GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
elezar wrote:Just FYI in case they do something like this again in the future... You didn't have to type in the /offers/. It redirects you if you just put it in exactly as shown on the map (http://www.woot.com/rbhsfrrnltibcswvitpbntophssrbraarrcp)

Aha, thanks. I did not have the full puzzle, and it just kicked out my meaningless URL! (c:

It was a kind message, but still incorrect!

cornellbud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cornellbud
GTTraveller wrote:Unbelievable stats from the Buccaneers of Caribbean page - 4% this was their 1st woot, and 5% their 2nd? That is quite hard to fathom.....

chuck1621 closed it out

So its done then. no use staying in???

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch

Finally a sign in page (was already signed in?!) and a kick to Sold Out. :'(

monster2333

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monster2333
kawaiimika wrote:...Still in the waiting room.

Ditto.

elezar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages elezar
CalcMonkey wrote:I guess as each cc gets approved they are knocking people over to the sold out screen starting at who clicked last? That could explain why some are still in the waiting room.

I thought about that possibility, too, but that doesn't make sense to me. Even when one is successful, they don't know how many of the unprocessed ones will fail. If they've got 1000 people in the antechamber and only a single Buccaneers of Caribbean left, if 999 don't go through, then the 1000th person would get that last one.

I really can't think of any way they would know that they can drop someone from the waiting room, until they're able to drop EVERYONE from the waiting room. I'm thinking it's more likely that there's a bug in the system somewhere that caused it to not knock some of us out of the waiting room when it should have.

kcostell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kcostell

Got kicked to a "confirm your account" page, entered my password, and got sent...back to the waiting room.

edit: Now sent to sold out.

girlfriday98

quality posts: 1 Private Messages girlfriday98

Didn't woot used to tell us the total number of woots? I don't see that as a stat on the Booty of Contraband page. I am curious about just how many of these babies there were.

CallMeAl82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CallMeAl82

Juuuuust booted to Sold Out. I had to click the Buy It Now button twice when the first time didn't register; that probably cost me by Buccaneers of Caribbean Way fun, Woot, worth it even though I swore I'd gotten to the Buccaneers of Caribbean in time yesterday as well. Make it harder next time! Your followers seem to like a challenge. Oh wait, I mean, like TO challenge ;)

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey
elezar wrote:I thought about that possibility, too, but that doesn't make sense to me. Even when one is successful, they don't know how many of the unprocessed ones will fail. If they've got 1000 people in the antechamber and only a single Buccaneers of Caribbean left, if 999 don't go through, then the 1000th person would get that last one.

I really can't think of any way they would know that they can drop someone from the waiting room, until they're able to drop EVERYONE from the waiting room. I'm thinking it's more likely that there's a bug in the system somewhere that caused it to not knock some of us out of the waiting room when it should have.

I think it's highly unlikely that 999 cc will fail to go through.

spunk115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spunk115

Just got the second sign-in page, and now back into the waiting room...

MukYJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MukYJ
girlfriday98 wrote:Didn't woot used to tell us the total number of woots? I don't see that as a stat on the Booty of Contraband page. I am curious about just how many of these babies there were.

They used to, now they don't. Something about not wanting to tip off the competition.

CalcMonkey

girlfriday98 wrote:Didn't woot used to tell us the total number of woots? I don't see that as a stat on the Booty of Contraband page. I am curious about just how many of these babies there were.

I couldn't find it on the other items either in this woot off. There were 200 Buccaneers of Caribbean yesterday so I assume the same for today.

spunk115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spunk115

And sold out. Oh well. Loving the waiting room thing, even though I didn't get the Buccaneers of Caribbean

Goodnight wooters!

CalcMonkey

After being in the room forever, had to re-sign in and go back to the room. I feel like the ugly stepchild who has to sit in a corner.

Edit: Sold Out. Boo!

MukYJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MukYJ

I gotta say, I'm liking the Antechamber of Doom much better than the endless frustration of hoping and F5ing only to see the server crash every time you manage to get to and click the stupidly large button. Keep it up Woot!

Edit: although, I've been in the AoD for quite some time in Firefox, well past when Chrome gave up... Maybe a live counter saying where you are in line would be helpful??

sarya156

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarya156

Sold Out, goodbye Woot. "I'll be back"

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc

I just got booted to the sold out page. That was way too much waiting for nothing. I'm cool with not getting a Buccaneers of Caribbean but the waiting was terrible. I hope Woot institutes a better system next time.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

Cornuto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cornuto

Not sure if this is the place for it but at least someone on the staff will see it. This has got to be the most disappointing woot off I've ever been a part of. Right next to me are tweets about waiting all day for a bag o' crap and never getting it so I know I'm not the only one confused and upset by this new system which seems just as easy to exploit as others. I understand there was a theme with the map and the URL but you're not going to offer a single bag up the entire day?!? Isn't there anything left for the customers who just want to click the buy it button when an obvious prize pops up on the screen?

timg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timg

still in the waiting room. just kick me out already.

nyfantom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nyfantom

Dear Woot,

I will forgive you and be your best friend if you let me buy 3 of the woot pirate style monkeys that I missed..

Aww cmon.. please?

mathetes121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mathetes121

Clicked on buy Buccaneers of Caribbean really fast, waited in chamber forever only to be booted. This is pretty disappointing, probably the most disappointing one yet.

elezar

CalcMonkey wrote:I think it's highly unlikely that 999 cc will fail to go through.

Yeah of course it is, but look at the # of people that posted saying they were in the AoD. It's highly unlikely that even half that many orders would be canceled, yet they put us all in there. Where would be the cutoff for how unlikely it has to be, before they would drop someone from the waiting room?

monster2333

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monster2333

And I'm finally booted to the Sold Out page. But not before Woot! got me all excited by making me sign in again.

Good night, Woot!

elezar

elezar wrote:Yeah of course it is, but look at the # of people that posted saying they were in the AoD. It's highly unlikely that even half that many orders would be canceled, yet they put us all in there. Where would be the cutoff for how unlikely it has to be, before they would drop someone from the waiting room?

Plus, the fact that so many (all?) of us that got kicked out had to re-login in the middle of waiting, makes it seem pretty obvious to me that something wasn't working quite right there.

kawaiimika

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawaiimika
elezar wrote:Plus, the fact that so many (all?) of us that got kicked out had to re-login in the middle of waiting, makes it seem pretty obvious to me that something wasn't working quite right there.

Not quite all, I am still in there.

agentofwrath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agentofwrath

In the chamber for 1 hour 10 mins before re-log in and then to Sold Out...

Hopes slashed, Dreams Crushed, Now off to little sleep for lots of work... I need to get my priorities straight...

..//Agent of Wrath

girlfriday98

quality posts: 1 Private Messages girlfriday98
elezar wrote:Plus, the fact that so many (all?) of us that got kicked out had to re-login in the middle of waiting, makes it seem pretty obvious to me that something wasn't working quite right there.

I was immediately routed to the waiting room and eventually kicked to the sold out page. It never asked me to re-login in the middle of waiting, but I had just purchased the screaming monkey right before the last puzzle piece item and it made me re-login for that purchase. I've been trying to get bags of crap for years now and I have never gotten one. I've seen a lot of people post in their signature that they have gotten bags of crap in the double digits. I wish I knew the secret. It seems like most people try forever and get none and some people continuously get them over and over.

nadh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nadh

TT: In the interest of being a productive citizen in 6 hrs, is there ANY chance of Buccaneers of Caribbean if still waiting in the Antechamber? Is it likely I will have to relog my password and be thrown out? If I try to relog my password while in the waiting room, will I be thrown out?

cornellbud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cornellbud

After about 85 minutes in purgatory, released to continue on my way, bag-free...try again next time.

roycee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages roycee

Sadness. I was hoping woot! liked me better, and was saving the last bathysphere of curmudgeons for me, but alas it was not meant to be. Resigned and booted, just like everyone else.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

That's the result of getting slammed by few hundred thousand purchases in a mere moments. It takes a while to work through every request.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kawaiimika

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawaiimika

Just got kicked out to re-enter my password. Only to be put back in the AoD to wait in their for another minute to get to my sold out page.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

nadh wrote:TT: In the interest of being a productive citizen in 6 hrs, is there ANY chance of Buccaneers of Caribbean if still waiting in the Antechamber? Is it likely I will have to relog my password and be thrown out? If I try to relog my password while in the waiting room, will I be thrown out?

I'd say chances are slim to none but I'm not gonna swear on it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

elezar

girlfriday98 wrote:I was immediately routed to the waiting room and eventually kicked to the sold out page. It never asked me to re-login in the middle of waiting, but I had just purchased the screaming monkey right before the last puzzle piece item and it made me re-login for that purchase. I've been trying to get bags of crap for years now and I have never gotten one. I've seen a lot of people post in their signature that they have gotten bags of crap in the double digits. I wish I knew the secret. It seems like most people try forever and get none and some people continuously get them over and over.

I really don't think there's any secret. I tried for over 3 years before getting my first one, then I got 3 or 4 over the next 6 months. Then another dry spell for a year or so, then another 4 or 5 in less than a year. I've only managed one in the past year. In all that time, I never did anything different, to say why I got them on the times I did...

elezar

ThunderThighs wrote:That's the result of getting slammed by few hundred thousand purchases in a mere moments. It takes a while to work through every request.

I can understand it being backed up, but it had already processed our request enough to know that we should be sent to the AoD. What else is there to work through after that, for those of us that didn't get "promoted"? Why would it need us to confirm our login, just to remove us from the queue?

Aelon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aelon

Looks like the waiting room is gone. http://woot.com/rbhsfrrnltibcswvitpbntophssrbraarrcp just goes straight to the Buccaneers of Caribbean now?

Was this the address to get into the waiting room?

So how often does Woot do stuff like this for bags of c r a p?

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya
Cornuto wrote:Not sure if this is the place for it but at least someone on the staff will see it. This has got to be the most disappointing woot off I've ever been a part of. Right next to me are tweets about waiting all day for a bag o' crap and never getting it so I know I'm not the only one confused and upset by this new system which seems just as easy to exploit as others. I understand there was a theme with the map and the URL but you're not going to offer a single bag up the entire day?!? Isn't there anything left for the customers who just want to click the buy it button when an obvious prize pops up on the screen?

No, there isn't. Woot decided to make you work for your crap this time (rather than just sitting around waiting to try to snipe the 'obvious prize') and I think it's awesome. They learned a valuable lesson on Day 1, and no matter what anyone thinks about Day 2, the only real problem (if you can even say that since quantities aren't guaranteed) was that they didn't offer very many bags for sale. But it's their site, they can choose to offer none if they want.

btmeyers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btmeyers

Does anyone know where to go to find the discussion for the Buccaneers of Caribbean

It isn't on the order page.

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi
btmeyers wrote:Does anyone know where to go to find the discussion for the Buccaneers of Caribbean

It isn't on the order page.

I'm wondering the same thing.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
nyfantom wrote:Dear Woot,

I will forgive you and be your best friend if you let me buy 3 of the woot pirate style monkeys that I missed..

Aww cmon.. please?

I'd settle for one.