jrevans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrevans

I just ordered one, my first ever HDTV. (Slow adopter here....)

Quite bummed about sales tax now for Pennsylvania, and the TAXSUCKS code didn't work. For this reason alone, I wish that woot wasn't owned by Amazon, since otherwise I'd have $24 extra dollars in my pocket.

benbloss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benbloss

anyone get shipping info yet? Or do Woot normally take a while to get them shipped out?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

benbloss wrote:anyone get shipping info yet? Or do Woot normally take a while to get them shipped out?

It is usually a couple days from the sale when the shipping occurs and the Shipping Status is updated.
(Unless you ordered One-Day Shipping, if offered)

Please check back soon to see the status of your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

benbloss

ROGETRAY wrote:It is usually a couple days from the sale when the shipping occurs and the Shipping Status is updated.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

thanks woot!!

devildog69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devildog69
ROGETRAY wrote:It is usually a couple days from the sale when the shipping occurs and the Shipping Status is updated.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Any updates on shipping yet? Also, who will you be using to ship these TV's out? UPS, FedEx?

02blulanceres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 02blulanceres

Any updates on shipping?

benbloss

Ok its been a few days now, can we get some kind of update please. Or I will cancel my order.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

They shipped out yesterday. As soon as we upload the tracking info, you'll get an email for tracking. That'll probably later today.

In the meantime, you can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your receipt which you can get via Your Account. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

erictl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erictl
ThunderThighs wrote:They shipped out yesterday. As soon as we upload the tracking info, you'll get an email for tracking. That'll probably later today.

In the meantime, you can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your receipt which you can get via Your Account. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

Thanks ThunderThighs. It shows its on the way.

Eric

Kimcheeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kimcheeman

Just recieved my TV....was a little worried because my box was all banged up... to my relief it's working fine (for now)

bobaftt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobaftt

how do I add the warranty? All this talk about how many problems it had has me anxious

ROGETRAY

Staff

bobaftt wrote:how do I add the warranty? All this talk about how many problems it had has me anxious

Warranty: 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty

Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

jgnmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgnmd

Arrived the day before email notification that it shipped. Weird but nice. Much cooler (physically) than the 42" plasma it replaced which was useful as the coast of CA hit 100 F today.

jarsh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jarsh

Do I need to be at my house to sign for the TV?

coptst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coptst
mikeandike93 wrote:Has anyone seen the cover of Cnet?

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33153_7-57509549-10391733/three-tech-items-you-should-never-buy-refurbished/

Not very disturbing to me since it mainly deals with packaging and the like.

satoshen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages satoshen

Received mine Saturday. So far so good except I did have 1 incident where my screen went black for a period of time.... i want to blame the cable box (this was using hdmi input 1 on the tv) but I'm going to monitor it closely to make sure it doesn't happen again. I have the squaretrade warranty at least. I will say the remote is awful but then i didn't expect much there.

bobaftt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobaftt
ROGETRAY wrote:Warranty: 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty

Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

The squaretrade warranty was cheaper directly from the woot site how do I get the warranty for the reduced price?

jarsh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jarsh
bobaftt wrote:The squaretrade warranty was cheaper directly from the woot site how do I get the warranty for the reduced price?

Go back to the woot page for the TV and click the Square Trade box near the bottom.

ryankavalsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryankavalsky

I just got mine yesterday and it's great so far! There is one issue, though. Does anybody else notice a slight lag in the audio? I've tried multiple channels, TV speakers, and surround sound, all with the same symptoms.

SkwerlKC

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SkwerlKC

I received mine yesterday. There are a lot of dead pixels- something approaching 20. Construction is very cheap. The bezel flexes around the screen very easily, for example. I also notice a lot of "leaks" around the edges when the screen is filled with black. All in all, I'm a little disappointed and haven't decided whether it is worth the 400.

omeletduefromage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omeletduefromage

I finally received mine today in the mail and let me tell you. There are dead pixels all over mine. Try turning on something white and see if you have any but i connected my pretty pirate hat and put on a white background and there were dead pixel clusters and ripples in the screen every where. I am very disappointed with this for sure.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

omeletduefromage wrote:I finally received mine today in the mail and let me tell you. There are dead pixels all over mine. Try turning on something white and see if you have any but i connected my pretty pirate hat and put on a white background and there were dead pixel clusters and ripples in the screen every where. I am very disappointed with this for sure.

oy, that is bad. please email service@woot.com so they can help you address this.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jtbest713

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbest713

Just received my TV....complete with several cracks in the shell and a crazy amount of bleed-through in the bottom corners from the LED light. I will be requesting a refund

PemberDucky wrote:oy, that is bad. please email service@woot.com so they can help you address this.

SkwerlKC

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SkwerlKC
ryankavalsky wrote:I just got mine yesterday and it's great so far! There is one issue, though. Does anybody else notice a slight lag in the audio? I've tried multiple channels, TV speakers, and surround sound, all with the same symptoms.

That could be due to the 120 Hz interpolation. The processor in the TV's probably not the fastest, so you might notice a delay.

bear416

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bear416

Put the mount on the wall. Mounted the tv. Plugged it in, turned it on and BLAMMO! It looks like someone shot it or rammed it with their head or some other sharp object. It really looks like the shatter design made by a bullet or when someone cracks the car windshield with their head. BAD VIBES!!!!!!!!!!! I was really looking forward to my first wall mounted tv. If I was deranged I might have drove it back to WOOT headquarters in person and demanded a new one. But, alas I am sane and will settle for a refund or a replacement but if I have to pay return shipping for something that was defective I may consult my product liability lawyer nephew; he's a real smart-ass. I expect this to be resolved soon as I already contacted the rma people.

ryankavalsky

SkwerlKC wrote:That could be due to the 120 Hz interpolation. The processor in the TV's probably not the fastest, so you might notice a delay.

