vandalsblj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vandalsblj

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but here is yesterday's completed map courtesy for the WOOT facebook page.

Woot! on Facebook wrote:

Arrr, if ye'd like, in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day, tell us your drink of choice and we'll all work to give ye a name more suitin' for a pirate!

In other pirate-y business, here be the completed map from yesterday if ya didn't get a chance to see it:

cyclops829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829
ThunderThighs wrote:Ahoy Mateys. We are back on the poop deck to report back to you as promised. As you know, we were overwhelmed by the overwhelming demand for Buccaneers of Caribbean treasure through the Crapbeard puzzle. As the last pieces of the puzzle were being revealed, the action came fast and furious.

153 of our crafty buccaneers figured out the answer early and we're going to honor their orders for a Buccaneers of Caribbean After scouring the list and checking it four times, we have also identified the first 200 buccaneers to visit the secret URL after the last piece of the puzzle was revealed. We're going to give those folks a chance to buy a Buccaneers of Caribbean too. We'll be emailing them with further instructions.

Thanks, everybody, for riding out this chaos with us. We're going full sail with today's Crapbeard treasure hunt. We are hard at work behind the scenes to make sure that today's sale forges forward with clear skies and a scheduled time for docking in the port.

for those who have given up on the other thread

me4sweetd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages me4sweetd

arrrrrgggg! Ye found the way to the secret forum!

freevortex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freevortex
cyclops829 wrote:for those who have given up on the other thread

Thanks for the update, Cyclops!

skinnychick810

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinnychick810
cyclops829 wrote:for those who have given up on the other thread

Call me petty, but I think it would hysterical if they sent all the major complainers on the forums something really crappy for B-a-g O' C-r-a-p. Voicing your frustration and requesting a resolution is one thing, but being an outright d-bag is another.

vandalsblj

So TT what happens tonight? What happens if someone figures it out again?

EDIT: Sorry Wrong Thread

cyclops829

skinnychick810 wrote:Call me petty, but I think it would hysterical if they sent all the major complainers on the forums something really crappy for B-a-g O' C-r-a-p. Voicing your frustration and requesting a resolution is one thing, but being an outright d-bag is another.

nah, just make sure that they include some of that lube they had up a while ago labeled "for all the butthurt"

skinnychick810

vandalsblj wrote:So TT what happens tonight? What happens if someone figures it out again?

She's not in this thread. I think you have to ask that back in the main forum.

vandalsblj

skinnychick810 wrote:She's not in this thread. I think you have to ask that back in the main forum.

Yep I caught that right after clicking post.

dustandflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustandflower

I'm feeling like it is time for more -TREASURE-! I need another map piece soon so I can unglue myself from the screen for a while!

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Arrr.. I be notin' that Crabpeard's clock be set at 7:45 today.. signifigant?

Meow

Go Squarryls!

skinnychick810

RobinBobcat wrote:Arrr.. I be notin' that Crabpeard's clock be set at 7:45 today.. signifigant?

I, personally, don't think so. Only because the time on his clock yesterday didn't hold anything relevant that I noticed.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

skinnychick810 wrote:She's not in this thread. I think you have to ask that back in the main forum.

nonsense.
she's everywhere, at all times.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

me4sweetd

RobinBobcat wrote:Arrr.. I be notin' that Crabpeard's clock be set at 7:45 today.. signifigant?

arrrggg! Ye thinks these young pirates forget the hour hand moves as well as the minute hand! Ye look again or walk the plank!

me4sweetd

skinnychick810 wrote:I, personally, don't think so. Only because the time on his clock yesterday didn't hold anything relevant that I noticed.

Ye be wrong about the clock yesterday. Walk the Plank!

dustandflower

It would be fun if it did, but how could it mean anything since the buyers are the ones who determine how fast an items sell out and in doing so determine how fast we get to see the new sale items with the map piece clues?

Edit: Oops, I mean: "Yarrrr?!"

cyclops829

me4sweetd wrote:Ye be wrong about the clock yesterday. Walk the Plank!

Yarr! But ye forgot that his head be tilted today, might it be that the clock is wobblin' with him?

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
skinnychick810 wrote:I, personally, don't think so. Only because the time on his clock yesterday didn't hold anything relevant that I noticed.

It was reported that it was the time that the Blue Oyster Cults first became available to purchase. Whether or not that was actually true, I do not know.

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

so anyone have any idea what the total count is and where we are? I just had yet another lovely procedure done and was out for a few hours. I've got 7 but I think I'm off one. What's the total number? Can a MODERATOR please at least give us that much?

me4sweetd

cyclops829 wrote:Yarr! But ye forgot that his head be tilted today, might it be that the clock is wobblin' with him?

arrrgggg! Ye name for caption is Flava Flav. Ye invention doesn't mesh with a pirate's timeframe. Look to the sun to tell the time!

mdragga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdragga
wasserkapf wrote:It was reported that it was the time that the Blue Oyster Cults first became available to purchase. Whether or not that was actually true, I do not know.

