0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LG 47" 1080p LED HDTV
$499.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

nodnetni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nodnetni

Hey there is no map piece but it says treasure.

"Treasure Island"

mroper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mroper

Nice try woot throwing in the word in not in caps

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
nodnetni wrote:Hey there is no map piece but it says treasure.

"Treasure Island"

Let's put all the treasure discussion this way if we can, to keep product discussion from getting entirely derailed. (Super appreciated!)

I'm just hanging out, really.

stevo89519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevo89519
nodnetni wrote:Hey there is no map piece but it says treasure.

It only says Treasure, not -TREASURE-. It's small and unexciting, you wouldn't want it anyway.

edit: sorry inky, no more treasure talk from me!

Shiori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiori

This is the 47" version of my TV, although without SmartTV - I've got a 42LV5500, which has SmartTV and a magic remote; otherwise, same thing. The picture quality really can't be beat (or at least it couldn't when I bought it last year).

Cyclones92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cyclones92

Is this a pretty good TV? I am looking to get a 47" or 50".

Total Woots: 41
Total Woot Wage: $1878.00

ryanpblyth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanpblyth

Great price for a nice TV. LG is quality.

El Marko

quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko

I've bought several brands of flat screen TVs and nothing has matched the LG. Don't have this size, but LG is now my first choice for TVs. Incredible images, clear, sharp, great color. No complaints at all.

ryanpblyth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanpblyth
Cyclones92 wrote:Is this a pretty good TV? I am looking to get a 47" or 50".

Do it!

wootutd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootutd

I would definitely be all over this if it were not for the fact that I need a new car more than I need a new TV.

fierytresses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fierytresses

map piece

gkmunch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gkmunch

Waiting for a 55" to show up!

jlbuckridge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlbuckridge

So, SO tempting... Trying to remind myself that I have a perfectly good TV. What? The lines go away after it warms up...

l36suds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l36suds

Tomatoes took soooooo long....vacuum was ridiculous amount of time..back and forth percentage wise....how long will this one take....sheesh

N. Ellen

Cyclones92

Well, I bought one. Reviews looked good enough. Time to put my 27" boob tube in the bedroom now.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

This tv is a TREASURE to own. hehe.

kggoodman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kggoodman

An inexpensive 47 inch for the 47% who can't afford more!

jandrese

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jandrese

Interesting, according to the silkscreening on the picture, the HDMI inputs on the back also support DVI, but that isn't listed in the specs. Does it actually work on this TV?

jrmaurstad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrmaurstad
jandrese wrote:Interesting, according to the silkscreening on the picture, the HDMI inputs on the back also support DVI, but that isn't listed in the specs. Does it actually work on this TV?

There is 3 ports if it's like the 42" I have. The DVI is a conversion cable you need that has DVI on one side and HDMI on the other, so the ports work for both

Shiori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiori
jandrese wrote:Interesting, according to the silkscreening on the picture, the HDMI inputs on the back also support DVI, but that isn't listed in the specs. Does it actually work on this TV?

The HDMI doesn't do DVI, there's actually a PC input, with a DVI-D slot accompanied by an auxiliary jack.

EDIT: Nevermind, the PC input does RGB, jrmaurstad's got it right.

jdinnis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jdinnis

Anyone know if this unit supports return audio channel over HDMI? I found the LG web site with feature list, but it is not mentioned.

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-47LV4400-led-tv

keeleyt83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keeleyt83

jlbuckridge

keeleyt83 wrote:These guys did not like this TV:

http://www.televisioninfo.com/content/LG-47LV4400-LED-LCD-HDTV-Review/Conclusion.htm

Thank goodness - I was hoping someone would post a bad review to stop me from clicking that giant BUY NOW button...

cpaden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cpaden

All of the LG's I've looked at in stores had a glossy coating... and it looked very uneven... almost like the "orange peel" effect in a bad paint job...

Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Hi-Sense, Element, Sanyo... non of them had this weird uneven coating.

I'd be in for one to upgrade the old Olevia in my bedroom... but I cant get past the weird glossy finish

Cyclones92

jlbuckridge wrote:Thank goodness - I was hoping someone would post a bad review to stop me from clicking that giant BUY NOW button...

lol...out of all the good reviews comes that 1 bad review. I like refurbs over new items because it's cheaper, and normally a defect is normally fixed before sold again. I have a refurb mp3 player that has lasted forever and a day...and still going great!!

samsarmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samsarmy
kggoodman wrote:An inexpensive 47 inch for the 47% who can't afford more!

Well said!

I bought one of these refurbished a month ago. So far, so good!

Cyclones92

samsarmy wrote:Well said!

I bought one of these refurbished a month ago. So far, so good!

Do you like it? Do you think you would buy it again if you had the chance...like today? ;)

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog

LG= Lotsa Garbage.

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MFFD5Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d6_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1XBWYR5MRC3DHM1W25TS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

I purchased this television after first having had a look at the comparable 47" passive 3D LG TV (Model: LG Infinia 47LW6500 47 Cinema 3D 1080p 240 Hz LED-LCD HDTV) which - overall - did not impress me as much as I expected based on the opinions of certain "overly enthusiastic" members of the "LG True Believers Club" here on Amazon.com who are apparently experiencing something akin to an "ersatz orgasm" as they continue to post monotonously uncritical, "over-the-top", positive reviews about this set.

"How many ways can I say wonderful and amazing? Oh dearest LG, let me count the ways!" I think that some of these people must be "paid or unpaid shills" intentionally getting the "good word" out for LG on the Internet.

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked

jlbuckridge

Cyclones92 wrote:lol...out of all the good reviews comes that 1 bad review. I like refurbs over new items because it's cheaper, and normally a defect is normally fixed before sold again. I have a refurb mp3 player that has lasted forever and a day...and still going great!!

I know, that was the problem! I just needed one bad one to get me to remind me that I shouldn't be spending that kind of money right now...

cgoudie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cgoudie

For better or worse, I ordered one to replace the same model I ordered a few weeks ago on woot that showed up broken.

In my previous emails with woot support, they said no more were available, so they would have to refund me.

I'm glad to see this again. I really wanted a replacement.

Hey woot staff. Any chance you can get these better packaged?

midnightsfx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnightsfx

I bought this after some decent review scrutinization, but it was DOA looked like a bad TN Panel. Packing was great, Woot is awesome as usual. Working on RMA.