4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LG 47" 1080p LED HDTV
$499.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

acaraway1988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acaraway1988

but will it have different shipping than last time you had lg led hdtv bc last time i heard that was a mess.

[MOD: We have worked with our vendors to improve the shipping boxes & packing. However, if there is a problem, email service@woot.com and they will take care of you.]

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

C|net's take on it.

More reviews.

firebeyer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages firebeyer

The prices on these LED HD TVs are becoming super reasonable, to bad I'm moving in 2 months. Seems so pointless to buy a new tv just to risk breaking it while moving across the country.

absdmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages absdmc

No internet access = no deal.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." ~ Abraham Lincoln~"

Saleem

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Saleem

I bought mine new on amazon for $677 a year ago and it was a great deal at the time. I've been very happy with the picture quality and everything on this TV except the sound. As with many thin LED or LCD TVs, the speakers are really tinny and lacking.

Even a $29 set of 2.1 Logitech speakers will make your experience much better, but of course a $250 soundbar+sub or $500 5.1 system gets better and better. Do something for sound but I say go for it!

britinichu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages britinichu

This is the almost the same TV that I have except mine has the (useless) SmartTV extras.

--useless for me, since I prefer the XBox interface for Hulu and Netflix--

I like this TV! I keep TruMotion totally turned off. If I could go back and not buy my Smart expensive TV and buy this Woot refurbished one instead, I would need a time machine! But I would do it! And then I would bring the TV back to last year, because I really like having this big TV in my living room.

cyborg23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cyborg23
absdmc wrote:No internet access = no deal.

get a separate box if you want internet, bundled things always sucks anyway, you don't want a computer to be bundled with the tv

cyborg23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cyborg23

i bought this a month ago, http://www.woot.com/offers/lg-47-or-55-1080p-120hz-led-hdtv , everything was fine, only took a couple of days to get here

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne

I'm not sure if I have this exact tv, but it has identical specs (and even cost the same, but because it was a walmart display model).

Great TV, I really like it. I've had it several months now, and even after months of constantly being on (at walmart) the picture is still nice and vibrant. I have to say, though, more often than not the TruMotion feature just makes things look odd and choppy and I just turn it off.

However that might just be because I'm not watching the kind of thing that might benefit from it.

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

Like others, it does nothing for me if it has no internet connectivity. i bought a 46" vizio with smart apps and all the whistles and bells from amazon for $550 brand new about 8 months ago. this would have been my 5th 42"+ but looks like i have to wait till black friday.

ibobafett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibobafett
searchneverend wrote:Like others, it does nothing for me if it has no internet connectivity. i bought a 46" vizio with smart apps and all the whistles and bells from amazon for $550 brand new about 8 months ago. this would have been my 5th 42"+ but looks like i have to wait till black friday.

Why in the world would you need another TV then?

BER3N

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BER3N

Woot is again being lazy with the pictures, the important pictures. Here is a side view:

tyler530chico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyler530chico

i bought a 37" VIZIO at the last woot off...It never arrived because the Fed-Ex shipment tracker said it was damaged in transit and being returned....WOOT, please wrap this baby up better.!! yours truly, the man with no tv. Still...

polosport8462

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polosport8462

Is this a smart TV???

searchneverend

ibobafett wrote:Why in the world would you need another TV then?

Becoz i have 6 rooms and only 4 big tvs. I still need 2 more to complete what i always wanted. You see when i was growing up i didnt had all those flashy toys as other kids and all the new stuff so i promised when i grow up and got a good job i'll make sure to get all i wanted. yes it may seem stupid but im gonna do all those things i wrote on my list. Like eventually climbing Mt. Everest, i'll wait that one another 40-50 years, i'm only 25 lol.

searchneverend

polosport8462 wrote:Is this a smart TV???

Nope, its really dumb Tv. But it will follow everything you tell him to do with a push of a button on that remote it comes with.

benrenfro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benrenfro

You do see the irony in your statement rite? Im guessing if you keep buying frivolously your kids are going to grow up with the same goals.....having a TV in every room.
I know it seems like I am being a little mean but its actually backhanded advice.

searchneverend wrote:Becoz i have 6 rooms and only 4 big tvs. I still need 2 more to complete what i always wanted. You see when i was growing up i didnt had all those flashy toys as other kids and all the new stuff so i promised when i grow up and got a good job i'll make sure to get all i wanted. yes it may seem stupid but im gonna do all those things i wrote on my list. Like eventually climbing Mt. Everest, i'll wait that one another 40-50 years, i'm only 25 lol.

