hamiltwan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hamiltwan
techie682 wrote:Here is a huge hint posted on the blog page a few hours ago on deciphering the map (or it could literally be a red herring) http://www.woot.com/blog/post/from-the-desk-of-the-office-manager-the-treasure-of-managerial-assessment

Edit: the solution is posted on page 20 or 21 of this thread.

But none of the map is in bold...

rhmurphy

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rhmurphy
Joshana wrote:3 more pieces left? 3 more hours left?

There can't be. It's almost 11:00PM, and this is supposed to be completed before 12:00. If they're going to run this past EST, they're telling everyone in that timezone to stop being customers.

Woot! Now 100+ woots for me!
That's 87 woots (Including Twelve Bats On Crack!), 12 Sellout.woots, 8 wine.woots and 4 kids.woots, and finally, 2 shirt.woots!

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44
techie682 wrote:Here is a huge hint posted on the blog page a few hours ago on deciphering the map (or it could literally be a red herring) http://www.woot.com/blog/post/from-the-desk-of-the-office-manager-the-treasure-of-managerial-assessment

Lol.

rogerrecio76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogerrecio76

ok...i've been working on this since the first piece...and i'm losing momentum. i've done all the treasure hunting..but...i have a feeling...i'll get nothing out of this treasure hunt except this nifty map i've print, cut, and pasted, cause i know nothing of buccaneers of the Caribbean...or some of the other past woot references.

i am myrtle. the melancholy pirate. *looks through hookfinger*

*sigh* arg.

mommacomet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mommacomet
Jessara wrote:And remember: we were promised one map each day, NOT one Buccaneers of Caribbean each day, unless I'm misremembering.

OH That would be a cruel twist of fate..

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Really? A $230 subwoofer. I could die.

For sale: $12/Free Shipping

ketira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ketira

...and it's not a hint, but a red herring.

[color=#990099]When I understand this place, I'll add something here.[/color]

techie682

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techie682
mommacomet wrote:OH That would be a cruel twist of fate..

There be two maps, each leading to stashes of my namesake treasure; one fer Tuesday, one fer Wednesday. Find them, and ye'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams! (If yer wildest dreams be extremely underwhelming.)

Edit: Me thinks there be two treasures...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hamiltwan wrote:Someone should start posting images of the map (to attract the attention of woot mods) and begging them to finish so we can sleep (perchance to dream).

You hold your mouth sir!!!!

jallenza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jallenza
ROGETRAY wrote:
Woot Mod Hammer:
Killing Map posts since 12:00am CST

Given the disclosure of the existence of the Mod Hammer, I suppose the prophecy of the Sword of 1000 Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s, as foretold by Salzman in accounting's second cousin Frank's murder, Benedict, was NOT just the rantings of a psychopath?

sgghays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgghays

What is Buccaneers of the Caribbean for us new people?

faryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faryl

I guess on a somewhat positive note, I've been so focused on finding TREASURE posts that I haven't remembered to look at the other woot-offs today.

So I may not get a Buccaneers of Caribbean but I probably saved myself at least $100 worth of other household items.

hamiltwan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hamiltwan
ROGETRAY wrote:You hold your mouth sir!!!!

Like a cop one day from retirement, I'm too old for this shhhhhhhh (I just want to go to bed).

caroltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroltz
sgghays wrote:What is Buccaneers of the Caribbean for us new people?

It's a secret society of treasure hunters. Shhhh....don't tell anyone.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

ketira

ROGETRAY wrote:
Woot Mod Hammer:

With that avatar, I'd thought you'd have one of the light sabers..... *G,D,RLH@W13* (Think Star Trek to figure that one out)

GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
ROGETRAY wrote:
Woot Mod Hammer:

But come on, you LOL'd right?

techie682

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techie682
ketira wrote:...and it's not a hint, but a red herring.

aye, but sometimes a red herring is still a hint in itself.....Wouldn't be the first time that Woot used a red herring to teach a lesson...

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Hear! HeaZZZzzzzzz...

hamiltwan wrote:Like a cop one day from retirement, I'm too old for this shhhhhhhh (I just want to go to bed).

For sale: $12/Free Shipping

exp1os1ve

quality posts: 2 Private Messages exp1os1ve
sgghays wrote:What is Buccaneers of the Caribbean for us new people?

It's the way of the pirate. ARR!

B.O. Sea #15: 08/22/13

kle11az

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kle11az
faryl wrote:I guess on a somewhat positive note, I've been so focused on finding TREASURE posts that I haven't remembered to look at the other woot-offs today.

So I may not get a Buccaneers of Caribbean but I probably saved myself at least $100 worth of other household items.

Oh so true...

figment5000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages figment5000
rogerrecio76 wrote:ok...i've been working on this since the first piece...and i'm losing momentum. i've done all the treasure hunting..but...i have a feeling...i'll get nothing out of this treasure hunt except this nifty map i've print, cut, and pasted, cause i know nothing of buccaneers of the Caribbean...or some of the other past woot references.

i am myrtle. the melancholy pirate. *looks through hookfinger*

*sigh* arg.

The "nifty map" that you make will be better than any crap that is sent out!

10/12/2006 Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD Player w/ HD Upconversion HDMI Out and DivX Playback
4/29/2006 Altec Lansing inMotion iMplus iPod Audio System
6/1/2007 Random Crap
6/20/2007 Jabra BT150 Bluetooth Headset
11/23/2007 iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot
12/7/2007 iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaning Robot with Scheduler

Stones2407

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stones2407

Where does a Pirate keep his buccaneers?

caroltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroltz
Stones2407 wrote:Where does a Pirate keep his buccaneers?

Under his buccan hat, duh.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
rhmurphy wrote:, they're telling everyone in that timezone to stop being customers.

Or they are telling us just to buy the stuff quicker and to stop being so indecisive.

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr
yrguide wrote:I'm going to make everyone's life easier...

go to pixlr.com (advanced editor)

click "create new image"

Set your width & height to 2000 x 2000, click "transparent"

Go to the puzzle piece on woot you want to add, right click on it and click "copy image URL"

Go back to pixlr.com, click on layer then in the drop down click on "Open Image URL as layer"

Add the image URL you selected above.

In the left toolbar click on the magic wand tool (it totes looks like a magic wand)

click on the WHITE area of the image and you'll see the puzzle piece automatically outlined. Click delete and presto all the white is gone. Double click canvas to deselect the outline. Move as needed.

Wash, rinse, repeat until all of your puzzle pieces are on the canvas.

Love,

Me

Yeah, I'm good until "copy image url", which is not an option when I "right click"

Stones2407

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stones2407
caroltz wrote:Under his buccan hat, duh.

^_^

rjanecek2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rjanecek2
Stones2407 wrote:Where does a Pirate keep his buccaneers?

under his buccan hat!

TapatioUSA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TapatioUSA
ketira wrote:...and it's not a hint, but a red herring.

Actually, is a hint... maybe you didn't got it.

rhmurphy

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rhmurphy
Orcrist42 wrote:Or they are telling us just to buy the stuff quicker and to stop being so indecisive.

Yeah, possibly.

Woot! Now 100+ woots for me!
That's 87 woots (Including Twelve Bats On Crack!), 12 Sellout.woots, 8 wine.woots and 4 kids.woots, and finally, 2 shirt.woots!

Dangrs0ne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dangrs0ne
techie682 wrote:aye, but sometimes a red herring is still a hint in itself.....Wouldn't be the first time that Woot used a red herring to teach a lesson...

I just read this...
A red herring is a figurative expression in which a clue or piece of information is or is intended to be misleading, or distracting from the actual question.

Debbie Taylor

tugnutt831

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tugnutt831
rhmurphy wrote:There can't be. It's almost 11:00PM, and this is supposed to be completed before 12:00. If they're going to run this past EST, they're telling everyone in that timezone to stop being customers.

Remember, Woot is based in Texas and follows CST, not EST, so when they say completed before 12:00 they always mean Central time, not Eastern, hence why new items show up at 1AM Eastern...

...also, chill.

Basket of Cranberries Count to Date: 18

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

How much did the pirate pay to get his ears pierced?

ROGETRAY

Staff

jallenza wrote:Given the disclosure of the existence of the Mod Hammer, I suppose the prophecy of the Sword of 1000 Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s, as foretold by Salzman in accounting's second cousin Frank's murder, Benedict, was NOT just the rantings of a psychopath?

mommacomet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mommacomet

Our Buccaneers of Caribbean treasure could be.... the treasure map itself! LOL

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

Okay I just spent an hour catching up with all the current pieces... hoping all this effort isn't in vain!

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
GuardianBob wrote:Oh you don't have an outline? That sucks.

Sent you a PM

GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
novastarj wrote:Okay I just spent an hour catching up with all the current pieces... hoping all this effort isn't in vain!

Nah, I use gimp.

ROGETRAY

Staff

GuardianBob wrote:But come on, you LOL'd right?

YES I DID

SEEDEN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SEEDEN
techie682 wrote:Edit: Me thinks there be two treasures...

I am afraid I will need to find both maps to score the Buccaneers of Caribbean..

ketira

tugnutt831 wrote:Remember, Woot is based in Texas and follows CST, not EST, so when they say completed before 12:00 they always mean Central time, not Eastern, hence why new items show up at 1AM Eastern...

...also, chill.

You mean EDT. We're in Daylight Savings until November. (Which is when Hurricane season ends....)