WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Get Yer Backpacks Here!

Camels keep all sortsa stuff in their backs. Why? Because it's a good place to carry stuff. Unfortunately, unlike camels, we don't have storage humps built in. That's why we need to invest in external ones, also known as backpacks.



Quality Posts


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Carry ALL the things. Compare your Keltys and Wenzels here.

I'm just hanging out, really.

alianthias


quality posts: 1 Private Messages alianthias

Woot! You have teased me again with these backpacks!! ARRGG. I was so excited that I caught this before it could sell out only to find the Kelty 40L isn't in my size... I am 6'4" and only S/M offered for men. I think I shed a silent tear..

elwoodp79


quality posts: 0 Private Messages elwoodp79

when i click the avocet 30 link, it takes me to the womens avocet 20 pack? I'd really like to snag the correct one as i missed out last time.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

elwoodp79 wrote:when i click the avocet 30 link, it takes me to the womens avocet 20 pack? I'd really like to snag the correct one as i missed out last time.

Uh oh. I've sent an urgent email off to the buyer to see which one it's supposed to be. Hopefully it'll be fixed real soon.

UPDATE: And it's already fixed. Just a typo in the title. It's the Avocet 30. Now go buy 3.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Jayp8ntballer88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jayp8ntballer88

I got the larger Wenzel bag last time it was on sport.woot. I really like it, seems to be of fair quality, fits well, plenty of adjustments. I wish there were a few more small individual compartments, but it will do just fine.

Wolf King Warrior USB Ultimate FPS Gaming Pad
Toshiba Gigabeat 60GB Portable Media Player
Logitech Mobile Traveller Bluetooth Headset
Zyxel 802.11G PCI Card 2-Pack

PyxienTX


quality posts: 2 Private Messages PyxienTX

I just purchased the Kelty 23 on Monday. Damn you Woot! I had waited for you to have them, but could wait no longer, as my hiking trip starts next Wednesday. Oh, well. I will console myself with the fact I bought the Charcoal bag, and you aren't offering that one.

muzikanka


quality posts: 1 Private Messages muzikanka

I bought the women' Shrike last time they offered it on w00t and I love it. I have all my gym clothes and work things so I can walk home comfortably. However, the Courser 40 is looking v. tempting right now...

sgtgreeneusmc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
muzikanka wrote:I bought the women' Shrike last time they offered it on w00t and I love it. I have all my gym clothes and work things so I can walk home comfortably. However, the Courser 40 is looking v. tempting right now...



Love my Courser, but I'm a fan of top loaders rather than panels like the Shrike. May be a little big for you if you're just using it to get back and forth to the gym, work, etc., unless you're carrying your scuba fins. But then, maybe you sweat a lot and need the extra towel space. I'm not judging.

sgtgreeneusmc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc

If anyone out there has a new Charcoal Kelty Avocet they would be willing to trade for one of these listed, let me know. Thunder Thighs was supposed to find me one laying around the office, but instead decided her children needed a college education, paid for, no doubt, with all the dirty woot money she's got siphoned away in some off-shore account. (Welcome back TT, and pray he doesn't have too much fun his first semester!)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sgtgreeneusmc wrote:If anyone out there has a new Charcoal Kelty Avocet they would be willing to trade for one of these listed, let me know. Thunder Thighs was supposed to find me one laying around the office, but instead decided her children needed a college education, paid for, no doubt, with all the dirty woot money she's got siphoned away in some off-shore account. (Welcome back TT, and pray he doesn't have too much fun his first semester!)

ROFL. I wish. And it's his 3rd year so he's past the being stupid first quarter thing... mostly. He doesn't take a car so I have to go to rent a car to get stuff out of storage. They won't rent a car to anyone under 25 without paying through the nose.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

muzikanka


quality posts: 1 Private Messages muzikanka
sgtgreeneusmc wrote:Love my Courser, but I'm a fan of top loaders rather than panels like the Shrike. May be a little big for you if you're just using it to get back and forth to the gym, work, etc., unless you're carrying your scuba fins. But then, maybe you sweat a lot and need the extra towel space. I'm not judging.



