macmvn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macmvn
agingdragqueen wrote:Hi, I'm going to be putting stuff in this here thread this week. I'll edit this top post with up to date info and links. Feel free to post below and make sure to like our Facebook page!

(I promise that is all the pimping I will be doing)

POC#4 Now accepting entries until 9:10 pm CT, Terms & Conditions here: Woot Pieces of Crap IV: Your Crap Or Your Life

POC#3 Winner has been emailed!: Woot Pieces of Crap III: For The Love Of Crap
POC#2 Winner is number 526 of 1779 eligible entries! Chuck Obenschain has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap II: Crap Nights
POC#1 Winner is number 701 out of 2372 eligible entries! Frances Mattox has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap I: Crap Dawn

POC FAQ
Q. Do I need to put anything in the body of the email/ make a guess on the item?
A. Nope. It's just that easy- correct subject line (or close enough variation), everything else is gravy.

Q. How are you picking the winners?
A. Nothing too fancy- I wait til the end of the hour and let Outlook catch up. I eliminate any ineligible emails (not within the correct time, not the right subject) and then determine how many I have. I use a random number generator to choose between 1 (the first received email) and however many responses I got.

Q. What's that release your rules are mentioning?
A. You are wise to be suspicious of legalese. It's basically so we can get confirmation you agreed to the terms & conditions (linked above), the most harrowing of which is that we want to post your name in this thread.

Q. So what happens if you don't hear back from the winner?
A. We're giving everyone this week until 9/17 to respond. If they do not by then, we have all eligible emails saved and we'll redraw likely with a shorter time to respond to that email.

Q. How much do you want to smack all the people who are emailing you beyond the time limit you've provided?
A. You don't even know.

revaparks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revaparks
agingdragqueen wrote:Woot Pieces of Crap IV: Your Crap Or Your Life
Woot is offering a PIECE OF CRAP to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 8:10 p.m. (CT) on September 11, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 9:10 p.m. (CT) on September 11, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Your Crap Or Your Life” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.
  • Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
  • All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)

i agree!

scarfatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarfatty

boo no email

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

A big bag of BACON!!!!

carolyn63smith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carolyn63smith

me me me!!

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 8:10 p.m. (CT) on September 11, 2012 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 9:10 p.m. (CT) on September 11, 2012.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Your Crap Or Your Life” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
  • All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)
[/quote]

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

Reposting terms = threadcrapping = a little too ironic, doncha think?

mp177x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mp177x

Woot crap!

bluesfriend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluesfriend

I'd love for woot to crap on me with a bag (or box) o' crapii

bluesfriend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluesfriend

Please crapify moi!!

Jessara

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Jessara

I just squeaked in under the deadline. Tried sending from my brand new Galaxy with no luck at all. Trusty old Acer running XP worked, though. Perhaps I need an Apple product. Hmmm.

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
Jessara wrote:I just squeaked in under the deadline. Tried sending from my brand new Galaxy with no luck at all. Trusty old Acer running XP worked, though. Perhaps I need an Apple product. Hmmm.

Oh I see how it is. I couldn't find my computer under all this mess, and barely e-mailed in time... perhaps I need a robotic vacuum.

binners

Will Crap run on a Mac?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Zarabear wrote:Am I missing something? Why is everyone reposting the terms??

I have no idea!

Jertyrael

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Jertyrael

I'm still confused by the point of saying what number email won o_O

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

sullivan65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sullivan65

I need a flashlight.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Jertyrael

no idea why my touch pad posted twice

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

xochiluvr

agingdragqueen wrote:I have no idea!

QFT!

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

POC #3 winner, just emailed me and said I could have his prize... Honest.

tracy9730

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracy9730

You need my name in the thread.
OK. Tracy.

agingdragqueen wrote:Hi, I'm going to be putting stuff in this here thread this week. I'll edit this top post with up to date info and links. Feel free to post below and make sure to like our Facebook page!

(I promise that is all the pimping I will be doing)

POC#4 No more entries accepted, currently tabulating!: Woot Pieces of Crap IV: Your Crap Or Your Life

POC#3 Winner has been emailed!: Woot Pieces of Crap III: For The Love Of Crap
POC#2 Winner is number 526 of 1779 eligible entries! Chuck Obenschain has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap II: Crap Nights
POC#1 Winner is number 701 out of 2372 eligible entries! Frances Mattox has emailed back and accepted!: Woot Pieces of Crap I: Crap Dawn

POC FAQ
Q. Do I need to put anything in the body of the email/ make a guess on the item?
A. Nope. It's just that easy- correct subject line (or close enough variation), everything else is gravy.

