renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
mlsapack wrote:My cow was just plastered with travel stickers and had a few hitchhiking bears. Some pirate themed items among the Crap would be pretty neat, though.

The cow you are talking about is called Teddy Bears on the Moove. We have 3 different cows in our office from previous bags. I have one called Cowabunga, two coworkers have Teddy Bears on the Moove and another coworker has one called Moodolph (basically Rudolph the red nose reindeer, but a cow).

mdragga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdragga

Still "Awaiting Shipping" on my Buccaneers of Caribbean..

But the stupid flying monkey I bought is already shipped /grumble

Edit - I have a 1 lb placeholder as of 9:59pm yesterday. Needs shipped!

Buccaneers of Caribbean 4/1/2011
Most Confusing Buccaneers of Caribbean Ever 9/18/2012

tobakett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobakett

Still awaiting shipping....I am fervently hoping for a Neato Pet vaccum....been begging and begging the fiance to get one but it's so far out of our budget it's not funny. (yay for grad student living :P )

On an awesome note, I am finally no longer sick!!!!!

I keep checking the site about 4 times a day to see if it's shipped....I'm totally going to make a video, even if my ugly mug breaks the camera lol

Buccaneers of Caribbean #1 9-18-2012 (1 of the the Honest 200)

owlhooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages owlhooter

Well shipping info on FedEx just updated. 4.8 lbs. 14.2 x 14.6 x 14. Usually its been pretty accurate at the first step for me. Should have it either tomorrow or Saturday since I'm in the Dallas area.

crg1400

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crg1400
owlhooter wrote:Well shipping info on FedEx just updated. 4.8 lbs. 14.2 x 14.6 x 14. Usually its been pretty accurate at the first step for me. Should have it either tomorrow or Saturday since I'm in the Dallas area.

Mine just updated too. Mine is the same size box, albeit only 4.2 lbs. Estimated delivery is 10/2

Greenie

billlehecka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billlehecka

3.4 lbs... Boo... Hopefully it's good stuff.

lupulin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lupulin

ooooh, 5.2lbs headed my way!

94XJ-R

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 94XJ-R

I'm still stuck at the 1lb placeholder. *goes to check again*

tobakett

Mine still says awaiting shipping. Hope the crap is plentiful for all!

nicolecno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolecno

is there a way to see who got a Buccaneers of Caribbean in what order? I know we were screwed over at first by the link, but they did say that they had a list of the first 200 people to access the custom link, thats how they offered us our sorry bags.... im curious to see just how fast i think i was the first time lol

Proud member of the Woot "Honest 200"

flightsimmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flightsimmer

8.5 Pounds for me! ETA - Wednesday (10/3)!

jpklein87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jpklein87

8.2 lbs on monday!

JMHSRV

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JMHSRV

waiting shipping.... this crap is killing me

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

I take it those who have shipping stats are a part of the "Honest 200" ?

exanthem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exanthem
impaul4 wrote:I take it those who have shipping stats are a part of the "Honest 200" ?

Well I'm one of the Honest 200 but I still have the 1 lb placeholder...and the suspense is driving me insane.

nicolecno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolecno
impaul4 wrote:I take it those who have shipping stats are a part of the "Honest 200" ?

I am Honest 200 also and I am still waiting with the 1 lb placeholder..... its driving me nuts to wait to find out!

Proud member of the Woot "Honest 200"

lupulin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lupulin

got mine the second day and tracked by reference.

tobakett

I'm one of the honest 200 and still awaiting shipping...don't even have a placeholder yet

ssuarez814

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssuarez814

I was able to track by reference number and i'm part of the 2nd day batch. Still just the 1lbs place holder though.

dubdubdub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub

Got weight and estimated delivery date for my package... 4.3lbs to be delivered on Oct 4th. After many hours of testing, I have determined that 4.3lbs is the exact weight of a medium box, 4 packets of Texas air, an eye patch, a velvet bag containing 30 doubloons, 3 cheap beach balls and a refurbished iPod touch minus the ear buds.

jonessoda17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonessoda17
tobakett wrote:I'm one of the honest 200 and still awaiting shipping...don't even have a placeholder yet

Just checking, but have you actually tracked by reference on FedEx.com? https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking
Use your order number as the reference number.

renrutnairbwoot

Still a placeholder for me. :-(

I wonder if FedEx notices a spike in requests on their site during the whole Bag of Crap process.

