powoots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powoots

Hey these would be good for two day woot offs, so your eyes don't hurt after staring at the screen looking for map pieces

voodoodaddy67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voodoodaddy67

Do these glasses work with Crapbeards map?

foenix55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foenix55

ALLS I WANTED WAS AN IPOD TOUCH CHEAP D:

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ
powoots wrote:Hey these would be good for two day woot offs, so your eyes don't hurt after staring at the screen looking for map pieces

You should get a job working for Woot, you have strong marketing concepts!

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

i still dont know why the frogs do i need shades to play games. I'm in michigan and get about 4-5 months of sunlight, looks like woot is not even happy with that. not buying it woot, not buying it!!!

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689

Whoops. Sorry guys. When I cancelled my prior order for Gunnars I put as the reason that I wanted to wait for more styles of Gunnars to come up. My bad. :-D

edean44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edean44

This is the hardest I've ever tried to get a Buccaneers of Caribbean So Woot, if it's not too much to ask and I do get one, please send me a new F5 key.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

is it just me or do we still need TWO more pieces? One below the X and one in the lower right corner.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tkebidder wrote:Would someone mind telling me where just one piece is found so I know what to look for!

If you click on the main image on the front page you'll be directed to another page which shows images of that sale. Throughout the day we've been putting pieces of the map in those images ;)

mc243569

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mc243569

Been waiting up for a while, hoping to score my very first Blarney ol' Craic... but I don't think I can do it any more. My eyes have completely glazed over. Is it ironic that these glasses, which I otherwise would never have use for, may come in quite handy right now?

vmorgs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vmorgs
tkebidder wrote:Would someone mind telling me where just one piece is found so I know what to look for!

For the bajillionth time...

Click on the word "Blog" above, right across from the big "Woot Beta" logo. Hit Ctrl F and search for TREASURE in all caps. When you find it, click on the blog post. Find the images of the item referenced in the post & scroll through until you've found a map piece. Collect 'em all and then assemble them however you see fit. I use GIMP. And viola...now you know what to look for.

ciozszmloes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ciozszmloes
kcmark wrote:is it just me or do we still need TWO more pieces? One below the X and one in the lower right corner.

It *should* just be one...hopefully.

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

This must be a NEW Woot crowd, I remember people helping others out with things like this. What happened you guys?

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey
kcmark wrote:is it just me or do we still need TWO more pieces? One below the X and one in the lower right corner.

Just 1 remains. You missed out on 1 a while back then.

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch

I have a piece in the lower right corner.

csobel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csobel

Are you serious? "Gaming glasses"?!?!? How l a m e!!! I think I'll go sell my Dungeons and Dragons players handbook and D.M. Guide to save up for this. And while I'm at it, I might as well invite my friends over from the Reptile club and my co-workers from Mcdonalds to try on these bad boys. Who the hell has to wear glasses to play video games or use a computer. Oh no!! I can't find my pocket protector or my zit cream!!

vmorgs

Nope. By my count, we only need one. I think...

ciozszmloes

tkebidder wrote:This must be a NEW Woot crowd, I remember people helping others out with things like this. What happened you guys?

We all got a little jaded after being thrown off the plank last night. Or it could just be me.

blackjasper21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackjasper21

So,I decided I would look at the Home section and I saw a nice pan.. only to come back here and see its still at 82%..... Woot Harder!

TSDownes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TSDownes

It's just you. If you had been wearing your Gaming Eyewear you wouldn't have missed it.

vmorgs

ciozszmloes wrote:We all got a little jaded after being thrown off the plank last night. Or it could just be me.

Nope. I too am jaded...

slappywhite2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slappywhite2001
csobel wrote:Are you serious? "Gaming glasses"?!?!? How l a m e!!! I think I'll go sell my Dungeons and Dragons players handbook and D.M. Guide to save up for this. And while I'm at it, I might as well invite my friends over from the Reptile club and my co-workers from Mcdonalds to try on these bad boys. Who the hell has to wear glasses to play video games or use a computer. Oh no!! I can't find my pocket protector or my zit cream!!

