cheesed00dle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheesed00dle
PemberDucky wrote:tell you what:

if our crap crew won't give you an upgrade (which, i mean, it is crap, after all, so don't be too surprised), i will send you something very special.

useless, probably, but special, too.

Much appreciated! I got a response, though, and it's being taken care of. (though now I'm left wondering what useless special item you had in mind)

Cheech151337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cheech151337
Brendanradabaugh wrote:we are calling ourselves the Elite Pirates now?

I guess I'm responsible for coining that phrase, up until I posted the going vernacular was "dirty rotten cheater". I figured I'd try and put a little spin on it, I should become a politician

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

I got my package in the mail today. 3.4lbs. I got mine on day 2 of the Treasure Hunt. I must admit this was a rather sad crap, lol. Here we go:

lupulin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lupulin

Got my crap today and i must say i'm impressed.

1x High Peak Sleeping Bag (yay car naps at work :P)

1x Kodak Essentials USB Power Pack (love this! always a dead battery, never an outlet)

1x WOOT! Womens Small T-Shirt (wish it was even remotely my size)

1x Cheapo Duffel Bag (can always use another duffel)

1x Topsy-Turvy Tomato and Herb Planter (who doesn't like fresh tomatoes and herbs?)

Much better than my first crap. I can actually make use of all of the crap other than the shirt, which might fit on my head.

Had my hopes up for some pirate-themed crap, but I certainly can't complain.

Thx Crapbeard!!

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

The husband's 'cheaters' crap -

-1 WL AA Woot! shirt - green
-1 pair kids shorts
-1 pack straws
-1 pack $1 store reusable wipe/cloths
-1 kids backpack - CARS
-1 paper ? bag

crappy crap is crappy. I shall find a home for the kids stuff...

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
panthiest wrote:Did you check inside the styrofoam? I just looked in mine out of curiosity and that's where it was.

Yep, took the whole thing out and no handset. I see where it should have been in the styrofoam, but it wasn't. When I opened the box, I found the empty handset bag on the top. Oh well, that is why they call it crap.

DizMissLiz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DizMissLiz

Got my bag yesterday after a delay from my post office, but it was worth it! This Booty of Contraband was right up my alley. It was my first bag ever and I'm kind of sad it was so awesome. If it had sucked it would be easy to say "Ok, I got one, the thrill of the hunt is lost", but instead I'm addicted. I got:

-Women's green "Woot!" shirt, size large (my size!!!)
- Purple floral reusable grocery bag
- Purple 1L/34 oz/1.1 qt Lock 'n' Lock container
- Billy's Bootcamp Bands
- Therapearl hot/cold therapy gel pack
- Giraffe print knife set

tobakett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobakett
PemberDucky wrote:tell you what:

if our crap crew won't give you an upgrade (which, i mean, it is crap, after all, so don't be too surprised), i will send you something very special.

useless, probably, but special, too.

Lol, does that go for really cool broken crap too? I was so excited for the RC helicopter but then when I found it doesn't work I was kinda sad. Still will keep trying for more bags though....the excitement was fun.

Buccaneers of Caribbean #1 9-18-2012 (1 of the the Honest 200)

argent32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages argent32
tobakett wrote:Lol, does that go for really cool broken crap too? I was so excited for the RC helicopter but then when I found it doesn't work I was kinda sad. Still will keep trying for more bags though....the excitement was fun.

What seems to be wrong with your helicopter? I thought mine was broken at first too - but then I used the remote to charge it instead of the USB cord and after about 20 minutes I had it up and zipping around the office...

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

One of my better bags:

-Emerson 10x25 digital camera binoculars ($30)
-Kitchenaid stand mixer pasta roller attachment ($70ish)
-Something called a stab slab. It's some sort of knife block ($25)
-The ubiquitous Barry's Bootcamp exercise band ($unknown)
-Shirt (size small, useless)
-4 pack of Stanley tape measures, unopened (till I opened em) ($20)
-A string of USB powered LED Christmas lights ($5)
-Some Motorola adapter; no idea what it is
-and yet another bagpack of some sort that I'll throw away

nicolecno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolecno

I got my 3.5lbs box today! and I'm happy with it

I LOVE these and they are SUPER sharp

1x Woot shirt - perfect fit for me

1x Callaway Golf mens shirt (L) ($40) http://shop.pgatoursuperstore.com/wear/chev-embossed/shirt/callaway/p_pd-1020467.aspx?opt=aaf&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=feed&utm_term=Chev-Embossed&utm_campaign=gglbase-pgatss

1x Flu Kit

1x Black duffle bag

1x Barrys Bootcamp band

1x Giraffe Knife set ($80) http://www.sears.com/kuhn-rikon-animal-print-giraffe-3-piece-cutlery/p-SPM6265137308

Not so bad for my first Woot purchase ever.
Just glad I didn't get a crappy pillow or a pack of straws and writing pads.