I got mine on day 2.

Ridewithme38

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ridewithme38

Mines 4.2lbs and due on 10/4 also...How do you guys find box dimensions?

barkwoot

quality posts: 172 Private Messages barkwoot

Haven't seen anyone post the immortal words of LEM concerning shipping yet...

LEM- wrote:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FedEx SmartPost primer for newcomers, and a reminder for the rest of Wooters (v. 1.6.1)

1. Before the tracking information shows up: Sometimes Woot is not e-mailing the tracking numbers until a few days after the packages are shipped. You can try and get the number by reference, by going to https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us and entering these three things: Your Woot order number goes to reference numbers box, select United States in destination country drop down, and Your Zip Code in a respective box. It's important to get all three pieces. Keep refreshing it, and if you're lucky, the tracking number will pop-up before the official e-mail comes. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but there's a good chance. Note, that if you've made multiple orders from Woot, you can enter several order numbers into the reference box, one per line.

1.1 A small tracking by reference tip: At first when you enter the tracking information your tracking page will be loaded by POST request. That means all data you entered is sent to server through internal fields. Each time you refresh you'd have to agree to repeat the POST operation, and you can't bookmark or transfer the link to another computer/smartphone/etc. However - if you press a purple RESUBMIT button below your results, it will change the request to GET, so that all information you entered will show up in a URL and you can now F5 it as many times as you want without further steps, make bookmarks or e-mail the link to self (or others).

1.2 If your weight shows as 1lb, it is most likely a placeholder, which will be replaced by more accurate weight once the package actually starts moving (or reaches a sorting station - see below). The dimensions will probably show as NA/NA/NA on those placeholder packages. Some people have reported packages showing as 1lb all the way until delivery, but turned out to be anything but, though there's always a slight chance that your package actually is a 1 pounder. So you never know.

1.3 To make it even more frustrating - the actual fact that you can track by reference, but if it shows as a 1lb with status Shipment information sent to FedEx does not yet mean the package actually shipped or even exists. All it means - a label which will eventually be attached to your package has been printed. It may be a few days before your beloved box will actually hit the road. Patience is the key here!

1.4 So how do we know for sure that BоC's are out? Keep looking through this thread, and you may spot a post by colonelcrap or occasionally by another Woot staff member (identified as such by a small icon next to their name), stating that all packages are shipped. Sometimes it will take FedEx a while before they show up or update, but once it's said here on the forum, you can be sure that they are out! Also keep an eye open for updates by colonelcrap and other staff members posts announcing the crаp status changes, possible shipping delays or otherwise!

1.5 Some wooters report being able to track, but not me! Am I screwed? No, you are not. The tracking numbers don't get into the system all at once. The track by reference starts working when FedEx receives your package info from Woot. They send them in batches, and if someone has a reference hit, does not mean everyone gets it at the same time. Sometimes it's days between batches are sent, and sometimes electronic info on some or all packages is not sent at all, which means not trackable by reference until it arrives (even if trackable by actual tracking number received from Woot). The actual tracking information (if you have tracking e-mail sent to you or it shows up on your order page) gets updated as the package is actually scanned at FedEx location. Provided that Woot ships them by truckload, it may not be instant at all, nor they will appear all at once. Sometimes it's not 'til the next day when you see it live, even if there are others that got scanned early in the game. Remember, if colonelcrap said that all packages are out - they are. It may take some time for them to go live, a day or two between first reported trackable package until the last one shows up in a system is not unusual...

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to): http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

3. Don't get too excited. For the first few days most people will probably have some sort of cubed dimensions. This is because in the beginning the dimensions are not real. They are guesstimated by FedEx based on weight (which may or may not be accurate). Here's the famous formula for you to check:

SIDE = ( 330 * WEIGHT ) ^ (1/3)
(side in inches, weight in lbs)

If it matches your dimensions to a few tenths of an inch - you know they are not real. That's for smaller packages. Those over 15lbs would always have the "dimensions" of a 15lbs package (or was it 16)... Again not real...

