wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
jjiinx wrote:Have you tried GIMP? I hadn't used it before and on suggestion from my brother installed it yesterday. Pretty easy to get started. HTH
~~Jinx

Here's my method to using GIMP to assemble the map.

Linky:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5175309

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
mwolfatwork wrote:Only the shadow knows. You can try to guess early and let us know what happens, as I am sure many others will be.

You can guess, but if you nail it don't post in on those douchy third party sites.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I wonder who would win in a PemberDucky vs InkyCatz cage match...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

mnmarine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnmarine

So - what do I do when I have the maps?? One is taped together, second is still waiting parts.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dsspro wrote:I got 2 questions for anyone that knows.

1.Are we allowed to guess at the answer before all clues are revealed? Or is that considered cheating.

2.Are they going to wait and make the prize only available after the last clue posts?

ANSWERS:

1. Sure, but there will be no way to even know if you've guessed right,
because...

2. Yes. The page will be hidden from view until that moment.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

sjmeedel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjmeedel
mnmarine wrote:So - what do I do when I have the maps?? One is taped together, second is still waiting parts.

The maps reveal a secret site to buy Buccaneers of Caribbean The first one won't do you any good anymore as the Buccaneers of Caribbean have all ready been claimed, but you might have a chance to try to get onto the new secret site once you have all the pieces.

ROGETRAY

Staff

miken927 wrote:I wonder who would win in a PemberDucky vs InkyCatz cage match...

ME OF COURSE! ;)

Disclaimer: No..not really, they could both tear me apart.

dsspro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsspro
ROGETRAY wrote:ANSWERS:

because...

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Thanks Rogetray that answers my questions

Backpack o' Crap? Dec 21 2013
Bag o' Crap Crapmas Day 5 Dec 7 2013
Bag o' Crap LXXIII: Crapvengers May 11,2011
Bag o’ Crap LXII: Crapril Showers Dec 1,2010

yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087
ROGETRAY wrote:...

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

haha, thanks for saving me hours of pointless 404s. I waited last night but figured I'd try the guessing game tonight

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
ROGETRAY wrote:ANSWERS:

because...

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Groovy. It kind of takes some of the fun out of it, but it also levels the playing field. If there had been more Bananas On Crackers to give out, the early guessing wouldn't have been such a problem. If at least some people had gotten their Buccaneers of Caribbean after the final piece was revealed, it wouldn't have stung so bad.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

miken927 wrote:I wonder who would win in a PemberDucky vs InkyCatz cage match...

i am 3ft tall and 650 lbs. i don't stand a chance.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

rdlenoir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdlenoir

still waiting to see if i am one of the lucky 200 . .. anyone receive an e-mail yet?

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

BTW, Ramy Beach? ROFL1!1 Hilarious. The little icons are perfect too.

mdragga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdragga

I'm one of the 153 (but one of those who did a whole lot of 2 letter combinations...) and I just got another email from Woot thanking me for my order. I expect the so labeled 'Honest 200' will be getting their notices shortly. I realize I'm probably in the hated minority here but I figured I'd let you guys know that they seem to be moving on these for those who are waiting!

Buccaneers of Caribbean 4/1/2011
Most Confusing Buccaneers of Caribbean Ever 9/18/2012

halperez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halperez
rdlenoir wrote:still waiting to see if i am one of the lucky 200 . .. anyone receive an e-mail yet?

Nobody has reported getting an email. The official word is to go ahead and try for tonight's Buccaneers of Caribbean and any duplicate orders will be addressed.

yankeefan1087

mdragga wrote:I'm one of the 153 (but one of those who did a whole lot of 2 letter combinations...)
I realize I'm probably in the hated minority here ...

I guess I can't speak for everyone, but I thought the issue was with people who just found the link over on SD minutes before the last piece of the map was posted, not people who legitimately guessed the url.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
PemberDucky wrote:i am 3ft tall and 650 lbs. i don't stand a chance.

(btw, this cartoon appeared in the New Yorker in 1993!)

------------------
I Bet on Sky

fencerf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fencerf
mdragga wrote:I'm one of the 153 (but one of those who did a whole lot of 2 letter combinations...) and I just got another email hanking me for my order. I expect the so labeled 'Honest 200' will be getting their notices shortly. I realize I'm probably in the hated minority here but I figured I'd let you guys know that they seem to be moving on these for those who are waiting!

I hit the site honestly after seeing the last piece so I should be one of the 200, but it would be just my luck that I was 201. I could almost prove that I should be one of the 200, but my complaints will fall on deaf ears.

opello

quality posts: 2 Private Messages opello
mdragga wrote:I'm one of the 153 (but one of those who did a whole lot of 2 letter combinations...) and I just got another email from Woot thanking me for my order. I expect the so labeled 'Honest 200' will be getting their notices shortly. I realize I'm probably in the hated minority here but I figured I'd let you guys know that they seem to be moving on these for those who are waiting!

yankeefan1087 wrote:I guess I can't speak for everyone, but I thought the issue was with people who just found the link over on SD minutes before the last piece of the map was posted, not people who legitimately guessed the url.

The problem was that they couldn't tell the difference, so all "early purchasers" were branded "cheaters."

Dan
opello

pureval

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pureval
jjiinx wrote:Have you tried GIMP? I hadn't used it before and on suggestion from my brother installed it yesterday. Pretty easy to get started. HTH
~~Jinx

Yeah I tried it. Could not get it to do what I wanted at all. Ended up wasting the last of my paper printing and cutting.

It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

No crap for me the first day...

Me way {aarrgh} to late...

ROGETRAY

Staff

clubhubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clubhubie

I think by this point, if anyone out there thinks they are in the Honest 200, well then you got an email. Any of you who didnt, well....Focus on tonight. Im getting a little tired myself of seeing the Honest 200, makes me think of the Mighty 300 and well I just cant connect a woot-off pirate with a Spartan. Sorry. Cant do it.

yankeefan1087

opello wrote:The problem was that they couldn't tell the difference, so all "early purchasers" were branded "cheaters."

I meant in the eyes of fellow Wooters. I was upset that people cheated, but I wasn't assuming everyone who got one was a cheater.

Also, wouldn't Woot be able to see which users tried non-existent urls and were served multiple 404s before finding the right link? I know I got a limited Amazon deal a few years ago in a similar way (I was served a page saying I got the deal, my CC was charged regular price, I called them and they were able to verify which page I had been served and gave me the discount).

davidwido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidwido

I'm looking at the clock on Crapbeard and if it's any indication...we have 1.5 hrs to go.

mightywooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightywooter
ROGETRAY wrote:

Zomg... you is adorables.

davidwido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidwido
davidwido wrote:I'm looking at the clock on Crapbeard and if it's any indication...we have 1.5 hrs to go.

er 30 minutes. wrong time zone.

sassymango

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sassymango

sumo?

omh1009

pureval wrote:Yeah I tried it. Could not get it to do what I wanted at all. Ended up wasting the last of my paper printing and cutting.

I'm using http://pixlr.com/editor/No installation necesary, runs in you browser window.
Now I quote myself on how make a transparent backgrownd:

omh1009 wrote:On "http://pixlr.com/editor/", Go to "File" >"new image" (or ctrl+n) a small pop up window comes up with options for the new image.
Field for "Name","presets" sizes, "height and width". Also 2 check boxes, one to "Create image from clipboard" and (the one you need) "make image transparent". Click it to check this box after you set a Height and Width that your pieces can fit (gave mine 1600x1600) and press OK.
You will have a transparent backgrownd where you can paste your pieces and move them around independently from each other. Every time you paste a piece it create a new layer you can select and position your piece as you like.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

I hope I'm in the "Honest 200" because I'm too tired to stay awake until 1am for a second night. (eastern time zone)

However, I doubt that I am, so I may have to just wait until next time.

mdragga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdragga
davidwido wrote:er 30 minutes. wrong time zone.

That is what I get too - should be right around 6:45 assuming they do the same thing as yesterday regarding the clock. It still looks like there could be 2-3 map pieces which seems like a lot at once :ponder:

Buccaneers of Caribbean 4/1/2011
Most Confusing Buccaneers of Caribbean Ever 9/18/2012

susanrm

quality posts: 15 Private Messages susanrm

Just getting back to this after last night's debacle (I actually had to work today). So here's a question. In order to be seen as one of the 200, you had to be signed into Woot first, right?

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012 x2

pureval

omh1009 wrote:

I tried using that one too. For some reason I only got 1 check box not 2 and the white parts would not go away.

clubhubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clubhubie

Arrrrr mateys, there be double dippers here. Scallywags from SD posting the same questions exactly in both places. Arrrrrrgggg, trying to double down into the "Honest" crowd eh... funny how the "cheating few" only brings about the "cheating masses". Ahhh society. What a beautiful thing.

omh1009

pureval wrote:I tried using that one too. For some reason I only got 1 check box not 2 and the white parts would not go away.

What browser are you on? I'm Chroming.

pureval

omh1009 wrote:What browser are you on? I'm Chroming.

Chrome as well.

ROGETRAY

Staff

clubhubie wrote:Arrrrr mateys, there be double dippers here. Scallywags from SD posting the same questions exactly in both places. Arrrrrrgggg, trying to double down into the "Honest" crowd eh... funny how the "cheating few" only brings about the "cheating masses". Ahhh society. What a beautiful thing.

PM with info plz

skemmis

quality posts: 15 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

What happened last night was awful and gave us all a lifetime supply of ulcers.

That said, I'm really happy that "The Honest 200" and "The 153" are now Woot's Sharks and Jets.

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
davidwido wrote:I'm looking at the clock on Crapbeard and if it's any indication...we have 1.5 hrs to go.

Where do you see a clock?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pureval wrote:Things I have learned from this treasure hunt:

Never let a prize site go live until the last piece of the puzzle is available.

Oh my gosh! We learned that today too! What a coincidence.

//back to Survivor

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders