AdamCahill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AdamCahill

Spent way too much time on this to be shut out yet again. Kinda wonder why I bothered.

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

I think we all learned a very valuable lesson this week...

how to use GIMP.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

daear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daear

Just found out I was one of the "Honest 200" as well, but when I go to claim it, it tells me it's sold out. Doh.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

daear wrote:Just found out I was one of the "Honest 200" as well, but when I go to claim it, it tells me it's sold out. Doh.

Email service@woot.com and they'll help you figure it out.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mswillis5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mswillis5

Do we know how many Buccaneers of Caribbean went out today?

Kurosaki

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kurosaki
Ozzie2191 wrote:Got booted after 10m or so in the waiting room (however long it's been since about 10s after it showed up, when I typed in those few missing letters). Sad because it would have been a great 40th birthday present for me! At least I had pizza =)

Woot- worth noting that the bots still figured out ways around your code as tons of people reported wootalyzer popups. Solid try though. Was slightly fun, although heavy annoying. Beats trying to crash your servers, I'm sure!

I finally have a fast enough connection to attempt to beat the server crash and they change up the game. darn it.

Hatsune Miku is my Idol

mswillis5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mswillis5
Kurosaki wrote:I finally have a fast enough connection to attempt to beat the server crash and they change up the game. darn it.

I have a 100MB connection and I am in Dallas. I still didn't get a Buccaneers of Caribbean

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
mswillis5 wrote:Do we know how many Buccaneers of Caribbean went out today?

I am wondering the same thing. Maybe ThunderThighs can chime in if she is still working.

renrutnairbwoot

Is this where people will be tracking their Bag of Crap or would it make sense to have a new forum?

If we have a new forum, should we have a separate one for each map?

dubdubdub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Is this where people will be tracking their Bag of Crap or would it make sense to have a new forum?

If we have a new forum, should we have a separate one for each map?

There were 3 actual sales.

My theory on these Pirate Day craps...

Knowing woot, these Buccaneers of Caribbean will be Ninja themed instead of pirate themed.

I fully expect to get the following items:

• 1 invisible 4th Gen iPod Touch
  • 1 Kona Electric Guitar (because everyone knows ninjas love to wail on guitars)
  • 1 low tech navigational device, like something way to big to fit in your glove box but can only give you directs to Bob Evans.
  • 1 bag big enough for you (sans guitar) to successfully hide in

In true ninja form, these items will all be hidden in a secret compartment beneath pillows of sweet Texas air and the following decoy items:

• Spider man backpack wearable by no one larger than a cocker spaniel
    • Chapstick
    • Montreal Expos Bobble Head with a very bad neck cramp
    • slightly used 25' Parallel port cable

You'll probably have to wait for the Christmas Crapping if you were hoping for a crudely made prosthetic limb or a cannon ball...

sandyandjoseph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandyandjoseph

I think this may be the most fun in a Woot-Off I've ever had. I even got my husband to stand in for me while I was on a 2 hour web conference - a Woot convert! No Buccaneers of Caribbean but the ride was fun I really like all the creative ways they're coming up with for crap-distribution.

hopmedic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hopmedic

‎Woot, we're through. I stayed up nearly 3 hours past my bedtime to try for the Barbecued Oysters Carolling, but no. All I got to see, after copying and pasting the pieces of the TREASURE map into Photoshop all day was a steam-powered waiting room, and then I was ushered into the dungeon of FAIL, decorated in neo-colonial SOLD-OUT.

We're through. I'm done. It's over. I don't want to ever see you again. I'm deleting you from my favorites. You're no longer on my bookmarks toolbar. I'm defriending you as soon as I finish typing this. I never want to see your peg-legged, hook-handed, patch-eyed face again! We're done!

Wait! What do you mean you're breaking up with me? You can't do that? I need you! What am I supposed to do each morning when I log in? How can I get through each day without seeing what the daily woot is? I have to have you! You can't leave! If I can't have you, no one can! I can't live without you! I MUST HAVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I PROMISE I'LL NEVER LOOK AT ANOTHER WEBSITE AS LONG AS I LIVE!

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik
    dubdubdub wrote:There were 3 actual sales.

My theory on these Pirate Day craps...

Knowing woot, these Buccaneers of Caribbean will be Ninja themed instead of pirate themed.

I fully expect to get the following items:

• 1 invisible 4th Gen iPod Touch
  • 1 Kona Electric Guitar (because everyone knows ninjas love to wail on guitars)
  • 1 low tech navigational device, like something way to big to fit in your glove box but can only give you directs to Bob Evans.
  • 1 bag big enough for you (sans guitar) to successfully hide in

In true ninja form, these items will all be hidden in a secret compartment beneath pillows of sweet Texas air and the following decoy items:

• Spider man backpack wearable by no one larger than a cocker spaniel
    • Chapstick
    • Montreal Expos Bobble Head with a very bad neck cramp
    • slightly used 25' Parallel port cable

You'll probably have to wait for the Christmas Crapping if you were hoping for a crudely made prosthetic limb or a cannon ball...

