darthemerald

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darthemerald
dustandflower wrote:So, all you crap plundering wooters of years past, what kinds of things are usually in the booty bag? I hope it is worth the 8 bucks!

I got one during the april fools Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s last year. It had I think 4 or 5 reusable grocery bags (made nice bags for xmas gifts), a snowman statue with a little 3" screen for digital pictures, 5 or 6 headphone splitters, 3 or 4 earmuffs that wrap around the back of your head, and some of the cedar planks for grilling meat/seafood on. Gave almost all of it away, made some awesome weird gifts.

pale0and

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pale0and
IceWoot wrote:Here, too....please.

It sent me to the sold out page...

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
IceWoot wrote:Here, too....please.

I just got a popup asking me to sign in again please for security purposes...then was booted to the page with SOLD OUT.

*sigh* Oh well, was slightly fun.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG

Just got kicked out of the waiting room and into the Sold Out Room. Ah, well.

freevortex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freevortex

Just got booted out of the waiting room after having to reenter my login info for some reason. Ah, well.

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
CathyInNH wrote:could you PM me the url.... i don't see what I typed wrong!!

I'm betting everyone did the same thing: you knew where you needed letters, and you knew where they'd be on the puzzle piece. We all put the SV together in the first blank, when the V has to go after the W. I saw that the failure goes into the url, so I edited it in a notepad doc, then copy/pasted into IE. When I got to the page, it was still showing as available (I did not hit purchase, because I got an apology bag, I just wanted to play along). I'm guessing if I'd continued, I would have gotten the waiting room.

This is only my 2nd bag in over 4 years. My other bag had an Andre the Giant action figure, a small camera bag, a broken remote helecopter, and a cool double-secret pcmcia card/sd storage hidey thing. It fit in the laptops pcmcia slot (do laptops still have those?) and held two SD cards.

Where's the crap?

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch
vbee wrote:Has anyone who ended up in the antechamber of doom gotten to checkout? I am still waiting.

I was for a while, just popped into Sold Out....G'night all!

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

vbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbee

I'm still in the waiting room.

kcostell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kcostell

Woot's just leaving me dangled at the end of their hook.

C'mon Woot, either let me on the ship or push me off the plank!

IceWoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IceWoot

I would rather be sent to the sold out page than stuck here clicking "allow" since Firefox is blocking the page from auto-reloading and I can't find the option to change it....

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl
vbee wrote:I'm still in the waiting room.

me too... blah

cyclops829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829

Well, finally off to bed for me!

Night all, thanks for the fun times.

ecec123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecec123
vbee wrote:I'm still in the waiting room.

me too. i don't know how long to wait.

yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087

just got kicked to sold out page. once again, congrats to everyone who got it, especially you crap virgins. good night everyone!

dustandflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustandflower
darthemerald wrote:I got one during the april fools Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s last year. It had I think 4 or 5 reusable grocery bags (made nice bags for xmas gifts), a snowman statue with a little 3" screen for digital pictures, 5 or 6 headphone splitters, 3 or 4 earmuffs that wrap around the back of your head, and some of the cedar planks for grilling meat/seafood on. Gave almost all of it away, made some awesome weird gifts.

Good to know Maybe I'll get something crazy I can give away at the Christmas White Elephant exchange... those things are so hard to buy for...

vbee

Still waiting. I'm staying until I get kicked out or the next item comes up.

BelyndaG

Well, I got kicked out, but my daughter is still in the waiting room. Hmmm.

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl

Speaking of Buccaneers of Caribbean i have to take one... a crap that is... but I can't take one in the waiting room. That would be rude.

IceWoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IceWoot

Been at it for over 15 minutes now..... I wanna kill someone now....rawr!

Maybe I can shower and come back?

capnshiner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capnshiner

I stalked the Woot-off all day as well as the thread on Slickdeals trying to figure out all the letters from the map. I thought I had it all figured out and periodically tried to browse to the URL to see if it was live. At the second to last piece of the map, I realized I needed to add the V and then kept trying the URL. As soon as the last piece was revealed, I tried the URL and it failed. Then my Wootalyzer alert popped up and I clicked on that and got into the waiting room. Then I realized I missed the P at the end of the URL. I tried the URL and saw that it was sold out. I was so close but that one little mistake ruined it. I know it's all over but I am leaving the waiting room open, just in case. At least until there is new item to replace that cheesy pirate gun lighter.

P.S. That lighter has been sold out for a while and still no new item. I think the Buccaneers of Caribbean broke Woot! or they were not expecting it to sell out before midnight. I find it amusing.

vbee

I finally got redirected to the sold out page. Goodnight all.

dustandflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustandflower

Well, Thanks all for the chitchat, This forum was definitely nicer than the last! I'm sad that more of us did not get crap...and I promise you that if this Buccaneers of Caribbean turns out to truly be crap, I will donate it back to the other forum because they truly deserve it ;)

G'night fellow Pirates!!

missjbean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missjbean

Dang, after an hour I finally got redirected to teh sold out page. Shakey fist at typos!!!
:D

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

*wanders back in*

Hmm.. looks like I was correct on two of my guesses, but the 'virgin' part threw it. Ah well.

*gives hot cocoa to them as needs it*

Thanks again, Woot, for an awesome time. Much fun had.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

cyclops829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
RobinBobcat wrote:*wanders back in*

Hmm.. looks like I was correct on two of my guesses, but the 'virgin' part threw it. Ah well.

*gives hot cocoa to them as needs it*

Thanks again, Woot, for an awesome time. Much fun had.

Your Bobcat-licked Object Container is safe, I got's mah own.

aknox077

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aknox077

Just got the pieces together this morning at work. I can't believe it sold out already!
What a disappointment. How about giving people who have to be up at 6am a shot for a change?

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
aknox077 wrote:Just got the pieces together this morning at work. I can't believe it sold out already!
What a disappointment. How about giving people who have to be up at 6am a shot for a change?

I stayed up and successfully ordered a Bag of Crap last night and I have to get up at 4:45 AM. I just plan on drinking extra coffee today!

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

Is there any way one of the staff members could post the quantity sold for Wednesday's Bag of Crap?

It sold out really quick. I also noticed from the sales stats that about a dozen states didn't get any Bags. I am guessing the quantity was low.

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

Since I don't think there is an actual blog post for those who were lucky enough to buy a Buccaneers of Caribbean.. I will once again post a video on youtube @dpcollectsBOC opening my awesomeness for the world to see n'at!

BelyndaG

Just wanted to add one more note. My daughter remained in the waiting room past midnight here (Woot time zone) so she finally gave up and went to bed, leaving her computer up. When she checked this morning it was showing the "confirm your login" page, although she had just done that before the Buccaneers of Caribbean came up. Naturally they were sold out when she logged through. Now she is beating herself up for not staying awake a few more hours "just in case." After reading some of your posts, I suspect that she would have found them sold out even if she had been up to enter her password again. Hopefully this will make her feel better.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Yeah.. the Antechamber of Doom seems to be the downfall of many a prospective bagger.

I wonder if it's persistant - can you dodge it by buying something during the woot-off prior? Would make the cheap stuff like monkeys and 99-cent earphones a valuable tool to those who want an edge against the bots...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

kathleen1966

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathleen1966

Are you telling me I just printed out all these map pieces for nothing?

Kathleen