3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
NEATO XV-21 Pet & Allergy Robotic Vac
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

whippsaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whippsaw

a couple of years ago these (almost) were going for $99.00

jeremiahj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj

I have the previous version Neato (XV-11))and recently upgraded it to the pet filter and brush bar.

However...

What's odd to me about this Woot is that the product image clearly shows the original (old) brush bar and not the newer one. It's very easy to tell since the new one has a swirl pattern and not straight rubber flaps like the one in the image.

Any other Neato owners out there want to back me up on this?

Edit - So another wooter suggested that this is because the newer one is installed on the vacuum and the extra (old version one is shown in the image). Where is the better (thicker) filter? It doesn't look as if that is anywhere to be found. I'm not woot crapping, I just want to make sure people get the same awesome vac I have.

pxeclipse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pxeclipse

Oh no i just bought one of these off woot for my sister that doesn't have the brush kit.

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Squidoo review. With video.

pxeclipse

jeremiahj wrote:I have the previous verison NEat-O and recently upgraded it to the pet filter and brush bar. What's odd to be about this Woot is that the images clearly show the original brush bar and not the newer version from Neato. It's very obvious since the new one has a swirl pattern and not straight rubber flaps like the one in the image. any other Neato owners out there want to confirm this?

They include both the upgraded brush and the old style beater brush so thats why its there on the picture

txcruiser

quality posts: 3 Private Messages txcruiser
whippsaw wrote:a couple of years ago these (almost) were going for $99.00

Thanks, I recently got a papercut, would you like to pour salt in that? What was the purpose of that post?

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

Argh! I bought the XV-12 that was offered like a week and a half to two weeks ago specifically for pet fur pick up!

But, I do love my XV-12 Neato vacuum - it's almost embarrassing how much dirt and fur was around the house! My only complaint is that the battery seems a little weak. However, I do have very plush, thick carpet, so I'm guessing that that's part of the issue. It'll run for about 45 minutes then return to it's charging base to charge for about 4-5 hours before running again. I'm not sure if it's a battery issue or a thick carpet problem - I'm going to take it to my parents' house and test it out soon before complaining to the company though.

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Oh man, Battle of the ages!
In The Vanilla corner we got Neato!
In the Upside-down corner We have Roomba

Who will win?

jeremiahj

arryielle wrote:Argh! I bought the XV-12 that was offered like a week and a half to two weeks ago specifically for pet fur pick up!

But, I do love my XV-12 Neato vacuum - it's almost embarrassing how much dirt and fur was around the house! My only complaint is that the battery seems a little weak. However, I do have very plush, thick carpet, so I'm guessing that that's part of the issue. It'll run for about 45 minutes then return to it's charging base to charge for about 4-5 hours before running again. I'm not sure if it's a battery issue or a thick carpet problem - I'm going to take it to my parents' house and test it out soon before complaining to the company though.

Interesting. I run mine exclusively on hardwood and it covers the entire floor in a single charge. Given that I close off the utility room, office, and media room from the Neato, this means I have it covering ~2500 sq ft of space on a single charge.

pxeclipse

jeremiahj wrote:I have the previous version Neato (XV-11))and recently upgraded it to the pet filter and brush bar.

However...

What's odd to me about this Woot is that the product image clearly shows the original (old) brush bar and not the newer one. It's very easy to tell since the new one has a swirl pattern and not straight rubber flaps like the one in the image.

Edit - So another wooter suggested that this is because the newer one is installed on the vacuum and the extra (old version one is shown in the image). Where is the better (thicker) filter? It doesn't look as if that is anywhere to be found. I'm not woot crapping, I just want to make sure people get the same awesome vac I have.

The upgraded filter looks like its installed in the vacuum bin in the photo. I know my regular filter doesn't look that thick.

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
jeremiahj wrote:Interesting. I run mine exclusively on hardwood and it covers the entire floor in a single charge. Given that I close off the utility room, office, and media room from the Neato, this means I have it covering ~2500 sq ft of space on a single charge.

Really? Wow. Our house is a little under 2000 sq ft, and I closed off two of the bedrooms and the formal dining room is full of boxes (we just moved!) and it still takes over 12 hours to get the house cleaned - it has to recharge at least twice to be able to clean everything. :-/ It goes between the plush carpeting and tile, but mostly carpeted areas.

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

jeremiahj

pxeclipse wrote:The upgraded filter looks like its installed in the vacuum bin in the photo. I know my regular filter doesn't look that thick.

