KidKobun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KidKobun

What, that was it? I logged on this morning hoping that it would still be going. What a let down...especially after looking back through all of the items offered this time around. Is it just me, or do these woot-offs just keep getting worse and worse.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
girlfriday98 wrote:Didn't woot used to tell us the total number of woots? I don't see that as a stat on the Booty of Contraband page. I am curious about just how many of these babies there were.

Yep - that stat was a victim of the Woot reboot. No longer may we marvel at the impressive number of left handed bacon scented USB adapters sold during an outing.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

messyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages messyt
tennisspears wrote:Got my email for being one of the first 200 to click after the map piece was posted last night! Crap ordered!

Y'ARRR ME TOO!!! That email was very pleasant surprise.

I can't wait to get my share of that Booty! CRAPBAG ORDERED! P)

tmntman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmntman

No luck for me with the B of C. I was waiting to complete the map and type in the last few missing letters. But before I could even do that, the link popped up in Wootalyzer. The map was a cool idea. But in the end, it really just made it even less likely that people would be able to get a Buccaneers of Caribbean without the help of 3rd party software.

That said, the waiting room looks like it could be a cool idea. I hope to see it in action again next month.

(And if each Buccaneers of Caribbean doesn't include a print version of the treasure map from that day, I'll be very disappointed in Woot.)

messyt

nyfantom wrote:Dear Woot,

I will forgive you and be your best friend if you let me buy 3 of the woot pirate style monkeys that I missed..

Aww cmon.. please?

Check ebay ;)

Jalek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jalek
olcubmaster wrote:Yep - that stat was a victim of the Woot reboot. No longer may we marvel at the impressive number of left handed bacon scented USB adapters sold during an outing.

Amazon needs to keep SOME secrets for their Gold Box offers..

messyt

Why isn't anyone commenting on how awesome the Crapbeard treasure hunt was?

I'm going to post an unboxing vid, does anyone do that anymore?

THE Booty of Contraband IS STILL THE BEST THING ON THE INTERNET!!!

krakinboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krakinboy
messyt wrote:Why isn't anyone commenting on how awesome the Crapbeard treasure hunt was?

I'm going to post an unboxing vid, does anyone do that anymore?

THE Booty of Contraband IS STILL THE BEST THING ON THE INTERNET!!!

I agree! While this format might not agree to everyone, at least it provided some challenge, adventure, and a fighting chance for those that got home from work, just to find The Booty of Crapbeard had just sold out a few minutes before.

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi
krakinboy wrote:I agree! While this format might not agree to everyone, at least it provided some challenge, adventure, and a fighting chance for those that got home from work, just to find The Booty of Crapbeard had just sold out a few minutes before.

Discussion is going on, just not here. Type crapbeard into the search.

messyt

amhi wrote:Discussion is going on, just not here. Type crapbeard into the search.

What search are you using?

CRAPBEARD BAG.OF.CRAP unboxing video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXSP8Mgf6g4