kristina1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina1225
ThunderThighs wrote:Agree. GIMP is not spamware. It's open source alternative to Photoshop. But seriously, you can just print them and cut them out.

Already have my 3 pieces taped together, it's so pretty!

Crazymanrobert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crazymanrobert
donnemo wrote:So here's a question. Are the map fragments relegated to the main woot tab or will the sub-woots have them as well?

The Main woot tab from what I've noticed... I could be wrong.

WOOT Cherrry broken on 12/13/06 at 12:30am

kristina1225

donnemo wrote:So here's a question. Are the map fragments relegated to the main woot tab or will the sub-woots have them as well?

Just on the main woot site.

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
Crazymanrobert wrote:So, there is no boxes saying click to install this this this and this? I hate that cause there is always at least 1 box that is left clicked and something stupid installs and messes things up. Also, DID NOT mean to offend anyone with the spamware comment. Just so annoying when people do that. Didn't mean to accuse, just... I just fixed everything back again because of bloatware programs installing stuff behind my ... wallpaper. lol Anyway, I'll check it out!

I confess, I don't actually know what the Windows installer process is, because I don't use Windows.

adventureinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adventureinc
ThunderThighs wrote:But seriously, you can just print them and cut them out.

My coworkers must think i'm crazy. I already got my scissors and tape out. I feel like I'm in kindergarten again. I need to order some paste.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

adventureinc wrote:My coworkers must think i'm crazy. I already got my scissors and tape out. I feel like I'm in kindergarten again. I need to order some paste.

Make sure to get the kind with the stick in it. It tastes best.

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Crazymanrobert

ThunderThighs wrote:Make sure to get the kind with the stick in it. It tastes best.

Brings back memories. :D

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG
ThunderThighs wrote:Make sure to get the kind with the stick in it. It tastes best.

Oooh! And now that we're, at least technically, "grownups," no one can stop us from eating it! A perk of old age!

Wra1th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wra1th

Arrrrr, Hoist tha main sales, Matey! Or yull be sawbbin tha deck. Arrrrr!

Crazymanrobert

Wra1th wrote:Arrrrr, Hoist tha main sales, Matey! Or yull be sawbbin tha deck. Arrrrr!

I call the Poop Deck! heheh poop XD

ryanrt57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanrt57

I admire the scissors and paste people, but the reality is, once you print out the last piece and put it in place and see what you're supposed to do, you will find yourself looking at a "Sold Out" button for a Buccaneers of Caribbean

Any speculation as to how we'll have to use the map once it's all there? Seems like there won't just be a URL on the final piece. I'm thinking the red letters have something to do with it. Either we'll have to put them all in order in a woot.com URL, or they will unscramble to form some other word.

Or are they actually clues to a path we have to take through the woot site? Maybe like the old choose-your-own-adventure Buccaneers of Caribbean

I hope my work does not interfere with being able to finish this effort. I haven't been able to score a Buccaneers of Caribbean since December!

musicalman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages musicalman

I do preferrrrrr this method to having to reload the page all day and night only to have the Buccaneers of Caribbean pop up when I sneeze and *POOF* Buccaneers of Caribbean arrrrrrrre all gone.

kristina1225

ryanrt57 wrote:I admire the scissors and paste people, but the reality is, once you print out the last piece and put it in place and see what you're supposed to do, you will find yourself looking at a "Sold Out" button for a Buccaneers of Caribbean

Any speculation as to how we'll have to use the map once it's all there? Seems like there won't just be a URL on the final piece. I'm thinking the red letters have something to do with it. Either we'll have to put them all in order in a woot.com URL, or they will unscramble to form some other word.

Or are they actually clues to a path we have to take through the woot site? Maybe like the old choose-your-own-adventure Buccaneers of Caribbean

I hope my work does not interfere with being able to finish this effort. I haven't been able to score a Buccaneers of Caribbean since December!

I've never gotten one, so I can't really sympathize lol. Someday it will happen, but probably when I'm 90 and can barely lift the package from the front door of my assisted living apartment.

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
RobinBobcat wrote:By the way: I would like very much to thank Woot staff for these sorts of things. I know they take time and all, but anything that helps circumvent the bag-swiping bot scourge is okay in my book. Even if I don't get one, I like to know I had a chance.

Second the motion, or aye aye, or something.

Crazymanrobert

Jessara wrote:Second the motion, or aye aye, or something.

I Can't HEAR YOU!

AYE AYE CAPTAIN!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kristina1225

Crazymanrobert wrote:I Can't HEAR YOU!

AYE AYE CAPTAIN!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you.

Thanks for getting that stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

tnode192

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tnode192

The question is do we really need all these pieces, or just the final one with URL on it?

Hopefully there is more to it than that.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Arrr.. I not be worried. I'm sure that Crapbeard's booty be ample enough to handle every sailor that approaches it.

... what?

Meow

Go Squarryls!

Jessara

RobinBobcat wrote:Arrr.. I not be worried. I'm sure that Crapbeard's booty be ample enough to handle every sailor that approaches it.

... what?

Arrrggghhh...

oopylovesyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oopylovesyou
Jason Toon wrote:Look for the word "TREASURE" in this space:

When you see it, click through to that sale's detail page, and look for the map fragment.

Put the map fragments together throughout the course of each day - there'll be one map on Tuesday and one on Wednesday.

THEN ALL SHALL BE REVEALED

How exactly do you put the fragments together? I'm clicking on it, and nothings happening...

Zia Lia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zia Lia
oopylovesyou wrote:How exactly do you put the fragments together? I'm clicking on it, and nothings happening...

Dude, they are map pieces. Y'know, like a puzzle? Fit 'em together!

Jessara

What shall we do with the Tuesday Wootmap?
What shall we do with the Wednesday Wootmap?
When will we have all the sandy pieces?
Earligh Thursday* morrrrning?

(EST)

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333

OK I FOUND THE PIECE ON THE CURRENT PAGE HOW MANY DID I MISS AND HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PUT THEM TOGETHER ?

freebird87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freebird87
tnode192 wrote:The question is do we really need all these pieces, or just the final one with URL on it?

Hopefully there is more to it than that.

The only other thing I can think of is that if you look, There are letters in red. Are those letters going to be a special promo code, so it also knocks off the price of a Buccaneers of Caribbean I remember a few years back when they had one pop up, the Bandolier of Carrots was ridiculously expensive, unless you put the code in, and then it was normal price. I'm still wondering about the red letters though.

ThunderThighs

Staff

EddieAngel333 wrote:OK I FOUND THE PIECE ON THE CURRENT PAGE HOW MANY DID I MISS AND HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PUT THEM TOGETHER ?

First, calm down and turn OFF the caps lock.

Take a deep breath and release it slowly.

Then

••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sheriff92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sheriff92
ThunderThighs wrote:First, calm down and turn OFF the caps lock.

Then

and remember, nothing works better on a computer monitor than washable paste

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik
skispeakeasy wrote:I'd say this is a treasure hunt for those who don't have to work... Pass.

Not really. It's actually pretty simple to go back and find pieces. Think about it. When one pops up, people are going to comment like crazy about finding it in the items' discussion. When you get a chance, just go back over the past woots and browse through the ones with the most comments. Skip over anything with only a few comments.

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

mills72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mills72
adamant628 wrote:Hmm, how deep must one dig!?

look at the pictures for the item

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

A pirate flavored Woot-off?

(Sorry - that's as close as CB gets)

EddieAngel333

Then

ok but i use caps because my vison is off today i wish everyone used caps it easier for me to read tt but if it makes you feel better or annoys you i'll cap down

btw i tried glue it messed up my screen !

ThunderThighs

Staff

EddieAngel333 wrote:ok but i use caps because my vison is off today i wish everyone used caps it easier for me to read tt but if it makes you feel better or annoys you i'll cap down

CTRL and + will biggie size your browser window.

EddieAngel333

ThunderThighs wrote:CTRL and + will biggie size your browser window.

try that on a 15 inch laptop screen ! half the page is off screen already

EddieAngel333

so how many have i missed and there should be a way to piece them together without printing them out !

bdogatx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdogatx

Only 3 pieces so far yes?

kristina1225

bdogatx wrote:Only 3 pieces so far yes?

Yep!

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

Then

Please don't sniff the glue!!!

Latone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Latone

I just used the Win 7 built-in paint program. You can use the "select" tool in freeform and turn on transparency...

ThunderThighs

Staff

binners wrote:Please don't sniff the glue!!!

Correct. Eat it. That's the tasty kind.

yamahapilot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yamahapilot

Man is this gonna mess with my Borderlands 2 playing. And don't forget tomorrow is "International Talk Like A Pirate Day" start practicing now

kristina1225

I wonder how many pieces there are, I'm guessing 9 or so.

Although, at the rate this Macbook is selling we may never see another piece!