vatchman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages vatchman

Can't beat a Garmin Nuvi. Just purchased 1390T from Amazon for $104. Has traffic, but not free map updates, but I can live without it in Southern California. Freeways and major streets don't change much.

kkd01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kkd01

I bought one a few years back, and was very disappointed with the software. The GPS ability was extremely lacking. Spend a few more bucks and get the GARMIN. Ive had my Garmin ever since, absolutely no problems.

ryedunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryedunn

$99.00
http://www.magellangps.com/Products/Vehicle-Navigation-Refurbished-Units/Magellan-RoadMate-3065T-LM-Refurbished

Sure this is is new, but Im not sure there is that much of price difference that compels me to by this today!

ralphjuliuskrueger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralphjuliuskrueger

I tried to order it and keep getting this Your payment authorization was denied. Please try your order again later Who is denying and why?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ralphjuliuskrueger wrote:I tried to order it and keep getting this Your payment authorization was denied. Please try your order again later Who is denying and why?

Wouldn't know, friend. You may want to try an alternate card/payment method, or contact your card issuer/bank (always wise), and possibly service@woot.com if you've done this and everything is on the up 'n up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kayakernc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayakernc
bheck wrote:
If you have a Toyota hybrid (Camry, Prius, etc.), be aware that the electronics interfere with GPS untis. Garmins pretty much won't work at all; Magellans do work if placed properly.

As a Prius owner, I'm going to have to call BS on your interference statement.
Never had a problem like you describe.

ralphjuliuskrueger

inkycatz wrote:Wouldn't know, friend. You may want to try an alternate card/payment method, or contact your card issuer/bank (always wise), and possibly service@woot.com if you've done this and everything is on the up 'n up.

Got me cuz Pay pal said they had no problem?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ralphjuliuskrueger wrote:Got me cuz Pay pal said they had no problem?

Looks like service@woot.com is your next stop, we forum sorts aren't able to assist with this problem beyond pointing you in the right direction.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bheck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bheck
kayakernc wrote:As a Prius owner, I'm going to have to call BS on your interference statement.
Never had a problem like you describe.

I have experienced this issue with my 2007 Camry Hybrid and it has been widely reported on discussion boards. I do not have experience with a Prius, but had heard reports of the same issue. Those reports could have been in error, or it could be that the problem disappeared across model changes.

ralphjuliuskrueger

inkycatz wrote:Looks like service@woot.com is your next stop, we forum sorts aren't able to assist with this problem beyond pointing you in the right direction.

Thanks

hvac1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hvac1000

Note to Master card holders. It seems right now Master card is withholding some payments to some vendors because of a info theft type problem. Just went through it with a Pay Pal deal and Sears. Finally had to call Master Card and give them a bunch of info to prove who I was and that the order was legit. I have been a member of master Card since 1992 and have a 30,000.00 limit and never carry a monthly balance since I always pay it off so I could not understand what all the BS was about but I know now it was just a way to protect the Master Card company and myself. It also almost gave me a vapor lock since I never had to deal with stuff like this before on my credit cards. Sorry to be long winded but I thought this may also be happening to you all.

Still like Woot but it is changing and I liked the old Woot better. Thank you for understanding my rant.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

hvac1000 wrote:Thank you for understanding my rant.

i'm not sure that i do.

could you provide us with any additional information - maybe something from MC? (shoot an email to customer service, if you'd like.)

if you're describing a security concern specific to Woot, we obviously want to investigate that on our end.

however, if it's a general security measure that your CC company has decided to perform, then Woot's varying levels of awesomeness probably can't be blamed. (i mean, it's a bit of a stretch!)

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

pixseal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixseal
bheck wrote:I have experienced this issue with my 2007 Camry Hybrid and it has been widely reported on discussion boards. I do not have experience with a Prius, but had heard reports of the same issue. Those reports could have been in error, or it could be that the problem disappeared across model changes.