Capn' Curious

victorvaliant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages victorvaliant

i bought this TV brand new 6 months ago knowing exactly what i was getting (and wanting) - a large LED picture, non-3d, non-smart TV with great picture. sound didn't matter since i was going to use a home stereo system. the sound on the TV itself is indeed awful - even my wife, who rarely notices technology difference, made a comment on it.

i have a blu-ray player with smart tv features, so i do have a "smart tv." like i mentioned, this is not a 3d-TV, but i am waiting for the non-glasses 3D TVs to arrive before considering 3D. (i don't like to watch TV with glasses on my face.)

Picture is great. If that is the only thing you're looking for, this has it. you can make up for smarts and sound with other components.

benrenfro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benrenfro

I dont know for sure, I believe "smart" is in the eye of the beholder, but, I will tell you that It just balanced the budget in a bill that had bipartisan support and was signed into law last week. Plus it plays a mean game of twister.....
(sorry in advance for the onslaught of pop quiz retorts that are soon to follow but it ill be worth it to see if this community has any of its historically witty and ridiculously random wooters still checking in.)

polosport8462 wrote:Is this a smart TV???

Capn' Curious

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
acaraway1988 wrote:but will it have different shipping than last time you had lg led hdtv bc last time i heard that was a mess.

[MOD: We have worked with our vendors to improve the shipping boxes & packing. However, if there is a problem, email service@woot.com and they will take care of you.]

No way, service@woot.com DOES NOT take responsibility even when they send out defective/broken merchandise. Service@woot.com will ignore your emails.

searchneverend

benrenfro wrote:You do see the irony in your statement rite? Im guessing if you keep buying frivolously your kids are going to grow up with the same goals.....having a TV in every room.
I know it seems like I am being a little mean but its actually backhanded advice.

No, you're been perfectly fine with what you're saying and I do see the irony but I'm not planning on having kids, ever. Not even by mistake lol. I'm a member of big brother and big sister club that i donate to, so I have no viable reason to have a kid of my own. Oh and i don't tell them about my crazy lil habits. Everyone has a personal life lol. I'm sure you must spend on something you don't necessarily need but you like!!!

Achromatter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Achromatter

Hi,

Could someone that has this model please tell me if there's any information on the the TV itself, like on a label somewhere, what the actual power draw is?

For some reason LG doesn't list this in their specs anywhere, not even in the manual which I just downloaded, it just says energy-star qualified. My 37" Vizio clearly shows < 74-watts, and the 40" Samsungs we use at work show 180-watts.

TiA

parkwaydrive1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parkwaydrive1976

What exactly are the cons of buying a refurbished TV? Obviously a pro is the price. Thanks for any help.

thespiansmc

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thespiansmc
cyborg23 wrote:get a separate box if you want internet, bundled things always sucks anyway, you don't want a computer to be bundled with the tv

this. I frankly have no idea why anyone would want bundled internet. It costs a chunk more, and then when something nifty new develops, you still wind up needing an external box.

I felt the same when I was looking at the IKEA Uppleva; why on earth would you spend that sort of money for what is, essentially, a cabinet tv?

thespiansmc

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thespiansmc
Achromatter wrote:Hi,

Could someone that has this model please tell me if there's any information on the the TV itself, like on a label somewhere, what the actual power draw is?

For some reason LG doesn't list this in their specs anywhere, not even in the manual which I just downloaded, it just says energy-star qualified. My 37" Vizio clearly shows < 74-watts, and the 40" Samsungs we use at work show 180-watts.

TiA

There is a copy of the energy star sticker here, is that what you want? http://www.lg.com/us/products/documents/LG%2047LV4400%20Energy%20Guide.pdf

For others, the manual and other product info is here: http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LV4400

searchneverend

parkwaydrive1976 wrote:What exactly are the cons of buying a refurbished TV? Obviously a pro is the price. Thanks for any help.

The fact that refurbished one comes with only 90 days of warranty Vs. one year for a new one. Getting extended warranty will cost you another $75 which is gonna add to the price. and after that one year you're SOL vs if u buy new you can get upto 5 years of extended warranty directly from manufacturer(some allows only 3 years of extended warranty). And buy refurb, specially online, chances are you might get one with a dead pixel vs a new one that you can actually see for yourself before you buy one.

searchneverend

Just and FYI: This TV has only one HDMI port which can be a deal breaker for some. Specially for those with a console and a sound system.

