ytsemaddy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ytsemaddy

I like the Antechamber of Doom. It's cozy.

dustandflower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustandflower

Wait a sec.... I spend 12 hours on here waiting for me booty and I have to BUY the bag-o-crap??? I don't even know what's in it! What if its real crap? I can just go out and get that from the dog kennel for free. I'm so lost...

missjbean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missjbean

Blarg! I was ready! I had it all typed within about 3 seconds of it going live but transposed the W and the V which, when trying to figure out why it was 404 - VW in the address bar looks like WV. Retyped from scratch - antechamber of doom. ARGGG!!!!
TWO whole days wasted.
But not really wasted, this was fun!

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

same for me.

yankeefan1087 wrote:fml. had a typo and then got thrown in the waiting room. ah well, I picked up my 2nd quality post and a mechanical keyboard, and i guess putting the map together was pretty fun also. GL to everyone who actually gets some Booty of the Caribbean!

Jmfoulk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jmfoulk

How many crap-seekers is "a lot"?!?!?

meandsecoya

quality posts: 14 Private Messages meandsecoya

So, I got yesterday's crap email earlier, so I was just working this one out for fun. I slowly got the last of it together and ended up in the antechamber of doom (wanted to see how quick they were going, not actually trying to buy a 2nd one). Here's the thing, after I got there, I got a Wootalyzer popup TWICE that was linking to the current Buccaneers of Caribbean How the hell is that possible?

PurplePawprints elsewhere

freevortex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freevortex

But what does it DO? :P

kcostell

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kcostell

Made a typo realized as soon as I hit enter what I'd done, then immediately went to fix it...in the address on the 404 page. That's part of what cost me.

spilzer

quality posts: 120 Private Messages spilzer
kcostell wrote:"Welcome to the Antechamber of Doom"

Ooh, is this a new thing? Never been here before. Seriously, I haven't tried for a Buccaneers of Caribbean in a while, but since when was there a waiting room?

p.s. I like it! Just gonna make myself at home...

IceWoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IceWoot
freevortex wrote:uhm... I think that's your browser, not the antechamber.

I know its my browser. I mean do I keep waiting or should I just leave? Is it over for me already?

cyclops829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclops829

I dont know how, but I knew it would follow that monkey

paulw1128

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulw1128
missjbean wrote:TWO whole days wasted.
But not really wasted, this was fun!

This. This is what all the butt-hurt in the Thread That Shall Not Be Named was forgetting.

wait - I did a quality post? When?!?

freevortex

IceWoot wrote:I know its my browser. I mean do I keep waiting or should I just leave? Is it over for me already?

Not a clue. I've never gotten this far trying for a bag before.

freevortex

paulw1128 wrote:This. This is what all the butt-hurt in the Thread That Shall Not Be Named was forgetting.

XD at "Thread That Shall Not Be Named"

cyclops829

it is now showing as sold out, so I think that means that it's over.

Thanks again to freevortex for creating this safe haven

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
dustandflower wrote:Wait a sec.... I spend 12 hours on here waiting for me booty and I have to BUY the bag-o-crap??? I don't even know what's in it! What if its real crap? I can just go out and get that from the dog kennel for free. I'm so lost...

um, you've been a member for almost a year, and you dont know about the Buckets o' Chicken? they are the most sought after item on woot (woot-offs/holidays), to the point where this site nearly imploded after last nights debacle where people got in early to BUY the beeOhCee, making it so others couldnt BUY the beeOhCee.

and yes, it'll be crap. The Commandments (from that page):

THE HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v4.0

I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond ONE bag of some kind and THREE crappy items.

II. Thou shalt probably expect not to even get a Bag o’ Crap at all. We only have enough for about 10% of the people who want them. Thou art probably in that other 90%.

III. Thou shalt notice that “crap” is right there in the title. Thou shalt not complain when it turns out we were telling the truth.

IV. Thou wouldst probably be better off spending thine eight bucks on just about anything else.

V. Thou shalt be assured that Woot hath upgraded its servers and code to minimize errors and crashes. But thou shalt remind thyself that even if those servers did work perfectly, it would simply mean the Buccaneers of Caribbean sold out earlier.

VI. Should thou fail in thy quest for crap, congratulations. Failure is the biggest crap of all.

Where's the crap?

dustandflower

So, all you crap plundering wooters of years past, what kinds of things are usually in the booty bag? I hope it is worth the 8 bucks!

paulw1128

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulw1128

Does anyone know if the waiting room will quit out once all the Blessed Ocean Creatures are gone?

wait - I did a quality post? When?!?

cbakeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbakeman

I am waiting in the Antechamber of Doom as well... This is the first time I have ever seen a queue for a Boiled Old Cabbage!

The page seems to be automatically refreshing periodically, so I guess I'll hang out and see what happens...

CathyInNH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CathyInNH

Hmmm, I put in the woot.com/ all the letters and only got a 404 Woot can't find that.... did I mess up, or sold out???

"The Wife"

IceWoot

CathyInNH wrote:Hmmm, I put in the woot.com/ all the letters and only got a 404 Woot can't find that.... did I mess up, or sold out???

