yrguide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide
binners wrote:After 44 minute in the waiting room... No Buccaneers of Caribbean

Yeah I kind of wish we could get some sort of answer/closure on this waiting room business.

crazychinaman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crazychinaman

Also, still haven't been booted yet. Let me sleep!

...Oh, there it went. Night!

- Wooted -

• Book of Crap 11/4/05
  • Book of Crap 12/25/05
  • Pioneer 1000 Watt 5.1 Surround Sound System
  • Adaptec GameBridge 1440
  • Razer Pro|Tone m100
  • Mio C720T
  • High Peak Sleeping Bagx2
  • Energizer Hardcase Tactical Flashlight
  • Philips Prestigo Remote
  • Screaming Glow-in-the-Dark Monkey with Woot Cape

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. Between the extra sign-in and other security measure we put in place with the new design, you no longer need the CCV.

Thank You! Thought I'd messed up by not putting it in. I guess I just didn't notice before.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
bmxjimp wrote:I don't know if it would have mattered much, but I think it's really low that Wootalyzer comes along and posts the link over and over and over as a "Wootalyzer Special." They did that for some April Fools Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s too. I just don't understand why they feel like they have to post a direct link and ruin the fun, similar to what happened last night. Sure, someone is going to do it for the rep, but I really loose respect for them when they push the secret links to their 5,000-10,000 users.

jaroon wrote:try 100,000+ users bud....

I wasn't just guessing. The Wootalyzer Network Status page shows around 3,200 users online right now. The peak was about 4,500 around noon. Both are less than the 5,000-10,000 range I gave.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

skinnychick810

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinnychick810

Still going strong in the waiting room... come on!!!!

madcow19

quality posts: 10 Private Messages madcow19

Just got booted...finally. While I'm not as excited about the way it turned out, it's still not the latest I've stayed up for a chance at the Buccaneers of Caribbean That would have to be "Crap Shoot" and finally hitting level 7 at 2:30am...

brittensouth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brittensouth
KtCallista wrote:So grab the books and just glance up every once in a while.

I'll be fine, it's not really a hard class. I'm just exhausted like most everyone here that's been on a two day woot bender waiting for that magical Buccaneers of Caribbean..oh and ending in pirate spirit YARRRR

Cornuto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cornuto
thumperchick wrote:You didn't even have to initiate a fake purchase... Have you been playing along all day?

Yes and like hundreds of others I have nothing to show for it but a bunch of map pieces and a painful feeling of getting vague instructions that led nowhere.

CrystaIEyes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CrystaIEyes

Just finally got booted =(

Goodnight all! And congrats to the rest of you! At least putting together the maps were fun! :D

kcostell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kcostell

Tonight, tonight wasn't just any night,
Tonight I clicked "I want one!" on Crap!
Tonight, tonight, it all sold out tonight,
and I got stuck in the waiting room!

Today, the minutes seem like hours,
the hours go so slowly,
Please say yes or no outright!

Oh Woot!, all right,
Until I see crap I will sit tight,
Tonight!

edit: And Woot did, in fact, eventually say no outright.

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners
yrguide wrote:Yeah I kind of wish we could get some sort of answer/closure on this waiting room business.

LOL

14eddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 14eddy
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. Between the extra sign-in and other security measure we put in place with the new design, you no longer need the CCV.

So I take it that after seen the wheels spin the Antechamber room this whole time I won't be getting anything? Just wondering like the other poster's so we can go to bed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

As far as the waiting room,

The thing is sold out. You are most likely safe to leave and lose nothing.

If you're worried, you can leave your computer on and go to bed. It doesn't require your interaction at this point.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

did it have to be in caps?

petrosrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages petrosrex

I was not expecting a Buccaneers of Caribbean this Woot!off. With the power going out yesterday and not coming back on until noon today, I did not have a chance. I had to sort through the old blog posts and piece together the clues. (I even put yesterday's together for fun!)

Alas, I had success! I can't wait to see what me booty o' Crapbeard is!

One pirate joke for the road:
Q: What is a pirate's favorite letter?

A: A letter from home. (If you said "ARRRGH (R)" or "Sea (C)", that is prejudice!)

curlyrunner435

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curlyrunner435

For those of you still in the Chamber... I just got through a few seconds ago, signed in (again), but it was sold out.

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik

You know what I learned tonight.... The PayPal on Woot rumor is 100% true.

Woot secretly hates PayPal users.

Ok. But seriously... There really is some kind of obvious delay caused by using PayPal vs using a credit card. I will now be changing my payment method I guess. What a sad day for me...

Please go back to the old way of doing Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s. It seems that your servers can handle the old style now

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

skinnychick810

ThunderThighs wrote:As far as the waiting room,

If you're worried, you can leave your computer on and go to bed. It doesn't require your interaction at this point.

