RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

You know.. I have a question: When the final piece of the maps pop up, is it going to be a mad dash, with only a privilaged few getting the goods, or is it going to be a bit more relaxed?

Meow

Go Squarryls!

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
RobinBobcat wrote:You know.. I have a question: When the final piece of the maps pop up, is it going to be a mad dash, with only a privilaged few getting the goods, or is it going to be a bit more relaxed?

always been a dash.

Still just one piece so far, right?

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

gigi889

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gigi889

Well, good luck to all of you! Have looked and clicked at that thing for awhile now and get nothing. Will continue to enjoy the rest of you trying and your comments. Off to work.

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria
gigi889 wrote:Well, good luck to all of you! Have looked and clicked at that thing for awhile now and get nothing. Will continue to enjoy the rest of you trying and your comments. Off to work.

You can always give it another try later, we still have plenty of pieces to find.

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

I finally feel like I have a chance again now that the Bags of Crap aren't being posted on social media sites.

I am going to be so mad if the last puzzle piece points to a social media site.

theQueenZ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theQueenZ

[quote postid="5167147"

I am going to be so mad if the last puzzle piece points to a social media site.[/quote]

You and me both

wilkco2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilkco2002

TWO so far?

andy2010

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andy2010

So how many pieces have been given out, already? Because some people, like me, sleep at night before coming to work, you know? I knew I should have called off work today, darn it.

xion824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xion824

So I saw -TREASURE-, but there was nothign to click on. No "map" piece. Am I missing something here?

"D'ya hear that, matey? There's -TREASURE- afoot!"

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier

How exactly does one dig? I found one...

zakbergdoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zakbergdoll

Search on the item's page.

xion824 wrote:So I saw -TREASURE-, but there was nothign to click on. No "map" piece. Am I missing something here?

"D'ya hear that, matey? There's -TREASURE- afoot!"

xion824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xion824
zakbergdoll wrote:Search on the item's page.

Yeah. Found it right after I posted. /facepalm

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
ThunderThighs wrote:Or just print them and get your scissors out.

I did exactly this and it is starting to look pretty SWEET!

strangerzdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strangerzdanger
theQueenZ wrote:You and me both

Too late the people at slick deals are already linking the pieces so far.
http://slickdeals.net/f/5207576-Woot-off-s-Home-Woot-off-Sports-Woot-off-Kids-Woot-off-Wine-Woot-off-9-18?&page=2

kristina1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina1225

It's going to take me all day just to go through what's in the blog so far. Hope my boss doesn't care that I'm not doing any real work today!

bam2379

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bam2379
redshoes wrote:Mine too! Yay!

Me too, Happy Birthday!

kristina1225

Can anybody tell me how many there have been? I don't mind searching, just don't want to miss any

cuzzo555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuzzo555
Jason Toon wrote:Look for the word "TREASURE" in this space:

When you see it, click through to that sale's detail page, and look for the map fragment.

Put the map fragments together throughout the course of each day - there'll be one map on Tuesday and one on Wednesday.

THEN ALL SHALL BE REVEALED

strangerzdanger

kristina1225 wrote:Can anybody tell me how many there have been? I don't mind searching, just don't want to miss any

I believe 2.

kristina1225

strangerzdanger wrote:I believe 2.

Thank you much!

surfphoto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages surfphoto

3rd piece

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf

For those of you who don't have a program to join the images, GIMP is a free program that you can use. It primarily is a Linux program, but there is a windows version too:

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

It is not really easy to figure out how to use GIMP, so here are some step-by-step instructions:

Using GIMP to join images

1) In the Toolbox, select the "Paths Tool: Create and edit paths". Or use the "b" shortcut key.

2) Go around the image, clicking at each point or indent. When you get to the end, click a point next to the first, and drag it on top of the first to create a loop.

3) From the menu above the image, choose: Select-->From Path

4) Then choose: Edit-->Copy

5) Now create a new image to paste it into. File-->New-->Template=1600x1200 (I picked a large one so that I can paste all the pieces into it).

6) On the new image choose: Edit-->Paste. On the Toolbox, select the crossbars "Move" tool, or use the "m" shortcut key. Move the pasted image to where you want it.

7) Choose: Layer-->Anchor Layer

8) Save all altered images, and wait for the next piece.

Have Fun!

kristina1225

surfphoto wrote:3rd piece

Got all three, that didn't take as long as I anticipated. Guess I actually do have to work today

sirgeb27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sirgeb27

So should we be worried that the top right of the map looks like it could say "worst woot off ever"?

kristina1225

wasserkapf wrote:For those of you who don't have a program to join the images, GIMP is a free program that you can use. It primarily is a Linux program, but there is a windows version too:

It is not really easy to figure out how to use GIMP, so here are some step-bystep instructions:

1) In the Toolbox, select the "Paths Tool: Create and edit paths". Or use the "b" shortcut key.

2) Go around the image, clicking at each point or indent. When you get to the end, click a point next to the first, and drag it on top of the first to create a loop.

5) Now create a new image to paste it into. File-->New-->Template=1600x1200 (I picked a large one so that I can paste all the pieces into it).

6) On the new image choose: Edit-->Paste. On the Toolbox, select the crossbars "Move" tool, or use the "m" shortcut key. Move the pasted image to where you want it.

7) Save all altered images, and wait for the next piece.

Have Fun!

Maybe it's just me, but the idea of printing them, cutting them out, then putting the map together manually just seems too awesome to pass up.

wasserkapf

kristina1225 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but the idea of printing them, cutting them out, then putting the map together manually just seems too awesome to pass up.

Nothing is more awesome than using a computer!!

VolleyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VolleyB
wasserkapf wrote:For those of you who don't have a program to join the images, GIMP is a free program that you can use. It primarily is a Linux program, but there is a windows version too:

It is not really easy to figure out how to use GIMP, so here are some step-by-step instructions:

7) Choose: Layer-->Anchor Layer

8) Save all altered images, and wait for the next piece.

Have Fun!

Or, you could just use paint.

Open each part in a separate window, use select tool to surround shape and ctrl-c copy, paste onto blank sheet with transparent background selected, repeat with each piece.

Crazymanrobert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crazymanrobert
VolleyB wrote:Or, you could just use paint.

Open each part in a separate window, use select tool to surround shape and ctrl-c copy, paste onto blank sheet with transparent background selected, repeat with each piece.

This is what I do! lol It is sooooo much easier than to go here, download here, install this, don't install spamware, open new program I've NEVER used before, figure out what is what... that's ok. I'll stick with good ol' fashioned paint. XD

WOOT Cherrry broken on 12/13/06 at 12:30am

strangerzdanger

The "usual" places already have copies stitched together. I'm using paint.net It's kinda fun doing it yourself.

wasserkapf

VolleyB wrote:Or, you could just use paint.

Gimp is more akin to Photoshop. Once installed, you can do things that Paint can't do.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 36 Private Messages skispeakeasy

I'd say this is a treasure hunt for those who don't have to work... Pass.

Crazymanrobert

Well, back to work I go. I hope something nice that I can use and afford pops up. WOOT! Y DO U ALWAYS HAVE WOOTOFFS BEFORE I GET PAID!!!!!!! Y'all lose so much money from me it's not even funny and I get so depressed. I want to buy a tv and headphones and cool stuff on the fly! Cause when I go to the stores I sit and debate and say naah I don't need it. But from you woot, I would BUY IT ALL.. almost. lol But I need money!!!

fubar1982

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fubar1982

If anyone is interested

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwmcdHaOATxuNmw1YjZEeHYxLVk/edit

I will try to collect and post all images. I also have a job, a girlfriend, 2 cats and a life.

wasserkapf

Crazymanrobert wrote:This is what I do! lol It is sooooo much easier than to go here, download here, install this, don't install spamware, open new program I've NEVER used before, figure out what is what... that's ok. I'll stick with good ol' fashioned paint. XD

NOT SPAMWARE!!

Linux developers do not create spamware. Especially if you download it from the original developer's web site.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fubar1982 wrote:If anyone is interested

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwmcdHaOATxuNmw1YjZEeHYxLVk/edit

I will try to collect and post all images. I also have a job, a girlfriend, 2 cats and a life.

No fair. You have a life.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm
strangerzdanger wrote:The "usual" places already have copies stitched together. I'm using paint.net It's kinda fun doing it yourself.

Those usual places are fail. Dead to me now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wasserkapf wrote:NOT SPAMWARE!!

Linux developers do not create spamware. Especially if you download it from the original developer's web site.

Agree. GIMP is not spamware. It's open source alternative to Photoshop. But seriously, you can just print them and cut them out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Crazymanrobert

skispeakeasy wrote:I'd say this is a treasure hunt for those who don't have to work... Pass.

This is why I love working from home! Nothing is better. No nagging co-workers, no boss telling me to get my butt somewhere's (unless my wife is home from her job), and I can break and do whatever I want, whenever I want! But I guess I'm being lazy today. But unlike regular jobs... I have to work 7 days a week. But the payoff is great.

donnemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnemo

So here's a question. Are the map fragments relegated to the main woot tab or will the sub-woots have them as well?

Crazymanrobert

wasserkapf wrote:NOT SPAMWARE!!

So, there is no boxes saying click to install this this this and this? I hate that cause there is always at least 1 box that is left clicked and something stupid installs and messes things up. Also, DID NOT mean to offend anyone with the spamware comment. Just so annoying when people do that. Didn't mean to accuse, just... I just fixed everything back again because of bloatware programs installing stuff behind my ... wallpaper. lol Anyway, I'll check it out!