WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Okay, okay, okay, we know. Due to reasons beyond our control, the results have been delayed by the judges. We can only assume they're holding out for better seats at the 2013 Monkey Games. Anyway, our public can wait no longer… so we'll let you decide for yourselves! After the jump, you'll be enjoying some fine, fine Monkey Games footage. Praise the heroes, condemn the goats, and make your own assumptions about who the final winner will be! We'll have the final results along with the winner of the torch contest as soon as we humanly can. See you inside?

As you can see, the teams fought hard to achieve and excel. Games that were easy to understand turned out to be much, much harder to play. Even if you could roll your chair at the speed of light, could you do it without spilling water?

The Woot lobby as always been an exciting place for the creme de la creme to gather. It was a natural choice for an afternoon of target shooting. The Nerf darts weren't easy to master but all participants did pretty doggone well. Next year: Nerf skeet?

Of course, it can't just be about physical prowess. The Team Pictionary event rewarded intelligence and communication skills. A true group connection is almost like telepathy, after all, and a well-oiled machine is always the most efficient. Or at least, that's what we told our boss when we wanted to take a long lunch so we could go practice.

Naturally, a lot of business deals are settled on the golf course. It's just a fact of life. Our putting challenge was a chance to let those golfers show off just how well they could handle the links. Never mind that the links were carpet and cardboard.

Who would have thought that all our time in detention would have paid off? The tiny football shooting challenge was a chance for those high school goof-offs to score big points for their team. And it was pretty fun to watch, too.

And last but not least, the Team Jumping made for a completely ridiculous final day of the 2012 Monkey Games. Look close, you'll see our HR Rep jumping alongside everyone else. See? That's how you KNOW we kept it fair!

Ultimately, what's important is that everyone had fun, and came together as a company. But yes, the scores are coming… and soon! We promise! Watch for the 2012 Monkey Games closing ceremonies just as soon as we finish sewing together an inflatable Voldemort and choreographing our steampunk dance routine. It won't be long now.

lichme

quality posts: 3014 Private Messages lichme

Edit: Happy Dance frog revoked!

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

So many valiant efforts, how can you choose who wins?

My monkeys were rooting for everyone, they don't have favorites.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

niloc225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niloc225

We are waiting...

theoneill555

I've been away but I looked and did not see the conclusion of the monkey games even though I looked. Has it been posted, yet? Was a winner declared in the torch contest?

reg036

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reg036
theoneill555 wrote:I've been away but I looked and did not see the conclusion of the monkey games even though I looked. Has it been posted, yet? Was a winner declared in the torch contest?

Nope, not a word of any results!

theoneill555

reg036 wrote:Nope, not a word of any results!

Thanks

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

theoneill555 wrote:Thanks

It's coming, honest, it really is

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

colonelpuffpuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colonelpuffpuff

Hello? woot people? It's been 26 days since the promise of the END, where is it?

lichme

theoneill555

lichme wrote:Bump

I gave up a month ago. Last year's games were fun and had weekly competitions for both the woot staff and those of us at home. This year's monkey games were a bust.

GRogers61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GRogers61

The Monkey Games have gone global! 100 Monkey Games monkeys have been released into the wild via an underground network known as Geocaching.
So far I have released 45 tagged monkeys into the wild and I have another 55 of them to go. Since the first monkey got loose from “Monkey Island” –aka- Antelope Island in The Great Salt Lake of Utah, in June, they have traveled a combined total of 131,784 miles and have been logged in 15 states plus Quebec Canada. These monkeys have very specific goals:
1. Travel the most miles.
2. Visit the most caches.
3. See the most Olympic venues.
4. Meet the most Olympic athletes.
5. Attend the Olympic Games.
6. Collect the most pictures of our travels.

I have created a Facebook page just for them under the name “Cornelius Zaius”, you are welcomed to join us in watching the monkeys progress.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This is awesome. I look forward to updates on your FB page. Thanks for sharing!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

reg036

!

lichme

I have officially withdrew my previous happy dance frog. I haz a sad.

reg036

lichme wrote:I have officially withdrew my previous happy dance frog. I haz a sad.

Hahahaha!!!!