Proud member of the Woot "Honest 200"

dustandflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustandflower

This is one happy little pirate!! Awesome Buccaneers of Caribbean Thanks Woot!

14.5 lb Box contained:

1x Snapware glassware set (Thank goodness it didn't break!)

1x Berry's Bootcamp bands

1x Kodak battery recharger

1x Klip It Bakery container & measuring cup

1x Dufflebag

(child not included )

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Got mine today! Yay!

Let's see...

-Small green Woot! shirt. (Not for a few decades)
-Green Youth Large gym shorts. (Ditto. I'll ask the neighbor with kids)
-VioLight Sonic toothbrush (Dok-Torr! Dok-Torrrr!)
-Lunar MTV-branded headphones, in lavender. (My ears won't care what color they are)
-And the obligatory Bag: a nice little black gym bag.

Thank you Woot!

Meow

Go Squarryls!

tobakett

argent32 wrote:What seems to be wrong with your helicopter? I thought mine was broken at first too - but then I used the remote to charge it instead of the USB cord and after about 20 minutes I had it up and zipping around the office...

The transmitter (the part that plug into you iphone, ipod touch, ipad, or android) doesn't charge. I triple read the engrish instruction manual (no that was not a typo, it's kinda funny) and even looked up about a dozen youtube videos and tried downloading several variations of the app on both my ipod touch and my android phone. The videos show that the transmitter is supposed to light up once it connects to the helicopter and while charging and neither happen. The instruction manual also says the charger should start blinking while charging and it doesn't.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

cheesed00dle wrote:Much appreciated! I got a response, though, and it's being taken care of. (though now I'm left wondering what useless special item you had in mind)

this:

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky

Staff

tobakett wrote:Lol, does that go for really cool broken crap too? I was so excited for the RC helicopter but then when I found it doesn't work I was kinda sad. Still will keep trying for more bags though....the excitement was fun.

:/
alas. that does happen sometimes.
you may have the special useless cat, if you like. i hope you don't cherish your upholstery.

PemberDucky

Staff

dustandflower wrote:This is one happy little pirate!! Awesome Buccaneers of Caribbean Thanks Woot!

aaah so cute!!!!

tobakett

PemberDucky wrote::/
alas. that does happen sometimes.
you may have the special useless cat, if you like. i hope you don't cherish your upholstery.

Lol, I already have two of those, in fact two very angry ones since I am fostering some orphan kittens in the back bedroom who they mistakenly think are new housemates.

djhannu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djhannu
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Any chance you opened up your iRetrofone box? I just opened my Bag of Crap and got the same thing. However, I opened my iRetrofone and am missing the handset.

Mine came with the handset. Haven't tested it yet.

PemberDucky

Staff

tobakett wrote:Lol, I already have two of those, in fact two very angry ones since I am fostering some orphan kittens in the back bedroom who they mistakenly think are new housemates.

okay, yeah, you're prolly maxed out then.
(good on you for fostering!!)

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman
PemberDucky wrote:this:

Bacon lollipops were missing from my Buccaneers of Caribbean I'm sure they were supposed to be there. ;) Plz send useless kitty to my house as recompense.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

PemberDucky

Staff

abitterwoman wrote:Bacon lollipops were missing from my Buccaneers of Caribbean I'm sure they were supposed to be there. ;) Plz send useless kitty to my house as recompense.

shredded box o'fury on its way to you!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dustandflower wrote:This is one happy little pirate!! Awesome Buccaneers of Caribbean Thanks Woot!

Woot boxes - not just for cats.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Yep, took the whole thing out and no handset. I see where it should have been in the styrofoam, but it wasn't. When I opened the box, I found the empty handset bag on the top. Oh well, that is why they call it crap.

See, you get it. You totally get it!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

So, who's got some great craft ideas for bendy straws?

ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:So, who's got some great craft ideas for bendy straws?

My 22 year old son still likes bendy straws in his drink glasses. LOL

FORUM MODERATOR

susanrm

quality posts: 15 Private Messages susanrm
thumperchick wrote:So, who's got some great craft ideas for bendy straws?

I saw a great use for them (any straws) at the Maker Faire. Cut a rectangle of cheese, SPAM, hot dog, or any other similar thingy, LEGO-brick size. Put a straw into the bottom of it (not all the way through) and pull it out. You will have cut a little cylinder. Stick this on the top. Do it again, and you have a little food LEGO brick. Now go make something yummy! (Works with clay too, if you wish, but don't eat that.)

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012 x2

susanrm

quality posts: 15 Private Messages susanrm
tobakett wrote:Lol, I already have two of those, in fact two very angry ones since I am fostering some orphan kittens in the back bedroom who they mistakenly think are new housemates.

The "foster" kitten I picked up this summer is still here and has made herself part of the family. The elder cat is not pleased. The dog is getting used to it, and she and the kitten sometimes play.