No problem with using an external Garmin GPS in our 2007 Camry Hybrid

pennyhub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennyhub

I had that happen on a weekend at a gas station from my debit/visa. Didn't know what was going on since I had plenty of money in my account. Turned out the banks computer system had crashed during this time. Good thing I wasn't out of town. Maybe that is what happened with yours. Just try a different card if possible.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
snosbig wrote:Still undecided....my trusty 1972 Rand McNally (although a bit tattered on the edges) works just fine.

Ted Kaczynski, is that you?

aperotti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aperotti

Anyone else had trouble registering their unit?

Woot History: 36 woots and counting...

skoper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skoper

This came pretty quick, and it looked all nice and pretty, in a brand new box. Unfortunately, this looks like a turkey. In order to update the software and maps, you have to use an application called Content Manager. Unfortunately, Contact Manager appears unable to log into Magellan's servers. I get a message, "Server Busy. Please Try Again." This comes with lifetime maps, but if you have to spend a lifetime trying to connect to the server, it's not worth much.
Other oddities--when (or if) the battery is charging, there's no light or indicator to tell for sure. The USB cord that came with it has a slightly longer mini-DIN plug than my other cords. My mini-DIN plug in chargers don't seem to work with it. The device shows up in Content Manager on my laptop (Vista), but not on my desktop (Windows 7).
They say to turn off firewall and antivirus, did that, no difference. I'm waiting for a response from tech support, but right now, this does not look like a good deal after all.

centralparkschool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages centralparkschool
skoper wrote:This came pretty quick, and it looked all nice and pretty, in a brand new box. Unfortunately, this looks like a turkey. In order to update the software and maps, you have to use an application called Content Manager. Unfortunately, Contact Manager appears unable to log into Magellan's servers. I get a message, "Server Busy. Please Try Again." This comes with lifetime maps, but if you have to spend a lifetime trying to connect to the server, it's not worth much.
Other oddities--when (or if) the battery is charging, there's no light or indicator to tell for sure. The USB cord that came with it has a slightly longer mini-DIN plug than my other cords. My mini-DIN plug in chargers don't seem to work with it. The device shows up in Content Manager on my laptop (Vista), but not on my desktop (Windows 7).
They say to turn off firewall and antivirus, did that, no difference. I'm waiting for a response from tech support, but right now, this does not look like a good deal after all.

I am unfortunately feeling your pain. I received my last weekend and was really excited until I plugged my into the computer and it did an update and now won't work. I have contacted customer service who did respond quickly but their suggestions did not work to get it out of the looping it appears to be doing. So now they are saying to send it to them and they will exchange it for a refurbished one. After reading everything here and wasn't thrilled to go from a new unit to a refurbished one, I am not sure I am going to keep this. I may contact woot later today after I see if I get another response from customer service to return this item. Very disappointed though because I have a trip in two weeks and was looking forward to using it, plus wanted to try out the traffic feature.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

centralparkschool wrote:I am unfortunately feeling your pain. I received my last weekend and was really excited until I plugged my into the computer and it did an update and now won't work. I have contacted customer service who did respond quickly but their suggestions did not work to get it out of the looping it appears to be doing. So now they are saying to send it to them and they will exchange it for a refurbished one. After reading everything here and wasn't thrilled to go from a new unit to a refurbished one, I am not sure I am going to keep this. I may contact woot later today after I see if I get another response from customer service to return this item. Very disappointed though because I have a trip in two weeks and was looking forward to using it, plus wanted to try out the traffic feature.

Sorry for the problems with the GPS. If you haven't already, you might email service@woot.com to see if they have any other option for you.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad
markbiss wrote:We are on our second Magellan and prefer them. We had a Garmin as well in one of our two vehicles and didnt think it was nearly as easy to use as the Magellan. One of the best things about this unit is the lane selection feature,

Note that almost all current Garmins have lane guidance, and have for several years.