RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat
clangaiscioch wrote:How many pieces now? Been entertaining the kidlets and I'm up to 8. Missed any?

Nine by my count.. of course, as I mentioned earlier - saying how many you have means another one pops up...

*waits*

Meow

Go Squarryls!

RobinBobcat

Also, I am pleased and amused that RamyB gets his own beach.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch
RobinBobcat wrote:Nine by my count.. of course, as I mentioned earlier - saying how many you have means another one pops up...

*waits*

Thank you. Must go foraging. I'll expect a 10th while at it. ;)

gail72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gail72
yankeefan1087 wrote:A lot of the words are pirate or woot themed, so you can make some educated guesses based on that. I'm pretty sure I've got the middle figured out as well.

Ahhh, so I'd best be getting me Pirate dictionary out then... thanks folks

RobinBobcat

gail72 wrote:Ahhh, so I'd best be getting me Pirate dictionary out then... thanks folks

Is that the one that only has words starting with 'Arrr'?

Meow

Go Squarryls!

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch
gail72 wrote:Ahhh, so I'd best be getting me Pirate dictionary out then... thanks folks

I would go with the Pirate Encyclopedia Set Myself!

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

gail72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gail72
sflesch wrote:I would go with the Pirate Encyclopedia Set Myself!

That's too good!

james_hardiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages james_hardiman

Arr! Still no treasure!

BelyndaG

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG
sflesch wrote:I would go with the Pirate Encyclopedia Set Myself!

Best pirate joke I've seen today!

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch
BelyndaG wrote:Best pirate joke I've seen today!

It's really a class joke. Loved it.

MukYJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MukYJ

Arrr, for a second there I thought that the map said something besides Honduran Shirt Factory (but that could have something to do with how I lined up the pieces...). Time to stir my stumps and head for my hammock.

yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087

Is anyone else missing small triangular pieces again today? I've got some white space below Crapbeard's sword and another a bit farther to the right of the first missing bit.

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ

Feels like there's 3 more pieces yet to come.

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
yankeefan1087 wrote:Is anyone else missing small triangular pieces again today? I've got some white space below Crapbeard's sword and another a bit farther to the right of the first missing bit.

Only when my scissors slipped.

cyclops829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829

can anyone tell me what time the last puzzle piece was made available last night?

I forgot about it and dont want to blow it again

cyclops829

there's another one!

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
cyclops829 wrote:can anyone tell me what time the last puzzle piece was made available last night?

I forgot about it and dont want to blow it again

Don't remember but I think it was the replica sword, which I would actually have bought so I could solve a holiday gift problem. The person definitely doesn't have one of those, and now they probably never will. And I still have to figure out what to give them. The Jolly Roger bedspread would have worked, too, but-.

CathyInNH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CathyInNH

Sorry to ask, but once I have all the pieces, and have a map pieced together, what do I do THEN??

"The Wife"

OiXYZ

CathyInNH wrote:Sorry to ask, but once I have all the pieces, and have a map pieced together, what do I do THEN??

Get yer pirate booty!

RobinBobcat

CathyInNH wrote:Sorry to ask, but once I have all the pieces, and have a map pieced together, what do I do THEN??

Follow the path on the map, assembling the RED letters, to form a URL.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

Andie203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andie203

Do we know for sure that the URL will not be live until the last map piece is posted?

RobinBobcat

Andie203 wrote:Do we know for sure that the URL will not be live until the last map piece is posted?

The dark and arcane wizards at Woot have said as such, yes. There was mention of it in The Thread That Shall Not Be Named. Someone dared tread there, and brought back that last piece of hope.

... sorry, was looking at the Hobbit trailers. *ahem*

Meow

Go Squarryls!

surfphoto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages surfphoto
Andie203 wrote:Do we know for sure that the URL will not be live until the last map piece is posted?

Yeah, I'm still following TTTSNBN and they stated that it will not be live until after the first piece.

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

I love how this board is so small and hidden. Been lurking as I work on my own site and events for Pirate day. It's been nice hanging out with you all!

~Zara

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

cyclops829

I wonder if the "splits his booty" part will be a clue to a more complicated url

RobinBobcat

cyclops829 wrote:I wonder if the "splits his booty" part will be a clue to a more complicated url

OProbably just referring to the having two days of treasure.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

I was actually just thinking that I could have done a better job than the woot writers for this thing. "A good pirate splits his LOOT & always starts at WOOT..." would have rhymed.

And last night, with the missing last to letters and a phrase ending in "Sea" -- I was so certain that it was the "Bee Oh Sea", 'cause DUH! That would have made much more sense. But noooo....

Woot gods, next time, pay me to come up with your puzzle. I'm thinking some kind of rhyming riddle - an online scavenger hunt. Yep, just lemme know when you need a hand.

RobinBobcat

I was rather amused by someone who sugguested it might be the Goat Sea.. but then they'd have to draw some sort of whirlpool...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

dustandflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustandflower

Question: Since the map has all sorts of ups and downs and twists that it didn't yesterday, what order do you suppose the letters need to be placed in? For example, the S- R- (words aren't complete yet) after "Port Hygiene" do we type it out RS in the url because the trail is headed northward and the R comes first or do we type it SR because that is the order in which we read it? :-&

OiXYZ

dustandflower wrote:Question: Since the map has all sorts of ups and downs and twists that it didn't yesterday, what order do you suppose the letters need to be placed in? For example, the S- R- (words aren't complete yet) after "Port Hygiene" do we type it out RS in the url because the trail is headed northward and the R comes first or do we type it SR because that is the order in which we read it? :-&

Pirates aren't the smartest bunch, I don't think they're getting too fancy with this. It's all rather literal I'd imagine.

RobinBobcat

*checks the clock*

Dangit.. so much for getting a decent amount of sleep tonight... again. Still, with this pace, I can afford to go ahead and at least eat dinner...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

Firebert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Firebert

Guess it's time to head over to slickdeals for the cracked code. The trick is to wait until AFTER the piece is revealed to use the cheat. Haha suck it woot!

I'd be more angry at the cheaters if I wasn't busy trying to manually brute force the code before the last piece went live. Of course I didn't guess the last name was three letters... so it was futile. And I had a typo... I was screwed before it began and I knew it. I really need to learn to script so I can score a B0C.

spooble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spooble

My map looks like it needs 2 more pieces. Is that what everyone else has, or have I missed a piece?

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl
spooble wrote:My map looks like it needs 2 more pieces. Is that what everyone else has, or have I missed a piece?

I'm pretty sure I need two pieces too.. one on the bottom and one on the right.

dustandflower

Wow the flying caped bear thing went faster than the bacon... people have such interesting taste in Woots

Edit: oops I mean Monkey thing...

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

One more piece, me thinks. I'm gettin' excited. The thrill of the chase is so on right now!

spooble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spooble

Yeah. And it's right about now they'll list about a thousand woot-killing roombas.

kcostell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kcostell

I think if you listen closely you can hear the creak of the Woot servers from the frantic F5ing every time a deal sells out.

freevortex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freevortex
kcostell wrote:I think if you listen closely you can hear the creak of the Woot servers from the frantic F5ing every time a deal sells out.

*yawns* But I need sleep!

dustandflower

Arrg the tension is is making me lower extremities tingle. No wait, I buckled me scabbard too tight.