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012 x2

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

Replacement Crap arrived today - 3.5lbs of nothing breakable! The booty;

1x Gwens Nest Purple Bag with Flower
1x Barry's Bootcap Booty Bands
1x Unidentifiable Rubber Bands (replacements for some kind of exercise gear, I suppose)
1x Woot Flying Monkey with Tiger Strip Cape (Yay!)
2x T-Shirts, Men's XL (One Brown, One Yellow)
6x Bags of Texas Air

and......

1x Nyrius NiC709 Media Fusion TV Dock for iPod! (The kids are using it right now!)

Once again, thanks to everyone at Woot! You all take customer service to a new level and it is appreciated!

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
mlsapack wrote:Replacement Crap arrived today - 3.5lbs of nothing breakable! The booty;

1x Gwens Nest Purple Bag with Flower
1x Barry's Bootcap Booty Bands
1x Unidentifiable Rubber Bands (replacements for some kind of exercise gear, I suppose)
1x Woot Flying Monkey with Tiger Strip Cape (Yay!)
2x T-Shirts, Men's XL (One Brown, One Yellow)
6x Bags of Texas Air

and......

1x Nyrius NiC709 Media Fusion TV Dock for iPod! (The kids are using it right now!)

Once again, thanks to everyone at Woot! You all take customer service to a new level and it is appreciated!

Wow, you got a hooded monkey. Not that crappy impostor with the mask and the plastic nose.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

dachshund51288

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dachshund51288
dachshund51288 wrote:6.3lbs of crapbeardsorry crap expected on October 3rd

Finally got to open mine, was delivered on October 2nd.

2x Barry Bootcamp Booty Bands
4 AA iGo Green Rechargeable Batteries
1x Green WOOT! Shirt. Women's size L? L was in script, so I assume Women's.
1x Black Duffel Bag
1x Toss Across Splash Game. Pieces just thrown in the box with directions, not sure if all the pieces are there or not.
1x Sony Tablet Cradle (I think, no box)

sorry, no pictures :-(

caroltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroltz

Came home from vacation on Saturday and my Big ol' Candy had been delivered. My very large box contained the following:
(1) black nylon duffle bag
(1) Teva shoes (size 6, brand new) (Too bad I wear size 10)
(1) Green "Woot!" t-shirt, size Large
(1) Barry's bootcamp booty band
(1) 3-pack mini writing pads
(1) 4-pack rechargeable AA batteries and charger.

Overall, not a bad Big ol' Candy Now, does anyone want to trade my new Tevas for something else????

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

JMHSRV

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JMHSRV

Arrrrrrrr!! Got me booty.. Not anywhere near what other pirates unearthed..

Size Small Woot Shirt
JVC CD ROM for some unknown product (color matches the woot shirt)
A plastic bag tied in a knot with what appears to be two old dresser drawer knobs, a spring, and a sealed bag of parts for a heater or something.. True crap through and through..

JMHSRV

dpcollects wrote:I got my package in the mail today. 3.4lbs. I got mine on day 2 of the Treasure Hunt. I must admit this was a rather sad crap, lol. Here we go:

I would have been thrilled to receive what you got.. posted my treasure below.. Arrrrrrrrr...

JMHSRV

ThunderThighs wrote:See, you get it. You totally get it!

Has anyone reported missing any parts, I think thats what my box was comprised of.. other folks missing parts.

PemberDucky

Staff

JMHSRV wrote:Has anyone reported missing any parts, I think thats what my box was comprised of.. other folks missing parts.

i think that's what my body is comprised of.

n2f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n2f

I kept meaning to post what I got, but kept forgetting to. Oops. Mine was almost identical to this:

sheetz wrote:Received my 7 pound crap yesterday, from the second day of treasure.

1 - small woman's woot! tee
1 - ? bag
2 - Barry's Boot Camp Bands
1 - 4 piece set of wine glasses
1 - houdini wine accessory kit

Except instead of the wine accessory kit, I had a Learning Resources Gears Gears Gears Crazy Creatures, which will probably wind up going to my nephew. Mine was 8.2 lbs. Not a bad bag, overall.

JMHSRV

PemberDucky wrote:i think that's what my body is comprised of.

Springs, knobs and screws.. hmmmm..

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack
JMHSRV wrote:Arrrrrrrr!! Got me booty.. Not anywhere near what other pirates unearthed..

Size Small Woot Shirt
JVC CD ROM for some unknown product (color matches the woot shirt)
A plastic bag tied in a knot with what appears to be two old dresser drawer knobs, a spring, and a sealed bag of parts for a heater or something.. True crap through and through..

Well, the spring is from a screen door to keep it from opening too far, and it looks like someone else also wanted to know what the bag of parts was: Linky

JMHSRV

mlsapack wrote:Well, the spring is from a screen door to keep it from opening too far, and it looks like someone else also wanted to know what the bag of parts was: Linky

Um thanks I think. Wish I had a screen door.. Did anyone else get one? Or a refrigerator.. 8-/