What was this one for?
    CRAPBEARDSAYSSORRY

It wasn't part of the treasure hunt...

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik

Was it for the Honest 200 thing?

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta
    hopmedic wrote:‎Woot, we're through. I stayed up nearly 3 hours past my bedtime to try for the Barbecued Oysters Carolling, but no. All I got to see, after copying and pasting the pieces of the TREASURE map into Photoshop all day was a steam-powered waiting room, and then I was ushered into the dungeon of FAIL, decorated in neo-colonial SOLD-OUT.

We're through. I'm done. It's over. I don't want to ever see you again. I'm deleting you from my favorites. You're no longer on my bookmarks toolbar. I'm defriending you as soon as I finish typing this. I never want to see your peg-legged, hook-handed, patch-eyed face again! We're done!

Wait! What do you mean you're breaking up with me? You can't do that? I need you! What am I supposed to do each morning when I log in? How can I get through each day without seeing what the daily woot is? I have to have you! You can't leave! If I can't have you, no one can! I can't live without you! I MUST HAVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I PROMISE I'LL NEVER LOOK AT ANOTHER WEBSITE AS LONG AS I LIVE!

Hehe...I started out rolling my eyes...then started giggling my head off!

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

ashortfuse13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashortfuse13

I got an email saying I should have been able to buy the Buccaneers of Caribbean the first day with a link, but they're sold out. How do I get my Buccaneers of Caribbean

dubdubdub

Lassik wrote:Was it for the Honest 200 thing?

Yes. Emailed to the "Honest 200"... $1000 Booty of Contraband with a $997 coupon code. Best part is that supposedly some guy's wife accidentally bought one for $1000 because it popped up on a woot alert tool.

ashortfuse13 wrote:I got an email saying I should have been able to buy the Buccaneers of Caribbean the first day with a link, but they're sold out. How do I get my Buccaneers of Caribbean

Blame Jordan711. His wife paid $1000 for one of those bags last night (no coupon code). I'm guessing he'd sell it to you for $1005 + shipping (so his costs are covered).

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya
    dubdubdub wrote:Blame Jordan711. His wife paid $1000 for one of those bags last night (no coupon code). I'm guessing he'd sell it to you for $1005 + shipping (so his costs are covered).

That is hilarious! I feel bad for the guy (and his wife who was just trying to be sweet), but that doesn't make it any less funny. I'm sure woot will cancel it, at least. I'm glad I was in the 'Honest 200' camp. If I had stumbled on that link and tried it, it would have overdrawn my account and MY husband might have killed me. haha

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack
    dubdubdub wrote:Blame Jordan711. His wife paid $1000 for one of those bags last night (no coupon code). I'm guessing he'd sell it to you for $1005 + shipping (so his costs are covered).

At least it wasn't the Million Dollar Crap from several years back! That would put a hurt on your Paypal or Credit Card account!

dubdubdub

mlsapack wrote:At least it wasn't the Million Dollar Crap from several years back! That would put a hurt on your Paypal or Credit Card account!

My CC doesn't have a 1,000,000+ limit on it. I must have married the wrong Kardashian.

ashortfuse13

Wow... I don't believe any Booty of Contraband is worth $1000!

ashortfuse13

Woot just posted on their facebook page in reply to another unfortunate person who missed their 2nd chance Buccaneers of Caribbean

"I'm going to be checking on this- apparently some people bought it at the $1,000 price so we'll likely cancel those. I'll update you on this post when we get things back in line."

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

The Wootsack Tracker is up for the Crapbeard Treasure Crap (the Sept 18 entry is for all of the Crapbeard Buccaneers of Caribbean). Please add your info to the list and update as shipment progresses. Thanks and congratulations to all who scored on this fun and entertaining adventure!

Wootsack Tracker Link

Sinistral1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sinistral1

So there I was last night around midnight, with my smart phone and stylist, feverishly typing in the "url" to get to the "site" - yikes! I took a COBOL class in 1976 (that was in the last century) and I'm supposed to know how all this electronic stuff works? Just to get a Booty of Contraband? A $3 Booty of Contraband?? Woot!, despite all the tec-know geeks and fast brained programers, not to mention the crap grabbing, under-handed, snake-eyed varmits who know how to side step the "rules", this was one of the most enjoyable Woot-Offs since I've been Wooting (3 years). And, I didn't get a Buccaneers of Caribbean either, just had some light amusement and lively conversation. Thanks!

Sinistral1

mahorn4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mahorn4

Seriously, I liked the old way of doing the Buccaneers of Caribbean during the Woot-Off! I cannot stay up that late. Might have been fun but it really just sucked. Come on Woot!

8 x

renrutnairbwoot

Is there any way one of the staff members could post the quantity sold for Wednesday's Booty of Contraband?