Best as I can tell the time on his clock yesterday is when the final map piece went live. Which wasn't the time that the Buccaneers of Caribbean#39;s became available to purchase. Presumably today the time the final map piece goes live will also be the time that you can start trying to click I Want One but who knows with Woot?

Buccaneers of Caribbean 4/1/2011
Most Confusing Buccaneers of Caribbean Ever 9/18/2012

dustandflower

mibutterflywingz wrote:so anyone have any idea what the total count is and where we are? I just had yet another lovely procedure done and was out for a few hours. I've got 7 but I think I'm off one. What's the total number? Can a MODERATOR please at least give us that much?

Hmmm, I'm sitting at 6 so far. Anybody else?

stevo89519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevo89519
dustandflower wrote:Hmmm, I'm sitting at 6 so far. Anybody else?

yup

RobinBobcat

Aye.. six so far.. of course, it be my experience that just as soon as folk be speakin' the number they has so far, another one be poppin', just to befoul their count.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

dustandflower

RobinBobcat wrote:Aye.. six so far.. of course, it be my experience that just as soon as folk be speakin' the number they has so far, another one be poppin', just to befoul their count.

Ye be right!!!!

RobinBobcat

RobinBobcat wrote:Aye.. six so far.. of course, it be my experience that just as soon as folk be speakin' the number they has so far, another one be poppin', just to befoul their count.

Wow.. I am *GOOD*.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

scarfatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarfatty

7 pieces

paulw1128

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulw1128

Well I HAD 7, and then my browser crashed, taking pixlr with it...

Sad 'Arrr

wait - I did a quality post? When?!?

tmmurphy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmmurphy

Wanna guess? I say 4 more pieces.

RobinBobcat

paulw1128 wrote:Well I HAD 7, and then my browser crashed, taking pixlr with it...

Sad 'Arrr

This be why the good lord gave us the 'save' button, me lad. Arr..

Meow

Go Squarryls!

skinnychick810

tmmurphy wrote:Wanna guess? I say 4 more pieces.

My guess is 4 or 5 more.

opello

quality posts: 2 Private Messages opello

If anyone has purchased anything today, and has free shipping for the rest of the day, can you post (or PM) what the "shipping indicator" for woot.com is?

For the Crapbeard stuff it's normally:

But I (really goldfndr) was wondering if there was a free shipping ship/chest/whatever graphic.

Thanks!

Dan
opello

SisterEarth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SisterEarth

Arrrgh, the count of seven be correct!

(hooked finger)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mibutterflywingz wrote:so anyone have any idea what the total count is and where we are? I just had yet another lovely procedure done and was out for a few hours. I've got 7 but I think I'm off one. What's the total number? Can a MODERATOR please at least give us that much?

Ha, you think we know? We didn't even know about this treasure hunt thing until it launched! We're learning right along with ya.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

freevortex

ThunderThighs wrote:Ha, you think we know? We didn't even know about this treasure hunt thing until it launched! We're learning right along with ya.

I only have six but I haven't checked lately... yarr

RobinBobcat

opello wrote:If anyone has purchased anything today, and has free shipping for the rest of the day, can you post (or PM) what the "shipping indicator" for woot.com is?

But I (really goldfndr) was wondering if there was a free shipping ship/chest/whatever graphic.

Thanks!

Nothing special for the theme, I'm afraid. If it's the same as yesterday's, it's an open vault, with 'you've unlocked free shipping!'.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

RobinBobcat

ThunderThighs wrote:Ha, you think we know? We didn't even know about this treasure hunt thing until it launched! We're learning right along with ya.

Too right! They be forum moderators, and that's all. What they don't know, they can't tell. This removes any notions of impropriety or unfairness when it comes to, say, hotly contested merchandise.

No reason to let the crew know if you're sailing to certain doom, after all...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
opello wrote:If anyone has purchased anything today, and has free shipping for the rest of the day, can you post (or PM) what the "shipping indicator" for woot.com is?

Thanks!

There should be free shipping today to make up for the map. By my count there were 47 orders that did't get filled (they filled 153) because of cheaters.

freevortex

mibutterflywingz wrote:There should be free shipping today to make up for the map. By my count there were 47 orders that did't get filled (they filled 153) because of cheaters.

Yarr, we be talkin' 'bout friendly stuff here! Cheatin' talk goes on the other board. Yarr.

Also: TREEEASUUUUREEEE.

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
mibutterflywingz wrote:There should be free shipping today to make up for the map. By my count there were 47 orders that did't get filled (they filled 153) because of cheaters.

Let it go already!

Otherwise, these types of posts belong in the original thread. There you will have lots of company and sympathy.