4. Once your package passed a sorting station - the updated weight and real dimensions may show up. Usually that's the first or second stop it makes after Dallas. In my case (North-East) in either Martinsburg, WV or at Kansas City, KS (I am yet to understand the logic SmartPost uses in sending the packages one route or the other), for many others it's New Berlin, WI or another major SmartPost hub. In some cases actual weighting/measuring may not take place even at the SECOND hub... or ever...

5. USPS Handoff: Once the package is reported to have passed a city near you - start tracking it on http://www.usps.com/, because that's who's delivering it to your door, and once the package is handed over by FedEx, they will have more up to date information. Do make sure that you track by actual tracking number (it will show up if you got a hit with reference tracking), because USPS does not track by reference. A thing to note - when handed over to USPS, FedEx always says a standard "allow 2-3 for business days for delivery". This is a standard message, and if your USPS facility is efficient enough, you may get it delivered as soon as the day of handoff (if it happened early enough).

5.1. USPS is not delivering for a few days after supposed handoff. Compliments go to the budget cuts and staff shortage at your local post office, as per a post by snaped, who claims to know the situation first hand: the pallets of SmartPost packages are handled at the lowest priority, after all other mail has been processed. So if your post office is a bit short on staff or overwhelmed with other mail (holiday seasons especially) it may well sit unsorted for a few days, after which their status is raised to priority and they finally get sorted and delivered. In my personal experience, I've seen them delivered the same day or as much as a full week late (that happened with non-woot package I was expecting around Christmas).

pimaster314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pimaster314

3.8 lbs estimated for 10/3... I'm one of the Honest 200

figment5000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages figment5000

Mine shows the standard 14x14x14 box at 3.5 lbs. Estimated to arrive on 10/2. Can not wait!!!

10/12/2006 Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD Player w/ HD Upconversion HDMI Out and DivX Playback
4/29/2006 Altec Lansing inMotion iMplus iPod Audio System
6/1/2007 Random Crap
6/20/2007 Jabra BT150 Bluetooth Headset
11/23/2007 iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot
12/7/2007 iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaning Robot with Scheduler

ashortfuse13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashortfuse13

Mine's 2.8 lbs, est date 10/3. Hope it's a great 2.8 lbs!!!

Brendanradabaugh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Brendanradabaugh

5.7 lbs/2.6 kg

Can't wait till Oct 2

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

2nd Map treasure on the way! 13.5 lbs, dimensions 14.6in x 14.2in x 14in. Many thanks to the Colonel and Woot Gods for getting this Crap out the door!

If you are so inclined, please update the Wootsack Tracker!

94XJ-R

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 94XJ-R

3.6lbs of crap due Oct 3!

renrutnairbwoot

5.4 lbs/2.5 kgs
14.6 in x 14.2 in x 14.2 in

Due: 10/4

2nd Map Crap

wasell

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wasell
figment5000 wrote:Mine shows the standard 14x14x14 box at 3.5 lbs. Estimated to arrive on 10/2. Can not wait!!!

Same here, except 10/4 delivery.
(Day 2)

krakinboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krakinboy

WAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Still have the 1lb placeholder. I wanna know it's on its way before I have to go to bed. (It'll keep me tossing and turning all night!)

tobakett

jonessoda17 wrote:Just checking, but have you actually tracked by reference on FedEx.com? https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking
Use your order number as the reference number.

I did not know that, thank you! (First Buccaneers of Caribbean for me ever!)

awww, only 3.6 lbs...no robot vacuum.....but it will be here by Oct 3rd so yay!

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

Got my update!!! 7.6 lbs coming my way!!!

jcadieux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcadieux

Still waiting for my crap to update. *twiddling thumbs*

exanthem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exanthem

Finally have an update and it looks like 4 lbs. Well there go my hopes for a Rolls Royce.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 12 Private Messages meandsecoya

For my first ever Buccaneers of Caribbean (and as one of the 'honest 200') I'm looking at a 5.2 lbs box. I'll be honest, I was secretly hoping for something a bit more substantial, but I'm just happy to finally be getting some crap. Even though I'm super close the Martinsburg, WV sorting station, I'm still looking at 10/2 for est. delivery.

PurplePawprints elsewhere

jesseroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jesseroo

9.6 lbs...ah, I'm pretty darned excited.

jonessoda17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonessoda17

14.0 lbs. Wow, that's more than I would have guessed. Delivery the 3rd :-D :-D!!