Q. How are you picking the winners?
A. Nothing too fancy- I wait til the end of the hour and let Outlook catch up. I eliminate any ineligible emails (not within the correct time, not the right subject) and then determine how many I have. I use a random number generator to choose between 1 (the first received email) and however many responses I got.

Q. What's that release your rules are mentioning?
A. You are wise to be suspicious of legalese. It's basically so we can get confirmation you agreed to the terms & conditions (linked above), the most harrowing of which is that we want to post your name in this thread.

Q. So what happens if you don't hear back from the winner?
A. We're giving everyone this week until 9/17 to respond. If they do not by then, we have all eligible emails saved and we'll redraw likely with a shorter time to respond to that email.

Q. How much do you want to smack all the people who are emailing you beyond the time limit you've provided?
A. You don't even know.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Jertyrael wrote:I'm still confused by the point of saying what number email won o_O

I like to keep it legit, also I know a lot of people have asked me how many entries there were.

xochiluvr

tracy9730 wrote:You need my name in the thread.
OK. Tracy.

Terms-reposters get real Bags of Crap, left on your driveway and lit on fire.

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

Looks like you folks that got in at the last minute have a good chance.

Alas, my email was sent towards the middle.

Zarabear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Zarabear

*frantically checks her mail* Darn it....

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

bbbeluga

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bbbeluga

stuck with a crappy life and nothing to show for it

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

@adq is awesome.

That is all.

geekgirl717

quality posts: 1 Private Messages geekgirl717

I wrote craptastic poetry and everything. Yet no crap for me. /sniff

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
agingdragqueen wrote:I like to keep it legit, also I know a lot of people have asked me how many entries there were.

Thanks. Any regular (or in my case, ex-regular) on shirt.woot understands the importance of numbers.

AuntTsTaxi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AuntTsTaxi

Everyone should own a "POC" from Woot!!

What does a person have to do to get a quality post around here??

Terry L. Howell

appledude9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9

Does anyone know what their crap is, or not until it arrives? I HAVE to know what these lucky people are getting!

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
appledude9 wrote:Does anyone know what their crap is, or not until it arrives? I HAVE to know what these lucky people are getting!

Not until it arrives; Woot crap is always random.

justapixel

quality posts: 15 Private Messages justapixel
bbbeluga wrote:stuck with a crappy life and nothing to show for it

Dude.

I have terminal cancer.

Your life is fantastic, even if you don't get old sansas and unsold toys.

Besides, its my turn for crap.

binners

I haven't gotten an email but I'm sure I won...

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee
carolyn63smith wrote:me me me!!

Terms and Conditions

[/quote]

I agree

appledude9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9

I'm still a bit confused, it this just one item up for grabs each time for one winner? Or are they getting "bags"?

babiblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babiblue
xochiluvr wrote:I'm waiting for Crappy Recall.

If we're crapifying movie remakes, this could be fun.

Crapo (Psycho)

Crapeo & Juliet

3:10 to Crap

The Crappyville Horror

The Day the Crap Stood Still

How bout:
Resident Crapvil
28 Craps Later
30 Days of Crap
Snow white and the 7 Craps (since snow white is the enth remake of the decade)
And of course, Who Wants to be a Crappyaire
Almost forgot,
You are the Weakest Crap, GOODBYE

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

Looks like Winner #4 hasn't come forward either.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Sure the emails aren't stuck in your outbox?

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
agingdragqueen wrote:
A. You don't even know.

Heeheehee <3

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
appledude9 wrote:Does anyone know what their crap is, or not until it arrives? I HAVE to know what these lucky people are getting!

I would think, that like the Bundles of Crayons it won't be known until these people receive said POC's...

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

mwolfatwork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mwolfatwork
appledude9 wrote:I'm still a bit confused, it this just one item up for grabs each time for one winner? Or are they getting "bags"?

It sounds like it is only one item. That is why it is not "Bag Of" and is "Piece of" Crap instead.

sonotthereason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonotthereason

I keep checking my spam and my email just in case you emailed me and I missed it....despite the futility of the act......sniff

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt