+ Add a Comment

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners
lxzndr wrote:as was posted earlier: gimp

Stop calling me a gimp, I'm a Pirate!!!

Pedro105Woot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pedro105Woot

Found three pieces so far. and I was able to fit them together in good old Paint. No scale problem here.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:So how can we find it now?

If you scroll through the blog, you can look or search for TREASURE (all caps only).

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Pedro105Woot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pedro105Woot
eholling wrote:Seriously woot? The image files aren't all the same scale. We don't all have photoshop here.

All three of my pieces fit together using MS Paint. No scaling needed. Maybe it's how you printed them that is the problem.

Make sure you have "Transparent selection" turned on Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

bdogatx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdogatx

"The first time "treasure" popped up there wasn't a map piece on the item page. You had to be there."

Just a lie to try to weed out competitors.

WhitneyLC84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhitneyLC84
Jason Toon wrote:OK, sorry, here's the secret:

The word TREASURE should be in all caps.

It's such a mysterious, arcane, ancient secret, even I was unaware of it!

Aha! Thank you Jason I think I've got it. Still not sure how to put the pieces together, but I'll figure it out...maybe. Yay I'm so excited!

oogyboogawa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oogyboogawa

Lol, I've got all three pieces so far and have them put together, but even looking at the thing put together I'm not really sure what I'll need to do once the other pieces are found...

Also it looks like we're going to need several more pieces, so let's hope things move quicker than that macbook did from now on...

benswitzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benswitzer

Here is a tip for those who are using paint: The select dropdown has a "Transparent Selection" option. When checked, this will make the white transparent and allows you to connect the pieces easier. HTH

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333
ThunderThighs wrote:If you scroll through the blog, you can look or search for TREASURE (all caps only).

i thought you didnt like "caps" tt ??? what gives ? btw i'm caught up i have all three now so there !

EddieAngel333

benswitzer wrote:Here is a tip for those who are using paint: The select dropdown has a "Transparent Selection" option. When checked, this will make the white transparent and allows you to connect the pieces easier. HTH

thanks ben

strangerzdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strangerzdanger

Can I assume the Buccaneers of Caribbean will be pirate themed. Like rum flavored gum and some bootlegged copies of The Avengers.

ThunderThighs

Staff

EddieAngel333 wrote:i thought you didnt like "caps" tt ??? what gives ? btw i'm caught up i have all three now so there !

All caps wasn't my choice.

And YAY! Good for you!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
salockwood wrote:I like the fact that the woot off goes until the 19th, which is International Talk like a Pirate day. Well wooted...well wooted.

Came here to be sure someone noticed this. Good show, what?

I love bacon!

Dissonance

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Dissonance

..aaannnd 4.

usmcsean69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usmcsean69

I click under treasure and nothing happens.

Mularkey

volatpropriis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages volatpropriis

4th piece is up!

kazen117

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kazen117

So what do we do when we find it? We can't click on it. Do we save the image or something?

jnovick84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnovick84

i got 4 pieces so far....anybody got more? ive only found them on the main woot items, any luck on the home, sport, etc ones?

angelin44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelin44

So I'm fail. I see these TREASUREs but I see no images. =/

FeeJswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FeeJswoot

here is my guidance for those requesting assistance/hand outs. Think what you would do if handed torn pieces of a real map IRL. Would you click on it? Would you look at it? Would you put it in your mouth? Would you burn the edges for the cool distressed look?
Look at the sale item, find the clues and assemble them logically. And GL getting my Booty Of Crap!!

Crazymanrobert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crazymanrobert
jnovick84 wrote:i got 4 pieces so far....anybody got more? ive only found them on the main woot items, any luck on the home, sport, etc ones?

I have OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9001 to be exact.

WOOT Cherrry broken on 12/13/06 at 12:30am

EddieAngel333

ok number 4 just popped up but i'm having a problem getting the transparent thing in paint
???

vernon71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vernon71
angelin44 wrote:So I'm fail. I see these TREASUREs but I see no images. =/

They are cleverly hidden with the other images.

Think E.T.

poostorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poostorm

By me guesstimation, there will be 5-6 more pieces to go (unless there will be some very large pieces revealed). I wonder if it's possible to find the treasure now, like the map leads to somewhere that is currently available?

I'm thinking it will only work when all pieces are revealed.

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628
poostorm wrote:By me guesstimation, there will be 5-6 more pieces to go (unless there will be some very large pieces revealed). I wonder if it's possible to find the treasure now, like the map leads to somewhere that is currently available?

Part of the X is already revealed!

SamuraiSky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamuraiSky

Will there always be a fragment? I have clicked on the details page and see no map.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
poostorm wrote:I wonder if it's possible to find the treasure now, like the map leads to somewhere that is currently available?

I kind of hope it's up already; that way if someone is really clever [not me] they could find it early, rather than everyone racing for it at once.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners
adamant628 wrote:Part of the X is already revealed!

OK, what do we do with the completed map?

(When it is completed.)

ThunderThighs

Staff

binners wrote:OK, what do we do with the completed map?

(When it is completed.)

Nobody knows. Seriously. Nobody knows.

FORUM MODERATOR

gmartell

quality posts: 10 Private Messages gmartell

Up to four...

Tundra969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tundra969

I don't understand how we "win". Do we have to have both maps to understand it all? I don't get it.........

carlcampbelljr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carlcampbelljr
EddieAngel333 wrote:ok number 4 just popped up but i'm having a problem getting the transparent thing in paint
???

Or do it the old fashioned way with scissors and tape

FeeJswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FeeJswoot
adamant628 wrote:Part of the X is already revealed!

I don't think that is the destination, but possibly the origination. I do think the destination is shown elsewhere though.

fruityname

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fruityname

I FIGURED IT OUT!
It's in southern Africa.

nicolecno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolecno

How many pieces to one map?

Proud member of the Woot "Honest 200"

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
ThunderThighs wrote:If you scroll through the blog, you can look or search for TREASURE (all caps only).

well i wish i'd known that when i was clicking on each deal out of the community list

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
binners wrote:OK, what do we do with the completed map?

(When it is completed.)

Stuff and things.
(I'm not sure.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

xxcqqcxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxcqqcxx

Where is the 4th piece, I have three:

1. Samsung galaxy tab
2. Macbook Air
3. Xtreme pretty pirate hat luna

Stones2407

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stones2407

I have two pieces Does anyone want to help a fair maiden in distress and send me the 3rd piece. ^_^ *bats eyes*

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

Guys, just scroll through the blog and Ctrl+F for "treasure". It's not that hard.