I'll have you know that leaky pens and acne are serious issues in my community. Our local news team did a special on them. There's a charity walk next weekend.

I do enjoy a good grilled cheese sandwich.

cappo

quality posts: 30 Private Messages cappo
skgpyro wrote:Anyone actually ever buy these? They sound interesting, especially since I've always been envious of with ocular impairment. The ladies in glasses are irresistible.

They help stop eye fatigue, but they're a pain to clean. At least that's my experience.

hopmedic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hopmedic

Click the link for the blog in the menu above, then hit CTRL-F, type TREASURE, and (if your browser has this feature), in the find options, check the "Match case"

You'll find all the instances of FEATURE that are all caps. Click on the items with that, then click on the pic of the map piece. In each case, it's the last pic. That's what you're looking for. IIRC, we're on the 11th piece for tonight's map.

kcmark

clangaiscioch wrote:I have a piece in the lower right corner.

A piece below The Pirate Bay (Not That One) ?? It doesn't look like the path would or could go south of there however there's no "burned" edge of the map so I'm wondering.

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

so i found a piece on the images of the projector, what do i do with it?

wvtechguru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wvtechguru

Since I cannot get these in prescription, I am going to tint my screen yellow and pretend I have a pair on.

What a difference that makes!

ROGETRAY

Staff

vmorgs wrote:For the bajillionth time...

Click on the word "Blog" above, right across from the big "Woot Beta" logo. Hit Ctrl F and search for TREASURE in all caps. When you find it, click on the blog post. Find the images of the item referenced in the post & scroll through until you've found a map piece. Collect 'em all and then assemble them however you see fit. I use GIMP. And viola...now you know what to look for.

Yeah what he said...
check here for directions too:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5165888

edean44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edean44
csobel wrote:Are you serious? "Gaming glasses"?!?!? How l a m e!!! I think I'll go sell my Dungeons and Dragons players handbook and D.M. Guide to save up for this. And while I'm at it, I might as well invite my friends over from the Reptile club and my co-workers from Mcdonalds to try on these bad boys. Who the hell has to wear glasses to play video games or use a computer. Oh no!! I can't find my pocket protector or my zit cream!!

You should rent Revenge of the Nerds...really puts things into perspective.

Kattosha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kattosha

so are these for pretty pirate hat or a PC? and how do I get them to stay on my computer?

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey
tkebidder wrote:so i found a piece on the images of the projector, what do i do with it?

Burn the image into your memory... the find the rest and repeat.

csobel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csobel

if you need glasses because your staring at the screen or the tv too long and it's giving you headaches...you're staring at the screen or tv for too long!! Might I suggest getting OUTSIDE of the house??????

ciozszmloes

tkebidder wrote:so i found a piece on the images of the projector, what do i do with it?

you need to find roughly ten more pieces and piece them all together to get the link to the Buccaneers of Caribbean

ROGETRAY

Staff

edean44 wrote:You should rent Revenge of the Nerds...really puts things into perspective.

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch
kcmark wrote:A piece below The Pirate Bay (Not That One) ?? It doesn't look like the path would or could go south of there however there's no "burned" edge of the map so I'm wondering.

Now I'm just interested in seeing what your map looks like...

Nothing is below that piece.

miryc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miryc

These are the most expensive gunnars out there. Great deal got myself one

sssprinkle

quality posts: 17 Private Messages sssprinkle

It's just you...

But, the same thing happened to me yesterday if that makes you feel any better...

kcmark

CalcMonkey wrote:Just 1 remains. You missed out on 1 a while back then.

It looks like there should be only one to me as well. However, the bottom-hand right corner does not have a "burned" edge of the map - below "The Pirate Bay (Not That One)" - which makes me wonder if there would be more (though I don't see how the path could go down there. Maybe I just cut off the burned edge but I don't think so.

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ
ROGETRAY wrote:

Takeshi banging on his gong
The boys and the Mu's are clapping along

clubhubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clubhubie

If I am so lucky as to score a Barack Obama Cabbage I hope a pair of these Gunnar Glasses that have appeared several times is in there. I'd like to try them, but not $50 like to try them if you know what I mean.