dsspro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsspro

Grrr Booted from waiting room...I think it also a paypal thing because I got there quick.Oh well..next time I guess

Backpack o' Crap? Dec 21 2013
Bag o' Crap Crapmas Day 5 Dec 7 2013
Bag o' Crap LXXIII: Crapvengers May 11,2011
Bag o’ Crap LXII: Crapril Showers Dec 1,2010

carlelynwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlelynwood

Dear everyone on Woot,
Although I just spent the same limbo time waiting (and failing) to get Buccaneers of Caribbean tonight, I also just discovered that I was one of the "Honest 200". Not only did Woot say they were going to do it, but I can vouch that they have indeed.

Thank you woot, this will be my first Buccaneers of Caribbean and I'm am looking forward to it with great anticipation!
And to everyone else who's still up past your bedtime, I hope to see you all again at the next woot-off, and to hear the good news when you get your well deserved crap, a whole bag of it!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
davidwido wrote:i'm still in..refusing to leave :D

So which one of you brought the drinks? I'm stubborn like that. Even though I know it's over.

Beware the V'owls screech!

zman42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zman42

Still in the Waiting Room... Can't allow myself to go to bed....

th0mb0y

quality posts: 0 Private Messages th0mb0y

What is this paypal conspiracy I keep hearing about?

drbiochemist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drbiochemist

How do you get the link? I have all the pieces here and don't get it...

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes. That is a security measure we added with the new design to protect your personal info and make sure nobody makes a purchase on your account if you step away while logged in.

Thanks for the explanation. Another quick security question - you no longer have to put in the three digit CVV code from your credit card, is that correct? Thanks!

volatpropriis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages volatpropriis

Still in the chamber...it's not reloading though...stuck in the trying-to-load-but-i-can-still-see-the-page-but-the-reload-circle-in-the-bar-keeps-spinning mode...anyone else?

christinalia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christinalia

I'm still in the waiting room, does this mean i still have hope?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

summerchen6 wrote:You guys actually have people manually setting up the woots? If you can create a waiting room and determine the Honest 200 that clicked on a link, you've got to have a program that can just update each woot.

Well, someone has to set up the sales, write the stuff, and all that. So yes, it's manual. But we always have people monitoring the woot-offs 24/7 to make sure things are working, sales are moving, making tweaks here and there, etc.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

michaelmensch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelmensch

I'm still in the Antechamber.

mmkjc23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmkjc23

I didn't get one either. BUT I also didn't spend ANY time today on this complete waste-of-time gimmick, as opposed to yesterday's eye-opener. The result is the same, but I'm not stressed at all, and I was able to spend my time in much more useful personal pursuits. Also no woots this wootoff, so I've got more sweet moolah in my pocket in addition to not being stressed. Not a bad outcome at all! In fact I feel great! I think I'll probably play it this same way next wootoff too. Good night all!

sinsemilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sinsemilla

Woot, you have dropped the ball with too many loyal customers and screwed them over too many times with crappy servers and promotions that were easily hacked.

Unless you convert to a lottery system and forget focusing on page refreshes, you are digging yourself an early grave.

ravicsx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravicsx

Last night and tonight was my first time attempting to get a Buccaneers of Caribbean and failed both times. I actually shed tears from all of the pent up frustrations effort I spent on this just to get nothing. My shopping spirit has just died. :'(

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

amhi wrote:Thanks for the explanation. Another quick security question - you no longer have to put in the three digit CVV code from your credit card, is that correct? Thanks!

Correct. Between the extra sign-in and other security measure we put in place with the new design, you no longer need the CCV.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

skinnychick810

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinnychick810

Still in the waiting room, too.

Super excited that I got as far as I did though.

I followed this most of the day, did old school scissors and tape, worked it out with plain pen and paper all by myself, refreshed the screen to death until the last map piece popped up, filled in the URL, and made it to the page before it was officially sold out. Even if I don't get anything, I had fun today!

Pedro105Woot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pedro105Woot

Come on Woot. I'm in antechanber hell. Just kick me out so I can go to bed already. I'm too stuborn to just close it and give up even thouhg I know it's over.

moozer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moozer

Just got booted

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
Cornuto wrote:All I saw was another checkout page and like any consumer I wasn't willing to go through to the next stage of buying of an item I didn't want. I'd be a lot more comfortable just trying to buy a bag for the regular $5.00 and not initiate a fake purchase.

You didn't even have to initiate a fake purchase... Have you been playing along all day?

neonbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonbot
Pedro105Woot wrote:Come on Woot. I'm in antechanber hell. Just kick me out so I can go to bed already. I'm too stuborn to just close it and give up even thouhg I know it's over.

I'm in the same boat, Can I get a pirate monkey as a consolation prize?

yrguide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, someone has to set up the sales, write the stuff, and all that. So yes, it's manual. But we always have people monitoring the woot-offs 24/7 to make sure things are working, sales are moving, making tweaks here and there, etc.

TT, the waiting room...How are people booted out? In reverse order or...dear BF has been in the waiting room for a very long time now and still hasn't been booted but I sure want to go to bed (as a winner as I was one of the lucky 200)

Thoughts?

