cyclops829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
brittensouth wrote:Finally got the boot, really doubt the math involved if the first person wooted one in about 15 seconds...pretty sure I was faster than that...nonetheless another day given to the woot gods. Congrats to all those who picked them up may the pirate lords show no mercy on you and to all others this is life.

15 seconds is when it processed the sale, not when he clicked the link

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass
cyclops829 wrote:I used paypal and it went through just fine....

My wife got hers with Paypal last night as well.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

cheesed00dle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheesed00dle

My $0.02:

So I spent all day putting together my map. When it got down to 1 piece missing, I figured there were probably only 1 or 2 characters left. I tried to guess the 1 letter (I figured 2 was too many combinations). I actually was worried they'd *expect* people to find it early. When the last piece came out, I typed the letters into place as quickly as possible. I figured there would be people out there writing scripts to do it, and while I probably could have managed (I am a programmer), accessing a site is a little beyond my experience, and I figured the script writers would be few enough that I'd still have a chance doing it the "fun" way (didn't imagine there would only be 200). I'm not even sure I was aware of slickdeals before yesterday.

Now:

Yes, I hate it when people with scripts nab all the bee-oh-cees before I can even refresh my page. Yes, I'm a little annoyed that this was crowdsourced on an external site.

But what rules did it break? What are the rules to solving a puzzle of this nature? Guessing isn't allowed? Collaborating isn't allowed? Kinda hard to enforce, I would think. Pretty much have to design the system to be uncrackable, not expect such a large group of people to follow the honor system, even if there are clear rules. (the idea of some sort of twist on the last fragment that couldn't possibly be worked out beforehand is pretty elegant, I think. Doesn't negate the work putting it together, but levels the playing field.)

Brute-forcing it "feels" like cheating to me, and sharing the URL definitely feels like cheating, but guessing doesn't really. Interesting to see where different people draw the line.

dachshund51288

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dachshund51288

Since it seems like many of us are finding the $1000 Buccaneers of Caribbean sold out before we could enter our code and buy one, I find it funny so many other people would spend $1000 for a Buccaneers of Caribbean

Woot should keep those $1000 purchases w/o the code as well and bag the profit ;-) but I know woot is too nice to do that.

jazzyrhythms

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jazzyrhythms
Dwain77 wrote:Yeah, I'd say they'll make it right for everyone. With all the confusion I'd say just give them a little time to finish working things out.

I did see the post below seemingly saying there was only 1 hour left to buy the 200 craps? I don't remember a time limit when I purchased mine though so I'm not sure if that was the case.

Yes, I saw a two hour time limit on the $1000 Buccaneers of Caribbean when I purchased mine. I saw it counting down - last I checked it was at 37 minutes. Interested to see what support says and why they chose a 2 hour time limit.

That's right. One of the "Honest 200". Arggggg

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

To the buccaneers emailed about the special "Crapbreardsayssorry" sale:

We found a mutinous scalawag amongst our crew that turned off this sale. He's been drawn and quartered so is no longer a problem. We've restarted the sale. If you haven't completed your order, please do so soon because we don't know how much longer we can hold back the rest of this mutinous lot.

TL;DR: sale is fixed, order soon, won't last forever (noon Friday 9/21)

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

beanerkc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beanerkc
ThunderThighs wrote: To the buccaneers emailed about the special "Crapbreardsayssorry" sale:

We found a mutinous scalawag amongst our crew that turned off this sale. He's been drawn and quartered so is no longer a problem. We've restarted the sale. If you haven't completed your order, please do so soon because we don't know how much longer we can hold back the rest of this mutinous lot.

Thank you!!!! I tried off and on all day once I saw I was one of the 200 you emailed.

This is also my first Buccaneers of Caribbean

Proud member of the infamous "Honest 200"

tobakett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobakett

I'm seriously going to cry now. I got to the site. I clicked the gold button to buy. I put in my coupon code, it changed the total to $8.00. I clicked pay. It denied.

I called my bank, verified my balance, and verified my card is ok, they said everything is fine. I try again. DENIED.

I switch to my PayPal account. DENIED.

I went in and re-entered all my CC info in case something got mixed up. STILL DENIED.

I checked my orders...it's not in there.

I emailed support. I'm at my wits end now.

Buccaneers of Caribbean #1 9-18-2012 (1 of the the Honest 200)

tobakett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobakett
tobakett wrote:I'm seriously going to cry now. I got to the site. I clicked the gold button to buy. I put in my coupon code, it changed the total to $8.00. I clicked pay. It denied.

I called my bank, verified my balance, and verified my card is ok, they said everything is fine. I try again. DENIED.

I switch to my PayPal account. DENIED.

I went in and re-entered all my CC info in case something got mixed up. STILL DENIED.