I'll have to look at the pic again. I did notice that the old filters have an orange border and the newer one I got has a purple border. Woot staff -- please add some photos to clear up the confusion!

craigthom

quality posts: 64 Private Messages craigthom

I've got thresholds between some rooms that are maybe a centimeter or a bit more. My Scooba gets stuck on them. Will this? Will the Roomba on moofi?

jeremiahj

craigthom wrote:I've got thresholds between some rooms that are maybe a centimeter or a bit more. My Scooba gets stuck on them. Will this? Will the Roomba on moofi?

LOL. No way. This little guy raises and lowers itself (back wheels) based on flooring type and obstacles. Do your research, you will see that this company makes the Roomba models look plain dumb.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Just going to drop some videos over here.

Unboxing Video

Short 1 min demo,

Same guy from the first video made a 24 minute first run video if you're more patient than I

Edit: Watched a little bit of that 24 minute video, I never realized how fast this little guy was!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Here's the Neato Robotics page for the XV-21. It should clear up what comes with the unit.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

starbuck8968

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starbuck8968

Can anyone comment on the reliability of these? Would you recommend the extended warranty?

bobesc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobesc
txcruiser wrote:Thanks, I recently got a papercut, would you like to pour salt in that? What was the purpose of that post?

I imagine it's for people who can control their impulsive shopping and might come up with a better deal if they wait and shop a bit longer. I can wait for a more reasonable price so thanks to the author of that post.

TheIginator

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheIginator
CowboyDann wrote:
Edit: Watched a little bit of that 24 minute video, I never realized how fast this little guy was!

The video is sped up throughout the middle. It's not as fast as it appears.

helosix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helosix

The XV-21 comes with both, the bristle installed, and the older one to use for hard floors if you choose.

I paid full price $429.00 only two months ago. Darn... but, I love the bot!! We love them so much, we have an XV-12 as well.

These blow Roomba's away! Buy it now at this great price!

jeremiahj wrote:I have the previous version Neato (XV-11))and recently upgraded it to the pet filter and brush bar.

However...

carhug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carhug

DIY HEPA filter!!!!!!

http://citysurvival12.blogspot.com/p/talk-nerdy-to-me.html

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

At least you don't have to worry about your husband having an affair with this thing.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

Ok, I need some advice here. I hate to vacuum, am allergic to dust mites and own a small cat that hates loud noises. Will I be happy with the Neato? Or the Roomba on Moofi? What makes this an allergy and pet vac? More importantly, will I have to declutter and turn into a neat freak or can Neato adapt?

Thanks.

lintball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lintball
morninglark wrote:Ok, I need some advice here. I hate to vacuum, am allergic to dust mites and own a small cat that hates loud noises. Will I be happy with the Neato? Or the Roomba on Moofi? What makes this an allergy and pet vac? More importantly, will I have to declutter and turn into a neat freak or can Neato adapt?

Thanks.

I own the XV-12. It is awesome, much better than my roomba. It gets tons of cat hair every 3 days i have it scheduled to run. You will need to keep the floor cleared of wires, clothes, or anything a regular vacuum might choke on.

It's amazing how much dirt this thing finds. My plan was to run it every 3 days then back off the schedule. That was 6 months ago and it still finds dirt.

I have it run at 2:00 AM downstairs. I check the dirt bin about once a week. Other than that, I never see it and the carpet has that just vacuumed look.

I'm tempted to get a second one for upstairs.

edit: regarding noise, it does make a fair amount of noise. not as loud as a true vacuum, but enough that you cannot watch TV while it is running.

jikkme

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jikkme

I've had mine for about a month now and it does a GREAT job on our hardwood floors. However, sometimes it does get stuck in a pattern cleaning the same area over and over and not moving on to another part of the room. Normally, it's where there are some odd angles of furniture and corners of the room. It just repeats the same pattern over and over. It also doesn't always find its way back to the charger base before crying for help and asking to be returned to the charger. I don't pick it up and move it or anything, so it gets lost on its own. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this, even with those issues.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
geo8rge wrote:At least you don't have to worry about your husband having an affair with this thing.

Not until you buy the unauthorized accessory kit sold in certain stores.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

How does it work with dried hairballs?

The bottom half leftovers of small mice?

And those small jellybean-like things that cats spit out when they consume entire rodents?

(Rural living is always an adventure.)

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark
lintball wrote:I own the XV-12. It is awesome, much better than my roomba. It gets tons of cat hair every 3 days i have it scheduled to run. You will need to keep the floor cleared of wires, clothes, or anything a regular vacuum might choke on.