[MOD: There are 3 HDMI ports - two on the back, one on the side]

Achromatter

thespiansmc wrote:There is a copy of the energy star sticker here, is that what you want? http://www.lg.com/us/products/documents/LG%2047LV4400%20Energy%20Guide.pdf

For others, the manual and other product info is here: http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LV4400

Thanks for the energy star sticker, it's helpful, but I'd like to know how many watts of power it would actually draw, that's usually on a label, physically on the TV, along with model-#, etc.

Achromatter

...For example, my 37" Vizio says it uses 74-watts, but I've seen 32" TVs from various Mfgrs here that state they draw as much as 204-watts, that's a significant difference, and a big difference on the electrical bill.

mktglisa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mktglisa
searchneverend wrote:Just and FYI: This TV has only one HDMI port which can be a deal breaker for some. Specially for those with a console and a sound system.

Actually, it has 3 hdmi ports. Two on the side and one in the back. Just look at the pix. You can clearly see them.

kitamiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitamiman

Given the 90-day warranty, buyers should know that this set may have issues - see http://www.amazon.com/LG-47LV4400-1080p-120Hz-Bundle/dp/B0081SMNX0 -

erockem

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erockem

I got this new last year at Christmas. Love it, crystal clear, beautiful colors. Using it with a Yamaha receiver & hdmi. Then plugged into the Yamaha is a Sony Blu-ray, 360, digital cable box, media PC.

Every source looks wonderful. If I didn't have one and knew the quality I would get from it, I would take the chance on this refurb.

The only thing that I had an issue with, is my harmony remote which had this model, but some buttons were different (power, source) but a quick reprogram / everything going though the Yamaha fixed it.

thecorb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thecorb
searchneverend wrote:Becoz i have 6 rooms and only 4 big tvs. I still need 2 more to complete what i always wanted. You see when i was growing up i didnt had all those flashy toys as other kids and all the new stuff so i promised when i grow up and got a good job i'll make sure to get all i wanted. yes it may seem stupid but im gonna do all those things i wrote on my list. Like eventually climbing Mt. Everest, i'll wait that one another 40-50 years, i'm only 25 lol.

You were lucky. I had 25 brothers and we all lived under a small twig in a hole in the middle of the road...

thecorb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thecorb
Achromatter wrote:Hi,

TiA

Actually, the specs list this TV as only "Enery Star" certified, which is different.

Also, the volume on this one goes to 11.

deathopie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages deathopie

Just to give you an idea of what I've been going through with an LG purchase from Woot. I bought the 47" 3D smart tv version from Woot a couple of months ago. When I took it out of the box (not an original box) the plastic piece that connects the base to the back of the tv was broken into 3 pieces. I immediately filled out the repair request form that was in the box and emailed it to the address on the form. I then decided, screw it and bought the piece I needed off of ebay for $25. No problems with tv otherwise. Then about 3 weeks later a whole new tv arrives from LG (also a refurb). I pack up the original tv and send it off and use the new one. Well this one has had numerous issues. The repair guy got authorization to replace the screen and the main board (pretty much the only part left is the P/S board). I'm attempting to get them to send me another whole new tv. This one is a lemon.

ultrawolf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ultrawolf
Achromatter wrote:Thanks for the energy star sticker, it's helpful, but I'd like to know how many watts of power it would actually draw, that's usually on a label, physically on the TV, along with model-#, etc.

Based on the 5 hours per day and 153 kWh per year listed on the sticker, it draws 84 Watts. But it's going to depend on how bright you set the TVs backlight.

ultrawolf

HonkyTonkHero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HonkyTonkHero

It's one louder! Brilliant

thecorb wrote:Actually, the specs list this TV as only "Enery Star" certified, which is different.

Also, the volume on this one goes to 11.

wrparks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wrparks
ultrawolf wrote:Based on the 5 hours per day and 153 kWh per year listed on the sticker, it draws 84 Watts. But it's going to depend on how bright you set the TVs backlight.

Whoa now, we will have none of that math stuff here. My god man, it's like you think energy star uses a formula so comparisons between models are realistic!

BTW, I have this model, or one very, very close.

I get certain weird artifacts in facial movements on shows like Modern family. Very twitchy. Actually, almost the entire ABC lineup coming in over broadcast (antennae) does it. Never see it on another channel and don't notice it on my other (admittedly smaller) tv's. Setting trumotion off makes it less noticeable, but I swear sometimes I still see it.

It can be annoying. Otherwise great tv. Movies, games, etc all look great. Just broadcast ABC, which makes me wonder if maybe ABC is doing something weird and it isn't the tv....