I checked my orders...it's not in there.

I emailed support. I'm at my wits end now.

Nevermind, my bank rep was a flippin landlubber and didn't know how to read her screen. Apparently there was a hold on my account to verify my transactions. Fixed now. Yay Woot! Boooo US Bank!

Buccaneers of Caribbean #1 9-18-2012 (1 of the the Honest 200)

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik
cyclops829 wrote:I used paypal and it went through just fine....

Me and my friend were taking shifts gathering the pieces. I was the one that got the last letters and completed the link. I clicked the link and ordered mine. Then my friend quickly went to complete his link and order his. It was about 15 full seconds after I ordered mine and he got it and i didn't. The only difference we can see is that I use PayPal and he just uses the CC.

His just went right through and didn't even really see the waiting chamber. I got stuck at the waiting chamber until it just kicked me out. So I was definitely in before him. No doubt about it and somehow he got it and I didn't.

Now, PayPal may not be the issue but if that's the case then there is something wrong with the woot servers that screwed me over if it's not.

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

caroltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroltz
ThunderThighs wrote: To the buccaneers emailed about the special "Crapbreardsayssorry" sale:

Yippeee!!! Thank you TT!!! Now, where should I ship the box of Nyquil-free brownies to you and inkycatz?

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

caroltz wrote:Yippeee!!! Thank you TT!!! Now, where should I ship the box of Nyquil-free brownies to you and inkycatz?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Brownies.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dachshund51288

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dachshund51288

Glad I was just checking this thread, almost ran out of time now that it's been fixed. Thanks TT and Woot!

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

It is funny how crazy busy this thread was on Tuesday and Wednesday, and now it is dead.

I can't wait until people start getting shipping information so this thread picks up again.

I just checked and I can't track by reference yet. Hopefully soon!

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

I had been collecting map pieces all day as well. Then my scallywag of a boyfriend came home and entered the code before I did and got himself a Buccaneers of Caribbean while I did not -_-. He said I could have it though :D. So we will probably just share. We always do anyway when one of us gets one. I think it's way more fun when we both open one together. We sit the box between us and reach in without looking, pulling out one item at a time each until the box is empty.

So..please don't put any live crocodiles in there. :s

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

jcadieux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcadieux

I'm not going to lie. I cried a bit when I received my email for Crapbeard's TREASURE. From all the hype and trouble the first map caused, I'm hoping for a tablet or a TV, but I won't push my luck.

That would be awesome though. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's crappy finds.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
abitterwoman wrote:I had been collecting map pieces all day as well. Then my scallywag of a boyfriend came home and entered the code before I did and got himself a Buccaneers of Caribbean while I did not -_-. He said I could have it though :D. So we will probably just share. We always do anyway when one of us gets one. I think it's way more fun when we both open one together. We sit the box between us and reach in without looking, pulling out one item at a time each until the box is empty.

So..please don't put any live crocodiles in there. :s

that sounds nice... why are you bitter again?

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

abitterwoman

omh1009 wrote:that sounds nice... why are you bitter again?

Lol. Strictly for the gamertag. I love when I'm playing Halo and it says on someones screen, "You were killed by A Bitter Woman."

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
abitterwoman wrote:Lol. Strictly for the gamertag. I love when I'm playing Halo and it says on someones screen, "You were killed by A Bitter Woman."

Oh, OK. I thought you had an attitude problem. Congratulations on your shared crap. May your bag be heavy.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

As we anxiously await commencement of shipping (ColonelCrap, any updates for the troops regarding deployment?), a reminder to post your Crapbeard Treasure info on the Wootsack Tracker.

I was going to suggest putting the round that you scored your Crap in the 'location' info, but decided that it would be best not to re-light that inferno! :o

renrutnairbwoot

mlsapack wrote:As we anxiously await commencement of shipping (ColonelCrap, any updates for the troops regarding deployment?), a reminder to post your Crapbeard Treasure info on the Wootsack Tracker.

I was going to suggest putting the round that you scored your Crap in the 'location' info, but decided that it would be best not to re-light that inferno! :o

I went to add my crap and the Submit button is disabled. I tried using Firefox and IE 7. Any suggestions?

kwstillson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwstillson
renrutnairbwoot wrote:I went to add my crap and the Submit button is disabled. I tried using Firefox and IE 7. Any suggestions?

You need to read and click on the text directly above the submit button, when the numbers are shown just type what you see and the submit button will come active.

renrutnairbwoot

kwstillson wrote:You need to read and click on the text directly above the submit button, when the numbers are shown just type what you see and the submit button will come active.

Thanks! I saw that text, but was thinking it meant to click the submit button and then type in the numbers. Got it now.

kwstillson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwstillson
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Thanks! I saw that text, but was thinking it meant to click the submit button and then type in the numbers. Got it now.

