lorceie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lorceie

My fiancee got me the Motorola keyboard for my birthday. now, before I got drunk, we tried to pair it with any of the android devices in the house that we could get our hands on. Does anyone else have experience with pairing the keyboard with HTC devices? We have an EVO view 4G tablet and both have the HTC Inspire phone but it wont bring up the passkey prompt on any of our devices. It registers a key when you type on the keyboard and press enter, but nothing works. we tried resetting the keyboard, trying 0000 and 1234 as default passkeys and even.called Motorola cust service who told us to send the keyboard back to them. Then we tried the other two.he bought for.coworkers and same deal. Can anyone help?

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
lorceie wrote:My fiancee got me the Motorola keyboard for my birthday. now, before I got drunk, we tried to pair it with any of the android devices in the house that we could get our hands on. Does anyone else have experience with pairing the keyboard with HTC devices? We have an EVO view 4G tablet and both have the HTC Inspire phone but it wont bring up the passkey prompt on any of our devices. It registers a key when you type on the keyboard and press enter, but nothing works. we tried resetting the keyboard, trying 0000 and 1234 as default passkeys and even.called Motorola cust service who told us to send the keyboard back to them. Then we tried the other two.he bought for.coworkers and same deal. Can anyone help?

I did a bit of research on Google for you, and it looks like neither of your devices support human interface device (HID) bluetooth profiles. So basically you are out of luck with these keyboards unless you are willing to install a custom ROM on your devices. I saw a couple mentions of the Cyanogenmod ROM supporting HID profiles but I really didn't read into it to make sure.

It is pretty pathetic really that they don't support something as simple as a decent bluetooth keyboard, especially the tablet.

lilpittsy601

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilpittsy601

Got my Dell Streak in the mail yesterday.

The thing DOES NOT TURN ON. Tried everything including factory reset and nothing.

I am not an experienced wooter so what should i do?

I was so excited to get it and now that it doesnt work im furious

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
lilpittsy601 wrote:Got my Dell Streak in the mail yesterday.

The thing DOES NOT TURN ON. Tried everything including factory reset and nothing.

I am not an experienced wooter so what should i do?

I was so excited to get it and now that it doesnt work im furious

Dumb question but did you follow the instructions to charge it up the first time? With some devices it takes some time to get the battery charged to a point where it will even power on. Also make sure to use the wall adapter to charge it if it came with one, some tablets won't even charge at all when hooked up via USB since there isn't enough power there.

If all else fails, you'll need to contact woot to get a refund probably.

beezn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beezn
cutier33 wrote:Can you advise on the instructions you used to install ICS and if all the components worked with it? Was it dual boot? I have used mine with Web OS for a year now, and think I am finally ready to update to Android, but wanted to make sure I have reliable and complete instructions, so I don't brick my favorite toy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/reverendkjr

Enjoy