3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Invicta Russian Diver Skeleton Watch
$89.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

Dang it!!!
I'm not russian.

nmpls

quality posts: 21 Private Messages nmpls

Just because the manufacturer lists a crazy MSRP that no one ever sells for doesn't make it a real price.
This is a $200 watch at best.

Artfires

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artfires

Why would I want a watch made from a Russian diver's skeleton? What's that? Oh, never mind.

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload

What is that chain? It's not addressed in the description.

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

nmpls

quality posts: 21 Private Messages nmpls

*Cough*
http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-1846-Mechanical-Skeleton-Polyurethane/dp/B006DHZS1U

Not saying $70 off isn't a good deal, but this isn't a $1000 watch.

[MOD: *cough* They have the same list price as we show though.]

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus
mboverload wrote:What is that chain? It's not addressed in the description.

yes it is. It's a mechanical wind-up driven watch, that chain attaches to to cap so you don't lose it

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

Ah, the wristwatch. You know, the wristwatch was inwented in Russia.

linkdude64

quality posts: 7 Private Messages linkdude64

Man, I would have snatched this thing right up if it were a chronometer. I was researching watches just the other day, and chronometers have an interesting history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronometer_watch

This is a cool read too.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip_100/148_fashion_advice.html

andocommanndo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andocommanndo
alanhwoot wrote:Ah, the wristwatch. You know, the wristwatch was inwented in Russia.

Ahh.. the wistwatch was inwented in Wussia

drummingcraig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages drummingcraig

It attaches the screw down crown cap to the watch so you don't lose it. Also doubles as a bracelet for a really, really small person.

So are we gonna kick it - Gonna kick it woot down - Gonna break it all down - Gonna kick it woot down!

mlpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlpuckett

Do you think the silver/black model is really self winding or is that a typo? All of the others have mechanical wind mechanisms...

[MOD: I'm checking.]

mkmiller

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mkmiller

Serious question woot. All of them say mechanical wind except the silver one. Is that the case or it the only one that is truly self winding (kinetic)?

[MOD: I'm checking.]

• 4/1/07 $1,000,000 Random carp
  • 3/10/07 Logitech Harmony 659
  • 12/25/06 Random carp
  • 11/6/06 iRobot Roomba Discovery SE
  • 10/12/06 Seagate 250GB SATA HD
  • 9/29/06 Vector JumpStart Sys
  • 9/14/06 LaCrosse Wrist BP monitor
  • 9/13/06 Razer Diamondback Chameleon Mouse
  • 8/17/06 Dirt Devil VacnMop
  • 8/6/06 Hamilton Beach 4qt Ice Cream Maker
  • 8/4/06 Netgear WPN824 Wireless Router
  • 8/1/06 Logitech Cordless XBOX headset 2pk
  • 7/18/06 Cobra FRS/GMRS Radio 2pk

huja

quality posts: 3 Private Messages huja

Per the specs, the Invicta 1843 / silver with black is an AUTO SELF-WIND movement while the others are all mechanical HAND-WIND movements. I don't think that is correct - at least based on the photo of the Invicta 1843 / Silver with Black showing the back crystal which has no winder and looks exactly like the other models.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

Okay... Let's be serious. This is not a thousand dollar watch, so just stay calm everyone. This watch is "worth" however much you want to spend for a big hunk of manly costume jewelry that also keeps time. The highest price that a gullible buyer might pay to obtain this monstrosity elsewhere would be about $400, but it's routinely available for about $100 to $150, so this woot offering is actually a good deal -- if you want this watch.

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
mlpuckett wrote:Do you think the silver/black model is really self winding or is that a typo? All of the others have mechanical wind mechanisms...

In Soviet Russia watch winds you!

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

mkmiller

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mkmiller

Amazon says the 1843 is self wind, and the 1844 is mechanical.

• 4/1/07 $1,000,000 Random carp
  • 3/10/07 Logitech Harmony 659
  • 12/25/06 Random carp
  • 11/6/06 iRobot Roomba Discovery SE
  • 10/12/06 Seagate 250GB SATA HD
  • 9/29/06 Vector JumpStart Sys
  • 9/14/06 LaCrosse Wrist BP monitor
  • 9/13/06 Razer Diamondback Chameleon Mouse
  • 8/17/06 Dirt Devil VacnMop
  • 8/6/06 Hamilton Beach 4qt Ice Cream Maker
  • 8/4/06 Netgear WPN824 Wireless Router
  • 8/1/06 Logitech Cordless XBOX headset 2pk
  • 7/18/06 Cobra FRS/GMRS Radio 2pk

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr
wallsg wrote:In Soviet Russia watch winds you!

In Soviet Russia Diver Skeleton Watches You! KGB is EVERYWHERE, Tovaresh!

urocyon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urocyon

>Invicta
>$995.00 List Price

BAHAHAHA!

>Diver Watch
>Water-resistant to 50 M (165 feet)

S-s-stop, yer killin me!

--
Forgive me, Vixy. I was young, in love, and had a spare bomb!

