Shiori


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiori

Hey, is it just me, or is Crapbeard holding his cutlass weird (backwards)? The curve isn't supposed to go away from you, that's the part behind the blade. Also bear in mind that's his left hand, which makes the angling awkward at best. Maybe he's preparing for a shave. :P

Okay, I'm done nitpicking... for now.

wasserkapf


quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
freevortex wrote:One more time! Woo!



Thanks, I missed that. I will exit this one, and never look back!

mikebbass


quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

I am glad to see the hate posts have died down.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

  1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

hood1953


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hood1953

I am not all that good with computers, I did get the map pieces together yesterday, but truthfully I don't understand what it was suppose to tell me. I know there has been talk about the red letters, was it suppose to spell something? I just don't get it. Which is why I haven't even looked for any of them today, but I would like to know just what is was I suppose to do.

carpeamentum


quality posts: 2 Private Messages carpeamentum
wasserkapf wrote:Here they are:

First, create an empty picture file:
File-->New
Template-->1600x1200-->OK
File-->Save As-->Map.png

Now open the saved map piece with GIMP:
File-->Open

With the opened map piece choose this:
Select-->By Color
Click on the white space surrounding the map piece, then:
Select-->Invert
Edit-->Copy

Go to the map file you created:
Edit-->Paste

You will be able to move the piece around. When you have it right where you want it, choose:
Layer-->Anchor Layer

Now choose File-->Save to save the updated picture.

When a new map fragment comes out, rinse & repeat.



I think my version might be easier.

Same thing with a canvas to keep them all in.

File-> Open as Layers (and choose any number of piece image files)

for each piece layer:
layer->transparency->color to alpha
(click ok, the default color is white)
then move the layer into place.

each time you have lined up two pieces, make sure they are on top of each other on the layer stack
i.e. when you push page down and page up you can toggle between them.
(an easy way to do this is take one layer and do layer->stack->layer to top and then repeat for the other piece you want to merge)
then when you have the upper of the two layers selected (page down changes the selection to the other piece to be merged), do layer->merge down

then those two pieces are now one. you can continue to move the layer pieces around as you want when new pieces show up.

Though, maybe mine has more explanation than required...

Shiori


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiori
carpeamentum wrote:I think my version might be easier.

Same thing with a canvas to keep them all in.

File-> Open as Layers (and choose any number of piece image files)

for each piece layer:
layer->transparency->color to alpha
(click ok, the default color is white)
then move the layer into place.

each time you have lined up two pieces, make sure they are on top of each other on the layer stack
i.e. when you push page down and page up you can toggle between them.
(an easy way to do this is take one layer and do layer->stack->layer to top and then repeat for the other piece you want to merge)
then when you have the upper of the two layers selected (page down changes the selection to the other piece to be merged), do layer->merge down

then those two pieces are now one. you can continue to move the layer pieces around as you want when new pieces show up.

Though, maybe mine has more explanation than required...



Even better is if you just use the multiply feature on a layer (not sure what it's called in GIMP, though). It basically makes your and darker-than-white colors darken on any darker-than-white colors underneath it. Since the background is white, you don't need to do any transparency shenanigans. (If the background were black, there's a screen feature.)

I'm not positive all photo editors have that (like Paint before Windows 7 definitely doesn't), but most of the ones trying to be like Photoshop will.

carpeamentum


quality posts: 2 Private Messages carpeamentum
Shiori wrote:Even better is if you just use the multiply feature on a layer (not sure what it's called in GIMP, though). It basically makes your and darker-than-white colors darken on any darker-than-white colors underneath it. Since the background is white, you don't need to do any transparency shenanigans. (If the background were black, there's a screen feature.)

I'm not positive all photo editors have that (like Paint before Windows 7 definitely doesn't), but most of the ones trying to be like Photoshop will.



At least with how I am getting the layers in GIMP, I still have the background white in the layer, which means it covers up the other pieces without the transparency shenanigans as far as I can tell.

But... I am no photo editing wizard...

dubdubdub


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub
mbasilepa wrote:'Cept if, you know, you go to Google and use that thar 'cache'-y thing.



Pretty sure you are cheating by posting this... : )

Shiori wrote:Hey, is it just me, or is Crapbeard holding his cutlass weird (backwards)? The curve isn't supposed to go away from you, that's the part behind the blade. Also bear in mind that's his left hand, which makes the angling awkward at best. Maybe he's preparing for a shave. :P

Okay, I'm done nitpicking... for now.



If so... That wouldn't be the only thing the artist did wrong.

digitalurbancamo


quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo

since it's gone already and it wont help anybody could somebody post the link to yesterdays treasure?

nodnetni


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nodnetni
digitalurbancamo wrote:since it's gone already and it wont help anybody could somebody post the link to yesterdays treasure?



http://www.woot.com/offers/fcwceckmfonptdmipwaacbfmigws

cyclops829


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
rehta wrote:I was born and raised in Indiana...does that help...or make it worse?



Born and raised in NYC here, recent transplant

digitalurbancamo


quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo
nodnetni wrote:http://www.woot.com/offers/fcwceckmfonptdmipwaacbfmigws



Thanks.....I expected some funny woot writing for it but it seems like...nope.

rickystyx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickystyx
digitalurbancamo wrote:since it's gone already and it wont help anybody could somebody post the link to yesterdays treasure?



Having the link in the forum could help in some ways. Let's do it this way...

http://tinyurl.com/9eqkjb2

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
digitalurbancamo wrote:Was yesterdays prize a shirt?



No. Yesterdays prize was figuring out the puzzle and finding the secret link only to have the order cancelled this morning because woot thinks we are stupid. There is no way on earth that any wooter could possibly be smart enough to actually SOLVE a puzzle without having all the pieces.. oh and you also dont get back the 12 hours or so you wasted working on the puzzle.

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

digitalurbancamo


quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo
rickystyx wrote:Having the link in the forum could help in some ways. Let's do it this way...

http://tinyurl.com/9eqkjb2



Actually it doesn't help at all in no way shape or form. Also if somebody used your link it would still show the actual address after using it.

cobergas


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobergas

Sooooooo... are we done for today in finding the Crapbeard's treasure or is the hunt still on? I have three pieces so far but I am a little confused but the latest links. Keep hunting or give up?

http://gasm.blogspot.com

digitalurbancamo


quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo
dernst_ca1 wrote:No. Yesterdays prize was figuring out the puzzle and finding the secret link only to have the order cancelled this morning because woot thinks we are stupid. There is no way on earth that any wooter could possibly be smart enough to actually SOLVE a puzzle without having all the pieces.. oh and you also dont get back the 12 hours or so you wasted working on the puzzle.



Oh my. Somebody a tad bit grumpy?

digitalurbancamo


quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo
cobergas wrote:Sooooooo... are we done for today in finding the Crapbeard's treasure or is the hunt still on? I have three pieces so far but I am a little confused but the latest links. Keep hunting or give up?



If you only have 3 you are behind... Happy hunting

mwolfatwork


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mwolfatwork
cobergas wrote:Sooooooo... are we done for today in finding the Crapbeard's treasure or is the hunt still on? I have three pieces so far but I am a little confused but the latest links. Keep hunting or give up?



Arrr matey, there be 5 pieces to find so far. Look again you scurvy pirate.

cobergas


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobergas

Sweet, Thanks guys for setting me straight. I got my five now.. Thanks Woot Forum..

http://gasm.blogspot.com

AdamCahill


quality posts: 2 Private Messages AdamCahill

Calling yesterday's map a puzzle is a bit generous.

cyclops829


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
cobergas wrote:Sweet, Thanks guys for setting me straight. I got my five now.. Thanks Woot Forum..



and now there are 6

Dman27


quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27
cyclops829 wrote:and now there are 6



is it me or does the 6th one not fit? lol

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

cyclops829


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
Dman27 wrote:is it me or does the 6th one not fit yet? lol



FTFY

Waldorf Salad Heads


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Waldorf Salad Heads
mikebbass wrote:I am glad to see the hate posts have died down.



They haven't died, they're being deleted...

cobergas


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobergas
Dman27 wrote:is it me or does the 6th one not fit? lol



I think it will eventually fit..

http://gasm.blogspot.com

cyclops829


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
Waldorf Salad Heads wrote:They haven't died, they're being deleted...



hence it is so quiet in here

eq52515


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eq52515
ThunderThighs wrote:

There were indeed cheaters that worked out the URL early.



Calling me a cheat for 'working out' a solution to a puzzle by using my brain instead of waiting to be spoon fed an answer...that is what set me off.


ThunderThighs wrote:

Please give us another chance. Thanks.



No thanks, not this time...kbye

oklahomafire


quality posts: 3 Private Messages oklahomafire



Arr, I'm starrrvin'

me4sweetd


quality posts: 4 Private Messages me4sweetd

me thinks ye booty will be released around 6 seagulls and 45 pigeons tonight (Texas time)

Jewdave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
zxinfinity wrote:Representing Dallas here!!



More Big D! (Plano too!)

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!
-------------------------------------

Shiori


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiori

Okay, now it's starting to annoy me. Dear artist, cutlasses don't (nor do any other swords) curve outward away from the hilt like that. NITPICK

lsmithpeter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsmithpeter

Is it me or is the corner piece the same as a couple of the other combined??

alanhwoot


quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

Holding the cutlass wrong just means he's a crappy pirate.

Anyway, I think Commandment II is off by at least an order of magnitude.

II. Thou shalt probably expect not to even get a Bag o’ Crap at all. We only have enough for about 10% of the people who want them. Thou art probably in that other 90%.


I'd say it's more like 1% or less.

skinnychick810


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinnychick810

Arrrr from Dallas/Mesquite to all my Texas mateys!!!

MsWillis5 - Denton
Rehta - Arlington
TapatioUSA - Fort Worth
freevortex - College Station
cyclops829 - Austin
monkeyale - Fort Worth
bdudley - San Antonio
mdrcoast - Houston
Scott34 - Grapevine
zxinfinity - Dallas
ntrace - Dallas
Jewdave - Dallas/Plano

halperez


quality posts: 9 Private Messages halperez
ryanjfrantz wrote:Are you that stupid? Did you not see where they said that there was an honest 200? What would that make the others? Dishonest!

Dishonest: 1. Disposed to lie, cheat, defraud, or deceive.
2. Resulting from or marked by a lack of honesty.



The key word is "or". You've been called a cheat. Therefore, it is not necessary to call you a liar as well for you to fit the description of dishonest.

vandalsblj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vandalsblj
alanhwoot wrote:Holding the cutlass wrong just means he's a crappy pirate.

Anyway, I think Commandment II is off by at least an order of magnitude.

I'd say it's more like 1% or less.



What Commandments? I must have missed something.

halperez


quality posts: 9 Private Messages halperez
freevortex wrote:Did you just compare a Buccaneers of Caribbean debacle to Pearl Harbor?



No...he compared a Buccaneers of Caribbean to a movie. Google the quote for more info.

miken927


quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I hope one of the puzzle pieces includes an image of Fonzie jumping a shark!


------------------
I Bet on Sky

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Waldorf Salad Heads wrote:They haven't died, they're being deleted...



Unless something has gone terrible wrong with our systems (Hey, lightning doesn't strike twice!), there have only been about two posts stricken from the record. We'd posit that lunch-based food coma has a lot to do with the sluggishness.

Edit: Just wanted to say I have no updates on the plan for crap pieces, but there are many discussions going on trying to get to a solution. The scope includes many departments (shipping/warehouse, creative, technical, and what have you.), so it does take some time. We really, truly do appreciate your patience.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.