WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Office Sweet Office

Odds are good, you're not going to be bringing these things to your REAL office. But you could use a nice office at home. Imagine: tax deductions, increased productivity, a rush of power when you yell STAY OUT THIS ROOM IS MINE! Not since your childhood treehouse have you had so much control! It's not just a place to work. It's a place that's yours.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

How is your home office set up? Have you got this printer, or any impressions to share on the gear presented?

I'm just hanging out, really.

ramkum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ramkum

For anyone considering the HP Pavilion, its actually a nettop in the body of a desktop. You can upgrade the memory (replacing existing sticks) and the hard drive, but that's it. You cannot add a new graphics card or do any further expansion that you might expect from a desktop.

ramkum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ramkum

Also, I recommend the 16GB Kingston HyperX RAM, but with the shipping charge, this isn't any cheaper than Amazon for the same kind of memory. Also, for anyone interested in knowing the WEI scores, these are CL10 1600MHz and will score a Memory WEI of 7.8. You need a CL9 1600MHz to score a full 7.9.

andrewhallze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andrewhallze

damn does this RAM sing, I upgraded from their ddr2 line when i got my new motherboard and boy is this stuff quick! Like liquid lighting quick. Kingston has proven themselves yet again with this offering, try it (if its the rights speed/size) and i can assure you won't be disappointed.

beautyofmachines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines

Dear woot: Please do not put items in the picture that aren't actually included in the sale. Case in point: the very prominently displayed wireless phone headset. Not the first time this has happened either. Call me a "sucker" for clicking on the image and bringing me to the sale but I was hoping to see the headset next to a price and buy button since mine sucks.

/rant

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

beautyofmachines wrote:Dear woot: Please do not put items in the picture that aren't actually included in the sale. Case in point: the very prominently displayed wireless phone headset. Not the first time this has happened either. Call me a "sucker" for clicking on the image and bringing me to the sale but I was hoping to see the headset next to a price and buy button since mine sucks.

/rant

Sorry about that. Those photos are shot in advance and the sale can change at the last minute if an item isn't received in time or sells out unexpectedly via other sales.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

alanhwoot

quality posts: 39 Private Messages alanhwoot
ramkum wrote:For anyone considering the HP Pavilion, its actually a nettop in the body of a desktop. You can upgrade the memory (replacing existing sticks) and the hard drive, but that's it. You cannot add a new graphics card or do any further expansion that you might expect from a desktop.

Yep. As I note every time Woot offers it, it combines the power of a netbook with the portability of a desktop.

So yeah, even at $200 this is not a great deal. The case is comically empty.

nb109

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nb109

I bought two of the monitors when Woot sold them last time. One works fine and is a great display, but the second one had some internal issue resulting in the OSD constantly popping up and randomly messing with the settings. Most commonly, it would switch inputs back and forth. Even if I locked the OSD, it still popped up with a "OSD locked" message constantly.

Woot is replacing it now, but it cost me freaking $28 bucks to send back, so be advised.

casagreaves

quality posts: 1 Private Messages casagreaves

The Kodak Hero 5.1 is a POS and Kodak's "support" in India is a joke. The printer connects to the wireless network then drops the signal and freezes after 5 minutes. Total junk, IMHO.

Golf11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Golf11
ThunderThighs wrote:or sells out unexpectedly via other sales.

Other sales? What other sales...you holding out on us?

Maniacmous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Maniacmous

Really wish you had more than one laptop. My laptop decided to kick the bucket late last week and I missed out on all the good Labor Day deals. Saw the one posted and got excited, until I saw sold out. Less pumped when I saw it was sold out after only one person bought.

shifuimam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shifuimam

The RAM really isn't a good deal...a quick Newegg search shows that the same specs can be had for $79 shipped...and the exact Kingston RAM here is $85 shipped.

RAM is RAM. It all has a lifetime warranty and it all comes from the same handful of manufacturers - kinda like LCD panels.

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
andrewhallze wrote:...I upgraded from their ddr2 line when i got my new motherboard and boy is this stuff quick! Like liquid lighting quick. ...

What is liquid lighting? Is that like lava lamps? I'm assuming you meant liquid lightning. Even still, wouldn't liquid lightning be slower than normal lightning? I was going to buy the RAM, but I don't want something that is as slow as a liquid.

excallq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages excallq

Bought the AOC 23" LED monitor for $124.99 in a Woot-Off in June. Was a bit annoying to set up, as you have to kinda muscle the stand into place with enough force to get the damned thing to move, but not so much force that you break the cheap plastic, as the input connections and buttons are all in the stand.

Once it was in place, though, it's been a very nice monitor for the price.

eric8341

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eric8341
beautyofmachines wrote:Dear woot: Please do not put items in the picture that aren't actually included in the sale. Case in point: the very prominently displayed wireless phone headset. Not the first time this has happened either. Call me a "sucker" for clicking on the image and bringing me to the sale but I was hoping to see the headset next to a price and buy button since mine sucks.

/rant

Sadly the headset isn't even for a phone or any other standard "office equipment"... it's an XBox accessory!
http://tech.woot.com/offers/motorola-gaming-headset-for-xbox-360

Theevilrp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Theevilrp

woot, when are you going to get around to shipping items bought 3 days ago?