dpostman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dpostman
wootified wrote:he specifically said he lacked software to put the map together. try to keep up


you try to keep up. cut the paper paste the paper what software is involved?

binners


quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

Please stop...

dpostman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dpostman

is the treasure burried under the spot marked with an X of bacon?

ryanrt57


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanrt57
jaymanmsu wrote:My prediction: the red letters form a coupon code ala the April Fools Buccaneers of Caribbean from many years back.



Maybe, but I'm thinking it could unscramble to form a URL?

If you take the red letters we can see, plus assume that the item at top-right is Worst Woot-Off Ever, we are a 'w' and 'o' away from having:

www woot com

and then a bunch of other letters to descramble.

1rudeboy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages 1rudeboy
jaymanmsu wrote:My prediction: the red letters form a coupon code ala the April Fools Buccaneers of Caribbean from many years back.



The million dollar 'cabbages. classic!

storbinc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages storbinc

OK I wont tell you I have already solved this puZzle

wootified


quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified
dpostman wrote:you try to keep up. cut the paper paste the paper what software is involved?



NONE - because he doesn't HAVE ANY.

I otherwise fart in your general direction.

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

kristina1225


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina1225
ryanrt57 wrote:Maybe, but I'm thinking it could unscramble to form a URL?

If you take the red letters we can see, plus assume that the item at top-right is Worst Woot-Off Ever, we are a 'w' and 'o' away from having:

www woot com

and then a bunch of other letters to descramble.



Maybe I'm missing something. I have N-P-T-D-M-I-C-K-E-P-W-A-A visible on my map. How do you get any part of www.woot.com out of that?

sara567


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sara567
kristina1225 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something. I have N-P-T-D-M-I-C-K-E-P-W-A-A visible on my map. How do you get any part of www.woot.com out of that?




you should also have a M and S, but it doesn't take away from your point. although, i'm pretty sure the op was making a joke.

rogerrecio76


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogerrecio76

i'm all caught up i think. i went elementary and printed, cut, and paste.

don't judge. i have alot of free time here at work. blah....i mean AAARRRG! *hook finger*

wasserkapf


quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf

Food for thought:

Dead Meme Isle

Meme is to copy or to ape. A monkey is related to an ape.

Where am I going with this? You tell me!

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
rogerrecio76 wrote:i'm all caught up i think. i went elementary and printed, cut, and paste.

don't judge. i have alot of free time here at work. blah....i mean AAARRRG! *hook finger*



Just don't glue your fingers together.

I'm just hanging out, really.

sara567


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sara567
rogerrecio76 wrote:i'm all caught up i think. i went elementary and printed, cut, and paste.

don't judge. i have alot of free time here at work. blah....i mean AAARRRG! *hook finger*




I have no free time at work, but craft time is much more fun than what i should be doing. I know I should have just used paint or something on my computer, but much more fun to waste company supplies in the form of ink, paper, tape.

wooting4keeps


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps
rogerrecio76 wrote:i'm all caught up i think. i went elementary and printed, cut, and paste.

don't judge. i have alot of free time here at work. blah....i mean AAARRRG! *hook finger*



With the letters shown on the map so far, I plugged it in and the code is: PIMP SMACK WANTED.

Nptdmickeaapwms


  • First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

wootified


quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootified
inkycatz wrote:Just don't glue your fingers together.



Isn't that most of the fun?

P.S. I've stopped keeping this up to date
Woot:75 Sell:15 Kids:12 Shirts:0 Wine:44

benswitzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benswitzer

So far I have "Pick me want pads" hmm

duodec


quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec
wasserkapf wrote:Food for thought:

Dead Meme Isle

Meme is to copy or to ape. A monkey is related to an ape.

Where am I going with this? You tell me!



Then perhaps I have the key... it's kind of a dead monkey anyway. Well, more undead, but maybe it still counts.


Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

Jessara


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara

The part above 'Ever' has to be 'Worst Wootoff', as referenced by the roll of -oh no, I'm not going to run afoul of one of your filters, inkycatz or TT et al.

clubhubie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clubhubie

By my calcs there's a minimum 6 more pieces to go.... anyone else feeling me with this conclusion?