Hee - actually, I really want a good weekend backpacking pack. Something I can use for hiding in the woods for a few days. The Shrike would work for that, but it would be tight. I like the Shrike for a weekend at a friend's house more, or an airplane carry on.

Then again, I need more camping gear like I need a hole in the head.

morninglark


quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

I am looking for a good bob. I want it to carry the ten essentials plus the new lightweight summer sleeping bag I just brought on the weird site where they only sell one item--oh wait! I mean This great wonderful site where you can get great deals on quality products. ;-)

Anyway is the Coursier large enough to fit a sleeping bag inside with space for other gear. It is described as a weekend bag and I for one would want to sleep during a weekend trip. On the other hand, maybe it's like those size estimates on the tents where they say 6 but they really mean two. :-)

Any advise?

sgtgreeneusmc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
morninglark wrote:I am looking for a good bob. I want it to carry the ten essentials plus the new lightweight summer sleeping bag I just brought on the weird site where they only sell one item--oh wait! I mean This great wonderful site where you can get great deals on quality products. ;-)

Anyway is the Coursier large enough to fit a sleeping bag inside with space for other gear. It is described as a weekend bag and I for one would want to sleep during a weekend trip. On the other hand, maybe it's like those size estimates on the tents where they say 6 but they really mean two. :-)

Any advise?



You're talking about fitting that new High Peak sleeping bag you just ordered. Yes, you can get it in the bottom third of the pack. You should be able to get what you need in here for a day or two, maybe more, but then again, I am a paid professional and have not usually had the luxury of a sleeping bag when it was time to sleep.

Short answer, yes, get yourself a Courser, but note, the only sizes are Women's and S/M for men, so check the sizing chart on Kelty's site.

sgtgreeneusmc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
ThunderThighs wrote:ROFL. I wish. And it's his 3rd year so he's past the being stupid first quarter thing... mostly. He doesn't take a car so I have to go to rent a car to get stuff out of storage. They won't rent a car to anyone under 25 without paying through the nose.



I'm in my mid-thirties and haven't completely outgrown stupid; don't underestimate him.

sgtgreeneusmc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc

alexchld87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexchld87
alianthias wrote:Woot! You have teased me again with these backpacks!! ARRGG. I was so excited that I caught this before it could sell out only to find the Kelty 40L isn't in my size... I am 6'4" and only S/M offered for men. I think I shed a silent tear..



YEA! What happens if I purchase the product and it doesn't fit? does woot do full refunds?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

alexchld87 wrote:YEA! What happens if I purchase the product and it doesn't fit? does woot do full refunds?

Your best bet would be to go to a sporting goods store and try a few on first.

As to returns, the FAQ has this to say:

Will I receive customer support like I'm used to?
Not quite. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn't work, first, find out what you're doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

muzikanka


quality posts: 1 Private Messages muzikanka
alexchld87 wrote:YEA! What happens if I purchase the product and it doesn't fit? does woot do full refunds?



The Kelty website lists some measurments. Also, some of the outdoor gear sites have reviews and comments from people who use this equipement a lot. I always learn things about fit from them.
Mens:
Dimensions:
Length: 28 in / 71 cm
Width: 12 in / 30 cm
Depth: 10.5 in / 27 cm
Volume: 2300 in3 / 38 L
Weight: 3 lb 4 oz / 1.5 kg
Suspension: Fixed
Torso Fit Range:
S/M: 14.5 - 18.5 in / 37 - 47 cm
M/L: 17.5 - 21 in / 44 - 53 cm

Women's:
Dimensions:
Length: 28 in / 71 cm
Width: 12 in / 30 cm
Depth: 10.5 in / 27 cm
Volume: 2300 in3 / 38 L
Weight: 3 lb 4 oz / 1.5 kg
Suspension: Fixed


Torso Fit Range:
14.5 - 18.5 in / 37 - 47 cm