Glad to help. It wasn't that obvious to me either at first.

asimpson8204

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asimpson8204

Just curious if anyone's Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s have shipped yet? My is still awaiting. This is my first one so just wondering.

Thanks...

renrutnairbwoot

asimpson8204 wrote:Just curious if anyone's Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s have shipped yet? My is still awaiting. This is my first one so just wondering.

Thanks...

Mine has not shipped, but I am surprised how dead this thread is. Maybe it is because the threads I have followed in the past were for when they gave out a lot more Bags of Crap.

I hope colonelcrap gives us an update soon. I also hope he talks like a pirate when he does.

abitterwoman

omh1009 wrote:Oh, OK. I thought you had an attitude problem. Congratulations on your shared crap. May your bag be heavy.

Thank you, sir. Yours as well! Or if you didn't get one this round, may you score an epic one next time :D

mikebbass

abitterwoman wrote:Thank you, sir. Yours as well! Or if you didn't get one this round, may you score an epic one next time :D

I checked this morning and neither my Buccaneers of Caribbean (1st map bag) or my wife's (2nd map Bag) have progressed.

I realize I am completely in the wrong to think this, but I am a little more excited about this batch considering the small number of crap contestants.

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

Cheech151337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cheech151337
mikebbass wrote:I realize I am completely in the wrong to think this, but I am a little more excited about this batch considering the small number of crap contestants.

I'm just the opposite, I can't help to think it's taking so long because they're separating the ones with SD referral links and filling them with contempt :P

mikebbass

Cheech151337 wrote:I'm just the opposite, I can't help to think it's taking so long because they're separating the ones with SD referral links and filling them with contempt :P

well since neither my wife nor I got ours through SD we should be in pretty good shape. BROKEN PALM PILOT CASES FOR ALL!!

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

mlsapack

mikebbass wrote:
I realize I am completely in the wrong to think this, but I am a little more excited about this batch considering the small number of crap contestants.

I, too, anxiously await shipping info with high (perhaps foolish) hopes for an extra special Bounty of Crap from the exciting treasure hunt. I scored the 2nd map bag.

Eagerly awaiting further orders, ColonelCrap, SIR!

renrutnairbwoot

mikebbass wrote:

I am with you on this. I am more excited about this one than my previous one because of the quantity. I think they said there were 153 in the SD group, 200 (if they ordered on time) in the 1st map group, but I never saw the quantity for the 2nd map group. I am in the 2nd map group.

I am really happy they did a Bag of Crap offering that wasn't social media related. I don't have access at work so haven't been able to participate in those.

Anybody else trying to track by reference about every hour?

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

A friend of mine who won the PoC just got his...now it's time for me to get my Buccaneers of Caribbean! Anticipation is killing!

billlehecka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billlehecka

I'm eagerly anticipating my Limited Edition Booty of Contraband. any way we could get these Bags of Crap numbered?

dubdubdub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub
billlehecka wrote:I'm eagerly anticipating my Limited Edition Booty of Contraband. any way we could get these Bags of Crap numbered?

Like the numbered crap buckets from a couple years ago?

mlsapack

dubdubdub wrote:Like the numbered crap buckets from a couple years ago?

I assume you mean the numbered headbands? I was #2050!

runadi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runadi
renrutnairbwoot wrote:
Anybody else trying to track by reference about every hour?

I try about once a day but nothin so far

4/22/2014 - Zande ki Graddakh
9/19/2012 - RBHSFRRNLTIBCSWVITPBNTOPHSSRBRAARRCP
4/1/2011 - Random Crap - Level 7
3/9/2011 - Bandolier of Carrots
12/1/2010 - Random Crap
8/20/2010 - Random Crap
6/24/2010 - Random Crap
5/26/2010 - Random Crap
3/26/2010 - Random Crap
9/24/2008 - Random Crap

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

i try not to check very often (maybe once a day) for my tracking number... but once i get it... ugh! the week-long wait (i live in pittsburgh) just becomes too much! haha. i will post another video once it comes on YouTube under the username dpcollectsBOC.

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4
mlsapack wrote:I assume you mean the numbered headbands? I was #2050!

I am hoping for a new computer or tablet. I saw some very lucky people got a new laptop or tablet (still jelly of them) I have to use the one at my university in the library. I have to stay at campus to Woot, oh what and inconvenience and how much time it wastes but I can't miss my Woot. I know Woot won't disappoint, which is why it's taking so long, they are doing something extra special ....I hope!

scottkennedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottkennedy

Let them take their time...anticipation is awesome. If a Buccaneers of Caribbean is $3, I pay $1 for crap and $2 for anticipation.