BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL
Deathface wrote:I am super confused about this whole thing....

How many treasures have been found today? Is it worth it to even start , this late in the game?

Does each item have a treasure piece or only some?

Sorry for being a buccaneer...thanks!!

There have been 5 pieces so far for today, as of 2:30 p.m. eastern.

Go to the BLOG and go back to the first item for today. In the blog click on the photo and it will bring up the original photos for that item. If there is a map piece, it will be the last photo. Once you print the photo, then hit the back button and go to the next item in the blog. Do this until you have all 5 pieces.

Cut out the pieces and tape them together. Once you have all the pieces the url to find the Bag of Carp will be woot.com/abcd where abcd = all of the Capital Letters of each stop along the map.

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

I have 5 pieces currently.

I'm not sure the first piece, but it was last shortly after 10pm. (err midnight depending on where you were.)

~Zara

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

stevo89519 wrote:I don't think you want to do that trade... 'HAD a butterscotch pudding.'

value added, my friend.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

BTW, The Long John Silvers seafood restaurant chain is offering a FREE piece of fish today, in honor of Talk Like A Pirate Day.

dustandflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustandflower
Deathface wrote:I am super confused about this whole thing....

How many treasures have been found today? Is it worth it to even start , this late in the game?

Does each item have a treasure piece or only some?

Sorry for being a buccaneer...thanks!!

Not too late to start; 5 maps pieces found; not every item has a map piece. We only have about 1/2 the map so far.

Don't worry, it takes us all a while to get some salt behind our ears and to master the perfect peg leg gimp...

cyclops829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
skinnychick810 wrote:So far, we're kickin' it at 5 pieces. And I, personally, am doing it old school with scissors and tape. It's more fun that way!

Pffft, old school.

I am using a piece of slightly sharp flint and termite spit

skinnychick810

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinnychick810
BigRedDogATL wrote:BTW, The Long John Silvers seafood restaurant chain is offering a FREE piece of fish today, in honor of Talk Like A Pirate Day.

If you live near a Krispie Kreme, you can get a free donut if you talk like a pirate or a free dozen donuts if you're dressed like a pirate.

cyclops829

mwolfatwork wrote:inkycatz be flying the flag of a privateer, not a ruthless pirate king.

the better to sneak up on unsuspecting merchants

cyclops829

skinnychick810 wrote:If you live near a Krispie Kreme, you can get a free donut if you talk like a pirate or a free dozen donuts if you're dressed like a pirate.

or a free Krispie Kreme franchise if you ARE a pirate (some plundering required, batteries charged separately)

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
cyclops829 wrote:Pffft, old school.

I am using a piece of slightly sharp flint and termite spit

I'm drawing the map on the wall of my man-cave.

aguaskier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aguaskier

And now there are 6

cyclops829

Six pieces now!

dustandflower

skinnychick810 wrote:If you live near a Krispie Kreme, you can get a free donut if you talk like a pirate or a free dozen donuts if you're dressed like a pirate.

D*mn! It's tough trying to be a pirate in Wyoming; no water for me ship (though there be plenty of wind for me sails),no booty to fill me cargo hold but for some crusted cow pies, and now I can't even get me hook into a bleedin' Krispy Kreme donut for the closest store is across the western border. I be marooned!

rjanecek2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjanecek2

I hate it when the piece doesn't fit the puzzle yet!

skinnychick810

I'm excited about the new piece, but I'm ticked that I missed those earbuds!!! I had to go down and get the mail for my office.

Stupid work... *grumble grumble*

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta
PemberDucky wrote:i'll trade you a cookie for your butterscotch pudding.

I do have 4 more of each flavor here at my desk :-)

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

dwm1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwm1225
skinnychick810 wrote:I'm excited about the new piece, but I'm ticked that I missed those earbuds!!! I had to go down and get the mail for my office.

Stupid work... *grumble grumble*

You did tell them there was a woot-off going on, right? You may need to talk with your superiors about where their priorities lay.

cyclops829

hooray for only one tv

stevo89519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevo89519

do we know if they sent the emails to the 200 people about Treasure #1?

arb2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arb2

Still 6, right??
Any guess as to when the whole thing will come through? I.e., is the last piece likely to be close to the end of the woot day? I'm going to have to stop obsessively looking at around 5 (Pacific), so if I'm not likely to get the whole thing I'll probably stop putting in the time now.

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

Being from Montana doesn't stop Grant from wanting to be a pirate:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=O5ndb3NopKU

nor the last pirate of Saskatchewan!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DuGGNsE3_8Y

dustandflower wrote:D*mn! It's tough trying to be a pirate in Wyoming; no water for me ship (though there be plenty of wind for me sails),no booty to fill me cargo hold but for some crusted cow pies, and now I can't even get me hook into a bleedin' Krispy Kreme donut for the closest store is across the western border. I be marooned!

skinnychick810

Arrrr from Dallas/Mesquite to all my Texas mateys!!!

MsWillis5 - Denton
Rehta - Arlington
TapatioUSA - Fort Worth
freevortex - College Station
cyclops829 - Austin
monkeyale - Fort Worth
bdudley - San Antonio
mdrcoast - Houston
Scott34 - Grapevine
zxinfinity - Dallas
ntrace - Dallas
Jewdave - Dallas/Plano

aguaskier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aguaskier
skinnychick810 wrote:Arrrr from Dallas/Mesquite to all my Texas mateys!!!

MsWillis5 - Denton
Rehta - Arlington
TapatioUSA - Fort Worth
freevortex - College Station
cyclops829 - Austin
monkeyale - Fort Worth
bdudley - San Antonio
mdrcoast - Houston
Scott34 - Grapevine
zxinfinity - Dallas
ntrace - Dallas
Jewdave - Dallas/Plano

Now tell the truth, each and every one of you moved to TX to have quicker Woot response times, right?

dustandflower

ebam wrote:Being from Montana doesn't stop Grant from wanting to be a pirate:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=O5ndb3NopKU

nor the last pirate of Saskatchewan!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DuGGNsE3_8Y

Hmmmm... come to think of it plundering Yellowstone tourists doesn't sound too bad; there be plenty loot within their rubber wheeled carriages. How to go about plundering? We look a wee bit out of place on horseback, and me hook doesn't seem like it will work too well while steering a river raft. Besides I have enough WYOMING T-shirts and stuffed buffalo plush toys to bust the cargo braces and what else would the buccaneer masses be carrying of value around here?

skinnychick810

aguaskier wrote:Now tell the truth, each and every one of you moved to TX to have quicker Woot response times, right?

No, but I was stoked when I realized how much faster my shirt.woot t-shirts ship when I moved here from Atlanta. LOL

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

hantavirus?

dustandflower wrote:Hmmmm... come to think of it plundering Yellowstone tourists doesn't sound too bad; there be plenty loot within their rubber wheeled carriages. How to go about plundering? We look a wee bit out of place on horseback, and me hook doesn't seem like it will work too well while steering a river raft. Besides I have enough WYOMING T-shirts and stuffed buffalo plush toys to bust the cargo braces and what else would the buccaneer masses be carrying of value around here?

cyclops829

aguaskier wrote:Now tell the truth, each and every one of you moved to TX to have quicker Woot response times, right?

nonsense *shifty eyes* don't tell the better half

dustandflower

ebam wrote:hantavirus?

If you only knew how true a statement that be...

dustandflower

Dear Lord, did you see how fast that bacon sold out??

skinnychick810

dustandflower wrote:Dear Lord, did you see how fast that bacon sold out??

There was probably only a couple left over from orders cancelled from yesterday.

cyclops829

until you posted that I had not even realized there was bacon, and I have been fairly continuously f5-ing

friedbanana

quality posts: 2 Private Messages friedbanana

Here's my dog wearing my cat's pirate costume, holding an extremely crappy lotto ticket. Fingers crossed I'll have more luck with this treasure hunt.

cyclops829

friedbanana wrote:Here's my dog wearing my cat's pirate costume, holding an extremely crappy lotto ticket. Fingers crossed I'll have more luck with this treasure hunt.

your dog is either awesomely tolerant or else drugged/drunk.

skinnychick810

friedbanana wrote:Here's my dog wearing my cat's pirate costume, holding an extremely crappy lotto ticket. Fingers crossed I'll have more luck with this treasure hunt.

SOOOOO CCCUUTTEEE!!! And I think your odds are probably better (and less annoying) with the scratch off.

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ

I'm having to guess that the bacon you're referring to isn't related to the map that we haven't gotten all the pieces to yet.

skinnychick810

OiXYZ wrote:I'm having to guess that the bacon you're referring to isn't related to the map that we haven't gotten all the pieces to yet.

No, we're talking about actual physical tangible bacon that was one of the items sold during the woot-off. LOL

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ
skinnychick810 wrote:No, we're talking about actual physical tangible bacon that was one of the items sold during the woot-off. LOL

OH yes, that bacon!

skinnychick810

I like our happy little group over here.

But just for S&G, watching the posts on the other main discussion board is almost as amusing as putting the map pieces together. LMAO

...please pass the popcorn... OR COOKIES...

cyclops829

skinnychick810 wrote:I like our happy little group over here.

But just for S&G, watching the posts on the other main discussion board is almost as amusing as putting the map pieces together. LMAO

...please pass the popcorn... OR COOKIES...

or the RUM!

freevortex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freevortex

Wow, that orgo test was hard. Pass the grog, me hearties!