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

Apparently Russian divers are terrible, as this watch is only rated water resistant to 50m... "diver" watches in this, retail price ranger are rated to, at least, 200m

tech stuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tech stuff

are these watches for left-handers? usually the winding mechanism is on the right side of the watch and worn on the left wrist (for right handers). hmmmm.....

cosmin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmin
wallsg wrote:In Soviet Russia watch winds you!

actually, it should be:
In Soviet Russia watch wind you!

mark the proper grammar (since in Soviet Russia grammar mark you)

ok, I stop now.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
tech stuff wrote:are these watches for left-handers? usually the winding mechanism is on the right side of the watch and worn on the left wrist (for right handers). hmmmm.....

Nice catch, either that or, they were put together upside down.....

acedude4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages acedude4

Wish we could figure out the winding debate. That would sway me

keithshoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keithshoe

Amazon village people love it.

Amazon reviews

I have another Invicta and wear it every day. Good watch.

Thinking about pulling the trigger, but this is a Beast and I do not have small wimpy wrist to mount on either.

SanDisk Sansa e250 2GB Media Player
Jumbo Junkie Universal Jumbo Remote Control – 2 Pack
3M Filtrete Air Purifier
Nike Sport Kit Carrying Case for MP3 Players – 2 Pack
Pioneer 1080p Upconverting DVD Player with HDMI output

peterabbits

quality posts: 3 Private Messages peterabbits

A google search pulled up at least three different websites that list as manual wind.

wootakane

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wootakane

In the more-or-less agreed upon quasi-standard terminology used by watch companies, 50m water resistance means you're probably OK to wash your hands while wearing it, as long as you don't hold it directly under the faucet too long. With a case almost two-thirds of an inch thick, I wish the Invicta boys could have found space for an o-ring or two that would get them to 200m. I've been looking for a self-winding mechanical watch, but a "Diver" watch that I wouldn't feel comfortable swimming with just isn't worth the Westclox form factor.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
peterabbits wrote:A google search pulled up at least three different websites that list as manual wind.

Or...you can just look at the photos of the watch backs and see that none have a self-winding mechanism.

jbw072287

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbw072287
linkdude64 wrote:Man, I would have snatched this thing right up if it were a chronometer. I was researching watches just the other day, and chronometers have an interesting history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronometer_watch

This is a cool read too.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip_100/148_fashion_advice.html

Most of those watches are at least $5k though, so I doubt you are going to find one for $90

acedude4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages acedude4
StanleyS wrote:Or...you can just look at the photos of the watch backs and see that none have a self-winding mechanism.

touche. thanks

HughHemington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages HughHemington

Brought to you by the people who built the K19 and Kursk! Spared no expense. No really, this time they mean it.

And who was the genius who decided to apply the term "skeleton" to a diver's watch?

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

In Russia, there is no such thing as over-spec'ing. A 50m watch is used up to the depth of 50m. That is why nobody could go down to the Kursk, since nobody had a 100m watch.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
HughHemington wrote:And who was the genius who decided to apply the term "skeleton" to a diver's watch?

Without a second hand, the only way they will know it is still running is to stare at the gears to make sure at least one of them is turning. Don't want to run out of air because your planned 30min dive turned out into an out of air situation because the watch hand didn't move.

harlanhu28

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harlanhu28

It will help me time my next Crazy Ivan!

xaveng3rx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xaveng3rx

I bought this watch (all black) about 3 months ago on amazon.com for $151. Cheapest I could find at the time... This is my dream watch and it works great. I only use it for fancy occasions. If you wind it all the way, it lasts about 2 days. Its mechanical because its the 50th anniversary series watch for Invicta, which means when they started, they didn't use batteries. also, this watch isn't worth $995. Its worth $1395. If you don't believe, buy one and check the plastic Invicta Logo price tag. It is obviously a waterproof watch, so It needs a cap on the crank/knob so it can protect the insides of the watch from water damage. The chain is so you don't lose the cap and it looks nice. It comes with a warranty and a beautiful yellow watch box.

iteststuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iteststuff

This is a dive watch. It is rated to 165 feet. The pressure at that depth is 5x greater than the air at sea level.

As a side note, according to US Navy dive tables, it would require a minimum of 12 minutes to safely surface from this depth. If this watch can truly handle such a depth, this is a cool watch.

In order to wind the watch, it looks like you must first remove the cover for the "winder thingy". This cover helps ensure that the intense water pressure does not burst the seals and flood the watch.

The chain would prevent you from losing the cover.

...of course that's just my opinion.

haltse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haltse
nmpls wrote:Just because the manufacturer lists a crazy MSRP that no one ever sells for doesn't make it a real price.
This is a $200 watch at best.

It's,at best, about an $89 watch, like object. So many reasons to call this dive style because with no bezel or numerals it's akin to calling a soap box racer a car. As to the hyperbole from the writing bot to claim superior materials..really polyurethane? Whatever floats your boat but if it sinks this watch ain't likely to come out of it too well. MSRP on invictas are always insane to make it look like you are getting a bargain , pretty poor woot.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Invicta is notorious for selling $50 watches at outrageous mark up prices. Most of their watches in this price category are less reliable than a Timex.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey All!

I'm trying to get some information on the movement for Model 1843 (Silver with Black) to see if it's Mechanical Hand Wind like the others. Unfortunately, it'll might be morning before I can get that information.

UPDATE: All watches are mechanical "hand wind" movements. Sorry for the inconvenience on the model mentioned above.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders