3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" 1080p LED HDTV
$399.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

Remember that time when we had TWO FOR TUESDAY and

NOT

TV TUESDAY

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

You know, I could use a little TV for the living room. But I've already spent too much this week.

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

what if we want the TV in the TV, how much for that?

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
Charitwo wrote:what if we want the TV in the TV, how much for that?

I can find that for you. But it'll cost about $2k.

spike109u

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spike109u

The 42" Hisense from a few weeks ago was $100 cheaper. At this price point, you can get a new 42" with a full warranty for less money.

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

From Wikipedia

Manufacturer terminology

LG calls their 100 Hz + technology "TruMotion". In the U.S., 120 Hz is called "Real Cinema 24".

thefowles1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thefowles1

Good thing it's "Enery" Star Qualified.

nooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nooks

According to Amazon, this looks like the model with no audio out. Is this right?

[MOD: Fixed Link. Also, you are linking to the L3400. We are selling the L4400.]

spike109u

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spike109u
nooks wrote:According to Amazon, this looks like the model with no audio out. Is this right?

The specs show both digital and analog audio out.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

So do they want us to by this with the HD MEDIA PLAYER over on Tech.Woot?

Sounds like a plan, rly.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thefowles1 wrote:Good thing it's "Enery" Star Qualified.

That's how we get the lower prices. Energy Star ratings would have been more expensive.

Seriously, thanks for noting it. I've passed it on for fixing.

PS: It's fixed.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

xarous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xarous

I just ordered LG 42LK450 from Amazon for about 370. How does this model stack up versus the other?

gregbowman

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gregbowman

Best photo on screen EVER. That's woot! solid gold right there, folks!

stacydd1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacydd1

I just ordered LG 42LK450 from Amazon for about 370. How does this model stack up versus the other?

Yours is 60 Hz and is not LED back-lit. According to this:
http://www.amazon.com/LG-42LK450-42-Inch-1080p-HDTV/dp/B004OOQ8CW

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1

Without a television, you're just some codger who sits alone and rages. But if you own a LG 42" 1080p LED HDTV, even if it just sits in the corner, you're making a statement. You're choosing not to watch that television. It's no longer about being contrary, it's about exercising your rights as an American. And, in our opinion, that makes all the difference.
Go for gold and buy at least one.

thinkleah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinkleah

This is a great deal!

dansbridge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dansbridge

Does anybody know if this will work with the Apple TV 2 streaming HDCP compliant content? I couldn't locate the model number on LG's website to find this information. Thank you in advance for your comments.

fralexandr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fralexandr

I'm guessing the TV model is actually the 42LV4400 (couldn't find any 42L4400KGB).

thus the lowest price I could find was $584 @buy.com

As per LG, the 42LV4400 is a discontinued model.

an avsforum thread on this TV
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1376167/any-comments-on-lg-42lv4400-led-tv

shushine999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shushine999
ienvyno1 wrote:Without a television, you're just some codger who sits alone and rages. But if you own a LG 42" 1080p LED HDTV, even if it just sits in the corner, you're making a statement. You're choosing not to watch that television. It's no longer about being contrary, it's about exercising your rights as an American. And, in our opinion, that makes all the difference.
Go for gold and buy at least one.

I had absolutely no need NOR desire for one of these.. UNTIL I read this. Shame washed over me like the tide, that I would have the right - nay, the DUTY, right here in front of me to be a patriotic consumer of excess, and I was going to let it pass?? NO!! NO, I will NOT!! I will leave them in boxes when I get them JUST to show how distainful I am of them, even.....IN FOR 3 HERE!!! HAA!! Haaa HA!!!!! (Poses like Captain Morgan)

ahrjones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ahrjones

I don't know where you can get a brand new, brand name, LED, 1080p, 120 Hz, 42" TV with warranty for $400.

jonj909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonj909
ahrjones wrote:I don't know where you can get a brand new, brand name, LED, 1080p, 120 Hz, 42" TV with warranty for $400.

Just check back here every couple of days. Smh

n00sh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n00sh

Sorry if this is dumb but I've been searching Google... Are LED screens glossy like a plasma or matte like an LCD? I'd assume matte since LED and LCD are closely related and it appears LED is just the back lighting type. And if it varies how do you tell which screen type a LED model is?

Edit: the reason I ask is I have a bright room and need to avoid glare

buschmaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buschmaster
ahrjones wrote:I don't know where you can get a brand new, brand name, LED, 1080p, 120 Hz, 42" TV with warranty for $400.

I was wondering the same thing. If someone can show me where, I'll buy that in a heart beat, otherwise it looks like I'll be buying this woot.

themicah

quality posts: 2 Private Messages themicah
n00sh wrote:Are LED screens glossy like a plasma or matte like an LCD?

LCD and "LED" TVs (which are really just LCDs that use LEDs for the backlighting) can be glossy or matte, depending on the individual model's design. I'm not sure which this is. But this doesn't get very good reviews:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/lg-42lv4400/4505-6482_7-35071700.html

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RGENE4

Reviews are for the 42LV4400 and not the "42L4400" (as no such thing appears to exist).

n00sh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n00sh
themicah wrote:LCD and "LED" TVs (which are really just LCDs that use LEDs for the backlighting) can be glossy or matte, depending on the individual model's design. I'm not sure which this is. But this doesn't get very good reviews:

Reviews are for the 42LV4400 and not the "42L4400" (as no such thing appears to exist).

Thank you for the kind reply to a dumb question!

RogerB

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RogerB

How does this compare to the Panasonic VIERA LCD TC-L42U5 that I have been considering? 1080p 60hz, 3HDMI inputs
http://www.target.com/p/panasonic-42-class-1080p-60hz-full-hd-lcd-tv-black-tc-l42u5/-/A-14080921

zeavott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeavott

42 inch, 120hz, led, LG?!

I'll take one. Thanks woot!

buschmaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buschmaster
RogerB wrote:How does this compare to the Panasonic VIERA LCD TC-L42U5 that I have been considering? 1080p 60hz, 3HDMI inputs
http://www.target.com/p/panasonic-42-class-1080p-60hz-full-hd-lcd-tv-black-tc-l42u5/-/A-14080921

The Woot one is 120Hz and LED (and yet less expensive), so it has a couple strong points over the Viera. The Viera has a couple points as well, it could be grabbed off the shelf 5 minutes from now and it is new.

All depends on what is important to you!

benisntfunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benisntfunny
keithredding2 wrote:Great Home HDTV. Get one and then hope over to CableCutterGuys.Com and see how to watch it for FREE.

Yeah that site definitely is a piece of homework.

jakesterama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakesterama

Spec page error -- Looks like it has 3 HDMI inputs. 2 in the second picture and 1 in the third. In-fact, the 1 in the third picture is labeled "HDMI/ DVI IN 3".

Woot!

GreatestOne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GreatestOne

Same TV in Walmart NEW a couple of weeks ago for same price, cmon Woot u really slipping.

r0ssta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r0ssta
jakesterama wrote:Spec page error -- Looks like it has 3 HDMI inputs. 2 in the second picture and 1 in the third. In-fact, the 1 in the third picture is labeled "HDMI/ DVI IN 3".

The 3rd HDMI input is listed in the "Side Inputs" section just beneath the Rear Input/Output...

seanmcneal1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanmcneal1
xarous wrote:I just ordered LG 42LK450 from Amazon for about 370. How does this model stack up versus the other?

Your's is LCD, this TV is LED, big difference

easyenough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages easyenough
buschmaster wrote:I was wondering the same thing. If someone can show me where, I'll buy that in a heart beat, otherwise it looks like I'll be buying this woot.

You can't. This is one of the best woots in a long time. Quality and price.

ncstatewolfpacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncstatewolfpacker
themicah wrote:LCD and "LED" TVs (which are really just LCDs that use LEDs for the backlighting) can be glossy or matte, depending on the individual model's design. I'm not sure which this is. But this doesn't get very good reviews:

The reviews are fine except the one-star reviews due to the set conking out. Hence, refurbs on Woot! Should have kinks worked out now.

susie-s

quality posts: 5 Private Messages susie-s

Deciding that our next TV has got to have Wi-Fi... sorry Woot.

Category Five
*edited: broken link/img*

rexmaximvs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rexmaximvs

So evidently my previous comment was removed:

The 4400 models were a disaster for LG. Amazon, after hundreds of on-line complaints, finally pulled them last winter. My guess is that these "refurbished" sets are the thousands that were returned for repair.

Frankly, I would stay away from refurbished televisions. I purchased a LG47-6700, 3D/HD for just a few hundred more from Amazon. Spend a little more and include a SquareTrade extended warranty for some peace of mind.

guenchy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guenchy

Just yesterday I was looking to buy a new TV right around this size and price range.

Looking mostly to use it for watching sports, movies and gaming.

Would this suffice?