But if for some freak reason you don't get booted, and instead go to the checkout page, wouldn't checking out require your interaction? Not trying to be a jerk... seriously curious...

binners

Why did it ask me to sign in again about 1/2 hour ago?

yrguide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide

You're an angel, thank you.

Let me drag Mr. Yrguide off to bed.

Thanks for helping fix the treasure hunt, it was a blast!

thumperchick

quality posts: 240 Private Messages thumperchick
Cornuto wrote:Yes and like hundreds of others I have nothing to show for it but a bunch of map pieces and a painful feeling of getting vague instructions that led nowhere.

You were supposed to collect the map pieces - they were in with the images of any woot-off item with the word TREASURE in the description. Piece the map together and the BOLD red letters spelled out a URL. Paste the URL into your browser and that's where the crap was.

I'm sorry you're frustrated, but I don't get what confused you? The map finding instructions were pretty clear in this thread?

IceWoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IceWoot

But we are in the waiting room because when we got to the Buccaneers of Caribbean page, it wasn't showing sold out... Now in waiting room to confirm that I didn't click on time...

LBeria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LBeria

Still in Antechamber....lights flashing faster....not taking as long to refresh....then slowing down....Must obey Antechamber....

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

trihard66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trihard66

Just got booted from the Antechamber. Nighty nite, all.

skinnychick810

Damn... got the boot. Goodnight all! Congrats to those who got it. Here's hoping your crap isn't crappy. LOL

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
Lassik wrote:You know what I learned tonight.... The PayPal on Woot rumor is 100% true.

Woot secretly hates PayPal users.

Ok. But seriously... There really is some kind of obvious delay caused by using PayPal vs using a credit card. I will now be changing my payment method I guess. What a sad day for me...

Please go back to the old way of doing Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s. It seems that your servers can handle the old style now

Well, Amazon doesn't like PayPal either (that's why they don't have that option when you buy things there).

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

binners

Well I'm done.

Thanks for the frustration and the fun Woot.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

binners wrote:Why did it ask me to sign in again about 1/2 hour ago?

I know not the inner workings of this thing called woot.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

LeahD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeahD
miken927 wrote:

(btw, this cartoon appeared in the New Yorker in 1993!)

WHAT! Did we really have internet in1993? I am trying to remember when we got all cutting edge w/ AOL Dialup in Jax, FL.

ilianna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilianna
supertetelman wrote:Well, I just progressed to ... a log in screen? I'm guessing that is bad. Night all.

Ummm. You have to log in a second time when making a purchase. Not that it worked for me.

bingomzan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bingomzan
ThunderThighs wrote:I know not the inner workings of this thing called woot.

From the bottom of a few of our hearts, please find out. I know a Buccaneers of Caribbean is not a big deal, but we kinda want to know if having to login again, did in fact, boot us to the back of the line.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

53 min in the waiting room and now I'm out. the Bag page went up, sold out.

My account is crapless. And now there are no stats as to how many bags were issued. Could had been 20.
If I knew they were going to half-ass it I would had keep up with my sleep. Too much effort on creating the game left them too tired to make enough supply.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

brittensouth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brittensouth

Finally got the boot, really doubt the math involved if the first person wooted one in about 15 seconds...pretty sure I was faster than that...nonetheless another day given to the woot gods. Congrats to all those who picked them up may the pirate lords show no mercy on you and to all others this is life.

LBeria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LBeria

FINALLY got to the page to see that they were sold out of the Buccaneers of Caribbean. Now I'll have to scrape my eyeballs off the desk, reprogram my brain to stop counting blinking lights looking for a pattern of hope, and go to bed.

Oh...and since it's past midnight here, no pirate-speak.

At least I fought the good fight....

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

IceWoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IceWoot

Give me the luxury of getting the boot.... or letting me get a bag.... waiting like this is hell.

It is sad when being disappointed becomes a luxury.

mroyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mroyt

Was just asked to sign in again, and then waited, then was sent to the sold out page. I have a feeling, if you're still waiting, it's safe to go to bed. Next time!

CrystaIEyes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CrystaIEyes
LeahD wrote:WHAT! Did we really have internet in1993? I am trying to remember when we got all cutting edge w/ AOL Dialup in Jax, FL.

SO.
MANY.
STUPID.
CDs.
(Though weren't we still using the actual floppy floppies back in '93? I don't remember as I was, well, 3.)

SailorSpork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SailorSpork

Yep. Asked to sign in again after all this time, then booted to the sold out screen. That's it.

Woots:
Belkin TuneSync Dock and 5-Port USB Hub x1
Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape x3
Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack x2
SanDisk 1GB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder x1

ecnica

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ecnica
SailorSpork wrote:Yep. Asked to sign in again after all this time, then booted to the sold out screen. That's it.

Same here, not to see what else is out there outside of my home office.

thumperchick

quality posts: 240 Private Messages thumperchick

And finally booted from the Chamber of Crapness. Bummer.

Sleep, sleep seems like a great idea.