GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
halperez wrote:The key word is "or". You've been called a cheat. Therefore, it is not necessary to call you a liar as well for you to fit the description of dishonest.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5174564

You may have to refresh after loading the page.

;)

Shiori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiori

Oh wow, a giant sticker!

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot
vandalsblj wrote:What Commandments? I must have missed something.

The commandments included with every Booty of Contraband offering:

THE HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v4.0

I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond ONE bag of some kind and THREE crappy items.

II. Thou shalt probably expect not to even get a Bag o’ Crap at all. We only have enough for about 10% of the people who want them. Thou art probably in that other 90%.

III. Thou shalt notice that “crap” is right there in the title. Thou shalt not complain when it turns out we were telling the truth.

IV. Thou wouldst probably be better off spending thine eight bucks on just about anything else.

V. Thou shalt be assured that Woot hath upgraded its servers and code to minimize errors and crashes. But thou shalt remind thyself that even if those servers did work perfectly, it would simply mean the Buccaneers of Caribbean sold out earlier.

VI. Should thou fail in thy quest for crap, congratulations. Failure is the biggest crap of all.

halperez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halperez
mystery250 wrote:I have sent woot an email about reinstating my order. I orked all dang day, skipping a party and even dinner. I figured out the last piece, two, letter s, by deductive reasoning. If they don't reinstate my order, they'll get a crapton of bad publicity and no more business from me, my family, my Facebook friends, my major blog and everyone else I can find online.

Its not a threat, just a highly peeved customer that feels cheated after investing a day trying to figure the puzzle out.

Traffic to woot.com is down 20% over the last six months. If woot was really concerned about losing customers they would have fixed the site by now. Don't hold your breath waiting for your Buccaneers of Caribbean

1rudeboy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages 1rudeboy
Gatzby wrote:Unless something has gone terrible wrong with our systems (Hey, lightning doesn't strike twice!), there have only been about two posts stricken from the record. We'd posit that lunch-based food coma has a lot to do with the sluggishness.

Gatzby, When will "the 200" be informed? I'm sure it hasn't happened yet, or they'd be here gloating...

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
1rudeboy wrote:Gatzby, When will "the 200" be informed? I'm sure it hasn't happened yet, or they'd be here gloating...

Updated my post to reflect my (lack of) information. Thanks for asking and my apologies I don't have a better answer.

TL;DR: You have a lot of folks fighting to get a good solution put in place, but we're not there yet.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

vandalsblj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vandalsblj
alanhwoot wrote:

Oh Right Got it. Apparently I'm suffering from a food coma as well.

bparks6982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bparks6982
Gatzby wrote:We really, truly do appreciate your patience.

You call what's been going on here "patience"? ;)

csparkle33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csparkle33
rickystyx wrote:5. Chillax. Eat some fruit. Take a dump. You'll feel better. I promise.

That is funny. I mean reaal fing funny

Liked it so much I made it my signature.

Chillax. Eat some fruit. Take a dump. You'll feel better. I promise.

stevo89519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevo89519
Gatzby wrote:Unless something has gone terrible wrong with our systems (Hey, lightning doesn't strike twice!), there have only been about two posts stricken from the record. We'd posit that lunch-based food coma has a lot to do with the sluggishness.

Edit: Just wanted to say I have no updates on the plan for crap pieces, but there are many discussions going on trying to get to a solution. The scope includes many departments (shipping/warehouse, creative, technical, and what have you.), so it does take some time. We really, truly do appreciate your patience.

Thanks for the update. I think a lot of us wanted to know what was going on.

GuardianBob

Gatzby wrote:Updated my post to reflect my (lack of) information. Thanks for asking and my apologies I don't have a better answer.

TL;DR: You have a lot of folks fighting to get a good solution put in place, but we're not there yet.

Okay, great, but will that get me my missing corner and triangle?

Hcooleric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hcooleric

Im Missing a piece from tuesdays woot out!!!

me4sweetd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages me4sweetd
Gatzby wrote: We'd posit that lunch-based food coma has a lot to do with the sluggishness.

Ye'll deal with the plank if ye dined without releasing ye booty of shirts! Arrrr!

Oh, and ye didn't talk like a pirate! Arrr!

kaedryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaedryl

so it's 5 pieces so far?

GuardianBob

kaedryl wrote:so it's 5 pieces so far?

Nope.

Edit: I count at least 12 from yesterday.

halperez

beezdotcom wrote:However, I think Woot risks compounding that mistake with a bigger one by "demonizing the clever".

The link was posted early on another website. Do you really consider the ability to click on a link as being clever?

tezi777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tezi777
Jason Toon wrote:Look for the word "TREASURE" in this space:

When you see it, click through to that sale's detail page, and look for the map fragment.

Put the map fragments together throughout the course of each day - there'll be one map on Tuesday and one on Wednesday.

THEN ALL SHALL BE REVEALED

Put the pieces where. This is so confusing.

GuardianBob

halperez wrote:The link was posted early on another website. Do you really consider the ability to click on a link as being clever?

Well it could be, if it was white text, on a white background, and it required figuring out the sum of 11 prime numbers that was also prime.

Brendanradabaugh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Brendanradabaugh
tezi777 wrote:Put the pieces where. This is so confusing.

print them then cut them out and tape them together. or learn photoshop or any of the free alternatives.

me4sweetd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages me4sweetd

ok, I'm going to help you out. There is no where to put the pieces, you do not have to submit the pieces to anyone. Just print them out, glue them together, or do it through an editing software. The completed map will help you figure out how to find a hidden Buccaneers of Caribbean

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

------------------
I Bet on Sky

tmmurphy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmmurphy
GuardianBob wrote:Nope.

Edit: I count at least 12 from yesterday.

yeah-- I have six.

kansasmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kansasmom
me4sweetd wrote:me thinks ye booty will be released around 6 seagulls and 45 pigeons tonight (Texas time)

I concur.

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf

Here is a link that explains my method, using the free program GIMP. It is also in the newest thread, concerning today's map only. No posts about what happened yesterday allowed!

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5175116&pageindex=1&replycount=72#post5175309

mdragga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdragga
Gatzby wrote:Updated my post to reflect my (lack of) information. Thanks for asking and my apologies I don't have a better answer.

Changing my order to "Refunded" without even sending me an email about it isn't much of a solution. This whole thing is a cluster and today I'm just putting the map together to learn GIMP at this point.

Buccaneers of Caribbean 4/1/2011
Most Confusing Buccaneers of Caribbean Ever 9/18/2012

fenderwrx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fenderwrx

So what happens to those of us in a private browsing session??!

ThunderThighs wrote:

First, let us apologize for this. There were indeed cheaters that worked out the URL early. Those sales happened VERY fast and we stopped the sale. That's why you are seeing Sold Out. We are going to cancel all those orders.

Second, we can identify the first 200 users who hit the custom URL after the final piece launched. These are the users who should have gotten a Buccaneers of Caribbean (our quantity was 200). We are working out how to make things right for the "Honest 200". As always, that represents only a very small percentage of customers who wanted a Buccaneers of Caribbean but it was our intent that you all have a fighting chance.

So please put down the torches, take a calming breath and go ahead and go to bed. Some of you will get good news tomorrow.

And we're making sure that this cannot happen again with tomorrow's map. Please give us another chance. Thanks.

eq52515

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eq52515
me4sweetd wrote:ok, I'm going to help you out. There is no where to put the pieces, you do not have to submit the pieces to anyone. Just print them out, glue them together, or do it through an editing software. The completed map will help you figure out how to find a hidden Buccaneers of Caribbean

Incorrect. An incomplete map helps you, a completed map tells you how to find a hidden B0C...

cyclops829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
fenderwrx wrote:So what happens to those of us in a private browsing session??!

private browsing just means that your info is not being stored by your computer and browser, it does nothing to mask you from sites or your isp

GuardianBob

fenderwrx wrote:So what happens to those of us in a private browsing session??!

Private browsing does not block your IP address from the server. You have nothing to fear, they are tracking you regardless.

halperez

GuardianBob wrote:http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5174564

You may have to refresh after loading the page.

;)

Yeah...I'm playing catchup in the forum. I wasn't paying attention when I replied or I wouldn't have bothered replying to a 4 hour old post.

yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087
GuardianBob wrote:Private browsing does not block your IP address from the server. You have nothing to fear, they are tracking you regardless.

Ah, Woot.com: where people freak out that a company might *not* be tracking them...

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
GuardianBob wrote:Private browsing does not block your IP address from the server. You have nothing to fear, they are tracking you regardless.

Or as they say in Indiana, 'irregardless' ...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
miken927 wrote:Or as they say in Indiana, 'irregardless' ...

They say that here in Wisconsin too, irregardless of whether it is an actual word or not.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ahoy Mateys. We are back on the poop deck to report back to you as promised. As you know, we were overwhelmed by the overwhelming demand for Buccaneers of Caribbean treasure through the Crapbeard puzzle. As the last pieces of the puzzle were being revealed, the action came fast and furious.

153 of our crafty buccaneers figured out the answer early and we're going to honor their orders for a Buccaneers of Caribbean After scouring the list and checking it four times, we have also identified the first 200 buccaneers to visit the secret URL after the last piece of the puzzle was revealed. We're going to give those folks a chance to buy a Buccaneers of Caribbean too. We'll be emailing them with further instructions.

Thanks, everybody, for riding out this chaos with us. We're going full sail with today's Crapbeard treasure hunt. We are hard at work behind the scenes to make sure that today's sale forges forward with clear skies and a scheduled time for docking in the port.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Dwain77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Dwain77
ThunderThighs wrote:Ahoy Mateys. We are back on the poop deck to report back to you as promised. As you know, we were overwhelmed by the overwhelming demand for Buccaneers of Caribbean treasure through the Crapbeard puzzle. As the last pieces of the puzzle were being revealed, the action came fast and furious.

153 of our crafty buccaneers figured out the answer early and we're going to honor their orders for a Buccaneers of Caribbean After scouring the list and checking it four times, we have also identified the first 200 buccaneers to visit the secret URL after the last piece of the puzzle was revealed. We're going to give those folks a chance to buy a Buccaneers of Caribbean too. We'll be emailing them with further instructions.

Thanks, everybody, for riding out this chaos with us. We're going full sail with today's Crapbeard treasure hunt. We are hard at work behind the scenes to make sure that today's sale forges forward with clear skies and a scheduled time for docking in the port.

Thanks yet again TT.

I'm 1 of the infamous "Honest 200".

Dwain77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Dwain77
ThunderThighs wrote:Ahoy Mateys. We are back on the poop deck to report back to you as promised. As you know, we were overwhelmed by the overwhelming demand for Buccaneers of Caribbean treasure through the Crapbeard puzzle. As the last pieces of the puzzle were being revealed, the action came fast and furious.

BTW, please tell me I was in the 200. I doubt it, but fingers crossed anyway.

I'm 1 of the infamous "Honest 200".

paradisofamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradisofamily

Thanks for the update! Sounds fair to me. Nice to see that Woot listens.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'm one of the lucky 200... but if not, I will try for today's treasure.

efprofessor

quality posts: 8 Private Messages efprofessor

I just moved from sitting outside to inside because of the nasty Minute Pirate Bugs (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthocoridae; are you sure you don't have pirate bugs in your system? I hate those little critters:

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik

Cool. Thanks for the update!

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

dillydally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dillydally

Does this mean there are only 7 Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s left for today's map?