WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Tablet Rasa

Imagine a magical box that put the whole world in your hand. No, go on! Imagine it! What's the matter? Don't you want to imagine it? Okay, fine. I'll just go use my tablet instead. Maybe I'll even get online and talk to my REAL friends. Hmph.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Feel free to accessorize our knowledge with reviews on these gadgets and gizmos!

I'm just hanging out, really.

relxerd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages relxerd

I love my HP tablet. I had Android 4.0 installed on it and use it in college for all my digital books. I honestly have never used WebOS so I can't comment on it. It is fast and easy to use. Found a case/stand for $15. I managed to crack the screen and order a new one. Replaced it myself (thanks to some online videos) and a $20 auction site kit. Overall I'm extremely happy with the touchpad. I initially started looking for one when I saw it on Woot over the summer. But when I went back to order it that evening after work, they were sold out. If you're on the fence about this tablet, just get it now!

cpf41880

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpf41880

Does anyone know if it's compatible with TV via bluetooth too??

cutier33

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cutier33
relxerd wrote:I love my HP tablet. I had Android 4.0 installed on it and use it in college for all my digital books.

Can you advise on the instructions you used to install ICS and if all the components worked with it? Was it dual boot? I have used mine with Web OS for a year now, and think I am finally ready to update to Android, but wanted to make sure I have reliable and complete instructions, so I don't brick my favorite toy.

Marichele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marichele

At least you can charge your tab while the cover is closed.

Marichele

asiancoolio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asiancoolio

Is this compatible with the Acer Iconia A500?

jasonking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasonking

Does anyone know if the Logitech keyboard case fits the Galaxy 2 tablets, or only the original Galaxy?

lstaff

quality posts: 197 Private Messages lstaff

I got three different BUILT neoprene cases recently, and they are all extremely well made and protective of my electronics.

Great quality, so if you need a tablet sleeve, don't hesitate to buy it!

kruce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kruce
cutier33 wrote:Can you advise on the instructions you used to install ICS and if all the components worked with it? Was it dual boot? I have used mine with Web OS for a year now, and think I am finally ready to update to Android, but wanted to make sure I have reliable and complete instructions, so I don't brick my favorite toy.

http://liliputing.com/2012/01/how-to-install-android-4-0-on-the-hp-touchpad-cyanogenmod-9-alpha.html

You will dual boot. The true nightlies are found here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21871-rom-official-cyanogenmod-9-nightly-build-discussion/

If you use the most recent nightly, I believe that you'll have to rename the file to "update-xxxxxxx" in order for it to work at the first flash. It might be easier to DL and initially flash from the older version found in the DL link, and then update to nightlies directly on the TP itself (via CWM).

alysseumwarrior

quality posts: 13 Private Messages alysseumwarrior

I just got that motorola blutooth keyboard in today.

I am using it with a mac laptop that is always hooked up to my 55 inch LG tv.

First impressions:

Nice size and good enough design. The keys feel nice. Not bad for $30.

The trackpad mouse is not very high quality. Don't expect anything like the nice glass track pads on an apple device. It says it supports gestures but I can't get anything to be recognized by default on my macbook pro. I cannot two finger scroll.

Two finger click does right click though.

The track pad itself is a button, so you can tap to click or press down to click.

The trackpad feels plastic and sometimes as drag my finger across it it fails to recognize my finger unless I make a fail amount of content with it. You need to press down slightly, you cat just drag your fingers across it.

It does not come with software and the sensitivity is very very slow right now. I have my "mouse" sensitivity int he control panel jacked all the way up and it takes about 2.3 swipes across the track pad to get all the way across the screen at full sensitivity. I am looking into a 3rd party prefpane that will boost the sensitivity.

So far that is the biggest issue for me, it isn't very sensitive and the track pad doesn't do two finger scrolling or gestures on a mac.

Great for a media center on the tv because it is one device for mouse and keyboard, but I wouldn't pay more than this price here.

Good deal at this price, but expect the quality at around $45, and certainly not $70.

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 5 Private Messages testudoaubreii

Aw man, the JBL is $5 cheaper than last time (8/19)!

cpf41880

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpf41880
alysseumwarrior wrote:
Great for a media center on the tv because it is one device for mouse and keyboard, but I wouldn't pay more than this price here.

Thanks very much for the info. So I'm assuming it'll work on a web/smart TV as long as we can pair it using blue tooth?

runwilder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runwilder

Buyer beware: I ordered the Cyber Acoustics Kindle Cover back in June and it has permanently marked spots on my white Kindle keyboard. I assume that this is the poor quality of the felt material on the inside of the case. While the case is handy and I do like it, it will ruin the look of your white Kindle. Because the marks are dark, graphite Kindles are probably safe.

cutier33

kruce wrote:http://liliputing.com/2012/01/how-to-install-android-4-0-on-the-hp-touchpad-cyanogenmod-9-alpha.html

You will dual boot. The true nightlies are found here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21871-rom-official-cyanogenmod-9-nightly-build-discussion/

If you use the most recent nightly, I believe that you'll have to rename the file to "update-xxxxxxx" in order for it to work at the first flash. It might be easier to DL and initially flash from the older version found in the DL link, and then update to nightlies directly on the TP itself (via CWM).

Thannks so much - I will look into this tonight and hopefully find the courage to finally try it out.
Signed,
Way over cautious!

damianesteves

quality posts: 1 Private Messages damianesteves

I received the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard yesterday, from last week's Woot.
The keyboard itself is very nice and comfortable to type on. The Android keys are all working on my Galaxy S3. The keyboard doesn't feel cramped while maintaining a small footprint.
However, the weight and thickness of the keyboard are more than expected. It is about as heavy as a tablet/ultrabook so it will weigh down your bag, and because of the slide-out touchpad, ends up being pretty thick too.

Speaking of the touchpad, it is terrible. I used it both in Android and in Windows 7. The sensitivity is very very slow, taking 4 swipes to get through phone's screen, and on Windows adjusting sensitivity doesn't help much. The multitouch gestures did not seem to work, and even pointing accurately required very hard presses. I notice the cursor is a bit skippy, so I think the flaws might be caused by a low refresh rate (to save battery life over bluetooth).

Aside from the near-useless touchpad, I am happy with it. Sturdy, comfy, looks good.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
lstaff wrote:I got three different BUILT neoprene cases recently, and they are all extremely well made and protective of my electronics.

Great quality, so if you need a tablet sleeve, don't hesitate to buy it!

Yeah, I recently got a cute, striped Built netbook cover from Woot, and I'm using it w/ the HP Touchpad, inside the HP case/stand. I know it's a bit like using a belt plus suspenders, but I wanted something with more padding for my commute. It's a snug fit, but not a difficult one.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
cutier33 wrote:Thannks so much - I will look into this tonight and hopefully find the courage to finally try it out.
Signed,
Way over cautious!

I found these instructions to be very accessible: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/310720-cm9-touchpad-heres-your-get-started-guide.html. He also has instructions for optimizing the TP in general, overclocking and the like -- those are linked in his first post. Worth a read (not the whole thread, just the initial posts), even if you decide to follow CM9 install instructions from another source.

Have fun, and don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the first time around. If I could do it, anyone can! Courage!

thelastpiece

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thelastpiece

I've had a Touchpad for well over a year. It's a great size for reading comics and books. I personally think that for myself a 7" tablet wouldn't work for comics but would be fine for books.

I've been running the CM9 Nightlies and have been way happier with Android than I ever was with WebOS. WebOS had a nice interface and ran pretty smooth but the app support just wasn't there.

Does anyone know if you can put CM9 on the Dell Streak?

msttsm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msttsm
thelastpiece wrote:Does anyone know if you can put CM9 on the Dell Streak?

Don't know how well it works, but a quick search found: http://androidadvices.com/update-dell-streak-7-ics-403-firmware-tutorial/#.UEjBz0KVtk8

funnywontons

quality posts: 3 Private Messages funnywontons
jasonking wrote:Does anyone know if the Logitech keyboard case fits the Galaxy 2 tablets, or only the original Galaxy?

Wondering the same thing. Definitely not a solid answer, but the page's address is http://www.woot.com/offers/logitech-keyboard-case-for-galaxy-tab-2, so that may or may not mean anything at all.

mrawr?

Delgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Delgar

Just received my Motorola Tablet Bluetooth Keyboard. Pairing with my AT&T Galaxy Note was painless, and once I switched my input method from Skype to Samsung keyboard, the keyboard worked wonderfully! The Home button, the Search button, etc. Even the slide out trackpad works! You get a little cursor to navigate when you slide out the trackpad, there are no separate buttons, but a tap works as a select-click as expected. Pinch to zoom doesn't seem to work, however, but that isn't the worst thing. I expect that I will either have the phablet close enough to do that on the touch screen, or I will have the phablet attached to a monitor via MHL/HDMI adapter.

I have not had the opportunity to try the phone button, presumably for answering calls, or the media player control buttons, but so far I am quite pleased with this accessory!

rderr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rderr

Runwilder or anyone who has the featured Kindle 3 cover: how much play is there in the mounting? I have an iRiver Story HD, which is the same height and (near enough) thickness as a Kindle 3 but 0.2" wider. Wondering if this cover is worth a try, or if the mounting corners could be ripped off and re-glued a bit further over.

jamesonbirrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesonbirrell

I asked this before when it first came up, but got no answer then,... can anyone say if the Logitech keyboard will fit the Motorola Xoom (I'm in for 2, if it does).

Please let me know

meggs4d

quality posts: 2 Private Messages meggs4d

JBL Onbeat Air Speaker Dock is awesome. I paid 100 back in June and will be buying another one as a gift b/c its so nice. I use it everyday for charging and a music player. Great deal!!

cutier33

InFrom wrote:I found these instructions to be very accessible: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/310720-cm9-touchpad-heres-your-get-started-guide.html. He also has instructions for optimizing the TP in general, overclocking and the like -- those are linked in his first post. Worth a read (not the whole thread, just the initial posts), even if you decide to follow CM9 install instructions from another source.

Have fun, and don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the first time around. If I could do it, anyone can! Courage!

Thank you very much for all the help. Crossing fingers, I can get this done without incident.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
jamesonbirrell wrote:I asked this before when it first came up, but got no answer then,... can anyone say if the Logitech keyboard will fit the Motorola Xoom (I'm in for 2, if it does).

Please let me know

I had been wondering the same. I found this link which points to it not fitting: http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/motorola-xoom-accessories/9872-logitech-keyboard-case.html
There are some out there, one by Motorola for Verizon, which doesn't have a lot of good reviews, and then some cheap knock-offs that seem to be hit or miss. I'm considering a plain case/stand and the Bluetooth keyboard offered here. It's a lot less convenient, but seems to me to be the best option.

willleah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages willleah

Anyone want to take a guess if the Logitech keyboard will hold the Acer a500?

Edit: never mind. Stupid question. It isn't a dock, just a Bluetooth keyboard with a slot to hold the tablet.

enos233

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enos233

"Take two tablets and call me in the morning."

bopp11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bopp11

Will the Logitech case fit my "new" iPad? Not as a case, as the Galaxy is clearly a different size, but will the iPad fit in the display crevice? The the width should be fine but I'm concerned about the slightly thicker iPad not fitting in the crevice.

mcom2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcom2000

Just got the Motorola Keyboard yesterday. Trackpad absolutely sucks. This will be a return.

pgovier1975

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgovier1975
meggs4d wrote:JBL Onbeat Air Speaker Dock is awesome. I paid 100 back in June and will be buying another one as a gift b/c its so nice. I use it everyday for charging and a music player. Great deal!!

Hello, I just purchased said dock and was wondering if you have had any problems with the air play feature? i can't get mine to work on a regular basis.

wgundammikezero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wgundammikezero

If the logitec keyboard will fit my Nexus 7 I might be in for 1

mthomtech

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mthomtech
meggs4d wrote:JBL Onbeat Air Speaker Dock is awesome. I paid 100 back in June and will be buying another one as a gift b/c its so nice. I use it everyday for charging and a music player. Great deal!!

Also love mine that I picked up on woot! Not long ago. Doesn't dock with my letterbox defender case for iPhone 4 ... But otherwise works and sounds great. Unbeatable price!

bopp11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bopp11

Will the Logitech case fit my "new" iPad? Not as a case, as the Galaxy is clearly a different size, but will the iPad fit in the display crevice? The the width should be fine but I'm concerned about the slightly thicker iPad not fitting in the crevice.

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
bopp11 wrote:Will the Logitech case fit my "new" iPad? Not as a case, as the Galaxy is clearly a different size, but will the iPad fit in the display crevice? The the width should be fine but I'm concerned about the slightly thicker iPad not fitting in the crevice.

I just got my Galaxy Tab Logitech case today and I think you'll be OK. The iPad 2 fits in the display crevice just fine, and there is probably at least a couple millimeters more space with the iPad 2. The iPad 3 might not have quite as good of a viewing angle though, but I think you'd be fine still.

Strange thing when pairing the keyboard with my Galaxy Tab though, is that I can't seem to get the . key to work, but shift+. still works for the > character. Haven't really messed with it much though.

If anyone else has any questions about this it then ask away. I'll keep an eye on this thread and answer questions the best I can.

ekmadden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ekmadden

will the logitech keyboard work with nexus 7? guess it's too long, but will probably work..

morninglark

quality posts: 21 Private Messages morninglark
runwilder wrote:Buyer beware: I ordered the Cyber Acoustics Kindle Cover back in June and it has permanently marked spots on my white Kindle keyboard. I assume that this is the poor quality of the felt material on the inside of the case. While the case is handy and I do like it, it will ruin the look of your white Kindle. Because the marks are dark, graphite Kindles are probably safe.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a graphite K3 but maybe I shoudn't get the red cover Thanks asin for the tip.

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
ekmadden wrote:will the logitech keyboard work with nexus 7? guess it's too long, but will probably work..

I'm not really sure what you're looking for. The tablet slot is about 3/8" wide and 10" long. If you are asking about the bluetooth part, I imagine it will work just fine since I had no problems pairing this keyboard with my iPad as well as my Gaxaxy Tab.

Edit: Just looked up the Nexus 7 dimensions and at .41" thick it looks like the Nexus 7 might actually be too fat to fit in the slot on this keyboard.

ekmadden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ekmadden
elangomatt wrote:I'm not really sure what you're looking for. The tablet slot is about 3/8" wide and 10" long. If you are asking about the bluetooth part, I imagine it will work just fine since I had no problems pairing this keyboard with my iPad as well as my Gaxaxy Tab.

Edit: Just looked up the Nexus 7 dimensions and at .41" thick it looks like the Nexus 7 might actually be too fat to fit in the slot on this keyboard.

WHO YOU CALLING FAT??