4%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Vacuum
$199.99 + $5 Standard OR $19 One-Day OR $15 Two-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

therealjrn

quality posts: 59 Private Messages therealjrn

What happened to the digitail vacs Woot used to have?

Happy 10th Woot!

macraig

quality posts: 7 Private Messages macraig
therealjrn wrote:What happened to the digitail vacs Woot used to have?

They evolved and lost the tail. Now they're just digi.

macraig

quality posts: 7 Private Messages macraig

So is this the upscale big brother of the one offered a couple days ago, then?

Just curious, really... I have a Dyson vacuum that I despise, so I'm not eager to multiply that experience.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

therealjrn wrote:What happened to the digitail vacs Woot used to have?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

For what it is worth:

Amazon 4 out of 5 stars with over 260 reviews.

cappo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages cappo

TT, if you see this, think maybe you could drop a hint to whoever's in charge of such things that adding a notation for things than can or can't be shipped to AK/HI on the description page would be a good idea?

My friend in Alaska finally gave up trying to buy stuff because every time she got to the checkout with something she wanted to buy (except for the set of monkeys and a shirt) it would tell her it doesn't ship to that state.

And it's not stuff with batteries, I mean like wooden bowls and stuff. She finally gave up and canceled receiving the emails. I'm sure she's not the only one who's frustrated by suddenly being told at check out SURPRISE! YOU NO CAN HAS!

It's like a cruel joke.

theguruguys

Craving Tech Review

Frugal Upstate Review

Gadget Review

All reviews very positive.

WhichWebstite's 'First Look' video

ThunderThighs

Staff

cappo wrote:TT, if you see this, think maybe you could drop a hint to whoever's in charge of such things that adding a notation for things than can or can't be shipped to AK/HI on the description page would be a good idea?

My friend in Alaska finally gave up trying to buy stuff because every time she got to the checkout with something she wanted to buy (except for the set of monkeys and a shirt) it would tell her it doesn't ship to that state.

And it's not stuff with batteries, I mean like wooden bowls and stuff. She finally gave up and canceled receiving the emails. I'm sure she's not the only one who's frustrated by suddenly being told at check out SURPRISE! YOU NO CAN HAS!

It's like a cruel joke.

That's actually been quite an email discussion the last couple days. You will now see a note on the Features tab saying:

Shipping Note: Eligible for shipping to all 50 states

on orders that can ship to AK & HI.

Take a look at today's offer on Tech.Woot for an example.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cappo

ThunderThighs wrote:That's actually been quite an email discussion the last couple days. You will now see a note on the Features tab saying:

Shipping Note: Eligible for shipping to all 50 states

on orders that can ship to AK & HI.

Take a look at today's offer on Tech.Woot for an example.

I actually just noticed that and then checked the art supplies and saw it there to, and then I came back to erase my post but you got to it first. lol

I'll tell her about it. I'm sure she'll be happy. Now, if only Amazon would do the same she'd be a calmer person when shopping. heh

ThunderThighs

Staff

cappo wrote:I actually just noticed that and then checked the art supplies and saw it there to, and then I came back to erase my post but you got to it first. lol

I'll tell her about it. I'm sure she'll be happy. Now, if only Amazon would do the same she'd be a calmer person when shopping. heh

I'm glad you didn't delete it. I'd like to get the information out there. It was due to your post the other day and another one just before that.

FORUM MODERATOR

truverman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages truverman

just buy this instead http://www.dyson.com/Vacuums/Handhelds/DC44/DC44-Animal.aspx

Chaz D Truver

cappo

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm glad you didn't delete it. I'd like to get the information out there. It was due to your post the other day and another one just before that.

See kids, you can make a difference.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

febrile wrists ? That's some feeble editing.

febrile:
Having or showing the symptoms of a fever.

Having or showing a great deal of nervous excitement or energy.

chrisiturrioz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisiturrioz
truverman wrote:just buy this instead http://www.dyson.com/Vacuums/Handhelds/DC44/DC44-Animal.aspx

I wonder if you can buy the motorized tool seperately?

burhanistan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages burhanistan

I have this model (bought new from Costco). It's quite good and delivers on what it says it does.

drlava

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drlava

ok, I'll be the first to say it.. $200 for a fancy dustbuster??

superman425

quality posts: 10 Private Messages superman425

This appears to be a previos woot.

theguruguys

A moderator deleted post (or two?) and a WORD PROBLEMS! in the same day! I think that's a first for me ;)

That's what happens when CowboyDan takes a night off.

mmmtin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmmtin

Love the concept of this vacuum.. but 15 minutes of vacuum time vs. 3 hours of charging time? That's ridiculous.

therealjrn

quality posts: 59 Private Messages therealjrn
mmmtin wrote:Love the concept of this vacuum.. but 15 minutes of vacuum time vs. 3 hours of charging time? That's ridiculous.

Happy 10th Woot!

katdoctors

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katdoctors

I picked one of these up from woot last month. One of the attachment locks arrived broken. I gave dyson a call and they promptly shipped a new attachment out free of charge. Now everything is working very well but I'm a little worried about the durability of the attachment locking mechanism. The attachment locks are made of plastic and seem as though they could easily break again.

shivarajan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shivarajan

Pay $35 more and get brand new @ newegg? (has $60 promo card for Dysons)

Shiva

wateriestfire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wateriestfire

3.5 hours to charge
10 minutes of use

sounds like a winner lol. Seriously? 10 minutes is laughable! they should allow the cord to pass through so that it will run when plugged in.

sacolton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sacolton

I'd rather just use my little shop vac with a cord. More power and unlimited use.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

The supply of refurb Dysons is endless !

wardjcott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wardjcott

All the consumer reviews point to the Black and Deck 18v Vac as being the best in this category. It sells for 60 bucks. This might be why Dyson is trying to unload a flawed product.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
wardjcott wrote:All the consumer reviews point to the Black and Deck 18v Vac as being the best in this category. It sells for 60 bucks. This might be why Dyson is trying to unload a flawed product.

I had a B&D 18v hand vac(PHV1800) and I loved it. Had it for several years but then the batteries would no longer hold a charge and they were not replaceable.

madcow217

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madcow217
jmbunkin wrote:The supply of refurb Dysons is endless !

I keep wondering that myself. If these Dyson products are SO great (and SOOO expensive) why do I continue to see so many of them on sites like Woot being sold as refurbs? Do people buy them thinking that since they are so expensive, they must be the best vacuums?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Yet more refurbs at Wootadyson.com? This strains my belief system that there can be that many refurbs.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

Felton10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Felton10

Had the same problem with a similar handheld-Dyson replace the broken part under warranty. Just don't change parts-laways leave same piece on. That is what I do.

robartmog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robartmog

I bought a *NEW* DC34 at Bed Bath and Beyond for $140 after discounts. It has the same motor, watt rating, and battery as the heavier DC35. Even if you paid the full $199 price, it would be as good or better of a deal that a refurb DC35.

acorona4ever

quality posts: 7 Private Messages acorona4ever

i got a referb model a few months back and it was in new condition. This isnt a supper duty vac for big jobs although would still work. I use it everyday sort of like preventive maintenance so things dont get out of hand. i vacuum the whole apartment in 15 min's, 3 bed rooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom, hallway, and computer room. After all this it still has enough juice to do the stairs leading to my 2nd floor apartment. it takes me well over 15 mins to do the job not including stopping in between to prep each room to be vacuumed. There is a trigger not a on and off switch so you activate the motor when you need it to suck. i think some people complaining about batt life don't get that concept. prep the area you need to vacuum first then it should take less than two minutes each room.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

Dear Woot staff

Thank you for not mentioning genital envy or anything Freudian in your write up.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

billmaack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billmaack
radi0j0hn wrote:Yet more refurbs at Wootadyson.com? This strains my belief system that there can be that many refurbs.

Gotta wonder why so many need refurbishing, and why would you want one?

X

ariel234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ariel234
madcow217 wrote:I keep wondering that myself. If these Dyson products are SO great (and SOOO expensive) why do I continue to see so many of them on sites like Woot being sold as refurbs? Do people buy them thinking that since they are so expensive, they must be the best vacuums?

I bought a DC33 from Woot (just a regular vacuum) and it's ok, but I don't see anything about it that makes it's worth extra money (I only paid $199). It came with a clog in it so didn't have *any* suction when I got it. I called and they did help me unclog. It works fine now, but I really don't think it's any better than my $99 bissell. I think people must get the Dysons home and figure they're just not worth that kind of money. I feel ok having spent $199 on mine...but when it breaks I'll probably just go pick up another $99 one.

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

This vacuum sucks.

fannypack

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fannypack

I got one and can't say it's worth that much money for three minutes of run time. Works great when it works.

landoperk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landoperk
wardjcott wrote:All the consumer reviews point to the Black and Deck 18v Vac as being the best in this category. It sells for 60 bucks. This might be why Dyson is trying to unload a flawed product.

Thanks for the tip.