tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

where do you put the pieces??

cappo

quality posts: 30 Private Messages cappo
wvtechguru wrote:Since I cannot get these in prescription, I am going to tint my screen yellow and pretend I have a pair on.

You can get them with prescription lenses, but not "off the shelf" you need to get them made.

csobel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csobel

Why why why why?!?!? PC and gaming glasses??? About as useful as driving gloves.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

OiXYZ wrote:Takeshi banging on his gong
The boys and the Mu's are clapping along

Yes. I kinda life my life by this movie.

Except the snorting and pocket protectors...
Oh and I'm cleaner than Booger

biggerfisch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biggerfisch

Instead of this, you could use f.lux for free

cappo

csobel wrote:Are you serious? "Gaming glasses"?!?!? How l a m e!!! I think I'll go sell my Dungeons and Dragons players handbook and D.M. Guide to save up for this. And while I'm at it, I might as well invite my friends over from the Reptile club and my co-workers from Mcdonalds to try on these bad boys. Who the hell has to wear glasses to play video games or use a computer. Oh no!! I can't find my pocket protector or my zit cream!!

I wore mine when fiddling with a light fixture and when I was done, I had no afterimage from the brightness. They do seem to block out HEV light.

Sure their site is a bunch of marketing hype, but they're not just pointless affectations.

vmorgs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vmorgs
clangaiscioch wrote:Now I'm just interested in seeing what your map looks like...

Nothing is below that piece.

Some Wooter found the original map that yesterday's was based off of. There were several pieces cut off and not used by Woot. So, it's entirely possible there is more to the map but we don't need it because nothing is on it.

edean44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edean44
ROGETRAY wrote:Yes. I kinda life my life by this movie.

Except the snorting and pocket protectors...
Oh and I'm cleaner than Booger

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689
edean44 wrote:This is the hardest I've ever tried to get a Buccaneers of Caribbean So Woot, if it's not too much to ask and I do get one, please send me a new F5 key.

1. That is an incredibly practical request. Also, funny.

2. I hope they pry an F5 key off a defunct razer keyboard and send it in your bag.

mollusc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mollusc
tkebidder wrote:where do you put the pieces??

You're just not reading all the help that people are giving you, are you?
Like any other jigsaw, you assemble the pieces yourself. Print them out and cut them up if you need to. You don't "put" them anywhere.

docbolton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages docbolton

If it was for three pair, I'd grab this deal!

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

Every time I see these glasses..

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

acronauer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acronauer

Insert them one by one into your computer's disc drive.

csobel

ROGETRAY wrote:

yea... i know the movie. A family member was in it!!

vmorgs

I'm guessing you have no clue what GIMP is and Paint.net & Photoshop probably seem foreign to you. So... Print the pieces out, cut them out, get some glue and start putting them together on your desk/counter/wall/wherever.

wvtechguru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wvtechguru
cappo wrote:You can get them with prescription lenses, but not "off the shelf" you need to get them made.

Yes, I checked out pricing when they first came out... expensive to get custom lenses. If I did not needs glasses for my astigmatism I would definitely order a pair at that price.

pringles70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pringles70
acronauer wrote:Insert them one by one into your computer's disc drive.

LOL

edean44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edean44
demon00689 wrote:1. That is an incredibly practical request. Also, funny.

2. I hope they pry an F5 key off a defunct razer keyboard and send it in your bag.

For some reason now all I can think of is if I do get a Buccaneers of Caribbean I'll get a 5lb burlap sack full of F5 keys.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

vmorgs

acronauer wrote:Insert them one by one into your computer's disc drive.

Don't you mean cup holder? LOL

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey

Hurry... Someone by the last 20! If all of us buy one... then we can wait through another ridiculous amount of items before we can get a puzzle piece.

csobel

cappo wrote:I wore mine when fiddling with a light fixture and when I was done, I had no afterimage from the brightness. They do seem to block out HEV light.

Sure their site is a bunch of marketing hype, but they're not just pointless affectations.

Oh cool!! A pair of glasses for when I need to change a lightbulb! sweeeet!!

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark
vmorgs wrote:Some Wooter found the original map that yesterday's was based off of. There were several pieces cut off and not used by Woot. So, it's entirely possible there is more to the map but we don't need it because nothing is on it.

That must be the case with the bottom right-hand corner piece that's missing the classic treasure map burnt edge below "That One)"

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom

Okay, I admit I haven't really been following the Woot! Off much, especially the comments. But from what little I have seen, it appears that many people are still hoping for/expecting the Buccaneers of Caribbean I hate to burst the bubble here, but they don't do them during Woot! Offs anymore, likely due to the server havoc they cause. That's why they've been doing them on Facebook, and the side games and such.

cappo

csobel wrote:Oh cool!! A pair of glasses for when I need to change a lightbulb! sweeeet!!

It was just a test.

Some people will benefit from them, if they know what HEV is, they'll know why.

If not, they will scoff.

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom
cappo wrote:It was just a test.

Some people will benefit from them, if they know what HEV is, they'll know why.

If not, they will scoff.

I liked the personality comment better...

colegrove713

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
cappo wrote:They help stop eye fatigue, but they're a pain to clean. At least that's my experience.

Gunnar sends you a gray bag that you use to clean them...it isn't a pain in my experience.

colegrove713

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
cappo wrote:I wore mine when fiddling with a light fixture and when I was done, I had no afterimage from the brightness. They do seem to block out HEV light.

I agree, they are not pointless. Not that anyone will read this now that the woot-off is over (I was the last poster for the earlier set of gunnar glasses too), but these glasses are great if you work in an office with overhead fluorescent lighting and have large computer monitors. I work a 2/2 rotation in Prudhoe Bay and spend a lot of hours in front of the computer screen. I have a pair that I paid $90 for...and well, they are worth it. I've owned them since January and the glasses are still in great shape. But three pairs for the price of one (earlier woot-off item) was a great deal.