griz13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages griz13
erastimus wrote:I'll stay with my Timex Weekender. $38 on sale at Kohls recently. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Timex doesn't hold a candle to one of these.

griz13

wootakane wrote:In the more-or-less agreed upon quasi-standard terminology used by watch companies, 50m water resistance means you're probably OK to wash your hands while wearing it, as long as you don't hold it directly under the faucet too long. With a case almost two-thirds of an inch thick, I wish the Invicta boys could have found space for an o-ring or two that would get them to 200m. I've been looking for a self-winding mechanical watch, but a "Diver" watch that I wouldn't feel comfortable swimming with just isn't worth the Westclox form factor.

You could swim with this with no problem.

griz13

dliidlii wrote:Wow do you have a lot to learn about marketing. Invicta can put a MSRP of $995 or $1995 it has absolutely no connection to the actual value of the watch. Look up P.T. Barnum on Wikipedia and take notes. Oh, by the way, hang on to that warranty. You're going to need it but after you find out how much they charge in fees related to warranty repair (most problems are somehow not covered under the warranty) you'll probably not bother to fix it.

Take the snark down a notch or two - you being an ass about msrp doesn't change the fact that these are damn nice watches.

sdc100

quality posts: 508 Private Messages sdc100
megatron627 wrote:Hey how soon do you think chronoshark will have that vostok watch? i really want one at the price your friend got it at. thanks

I have no idea since their offerings seem to be random. You may be in luck though. My friend may have bought several of them as gifts, and may have one or two left. I don't know how much ChronoShark actually charged him so that $200 price was based on a very weak memory, and don't know how much he'd be willing to sell it for. I'll send him an email though and contact you in Woot's email if there is an offer.

I was gonna do you a favor and see if it's being sold on the web and found it on Sear's website. Surely, it'll be cheap, right? But nooooooooo, Sears -- a discount store -- is selling that watch for $1118.40!!! That's more than watch stores, and maybe even more than it's MSRP. For some reason, I don't think people who are willing to spend that much on a watch shop at Sears. At least not for watches.

megatron627

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megatron627
sdc100 wrote:I have no idea since their offerings seem to be random. You may be in luck though. My friend may have bought several of them as gifts, and may have one or two left. I don't know how much ChronoShark actually charged him so that $200 price was based on a very weak memory, and don't know how much he'd be willing to sell it for. I'll send him an email though and contact you in Woot's email if there is an offer.

I was gonna do you a favor and see if it's being sold on the web and found it on Sear's website. Surely, it'll be cheap, right? But nooooooooo, Sears -- a discount store -- is selling that watch for $1118.40!!! That's more than watch stores, and maybe even more than it's MSRP. For some reason, I don't think people who are willing to spend that much on a watch shop at Sears. At least not for watches.

hey thanks but it's ok, i just went and bought this timex piece from amazon...looks good enough for me

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T2N720DH-Intelligent-Compass-Temperature/dp/B0053EXM9E/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1346806159&sr=8-7&keywords=timex

sdc100

griz13 wrote:Timex doesn't hold a candle to one of these.

Actually, the new Timex Intelligent Quartz series has been getting rave reviews, and many models are under $100. One is just $34. SOme of the better ones have complications including a perpetual calendar, tide clock and compasses, and some are dressy. For example, the Timex Men's T49866DH Intelligent Quartz Fly Back Chrono Compass is only $122 on Amazon. Got rave reviews on the site. See second photo below.

Sorry, but your Invictas don't hold a candle to these Timexes -- in style, price or functionality.

joneser223

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joneser223
mboverload wrote:What is that chain? It's not addressed in the description.

The chain is just ornamental and attached to a water proof cap. Something that small is easily lost with out a chain.

sdc100

megatron627 wrote:hey thanks but it's ok, i just went and bought this timex piece from amazon...looks good enough for me

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T2N720DH-Intelligent-Compass-Temperature/dp/B0053EXM9E/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1346806159&sr=8-7&keywords=timex

Hah! Great minds think alike because I was just posting about Timexes when you posted that. See the models I listed for alternatives. Or go on Timex's website for their Intelligent Quartz collection, which I linked to.

The biggest difference between Timexes and my friend's Vostoke is that Timexes aren't collectibles. They will depreciate in value over time. I believe the Vostok diver is considered a minor luxury and may even be a Limited Edition watch (which is why it's not generally available anymore).

joneser223

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joneser223

For any one that likes to wear their watch on their left wrist, this watch, is kind of a let down.

zhengyangfang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhengyangfang

Details from invictawatch.

Invicta Russian Diver
Brand Invicta
Model 1843 – Silver tone
1844 – Gold tone
Movement Seagull 3600K Mechanical
Crystal Flame Fusion
Strap Polyurethane Rubber
Crown Push/Pull
Clasp Buckle
Measurements Case: 47mm
Case Thickness: 14.5mm
Bracelet: 9-1/2Lx24mm W
WaterResistance 5ATM-50meters–165 feet

sdc100

megatron627 wrote:Hey how soon do you think chronoshark will have that vostok watch? i really want one at the price your friend got it at. thanks

Okay, I found mention of the original ChronoShark offering on the Web. He got it for $295 with a MSRP of $995. Apparently, it was part of a Limited Edition of 3000, and each watch was numbered.

http://www.watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?id=22252&forum_id=36&jump_to=281981

Fri Oct 28th, 2011 11:21 am

Vostok-Europe Caspian Sea Monster for $295

$3 Off Code: techbargains3

http://www.chronoshark.com/
Model Brand New Vostok-Europe Caspian Sea Monster Ekranoplan Series Chronograph Mens Watch - Model Number OS2B/5465160 - Limited Numbered Edition of 3000 Watches
List Price $995.00
Case Material Brushed and Polished Solid 316L Surgical Grade Silvertone Stainless Steel Case and Screwdown Caseback
Case Dimensions 47mm (1.85") in Diameter, 15mm (0.59") Thick
Movement Precise Japanese Miyota OS2B Professional Quartz Chronograph Movement
Bezel Black IP (Ionic Plated) Solid Stainless Steel Unidirectional Rotating Diver's Bezel Bezel with Silvertone Machine Knurled Exterior
Crystal Scratch Resistant Hardened Mineral Crystal
Crown Solid Stainless Steel Screwdown Crown Located at the 3:00 Hour Position, Chronograph Function Pushers
Dial Jet Black Wave Textured Dial with Trigalight ® Tritium Gas Filled Silvertone Hands and Hour Markers at All Positions, Red Central Chronograph Hand, Minutes/Seconds Scale Around the Outer Dial, Vostok-Europe Logo and Insignia at 12:00, Contrasting Chronograph Subdials Located at the 3:00-6:00-9:00 Hour Positions
Chronograph Chronograph Subdials Measuring 24-Hours, 60-Seconds and 60-Minutes
Calendar Quick-Set Date Display Window Located at the 4:30 Hour Position
Luminous Trigalight ® Tritium Gas (Self Illuminating) Filled Luminous Hour and Minute Hands, Trigalight ® Tritium Gas Filled Hour Markers at All Positons - 17 Trigalight ® Tritium Gas Tubes in Total
Bracelet/Strap Soft Genuine Black Corcodile Embossed Leather Strap with Red Contrast Stitching - 23mm (0.91") Wide, 9-3/4" Length - Plus Additional Black Rubber Strap Included, Great for Wearing in Extreme Conditions
Clasp Type Solid Stainless Steel Dual Push-Button Fold-Over Safety Deployment Clasp Embossed with the Vostok-Europe Logo
Water Resistance 200 Meters (660 Feet - 20 ATM)
Warranty
2 Year Original Limited Manufacturer's Warranty

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
tanios wrote:The 12 minute rise time may also include the standard 5 minute offgas safety stop at 15ft or so for any dive going below 100'. As a general rule, I usually do a 5 minute safety stop every time I dive more than 20m (66', 2 atmospheres), just to be safe.

And don't forget the 1 minute DEEP stop, which along with the safety stop, might just be there to effectively slow down the fast risers.

sdc100 wrote:Perhaps you should get a talking watch....? Many models are available on Amazon, and I've seen some in Chinatown for about $7. An atomic talking watch is even available on eBay for $10. I like the hourly time announcements. Probably not loud enough to be heard through trafic noise, though.

there are alot of times when one doesn't even have a free hand to push a button on the watch to hear its time, or the condition prevents one from hearing the announcement. freeclimbing, robosuit diving, cycling, skiing....

rdlbrc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdlbrc

$138 on line without really looking. Ok deal. Nice looking watch if you need one.

sdc100

lwang wrote:there are alot of times when one doesn't even have a free hand to push a button on the watch to hear its time, or the condition prevents one from hearing the announcement. freeclimbing, robosuit diving, cycling, skiing....

The person was talking about driving and my suggestion was specifically about that. And you're mistakenly assuming that talking watches don't also have a normal display, whether digital or analog. Regardless of what your conditions are, having a voice can only help. If you don't have a free hand, just look at it like a normal watch. And as I've mentioned above, you can set it to give hands free hourly (and even half-hourly) announcements.

nadtacular

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nadtacular
bookofjoshua wrote:Apparently Russian divers are terrible, as this watch is only rated water resistant to 50m... "diver" watches in this, retail price ranger are rated to, at least, 200m

I dive all of the time, and never find a need to go past 100 ft... 50M is far deeper than you think. Luminox makes a 200m watch for $300-$600, if you want to pay that much for a depth capability that you will never need... doooo itttt...

abhinavjain123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abhinavjain123

Anyone got theirs' or tracking numbers for that matter? Mine still says "Awaiting Shipping"

ewidener21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ewidener21

mine says the same, not sure how woot handles updating that with it being shipped straight from "the vendor" though

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RE: Shipping & Tracking....

It can take up to 5 business days (not including the day of the sale) for items to process and ship. It's often quicker but it's best to allow the 5 business days.

Monday will be the 4th business day. As soon as we get the shipping information from the vendor, we'll upload it and you'll get that email you desire.

Have a great Monday.... if that's possible.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ewidener21

ThunderThighs wrote:RE: Shipping & Tracking....

It can take up to 5 business days (not including the day of the sale) for items to process and ship. It's often quicker but it's best to allow the 5 business days.

Monday will be the 4th business day. As soon as we get the shipping information from the vendor, we'll upload it and you'll get that email you desire.

Have a great Monday.... if that's possible.

thanks for the clarification!

golfniners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golfniners

Just received mine today in Los Angeles, even though status is "Awaiting Shipping"

ewidener21 wrote:thanks for the clarification!

abhinavjain123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abhinavjain123

I just got mine today in OC. Although status still says "Awaiting Shipping".Thanks Woot

thutmosse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thutmosse

I cant wait for this to arrive!

mike607

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mike607

Haven't received mine yet. My credit card was charged the day after the purchase. What's up with that? I feel like cancelling my order.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mike607 wrote:Haven't received mine yet. My credit card was charged the day after the purchase. What's up with that? I feel like cancelling my order.

Click "Your Account" in the top right corner and then "Purchase History" on that page. This should help you find your shipping updates for each order you have purchased. If you are unable to find any shipping info, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to help you track your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

vawolf1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vawolf1

Got Mine today too. Anybody know how to remove the writing on the reverse crystal side. It doesn't seem to be a decal. Is it on the inside? It's not shown in thw woot images so I assume it comes off some how. Any ideas?

ewidener21

I received mine yesterday, just opened it today, but it doesn't seem to be working...

I removed the cap and wound it per the instructions, now it's just sitting here, not doing anything. Am I missing something?

tonypeters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonypeters
ewidener21 wrote:I received mine yesterday, just opened it today, but it doesn't seem to be working...

I removed the cap and wound it per the instructions, now it's just sitting here, not doing anything. Am I missing something?

Mine doesn't work either - it ran overnight - didn't keep the correct time and when I set the time it stopped working for good - really a bad omen. I'm sending mine back - lesson learned.

[i]tony peters[i]

tonypeters

vawolf1 wrote:Got Mine today too. Anybody know how to remove the writing on the reverse crystal side. It doesn't seem to be a decal. Is it on the inside? It's not shown in thw woot images so I assume it comes off some how. Any ideas?

It's laser etched on the inside of the glass like the divers helmut on the front - get used to it

[i]tony peters[i]

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ewidener21 wrote:I received mine yesterday, just opened it today, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Have you pinged service@woot.com - hopefully you didn't get a busted item somehow!

I'm just hanging out, really.

vawolf1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vawolf1

I thought the samething with mine until I realized I was winding it in the wrong direction. Turn the knob CLOCKWISE to wind it. You can see the tension spring tighten up as you turn the knob.

jpcrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpcrow

Got mine yesterday, looks great and works great. If I had one criticism it is that the buckle does not always lie flat unless you tighten the strap tighter than I prefer. This does not affect the usability of the strap though, so it's a minor irritation.

baghtal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baghtal

Mine came in. Looks great! But after winding it does nothing

I watched the tension spring coil as i was winding so I know i was winding it the right way. pulled it out a click to set the time, clicked back in... still no tick-tock

DOA Watch sucks

mike607

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mike607
ROGETRAY wrote:Click "Your Account" in the top right corner and then "Purchase History" on that page. This should help you find your shipping updates for each order you have purchased. If you are unable to find any shipping info, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to help you track your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Well since the the "shipping updates" Just changed today and it was shipped 3 days ago your "tip" is useless. As for sending a note to service@woot that's another waste of time since I did that 4 days ago and did not receive a reply.

ROGETRAY

Staff

mike607 wrote:Well since the the "shipping updates" Just changed today and it was shipped 3 days ago your "tip" is useless. As for sending a note to service@woot that's another waste of time since I did that 4 days ago and did not receive a reply.

You should also check your Spam folder as many replies can sometimes be filtered by your email service provider.

Either case, I have forwarded your issue onto Member Services to help you find a resolve.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

tonypeters

inkycatz wrote:Have you pinged service@woot.com - hopefully you didn't get a busted item somehow!

Return it, it's a crappy left handed Chinese movement. Mine worked for 8 hrs and died.

[i]tony peters[i]

tonypeters

baghtal wrote:Mine came in. Looks great! But after winding it does nothing

I watched the tension spring coil as i was winding so I know i was winding it the right way. pulled it out a click to set the time, clicked back in... still no tick-tock

DOA Watch sucks

Watch looks great but is a cheap Chinese movement. Mine doesn't,t work either.

[i]tony peters[i]

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

mike607 wrote:Well since the the "shipping updates" Just changed today and it was shipped 3 days ago your "tip" is useless. As for sending a note to service@woot that's another waste of time since I did that 4 days ago and did not receive a reply.

It looks like we replied back to you on 09/08. We'll resend the email. Just as a precaution, maybe check your junkmail folder to see if our emails are ending up there.

tonypeters

Why is it I can't get Woot to give me an RMA number so I can return the crappy watch I bought that doesn't work????? After clearly stating the watch doesn't work and I want a full refund plus $5 Priority shipping to return the item - the only reply back was a question as to what was wrong with the watch! Seriously - you have to be kidding me - I'm obviously not the only sucker who bought this "lefty" watch - thanks for NOT mentioning that - that has a chinese movement NOT a Swiss movement. Please give me my Money back - I worked hard for it and if I knew Invicta was a crappy watch maker who jobs out their watches to China I would have never bought it.

[i]tony peters[i]

ROGETRAY

Staff

tonypeters wrote:Why is it I can't get Woot to give me an RMA number so I can return the crappy watch I bought that doesn't work????? After clearly stating the watch doesn't work and I want a full refund plus $5 Priority shipping to return the item - the only reply back was a question as to what was wrong with the watch! Seriously - you have to be kidding me - I'm obviously not the only sucker who bought this "lefty" watch - thanks for NOT mentioning that - that has a chinese movement NOT a Swiss movement. Please give me my Money back - I worked hard for it and if I knew Invicta was a crappy watch maker who jobs out their watches to China I would have never bought it.

I've forwarded your post onto Member Services. Please email us at service@woot.com, and if you already have, please check your SPAM folder as a response may have filtered by your email provider.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

tonypeters wrote:Why is it I can't get Woot to give me an RMA number so I can return the crappy watch I bought that doesn't work????? After clearly stating the watch doesn't work and I want a full refund plus $5 Priority shipping to return the item - the only reply back was a question as to what was wrong with the watch! Seriously - you have to be kidding me - I'm obviously not the only sucker who bought this "lefty" watch - thanks for NOT mentioning that - that has a chinese movement NOT a Swiss movement. Please give me my Money back - I worked hard for it and if I knew Invicta was a crappy watch maker who jobs out their watches to China I would have never bought it.

Sorry you haven't heard back. I see that we replied to your original email, but we didn't get a response.

I see that you did email in on 09/13 and we'll reply to that one.