they aren't flexible/soft enough to make up for the stretch).
They also tend to make your ears sore after long periods of use.

I'd also say to steer clear of these if you wear glasses. While I don't wear prescription glasses, it was extremely uncomfortable/impossible to wear my sunglasses with these on - it was one or the other.

To whomever asked about wearing these w/ a motorcycle helmet - it depends on the helmet. If you wear anything other than a half-helmet (e.g. full face, open face, modular, etc) then these will not work. If you have a half-helmet which don't have much padding around the ears, then they'd probably be alright.

When wearing these, you often can't lean your head back against a headrest or lay down - it either pushes the earbuds out of your ear or digs them into your head, both of which pretty much ruin it.
While running, they're fine, though they can jostle a little bit.
For walking around and stuff though their pretty good. I used them for a couple years back in College when walking between classes and such, they were great for listening to music.

Last comment: call quality. I often received complaints that the mic picked up everything extremely loudly. If its a windy day or you're walking by a busy street, the people on the other end of the line can hear it all - often to the point of drowning you out or hurting their ears. In Atlanta, I often had to tell my phone not to use the headset when I received a call.

All in all, this is a pretty good price for a decent set of stereo bluetooth headsets - probably cheaper than anything else you're gonna find and if all you want is to listen to moderate quality music while walking around town w/o the hassle of cords, then you'll likely be satisfied so long as you don't wear glasses.
I've since moved on to a set of LG HBS700's - they are tons more comfortable with much better sound quality, but run at closer to $70.

scrawfordmt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrawfordmt

I like the idea of a sporty bluetooth headset more than I ended up liking the headset itself. As a bluetooth headset they work great, but I got them with the intent of listening to pandora while riding my bike. They sound fine when I'm not moving, but they don't cope well with the sound of wind rushing over them. They either need higher volume or a more aerodynamic profile, because they aren't great outside.

scrawfordmt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrawfordmt
NicholasDM wrote:Does anybody know if these are motorcycle helmet friendly? I see the play/pause/skip buttons are one of the arms.

I've unfortunately yet to find any earbuds that match the quality and helmet-friendliness of JVC Air Cushion headphones, and they do an outstanding job of isolating wind noise. Trying to find replacements.

Thanks!

I wouldn't bet on it. The buttons are easily accessible, but difficult to push, and probably impossible if you're wearing riding gloves of any sort.

that being said, I don't know that they would work great under a helmet. The profile is too bulky. They are surprisingly less streamlined that the pictures suggest.