Messed up.
The page shows it is sold out.

dustandflower

parrotice wrote:um, you've been a member for almost a year, and you dont know about the Buckets o' Chicken? they are the most sought after item on woot (woot-offs/holidays), to the point where this site nearly imploded after last nights debacle where people got in early to BUY the beeOhCee, making it so others couldnt BUY the beeOhCee.

and yes, it'll be crap. The Commandments (from that page):

THE HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v4.0

I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond ONE bag of some kind and THREE crappy items.

II. Thou shalt probably expect not to even get a Bag o’ Crap at all. We only have enough for about 10% of the people who want them. Thou art probably in that other 90%.

III. Thou shalt notice that “crap” is right there in the title. Thou shalt not complain when it turns out we were telling the truth.

IV. Thou wouldst probably be better off spending thine eight bucks on just about anything else.

V. Thou shalt be assured that Woot hath upgraded its servers and code to minimize errors and crashes. But thou shalt remind thyself that even if those servers did work perfectly, it would simply mean the Buccaneers of Caribbean sold out earlier.

VI. Should thou fail in thy quest for crap, congratulations. Failure is the biggest crap of all.

I'm a sadly infrequent wooter, so no, I have never heard of the such things...

missjbean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missjbean
kcostell wrote:Made a typo realized as soon as I hit enter what I'd done, then immediately went to fix it...in the address on the 404 page. That's part of what cost me.

Me too! When i first (finally) fixed the error I couldn't figure out why it still didn't work - then noticed that 404 garbage in the address costing me another probably 9 seconds, also known as 45 years!!!

cbakeman

If you've never gotten a Buccaneers of Caribbean before - Imagine the Woot minions cleaning up shop after the chaos of a woot-off, sweeping up the miscellaneous items, putting them into boxes, and sending them out.

I have gotten: a broken refurb Sandisk Sansa MP3 player, a couple of new camera cases, an iPod accessory kit, a 3D camera, Barbie scratch-off art kits, etc...

It truly is crap, except for the lucky few that get a DVD player, or a functioning camera, a HDTV, or something surprising and wonderful! You just never know...

CathyInNH

IceWoot wrote:Messed up.
The page shows it is sold out.

could you PM me the url.... i don't see what I typed wrong!!

"The Wife"

cyclops829

dustandflower wrote:So, all you crap plundering wooters of years past, what kinds of things are usually in the booty bag? I hope it is worth the 8 bucks!

oh dont worry, it hardly ever is.

Remember the commandments!

That said, it is totally worth it.

rjanecek2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rjanecek2

le sigh... I've never made it to the waiting room before. Will it forward me to an S.O.L. page or just keep recycling?

surfphoto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages surfphoto

Two days wasted on a stupid typo since I'm so tired.

capned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capned

Drat. Waiting Room. Never saw that "Virgin" coming.

Ultimately, my result tonight will be the same as last night, but at least tonight I don't feel like I got shafted.

cyclops829

CathyInNH wrote:could you PM me the url.... i don't see what I typed wrong!!

now that its all over i see no harm in posting this http://www.woot.com/offers/rbhsfrrnltibcswvitpbntophssrbraarrcp

yankeefan1087

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yankeefan1087
dustandflower wrote:So, all you crap plundering wooters of years past, what kinds of things are usually in the booty bag? I hope it is worth the 8 bucks!

I've gotten 3 dating back to 2007. First time I got a backpack and a t-shirt. 2nd time I got a camera bag and some plastic army men (had counless hours of fun with the parachute ones; hadn't seen them in years before that Buccaneers of Caribbean. My 3rd time was probably the "best" of the three; I got a semi-functional CD player, some sort of alarm clock with a video screen (didn't work), a backpack, and some other semi-broken crap that I played with for a week or two before giving up on it.

surfphoto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages surfphoto

Since we are done, I don't think it matters. Good night all.

http://www.woot.com/offers/rbhsfrrnltibcswvitpbntophssrbraarrcp

CathyInNH

i had it in notepad, ready to add letters and paste. never even got to the listing page... typo?? not sure!

"The Wife"

vbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbee

Has anyone who ended up in the antechamber of doom gotten to checkout? I am still waiting.

cbakeman

One other tidbit to share - it's fun to come back to Woot in a week or two and peruse the forums to see what people got in their Buccaneers of Caribbean It's fairly common to have people take pictures of their 'booty' and post it for all to see!

gail72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gail72

Ohhh, came oh so close and I can't say how exciting it was to see that wonderful golden button. Was fun putting the map together and picking up some nice deals for our new house!

freevortex

vbee wrote:Has anyone who ended up in the antechamber of doom gotten to checkout? I am still waiting.

This, please?

IceWoot

vbee wrote:Has anyone who ended up in the antechamber of doom gotten to checkout? I am still waiting.

Here, too....please.

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ
freevortex wrote:This, please?

Since it says "Sold Out" on the actual Buccaneers of Caribbean page, I'm guessing the waiting room is merely a ruse to falsely keep your hopes alive.

I, too, typoed and lost out. I will now go to bed hungry and frustrated.

cyclops829

some have in TTSNBN, but it seems to be slowing down.

I will post a pic in this thread once my Buccaneers of Caribbean gets here.