It's amazing how much dirt this thing finds. My plan was to run it every 3 days then back off the schedule. That was 6 months ago and it still finds dirt.

I have it run at 2:00 AM downstairs. I check the dirt bin about once a week. Other than that, I never see it and the carpet has that just vacuumed look.

I'm tempted to get a second one for upstairs.

edit: regarding noise, it does make a fair amount of noise. not as loud as a true vacuum, but enough that you cannot watch TV while it is running.

Thanks for the insight. I guess the only real issue then will be the noise. Worst case senario, my cat can go outside or hide in the closet when the Neato is running. :-)

johndavidlarsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johndavidlarsen

Poo and You.

Be careful with Any robotic vacumn and dogs. If your dog poops on the carpet, the robotic vacumn WILL spread the poop all over your house.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg

I have the XV11. There is nothing different except the color. I do have the "pet kit" which is a curved brush/rubber type rollor and a thicker filter. Nothing more/nothing less. On hard wood floors, it's not as good as the orignal roller. But bottom line, it does a good job but is noisy.

TC1 USCG Ret

Doombringer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Doombringer
johndavidlarsen wrote:Poo and You.

Be careful with Any robotic vacumn and dogs. If your dog poops on the carpet, the robotic vacumn WILL spread the poop all over your house.

Yes, I think if you have a dog pooing on your floors, you have a bigger problem than good ol' Neato can solve.

Time to put that pooch into time out. Maybe corral them to the kitchen. I wouldn't put up with anything defecating on my floors :P

jwvess00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jwvess00

I bought the XV-11 on a previous Woot! and I *love* this robot. In a platonic way, of course.

I have all smooth floors (laminate, vinyl) and it does a fantastic job. It has what appears to be a rational fear of curtains that hang to the floor. It doesn't get as close to some edges as I would like (but does others, so, not sure why).

It likes cat food. Before relocating the bowl, it would bump into the cat food bowl, then vacuum up its mess. The cats were not pleased with this new competitor. However, the cats mostly just ignore it. I expected much hissing and hiding but, not so much.

If you're interested in a robotic vacuum, get this one.

Stripes007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stripes007

And those small jellybean-like things that cats spit out when they consume entire rodents?

the small jellybean things are the mouse kidney cats will try not to eat them to much bad taste and what mice eat my even make your cats sick if eat the kidey My cats just like the heads must be the crunch.
one of my fat cat likes to bring in fall leaves and grasshoppers only thing she can catch.

icbrkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icbrkr

Had mine for about 8 months now (and a previous owner of Roombas for about 5 years). Also have 4 cats - hence the reason for needing one in the first place! The Neato is infinitely more reliable than the Roombas if you have pets - I'm not constantly pulling fur out of the gearing, beater bar, etc or replacing parts. Heck, the only thing I've had to do is empty the dust bin except for once when the Neato ran over a furball... messy, but it survived it just fine. The Neato is a bit slower than the Roomba (45mins to an hour before charging sounds right) but it's not randomly running around my house like the Roomba since it has a built in GPS. It also doesn't bump into things like the Roomba leaving black marks all over my molding.

I'm considering a second one for upstairs.

scorcho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scorcho

Compared to the Roomba, I've found the Neato to be less than stellar on rugs and corners. Roomba's bristles and corner brush really do make a difference there, and the Neato will leave crumbs around furniture legs and the perimeter of your floor. The flip side is that the Neato's cleaning brush is much easier to clean and less prone to hair jams than the Roomba. Every other week it felt like I had to perform a minor surgery on my Roomba to ensure that my girlfriend's hair wouldn't destroy the machine from within. I don't know why, but Neato is more resilient against hair spooling on the edges of its brush.

Additionally, the Neato is way more efficient in its cleaning routine and will finish a room much faster than the Roomba. I also prefer the magnetic strip blocker compared to the battery-operated stations.

comstock827

quality posts: 0 Private Messages comstock827

Are you able to program it to run multiple times a day? I have 3 young kids and would love for it to automatically run after each mealtime!

Macoland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Macoland

Can someone provide insight on the new brush? I hated the Roomba because I had to clean the brush all the time. Neato claims that their curved brush design is amazing, but I would imagine that hair will get caught and wrapped around just like any other brush. Thoughts?

cutier33

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cutier33
craigthom wrote:I've got thresholds between some rooms that are maybe a centimeter or a bit more. My Scooba gets stuck on them. Will this? Will the Roomba on moofi?

I am currently trying to decide between this Brand and Roomba. How do I find the moofi link please?