It sold out really quick. I also noticed from the sales stats that about a dozen states didn't get any Bags. I am guessing the quantity was low.

tobakett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobakett

After spending all weekend severely ill, and staying up all night 2 nights ago, I decided to actually go to bed last night. Woke up to the greatest email ever...that I was one of the lucky 200. Also, my first bag ever!

However, it says sold out. I was about to go on a NyQuil induced rampage but then I came here and saw I'm not the only one, and so I emailed support to see what they can do to help.

Can anyone else confirm they had the sold out issue and it was fixed?

Buccaneers of Caribbean #1 9-18-2012 (1 of the the Honest 200)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ashortfuse13 wrote:I got an email saying I should have been able to buy the Buccaneers of Caribbean the first day with a link, but they're sold out. How do I get my Buccaneers of Caribbean

Email service@woot.com and they'll help you out.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
    To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
    ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
    CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ashortfuse13

tobakett wrote:After spending all weekend severely ill, and staying up all night 2 nights ago, I decided to actually go to bed last night. Woke up to the greatest email ever...that I was one of the lucky 200. Also, my first bag ever!

However, it says sold out. I was about to go on a NyQuil induced rampage but then I came here and saw I'm not the only one, and so I emailed support to see what they can do to help.

Can anyone else confirm they had the sold out issue and it was fixed?

I also had the sold out issue, but it hasn't been fixed. I emailed service@woot 5.5 hrs ago but haven't heard back. I think there are quite a few of us who reached the page too late.

caroltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroltz
    ashortfuse13 wrote:I also had the sold out issue, but it hasn't been fixed. I emailed service@woot 5.5 hrs ago but haven't heard back. I think there are quite a few of us who reached the page too late.

Same for me. Didn't see until this morning an email I received 10:45 last night telling me I was one of the lucky 200. After reaching the "sold out" page, I emailed Woot. No response as of yet.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
    ashortfuse13 wrote: I emailed service@woot 5.5 hrs ago but haven't heard back.

Give them a day or so to get back to you - imagine how many emails customer service got in the last 48hours. They have to get through all of them in the order received. They'll get back to soon.

Dwain77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Dwain77
    thumperchick wrote:Give them a day or so to get back to - imagine how many emails customer service got in the last 48hours. They have to get through all of them in the order received. They'll get back to soon.

Yeah, I'd say they'll make it right for everyone. With all the confusion I'd say just give them a little time to finish working things out.

I did see the post below seemingly saying there was only 1 hour left to buy the 200 craps? I don't remember a time limit when I purchased mine though so I'm not sure if that was the case.

jazzyrhythms wrote:Hmm. An hour left on the emailed buckets of crabs. I guess that's what they meant by a "chance." If you weren't awake or available to check your email in a 2 hour time frame - no bucket-o-crabs for you.

I'm 1 of the infamous "Honest 200".

tobakett

thumperchick wrote:Give them a day or so to get back to you - imagine how many emails customer service got in the last 48hours. They have to get through all of them in the order received. They'll get back to soon.

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that (see earlier note about massive NyQuil consumption)

Keeping my faith in Woot. Somewhat helps I got my Pyrex set today and was made yummy "feel better brownies"

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
    tobakett wrote:That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that (see earlier note about massive NyQuil consumption)

Keeping my faith in Woot. Somewhat helps I got my Pyrex set today and was made yummy "feel better brownies"

Brownies are yummy. Feel better soon.

I'm just hanging out, really.

caroltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroltz
    tobakett wrote:Keeping my faith in Woot. Somewhat helps I got my Pyrex set today and was made yummy "feel better brownies"

You should send inkycatz and thunderthighs some brownies. They've had a rough couple of days.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

inkycatz

caroltz wrote:You should send inkycatz and thunderthighs some brownies. They've had a rough couple of days.

Please be sure to keep any NyQuil out of food, we're super sleepy as it is. ;)

tobakett

caroltz wrote:You should send inkycatz and thunderthighs some brownies. They've had a rough couple of days.

I don't think they would survive the trip from the UP of Michigan to Texas....so here's what I can send

inkycatz

tobakett wrote:FOOOOOD

My expression right now

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

Congrats to those lucky 2-400 who got in on the TREASURE. Apparently I'm too slow on both treasure purchases.

TT can I haz a special link to purchase bag too. I fly the (black) pirate colors beneath my name showing that I am a hardened pirate who has battled many times in the name of Captain Crapbeard.

EDIT: I even changed my avatar to offer fish and to sing songs of Crapiness.

\

cyclops829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
    Lassik wrote:You know what I learned tonight.... The PayPal on Woot rumor is 100% true.

Woot secretly hates PayPal users.

Ok. But seriously... There really is some kind of obvious delay caused by using PayPal vs using a credit card. I will now be changing my payment method I guess. What a sad day for me...

Please go back to the old way of doing Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s. It seems that your servers can handle the old style now

I used paypal and it went through just fine....