0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Centon 64GB DataStick Sport
$29.99 + $5 Standard OR $7 Two-Day OR $11 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

everlore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages everlore

Popular deal.

e

Simmp5

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Simmp5

using this right now to save my map for when I go home after work. Pretty decent stuff, works great with my PS3.

cxfusion3mp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cxfusion3mp

USB 2.0 is just too slow for a stick this size.

Npimpfellow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Npimpfellow

woot! PortableApps and Pendrivelinux!
Horray Yumi!
Arrrggghhh

greg6459

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greg6459

I bought one of these and it lasted 10 days and now is unreadable. I transferred all of my data onto it and had not yet backed it up. Lost everything. Sent it to data recovery, the chip is too new to read. Buy with caution!

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

Every time they put up Centon brand flash memory on Woot! I see tons of horror stories about how it is unreliable.

The reviews on other sites are similar.

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

Can someone explain how to get rid of the white background on the map pieces. I'm trying to connect the pieces and the white part covers up the rest of it. I'm using GIMP by the way.

vbrookslv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vbrookslv

3MB/sec. Ehh, no.

thespiansmc

quality posts: 20 Private Messages thespiansmc
impaul4 wrote:Can someone explain how to get rid of the white background on the map pieces. I'm trying to connect the pieces and the white part covers up the rest of it. I'm using GIMP by the way.

use the 'magic wand' in the toolbox, and click on the white part. It should select all the white. Then hit 'delete' (on the keyboard) and you should be good.

sflancer06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sflancer06

I'm finally going to buy one of these. They've popped up so often, I figure: why not?

It's nice to see flash drives on Woot again - there was a long period where I wasn't finding any to replace the failed 16GB Kingston I bought.

zeta30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeta30

I couldn't agree more. Anything greater than 16GB and you'll be spending all of your time waiting for the data transfer to complete.

I never buy anything greater than 8GB in USB 2 format.

cxfusion3mp wrote:USB 2.0 is just too slow for a stick this size.

Burning-Chrome

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Burning-Chrome

3 Mb/sec.... Would take almost 6 hours to fully write to or read from this stick. Just so you know.

bootawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootawoot

snooze

k1oik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k1oik
greg6459 wrote:I bought one of these and it lasted 10 days and now is unreadable. I transferred all of my data onto it and had not yet backed it up. Lost everything. Sent it to data recovery, the chip is too new to read. Buy with caution!

It is totally irresponsible of WOOT to offer this. I bought this from WOOT in the past and it failed in a similar way

http://k1oik.freehostia.com/students/

phruegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phruegg

Bought 2. 1 lasted less than 1 day. Would not buy.

bootawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootawoot
sflancer06 wrote:I'm finally going to buy one of these. They've popped up so often, I figure: why not?

Must be a reason there's a surplus. Woot probably got them for a 2 bucks a piece.

paulw1128

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulw1128

"Built with a water resistant and shock silicon resistant case, this drive is guaranteed to keep your important data safe"

.... n.b. Not a guarantee.

wait - I did a quality post? When?!?

gostarkygo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gostarkygo
bootawoot wrote:Must be a reason there's a surplus. Woot probably got them for a 2 bucks a piece.

That would still be overpaying by at least $3.

SpicyMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpicyMike
impaul4 wrote:Can someone explain how to get rid of the white background on the map pieces. I'm trying to connect the pieces and the white part covers up the rest of it. I'm using GIMP by the way.

Hit 'b' (Tools, Paths) and set the path around the map. Then Shift V (Select, From Path), copy, paste into a new (complete map) file, hit 'm' (Tools, Transform Tools, Move) and move it into place. Be sure to save.

bob315

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bob315

This product gives a new definition to the word SLLLOOOW. Data transfer rate is the slowest I have ever seen on a flash drive. Combine that with the amount of data it holds and you have a nightmare scenario (or a lot of time on your hands). Combine that with poor reliability and this deal should be easy to pass on.

Robert Novick

vincew9298

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vincew9298

I bought two of these in June from WOOT, same price. I have been able to use it with UBUNTU 12.4, WINDOWS XP, VISTA and WINDOWS 7. I have not tried one with pretty pirate hat but I am sure if they work on LINUX it will work also. They work well and are a great price for the amount of memory.

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude

Oh sure... I wait all woot-off without buying anything and when I finally do (64gb Data Stick), everyone proceeds to trash the item. Can you cancel a purchase?

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
k1oik wrote:It is totally irresponsible of WOOT to offer this. I bought this from WOOT in the past and it failed in a similar way

I assume it was under the warranty and you got a replacement?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

CooperDude wrote:Oh sure... I wait all woot-off without buying anything and when I finally do (64gb Data Stick), everyone proceeds to trash the item. Can you cancel a purchase?

Yes, shoot us an email at service@woot.com with the subject "Cancel". Please remember to include your username and order number so we assist you in a timely manner.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

ciozszmloes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ciozszmloes

Makes me wonder what item has been listed for the longest in the history of woot-offs...

sleddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleddy
greg6459 wrote:I bought one of these and it lasted 10 days and now is unreadable. I transferred all of my data onto it and had not yet backed it up. Lost everything. Sent it to data recovery, the chip is too new to read. Buy with caution!

This happened to me too, though it lasted a couple months for me.

finsnut13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finsnut13

does not work with my wifes' pretty pirate hat! she is not happy!
why doesn't pretty pirate hat show up... no good with a pretty pirate hat. does not work in an apple either!

m a c
a p p l e

Truelyscrumptious

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Truelyscrumptious

I've had really good luck with Centon in the past ... but not with these! I bought 3 on a previous woot and am horribly disappointed.

I've had files get corrupted, win7 computers tell me that they need to be formatted and on one machine, the audio of the data transfer comes through my speakers.

I'm done with Centon anything.

HarveyH45

quality posts: 4 Private Messages HarveyH45

Got one of these last time, wanted the large storage for copying off interesting clips, from video security DVR. Unfortunately, the DVR and Windows Vista, have different ideas about how data should be written. Fortunately, it works well with my media player hooked up to my TV. Copied 30 gig worth of video, works very well. Haven't tried, but I want to see if I can copy DVDs to it, would be kind of cool to select a movie from a menu, rather than scanning through a shelf.

nutbarz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nutbarz

I Got two of these. One I have been using for about a year, on my Work Computer, as mp3 storage. No Problems at all.
I have not used the second one at all yet. I think I have a Flash Drive Fetish