Gabemax


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gabemax
kristina1225 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something. I have N-P-T-D-M-I-C-K-E-P-W-A-A visible on my map. How do you get any part of www.woot.com out of that?



with the missed m and s you can spell lots of things:

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=NPTDMICKEPWAAMS&t=1000&a=n

rogerrecio76


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogerrecio76
Gabemax wrote:with the missed m and s you can spell lots of things:

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=NPTDMICKEPWAAMS&t=1000&a=n



you just opened a can of worms for me.



arg. *hookfinger*

edit: i just found an eyepatch from a past halloween in my desk. guess what i'm wearing.

benswitzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benswitzer

while worst woot off ever makes sense, most of the names have some sort of pirate/sea reference. I dont know how worst woot off would work in that context.

kristina1225


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina1225
clubhubie wrote:By my calcs there's a minimum 6 more pieces to go.... anyone else feeling me with this conclusion?



I figured there would be at least 9 pieces, so it's possible there are even more.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Jessara wrote:The part above 'Ever' has to be 'Worst Wootoff', as referenced by the roll of -oh no, I'm not going to run afoul of one of your filters, inkycatz or TT et al.



What fun is having this huge net if no one steps in it?

I'm just hanging out, really.

rogerrecio76


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogerrecio76
benswitzer wrote:while worst woot off ever makes sense, most of the names have some sort of pirate/sea reference. I dont know how worst woot off would work in that context.



the way the letters are designed...the capitalized W doesn't have a downward swoopy curl (technical term) the word above ever, does. you can see it if you look closely.


ugh. i know i'm wrong. i can feel it in me bones.

Brodie38


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brodie38
kristina1225 wrote:I figured there would be at least 9 pieces, so it's possible there are even more.



The original blog post mentioned something about scattering the pieces across the seven seas. Maybe there are two really big pieces left?

::thinks for a second::
::doubts himself::

vernon71


quality posts: 2 Private Messages vernon71

how about "Ominously" or "Mutinously" ?

Slydon


quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

trentholmes wrote:Hey TT are staff (you) of Woot allowed to participate? I did not people affiliated with woot could participate in this. If not no big deal and just a misunderstanding on my part, but just curious.



We keep her too busy to participate even if she wanted to.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

juliebee3


quality posts: 1 Private Messages juliebee3
redshoes wrote:Mine too! Yay!



Mine as well! YAY for getting older.

Shiori


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiori

There's some weather going on on the far left side. Wonder if that correlates to anything we already have uncovered or not.

FeeJswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FeeJswoot
clubhubie wrote:By my calcs there's a minimum 6 more pieces to go.... anyone else feeling me with this conclusion?



guessing by average size of the pieces and the winding path I can tend to agree with that, but I could see there being an error of ±2 just because the Woot pirates wanted to.

benswitzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benswitzer

my wife thinks the bacon on the map and the bacon on home.woot might be related :+P

Stones2407


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stones2407

How many pieces do you all have?

rogerrecio76


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogerrecio76
Stones2407 wrote:How many pieces do you all have?



i think the current count is at 5 as of 1:30 cst.

Stones2407


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stones2407
rogerrecio76 wrote:i think the current count is at 5 as of 1:30 cst.



Thank you! Its storming bad here so I was trying to round up the animals before they blew away, didnt want to miss anything.

fierytresses


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fierytresses

I hope I win.

LoveLost


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoveLost

Cmon people buy that extinguisher I want more puzzle pieces.

wasserkapf


quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet:

Above "Acquisition Atoll" is the Amazon smile, upside down so that it is a frown.

This may mean something...or not.

RobinBobcat


quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat
Slydon wrote:We keep her too busy to participate even if she wanted to.



Giggidy...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
Jessara wrote:The part above 'Ever' has to be 'Worst Wootoff', as referenced by the roll of -oh no, I'm not going to run afoul of one of your filters, inkycatz or TT et al.



I am wondering if the whole word OFF in "Worst Woot OFF Ever" will be red. This could be used for the "Offers" part of the URL.