yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087

just got kicked to sold out page. once again, congrats to everyone who got it, especially you crap virgins. good night everyone!

bluk9t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluk9t

how long does the waiting room take?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

TT any chance they'll move the items along or put up some more lighters?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Zia Lia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zia Lia

Woot, you have lost the trust of a customer. I've been with you since 2005, but enough is enough. You've allowed cheating and now this BS with the map - once again it was gone before normal humans had a chance.

This is not a sore loser, this is a ticked off consumer.

The monkey has jumped the shark.

sjmeedel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjmeedel
ThunderThighs wrote:Pretty much spot on. That's where the sales wait their turn to get their purchase verified/approved.

So if we're still in the waiting room as of now, we're not getting anything, correct?

Cyberbrain

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cyberbrain
omh1009 wrote:Welcome to the Antechamber of Doom

You're now in the waiting room for a Bag o' Crap. We'll be honest: you probably won't get any crap. There are a lot of crap-seekers ahead of you. If you want to wait, we can't stop you. As long as you understand the odds are overwhelmingly against you, we suppose there's no harm in it.
On the extremely remote chance that some crap does become available, we'll whisk you through to checkout. If not, better luck next time.

I nailed this thing. Had the whole thing typed, had spaces reserved for the missing letters, put them as soon as the pic came up. Got to the page instantly, pressed the ridiculously large button and had been locked on the waiting room for like 20 minutes.
Don't see how could this go so wrong.

Same exact setup and experience. But even the best cannot defeat cheaters.

"The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! I am now leaving Earth for no raeson!"

LeahD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeahD
pureval wrote:Things I have learned from this treasure hunt:

Never let a prize site go live until the last piece of the puzzle is available.

A good comprise is utterly impossible and will leave someone ticked off.

I still stick out my tongue while trying to cut paper.

Special monkeys sell way too fast these days.

I desperately need some big boy scissors, safety scissors suck.

I can not get any photo editing program to do anything. They all hate me.

Perfect. I would add that if you are going to have people engaged in a task all day and all night -- expect them to be extremely cranky if something goes terribly awry in the big finale.

Personally, the sleep deprivation factored into my emotional state last night. This morning I could see the humor in the execution #FAIL.

hopmedic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hopmedic

You're now in the waiting room for a Bag o' Crap. We'll be honest: you probably won't get any crap. There are a lot of crap-seekers ahead of you. If you want to wait, we can't stop you. As long as you understand the odds are overwhelmingly against you, we suppose there's no harm in it.
On the extremely remote chance that some crap does become available, we'll whisk you through to checkout. If not, better luck next time.

I nailed this thing. Had the whole thing typed, had spaces reserved for the missing letters, put them as soon as the pic came up. Got to the page instantly, pressed the ridiculously large button and had been locked on the waiting room for like 20 minutes.

I'm with you. I did exactly the same. Come join my club.

Hi. My name is Rich, and I FAIL at Bouyancy Onboard Cannonballs, too.

vesayth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vesayth
Cornuto wrote:If this is really how they're going to do things instead of bags of crap, I doubt I'll sit through any more. I clicked the link to buy the item but just couldn't bring myself to throw out that kind of money for a lighter. I've snatched and lost bags of crap in the past but this just feels like the wrong way to do it.

I think you got the wrong idea...

crazychinaman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crazychinaman

I got a better one. 1) it made me log in again.
2) But before that, i discovered that my laptop suddenly stopped loading all images from woot.com. Awesome. Had to spend the extra 30 seconds to bust out my tablet to pull up woot to look at the piece.

- Wooted -

• Book of Crap 11/4/05
  • Book of Crap 12/25/05
  • Pioneer 1000 Watt 5.1 Surround Sound System
  • Adaptec GameBridge 1440
  • Razer Pro|Tone m100
  • Mio C720T
  • High Peak Sleeping Bagx2
  • Energizer Hardcase Tactical Flashlight
  • Philips Prestigo Remote
  • Screaming Glow-in-the-Dark Monkey with Woot Cape

KtCallista

bluk9t wrote:how long does the waiting room take?

eternity... it's basically the same as "Sorry"

drm31415

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drm31415

Realized That I got screwed by woot's 404 redirect system, if you fix a typo on the redirected url it does no good. Why can't woot have a 404 system without a redirect?

drm31415

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

i clicked 3.045 ms after the map was posted and not i got kicked from the chambers of I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant ovens.

It was fun playing but again no crap for me. i'm gonna die alone

stevo89519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevo89519

While this was fun, I still prefer spreading out bags o crapiness throughout the wootoff.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:TT any chance they'll move the items along or put up some more lighters?

Nope. Woot's done for the night. Our DJ has left the building and gone to bed for a deserved rest after a 48 hr shift.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

drave117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drave117

That was the most heartbreaking Buccaneers of Caribbean failure I've ever had. This is the closest I've come in three years. All I can think of is that maybe I was a second or two ahead of the page going live, and then my browser cashed the 404 page. *sigh*

tvosborn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tvosborn
tvosborn wrote:I'm still in the Antechamber of Doom, can I sleep here until the next Buccaneers of Caribbean comes along?

Aw I finally got booted. And I had my sleeping bag and everything...

pureval

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pureval
Cornuto wrote:If this is really how they're going to do things instead of bags of crap, I doubt I'll sit through any more. I clicked the link to buy the item but just couldn't bring myself to throw out that kind of money for a lighter. I've snatched and lost bags of crap in the past but this just feels like the wrong way to do it.

You do know you did not have to buy the lighter to get the Buccaneers of Caribbean right?

It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.

MrStang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrStang

I'm waiting patiently been waiting since 2007. :-(

ThunderThighs wrote:Pretty much spot on. That's where the sales wait their turn to get their purchase verified/approved.

colleenbprice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colleenbprice

I have to agree that the woot team did a good job of cutting up the map tonight. It would have been very difficult to guess! I am so excited I got a Booty of Contraband! My husband is going to shake his head and laugh at me when he finds out this is what I did with my evening. Woot nerds rule!

rworthin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rworthin
hopmedic wrote:Arrrrg! Stayed up 2 1/2 hours past my bedtime so that I could see a steam powered waiting room usher me to the exit door to the sold-out alley of FAIL.

I keep saying it, but woot, this really is the last time. We're through! This is it! It's over! We're done!

Wait! Please take me back! Don't go! I need you more than you'll ever know! I gotta have you! I can't live without you! I love you!

I giggled a bit at this.

summerchen6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages summerchen6

Think there should be more added just like what they did with the EasyShare camera. :P

How many Buccaneers of Caribbean are usually released each time?

Doesn't make sense that for a Buccaneers of Caribbean that appears randomly in the day without having to work for it, there'll be 3000, but for a game that requires much more time and effort such as this there's only 200 to 400, 800ish in total.

Plus, can they even handle 3000 Buccaneers of Caribbean?

vesayth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vesayth
Zia Lia wrote:Woot, you have lost the trust of a customer. I've been with you since 2005, but enough is enough. You've allowed cheating and now this BS with the map - once again it was gone before normal humans had a chance.

This is not a sore loser, this is a ticked off consumer.

The monkey has jumped the shark.

I am a normal human, and as soon as I saw the map piece come up (I guessed 2 of the missing letters already beforehand) i quickly typed them in and got to the page and bought it.

They cancelled the orders from the cheaters from yesterday and reallocated them to the legitimate winners if you haven't been paying attention.

Streiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Streiff

Just got booted from the waiting room too.

Pedro105Woot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pedro105Woot
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes. That is a security measure we added with the new design to protect your personal info and make sure nobody makes a purchase on your account if you step away while logged in.

The way around this is to hit the buy button on an item to get to the check out screen. It will prompt you for you password and you will be good for a number of minutes. i did this on the last item and made it to the antechamber of doom without having to enter it again. Still did not get the prize but it was all worth it in the end. Thanks Woot!

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

I was hoping that "A good pirate always splits his booty" possibly meant there was more than one solution. Ah well.

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

Anyone know why so few Buccaneers of Caribbean this time? So many of us were in there seconds after it went live and only the first 200 got goodie bags.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

skgpyro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages skgpyro

I'm with ya pal, but alas I walked the plank.

SailorSpork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SailorSpork

Still in the waiting room... tiny chance but HOPE HOPE HOPE

Woots:
Belkin TuneSync Dock and 5-Port USB Hub x1
Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape x3
Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack x2
SanDisk 1GB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder x1

forbito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forbito

is anyone else still in the waiting room? o.o

efprofessor

quality posts: 8 Private Messages efprofessor

Clearly, Obama has been wooting...

See drudgereport.com and https://twitter.com/BarackObama/statuses/248501257055121409 for the stories/posts.

Apologies if this was posted earlier.

LBeria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LBeria

Still in the Antechamber....Still in the Antechamber....Still in the Antechamber....I have no life....Anymore....Antechamber keeps refreshing.....Must obey Antechamber....

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

lucretius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucretius
thehoboprince wrote:WOOT! Got one. Wife is stuck in the Antechamber of Doom.

TT, I appreciate you looking out for us this time and only launching the page when the final piece was posted. Last night was upsetting, today bliss!

+1. Worked hard yesterday (or rather two days ago now - east coaster) only to have it sold out before I got there. I wasn't going to even try today's puzzle but for seeing TT's post and promise to fix it for today. Thanks so much to all of staff.woot it paid off for me this time around and I truly appreciate the effort.

davidwido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidwido

i'm still in..refusing to leave :D

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:Nope. Woot's done for the night. Our DJ has left the building and gone to bed for a deserved rest after a 48 hr shift.

Thanks! The DJ left the lights on.

You know, I did use my woot-off lights for the DJ table at a party once....

moozer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moozer

Still hanging out in the lobby too...

summerchen6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages summerchen6
ThunderThighs wrote:Nope. Woot's done for the night. Our DJ has left the building and gone to bed for a deserved rest after a 48 hr shift.

You guys actually have people manually setting up the woots? If you can create a waiting room and determine the Honest 200 that clicked on a link, you've got to have a program that can just update each woot.

clubhubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clubhubie

I got one & I didnt cheat. Opened up the image, added in the missing letters to my pre written url with missing letters represented by ??? and clicked. Page came right up, clicked buy it now, jumped immediately to the Chamber, but within 7-10 seconds, went to the buy page to complete purchase.

I would say MAX it took me 10 seconds from the F5 refresh of seeing the new item to getting to the link. I consider myself lucky.

Thank you all for keeping it entertaining the past 2 days. Goodnight.

Cornuto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cornuto
pureval wrote:You do know you did not have to buy the lighter to get the Buccaneers of Caribbean right?

All I saw was another checkout page and like any consumer I wasn't willing to go through to the next stage of buying of an item I didn't want. I'd be a lot more comfortable just trying to buy a bag for the regular $5.00 and not initiate a fake purchase.

mommacomet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mommacomet
colleenbprice wrote:I have to agree that the woot team did a good job of cutting up the map tonight. It would have been very difficult to guess! I am so excited I got a Booty of Contraband! My husband is going to shake his head and laugh at me when he finds out this is what I did with my evening. Woot nerds rule!

My hubby works nights and when he left he told me to have fun on my treasure hunt. He has been laughing at me since yesterday. I paid off and I found treasure and got a Buccaneers of Caribbean