quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetcw

imagine what the non-sport must be like

WOOT before Work

misterjman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misterjman

i want that Booty of Contraband

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

At 5 MB/sec write speed, it would take over 7 hours to fill this.

But, since it has 10 MB/sec read, it would only take 3.5 hours to get the data off!

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ
bluekirbypwns wrote:not treasure

also for 128 GB but only USB 2.0 transferring files would take forever....I have a 16 GB which I haven't filled and that seems to take an eternity

Oh it's USB 2.0? Yeah that's kind of slow.

dhilton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dhilton
dkurtz1 wrote:Don't they operate on East coast time? That would make it only 15 minutes left...

Texas. Central time zone

sdkammer

quality posts: 29 Private Messages sdkammer
joshobra wrote:

Yep...never gets old...

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

Sweet. Now when the Centon breaks 2 weeks after you get it, you can lose twice as much data as before!

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

The irony is I'm not buying anything extra from this, in fact I missed one or two things I would have bought because I was afraid I'd miss the last map piece. lol

powoots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powoots

First shalt thou take off the Holy Cap. Then, shalt thou progress to a depth of six feet. No more. No less. Six shalt be the number thou shalt go to, and the depth of your travel shall be six. Seven shalt thou not go, neither thou travel to five, excepting that thou then proceed to six. Eight is right out.

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000

So, what happened with the Buccaneers of Caribbean this time around? It was a treasure map or something? I assume it is long gone.

Kattosha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kattosha
vmorgs wrote:Because someone's going to invairably ask, "What's with the map pieces? Where do I find them?"

Click on the word "Blog" above, right across from the big "Woot Beta" logo. Hit Ctrl F and search for TREASURE in all caps. When you find it, click on the blog post. Find the images of the item referenced in the post & scroll through until you've found a map piece. Collect 'em all and then assemble them however you see fit. I use GIMP. And viola...now you know what to look for.

And because that same person is probably going to ask, "What do I do with them?"

I'm guessing you have no clue what GIMP is and Paint.net & Photoshop probably seem foreign to you. So... Print the pieces out, cut them out, get some glue and start putting them together on your desk/counter/wall/wherever.

And tada...questions asked and answered.

Simple microsoft Paint program works as well...copy the pieces onto a blank document, then select them using the transparent option and place them together like a big puzzle

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
powoots wrote:First shalt thou take off the Holy Cap. Then, shalt thou progress to a depth of six feet. No more. No less. Six shalt be the number thou shalt go to, and the depth of your travel shall be six. Seven shalt thou not go, neither thou travel to five, excepting that thou then proceed to six. Eight is right out.

I think the cap has to be on.

nadh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nadh

Okay, I spent the day collecting puzzle parts, only missing one, but what do I do when I finally get the last part?

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

This USB stick has more memory space than my iPhone 5...

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom
dkurtz1 wrote:Don't they operate on East coast time? That would make it only 15 minutes left...

They go by Central time.

BIGsinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BIGsinner

This is a great gift to give to a frenemy.

Throw them off by giving them an unsuspecting high capacity thumb drive doomed to fail once the transfer precious files they wont be able to retrieve.

You'll thank me later...

vmorgs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vmorgs
Kattosha wrote:Simple microsoft Paint program works as well...copy the pieces onto a blank document, then select them using the transparent option and place them together like a big puzzle

Never thought of that but then again I use Linux so no MS Paint for me...

CarynG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CarynG

And tada...questions asked and answered.[/quote]

Well...TADA...I'm extra stupid and I still don't get how to read the stupid map. I have all the friggin pieces so far and have put them together in PHOTOSHOP...but what the heck does it tell you?!?!? I had yesterday's put together too!

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 31 Private Messages skispeakeasy

128gb at 5mb write speed = 7 hours to fill it to the brim. Who would ever do that?

Done and done! ;)

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey
nadh wrote:Okay, I spent the day collecting puzzle parts, only missing one, but what do I do when I finally get the last part?

Email it to me.

peanut squirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peanut squirrel

Ok, now they're moving a little faster...

w00t!

slappywhite2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slappywhite2001

all this for a zebra lunch bag, three ipod adapters, a justin bieber wall clock, and some children's toy blocks.

what is wrong with us?

I do enjoy a good grilled cheese sandwich.

CBank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CBank

Once you've got the map, type the letters that are red into a browser address bar following the pirate's trail.

e3l

quality posts: 0 Private Messages e3l

128GB at 5MB/s would take almost 7 hours to fill... just sayin...

mausershake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mausershake

Used this thing on the Appalachian Trail to keep my personal information safe... kept it on my dogs collar for safe keeping in case I died

powoots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powoots
cappo wrote:I think the cap has to be on.

yeaaah... good calll