RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

*pastes down #8...*

Meow

Go Squarryls!

freevortex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freevortex
RobinBobcat wrote:*pastes down #8...*

A good pirate always splits what, Crapbeard? I can't be a good pirate until you tell me! XD

RobinBobcat

freevortex wrote:A good pirate always splits what, Crapbeard? I can't be a good pirate until you tell me! XD

His booty. It's why there's a crack in the middle. (add dubious 'plundering' jokes here)

Seriously though, he has two maps, one for each half of his shinies.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

berkberk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berkberk

Can anyone help... I was trying to get a monkey, clicked on it fast, got to purchase now... hit the yellow button and it spun like it was processing for 90 seconds. Got impatient and hit it again, spun for 10 secs and told me they were Sold Out. Did hitting it the second time send me to the back of the line? Is the spinning processing thing what people call the waiting room?

freevortex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freevortex
RobinBobcat wrote:His booty. It's why there's a crack in the middle. (add dubious 'plundering' jokes here)

Seriously though, he has two maps, one for each half of his shinies.

XD

opello

quality posts: 2 Private Messages opello
berkberk wrote:Can anyone help... I was trying to get a monkey, clicked on it fast, got to purchase now... hit the yellow button and it spun like it was processing for 90 seconds. Got impatient and hit it again, spun for 10 secs and told me they were Sold Out. Did hitting it the second time send me to the back of the line? Is the spinning processing thing what people call the waiting room?

If you're a monkey collector like I am, the 2 so far were in the Woot! Monkey Games 7-pack a while back.

Dan
opello

RobinBobcat

Let's see.. given the size of the pieces, I'm guessing there's five left, for a total of twelve.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

alanhwoot

quality posts: 39 Private Messages alanhwoot

Once it goes to "processing" (you've clicked the stupidly large button), you should stay in line even if you navigate away from the page. Check the "STUFF YOU BOUGHT" to see if it's in there. If it's not, it sold out before you.

skinnychick810

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skinnychick810
RobinBobcat wrote:Let's see.. given the size of the pieces, I'm guessing there's five left, for a total of twelve.

I'm thinking 3 or 4 left now.

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ

I'm starting to feel stupid and out-of-sorts. Does the map refer to Woots that are appearing in the Woot off, or is there a secret locale that we go to sign up for the Buccaneers of Caribbean based on the map?

alanhwoot

At least yesterday, it was woot.com/ plus all the red letters on the map (following the path of course).

dustandflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustandflower
OiXYZ wrote:I'm starting to feel stupid and out-of-sorts. Does the map refer to Woots that are appearing in the Woot off, or is there a secret locale that we go to sign up for the Buccaneers of Caribbean based on the map?

There are map pieces hidden in the details section of the Woot items that are being sold in the Woot -off. You have to find the map pieces then put them together and the map will give you the key to discovering the web location of the booty aka "bag-o-crap". Not all of the items in the woot-off have hidden map pieces, there are only 8 pieces out there so far.

To know which items contain map pieces, look for the word -TREASURE- in the woot-offbot's comment bubble in the upper right corner

RobinBobcat

OiXYZ wrote:I'm starting to feel stupid and out-of-sorts. Does the map refer to Woots that are appearing in the Woot off, or is there a secret locale that we go to sign up for the Buccaneers of Caribbean based on the map?

If it's the same as yesterday, it will spell out a URL for you to visit. Put the red letters in order, and set sail.

Bear in mind, after yesterday's... incident... they've said they'll be tweaking things a bit, so pay attention.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

missjbean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missjbean

Is anyone else having trouble loading the woot pages all of a sudden? Chunks of the page aren't loading or appear to be behind black and white rectangles. I can't see descriptions, and forums went wonky. No other sites are doing that and I even tried re-starting.
It took two tries just to post this.

me4sweetd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages me4sweetd
RobinBobcat wrote:If it's the same as yesterday, it will spell out a URL for you to visit. Put the red letters in order, and set sail.

Bear in mind, after yesterday's... incident... they've said they'll be tweaking things a bit, so pay attention.

I saw the post for the decision on the 353 bags for yesterday, but I missed the one for tweaking the game. can you link it so I can see?

kpk021

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kpk021

So far it's working okay for me. Well except the bar is moving way too slow. People aren't buying this Centon memory thing fast enough.

OiXYZ

dustandflower wrote:Words

I think I confused you, I have all the map pieces so far, just not sure what they're for or how to use them.

berkberk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berkberk
alanhwoot wrote:Once it goes to "processing" (you've clicked the stupidly large button), you should stay in line even if you navigate away from the page. Check the "STUFF YOU BOUGHT" to see if it's in there. If it's not, it sold out before you.

Thanks, it wasn't there... I'm thinking hitting it a second time caused me to lose my place in line, lol

RobinBobcat

OiXYZ wrote:I think I confused you, I have all the map pieces so far, just not sure what they're for or how to use them.

Put the map together, young padawan..

Look at the first page of this thread, you'll see *yesterday's* map, for an example.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

RobinBobcat

me4sweetd wrote:I saw the post for the decision on the 353 bags for yesterday, but I missed the one for tweaking the game. can you link it so I can see?

Eh, they've made various comments to that effect during the cluster-frolic that happened yesterday. Not gonna dig them up, but TT's initial post says they were looking to make sure it didn't happen today, and I trust her.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

OiXYZ

RobinBobcat wrote:Put the map together, young padawan..

Look at the first page of this thread, you'll see *yesterday's* map, for an example.

It all makes sense now, thank you -- also, yesterday's map is on page 3?

dustandflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustandflower
RobinBobcat wrote:Put the map together, young padawan..

Pirate and Jedi...you must be invincible... :0

alanhwoot

The easiest fix is to not put up the page until the last piece is released. They could also put a mandatory coupon code on the last piece.

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Any have browser add-ons (Firefox & Chrome only) for Woot? I just got some and they're awesome!

mwolfatwork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mwolfatwork

Ahoy maties, I be back from workin for the privateer and am in the fray again. Plundered all sections of the map thus far, so now the waiting begins again.

Arrrrr, I hope I don't have to stay up until Midnight Eastern time again, that could be brutal.

mwolfatwork

mibutterflywingz wrote:Any have browser add-ons (Firefox & Chrome only) for Woot? I just got some and they're awesome!

What be this heresy ye speak of? Will it help you plunder the treasure faster?

RobinBobcat

dustandflower wrote:Pirate and Jedi...you must be invincible... :0

I've a touch of Viking on me mother's side, tae boot!

Meow

Go Squarryls!

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
RobinBobcat wrote:I've a touch of Viking on me mother's side, tae boot!

My Packers will always beat yer Vikings!!

mwolfatwork

Ahoy, me sees another piece o' the map.

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

i for one, am thoroughly disappointed that these maps both had more than eight pieces.

ARE YE PIRATES??

RobinBobcat

ebam wrote:i for one, am thoroughly disappointed that these maps both had more than eight pieces.

ARE YE PIRATES??

Counting has never been Crapbeard's strong suit.. Don'tt ell him, though. The crew will keelhaul ye come payday, savvy?

Meow

Go Squarryls!

RobinBobcat

Looks like three more pieces left. I'm hoping that the next one is the middle one, there, since I can already guess pretty well what they are...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087

FYI (From the other thread):

In response to whether or not we can start guessing early:

ROGETRAY wrote:ANSWERS:

1. Sure, but there will be no way to even know if you've guessed right,
because...

2. Yes. The page will be hidden from view until that moment.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
yankeefan1087 wrote:FYI (From the other thread):

In response to whether or not we can start guessing early:

Well, we can guess till the cows come home. Acting on the guess is another kettle of fish.

gail72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gail72
RobinBobcat wrote:Looks like three more pieces left. I'm hoping that the next one is the middle one, there, since I can already guess pretty well what they are...

I don't want you to tell me what you think they are... but how are you guessing, or am I missing something?

RobinBobcat

gail72 wrote:I don't want you to tell me what you think they are... but how are you guessing, or am I missing something?

Oh, sorry, you DON'T want me to tell you..

My bad

Meow

Go Squarryls!

OiXYZ

gail72 wrote:I don't want you to tell me what you think they are... but how are you guessing, or am I missing something?

That scurvy dog made his cutter on Wheel O' Fortune, matey

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch

Ditto!

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087

A lot of the words are pirate or woot themed, so you can make some educated guesses based on that. I'm pretty sure I've got the middle figured out as well.

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch

How many pieces now? Been entertaining the kidlets and I'm up to 8. Missed any?