CrystaIEyes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CrystaIEyes

Still in the waiting room, is it dead air at this point? Or is there still a small glimmer of hope from order that may not have processed?

kansasmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kansasmom
vesayth wrote:I think you got the wrong idea...

I am imagining the Wooter buying each item that said "TREASURE" all in the hopes of a Buccaneers of Caribbean Oh, dear.

michaelmensch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelmensch

Kk me to soldout screen. Nite all.

SailorSpork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SailorSpork
Pedro105Woot wrote:Come on Woot. I'm in antechanber hell. Just kick me out so I can go to bed already. I'm too stuborn to just close it and give up even thouhg I know it's over.

You can always just close your window and let the rest of us move up in line one spot ;)

Woots:
Belkin TuneSync Dock and 5-Port USB Hub x1
Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape x3
Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack x2
SanDisk 1GB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder x1

christinalia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christinalia

Kicked. I hate this. 1am and nothing, all that work for nothing. never again.

drave117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drave117
kansasmom wrote:I am imagining the Wooter buying each item that said "TREASURE" all in the hopes of a Buccaneers of Caribbean Oh, dear.

I don't think anybody is really that clueless.

summerchen6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages summerchen6
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, someone has to set up the sales, write the stuff, and all that. So yes, it's manual. But we always have people monitoring the woot-offs 24/7 to make sure things are working, sales are moving, making tweaks here and there, etc.

I thought those descriptions were written up beforehand. Makes sense that you guys have to monitor 24/7, but a staff member chugging along for 48 hours? Or maybe there are different people in shifts for setting up?

Cyberbrain

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Cyberbrain
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. Between the extra sign-in and other security measure we put in place with the new design, you no longer need the CCV.

I believe this new design may have cost many people the Buccaneers old Cutlass.

"The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! I am now leaving Earth for no raeson!"

supertetelman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supertetelman

So has anyone gotten out of the waiting room and moved on to purchasing recently or has everyone been getting booted?

Pedro105Woot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pedro105Woot
SailorSpork wrote:You can always just close your window and let the rest of us move up in line one spot ;)

Never you scurvy dog.

KtCallista

michaelmensch wrote:Kk me to soldout screen. Nite all.

GOodnight. Hubby wants to watch TV so I'm going to be here and there, I guess.

crazychinaman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crazychinaman
Cornuto wrote:All I saw was another checkout page and like any consumer I wasn't willing to go through to the next stage of buying of an item I didn't want. I'd be a lot more comfortable just trying to buy a bag for the regular $5.00 and not initiate a fake purchase.

What?! Dude. You weren't reading at all were you? The pieces of the map, that was mentioned on like every single page, provided a URL: "woot.com/offers/rbhsfrrnltibcswvitpbntophssrbraarrcp"
that took you to the Booty of Contraband product page. Then you just buy it. For $3. and $5 shipping. What impression were you runnin' with?

- Wooted -

• Book of Crap 11/4/05
  • Book of Crap 12/25/05
  • Pioneer 1000 Watt 5.1 Surround Sound System
  • Adaptec GameBridge 1440
  • Razer Pro|Tone m100
  • Mio C720T
  • High Peak Sleeping Bagx2
  • Energizer Hardcase Tactical Flashlight
  • Philips Prestigo Remote
  • Screaming Glow-in-the-Dark Monkey with Woot Cape

davidwido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidwido

still going strong...i am the chosen one!

brittensouth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brittensouth

Still chugging along....I'm sure my A&P Lab teacher won't accept this as an excuse if I do poorly on our test tomorrow.

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

After 44 minute in the waiting room... No Buccaneers of Caribbean

supertetelman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supertetelman

Well, I just progressed to ... a log in screen? I'm guessing that is bad. Night all.

toracha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toracha

YAR!!!!

I agree. Thank you woot. I was also part of the honest 200. YAR!!!

carlelynwood wrote:Dear everyone on Woot,
Although I just spent the same limbo time waiting (and failing) to get Buccaneers of Caribbean tonight, I also just discovered that I was one of the "Honest 200". Not only did Woot say they were going to do it, but I can vouch that they have indeed.

Thank you woot, this will be my first Buccaneers of Caribbean and I'm am looking forward to it with great anticipation!
And to everyone else who's still up past your bedtime, I hope to see you all again at the next woot-off, and to hear the good news when you get your well deserved crap, a whole bag of it!

~~~ May the Woot Gods bless your eternal search for the elusive Basket of Crawfish and your endless f5 tantrums.

KtCallista

brittensouth wrote:Still chugging along....I'm sure my A&P Lab teacher won't accept this as an excuse if I do poorly on our test tomorrow.

So grab the books and just glance up every once in a while.

ilianna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilianna
crazychinaman wrote:What?! Dude. You weren't reading at all were you? The pieces of the map, that was mentioned on like every single page, provided a URL: "woot.com/offers/rbhsfrrnltibcswvitpbntophssrbraarrcp"
that took you to the Booty of Contraband product page. Then you just buy it. For $3. and $5 shipping. What impression were you runnin' with?

It would not work for me until I removed "offers"