Thanks, SkwerlKC. I suppose that would mean that every 42LV4400 would have the same audio delay symptoms. Is anybody else experiencing that?

ryankavalsky

All, just a note of warning. I contacted LG to get my unit fixed, and LG said they won't perform warranty work on refurbished TVs purchased from Woot.com, as LG sees them the same as they would see eBay or any other independent reseller.

I sent a message to service@woot.com to resolve the issue with them. Please let me know if you're able to have LG do any warranty work for you. Thanks.

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables
ryankavalsky wrote:All, just a note of warning. I contacted LG to get my unit fixed, and LG said they won't perform warranty work on refurbished TVs purchased from Woot.com, as LG sees them the same as they would see eBay or any other independent reseller.

I sent a message to service@woot.com to resolve the issue with them. Please let me know if you're able to have LG do any warranty work for you. Thanks.

Friends, wooters, ryankavalsky, lend me your ears. The most recent sale of the LG TV's (including yours) was sold with a 90 day woot warranty. If anyone has any issues with their purchase, please email us at service@woot.com and we will gladly help out as best we can. =) ryankavalsky I'm following up with your email right now.

chuongster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuongster

Still waiting on my TV. My order has the shipping number on there, but when I go to FedEx's website, there's no information other than the 'shipment information sent to FedEx' on Sep. 12. Feel like I'm stuck in limbo here.

ThunderThighs

Staff

chuongster wrote:Still waiting on my TV. My order has the shipping number on there, but when I go to FedEx's website, there's no information other than the 'shipment information sent to FedEx' on Sep. 12. Feel like I'm stuck in limbo here.

Please email service@woot.com for help and I'll email them from this end as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chuongster

ThunderThighs wrote:Please email service@woot.com for help and I'll email them from this end as well.

I'll do that now -- thank you!

chuongster

Okay Thunderthighs, I emailed service@woot.com back on Monday morning. It's been a couple of days, and not even a reply. Can you try and get in contact with them again? It's coming up on 2 weeks with no updates, and no change. My credit card was charged a long time ago, and I kind of expected better from woot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

chuongster wrote:Okay Thunderthighs, I emailed service@woot.com back on Monday morning. It's been a couple of days, and not even a reply. Can you try and get in contact with them again? It's coming up on 2 weeks with no updates, and no change. My credit card was charged a long time ago, and I kind of expected better from woot.

Will do. Sorry for the delay.

FORUM MODERATOR

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

chuongster wrote:Okay Thunderthighs, I emailed service@woot.com back on Monday morning. It's been a couple of days, and not even a reply. Can you try and get in contact with them again? It's coming up on 2 weeks with no updates, and no change. My credit card was charged a long time ago, and I kind of expected better from woot.

We apologize for the delay. It looks like your case required further research with our vendor to determine the status of the package. An email with the current status of your order should have just been sent to you.

Again, sorry for the wait.

ryankavalsky

ryankavalsky wrote:All, just a note of warning. I contacted LG to get my unit fixed, and LG said they won't perform warranty work on refurbished TVs purchased from Woot.com, as LG sees them the same as they would see eBay or any other independent reseller.

Woot directed me to LG's refurbished department, and after filling out forms and working with them for a while, they told me that my TV was not refurbished by LG so they won't be able to service or replace it. If it wasn't refurbished by LG, who was it refurbished by? Interesting...

ThunderThighs

Staff

ryankavalsky wrote:Woot directed me to LG's refurbished department, and after filling out forms and working with them for a while, they told me that my TV was not refurbished by LG so they won't be able to service or replace it. If it wasn't refurbished by LG, who was it refurbished by? Interesting...

It depends on the sale. Each sale will have a warranty that indicates who you should contact for warranty assistance. You can go back to view the warranty info by clicking on the first post in the discussion thread and then clicking on the product name. That will take you to the sale page where the warranty info is on the Features tab.

This sale is warrantied by Woot so you should contact service@woot.com. Pls allow 24-48 business hours for a reply. And be sure to check your spam folder as we end up there a lot.

FORUM MODERATOR

ndheeter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndheeter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd8774tsDMk

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ndheeter wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd8774tsDMk

did you want to elaborate on this? otherwise i cannot deem it a cinematic masterpiece.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

ryankavalsky

I returned my defective television to Woot, and it arrived in your facility on 10/9. I emailed Woot customer support to request information on my refund on 10/18, and have not yet received a response. Woot, when can I expect my refund? I would hate to have this drag out any further than it already has. Thank you.

ROGETRAY

Staff

ryankavalsky wrote:I returned my defective television to Woot, and it arrived in your facility on 10/9. I emailed Woot customer support to request information on my refund on 10/18, and have not yet received a response. Woot, when can I expect my refund? I would hate to have this drag out any further than it already has. Thank you.

Usually the RMA process can take 7-10 business days to receive the return, and usually a couple of days to process the return back to your account. If you still haven't received a refund by Monday October, 22nd, I would recommend that you email in to service@woot.com and let them know, they'll be more than happy to help you find a resolve and assist you with your refund.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff